It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There once was ONE planet…

Only ONE….

That contained intelligent life…

This planet is even the focal point of all stars…

If fact, this planet was visited by the creator.

The END!

= = = = = =

This little story of origin is the only mathematically possible solution…

You see, 94% of ALL data and the outcome of variability has at its root a statistical thing called…you ready?

Called COMMON CAUSE.

“Wow OT. Ru saying only 6% of all outcome of data is from SPECIAL CAUSE?”

“Yep, that’s exactly what I’m saying!”

“So, ok then, I’ve got a question for you”

“shoot…”

“If 94% of all data is common cause, and only 6% special cause, shouldn’t there be “EARTHS” every where? I mean Earth’s with intelligent life on it? At least in 94 out of 100 areas?”

“Great question!!!! Yep, you got it…

“You see if RANDOMNESS created intelligent life here, it should create it 94% of the time EVERYWHERE.”

“Wow OT, I never thought about it that way…so are you saying the Bible is true?”

“Yep it is the only mathematical probability.”

= = = = = = =

Skeptics, wanna join the conversation?

OT, ASQ LSS MBB (sorry for the 3 acronyms, Google um for more info)
Phil 1:3

Musical vid/support here: “there’s gotta be more, it starts tonight!” Yep, see here: www.youtube.com...

Backup data: www.qualitydigest.com...#

Excerpt:

Every system has variation; some of this is due to the system itself, known as common cause variation; some of it is due to singular incidents or special situations; this is special cause variation. In his book, Out of the Crisis (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1982), W. Edwards Deming estimated that 94 percent of problems (or possibilities for improvement) lie with the system as common-cause variation; 6 percent are special causes.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The universe has been around for 14 billion years. We have only seen our planetary neighborhood.

How do you know there's not other life forms and civilizations out there? Most scientists think there were (and some say that many millions of them could be alive and thriving right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Voyager is waaaaaayyy out there....

what has it seen?

Not much....

related to intelligent life....

OT

PS: Thanks for stopping by, how'd you like the music video...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Describing variability over a period of time helps one to understand how the system is working and to predict how it will continue to work in the future. The alternative is a constant tampering with the system, responding to every whim it may have.

Source: www.qualitydigest.com...

I couldn't agree more...

Variability helps us understand how the "system"...the solar system...works.

The alternative (us) is always messing with HIS system...

OT

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Voyager has hardly left the solar system and is still waaaaay closer to the sun then it is to the nearest star.

What are you suggesting here ?

That because our enormous solar system is actually really, really tiny on a galactic scale, and nothing more then a pixel on a cosmic scale that proves God ?

Even when there is intelligent life on a planet orbiting our nearest star. There is a good chance we would not be able to identify its transmissions atc, because we do not recognize it or have the means to identify it.

6 % chance that we are in the middle of a lifeless abyss in between the first 6 planets in the neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This thought is remarkably similar to the Fermi paradox

The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations and the lack of evidence for, or contact with, such civilizations.

If life is so vastly complex and difficult then how did the intelligent life on Earth form? If it's not that difficult given the vastness of the Universe why haven't we seen any other signs of life? I suggest, and doubt that anyone could show evidence otherwise, that the Earth is an anomaly in the Universe. Life exists only on this planet. This of course is a problem to the scientific community who would decry that this was all simply the work of evolution. If that were possible what would prevent it from happening elsewhere.

I've often thought that cosmology was the bane of evolutionary thought as evolution falls flat on it's face once you leave the Earth. Imagine that this planet is the only known place in the Universe where evolution "happens". Can evolution happen on its own or not? Where then is the repeat of what happened on Earth? A great paradox for sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Sinter Klaas, Hey!!

I'm not trying to 'argue' with you....have you ever thought about the 94/6 scenario before?

I'm mean should there be life 94 out of 100 times?

Since voyager left our solar system, did it see any...sure it's gotta a ways to go...but it should find some huh?

OT

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
......Imagine that this planet is the only known place in the Universe where evolution "happens". Can evolution happen on its own or not? Where then is the repeat of what happened on Earth? A great paradox for sure.

Wise question there, dbates...

So glad you stopped by

Where is the "repeat"????

OT

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't think voyager is capable to find any life but if it could... I think so.

Not in our lifetime anyway.

This 24-6 thing is new to me but I will give it some attention. I'll let you know what I think.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Can you post a source please?

“Wow OT, I never thought about it that way…so are you saying the Bible is true?” “Yep it is the only mathematical probability.”

love the concept but, unless I do not get I am pretty sure it does not prove the Bible per se. If the stats are correct it just disproves life elsewhere.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What ?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

“Wow OT, I never thought about it that way…so are you saying the Bible is true?”

“Yep it is the only mathematical probability.”

Assuming that creationism is a mathematical likelihood, how then do you jump to the assumption that the bible is the accurate truth and not, say, any of the other scores of creation accounts from around the world? Sorry, but the desperation involved in the attempt to validate religious texts as inalienable truth is just becoming more and more droll.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

So we have one planet in one solar system that has life and you claim god has to be the highest probable answer? We haven't made it outside our solar system yet and you are drawing these conclusions. You sir, are using data to fit a hypothesis instead of drawing a hypothesis to fit the data. Big difference there.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
You see, 94% of ALL data and the outcome of variability has at its root a statistical thing called…you ready?

You see, 99% of human DNA is chimpanzee. Additionally, in non-Africans 1-4% of homo sapiens sapiens DNA is Neanderthal. I wonder why the bible left out the part about how we evolved from other species and mated with other now extinct hominid species. I mean, since the bible is true and all.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I don't think voyager is capable to find any life but if it could... I think so.

Not in our lifetime anyway.

This 24-6 thing is new to me but I will give it some attention. I'll let you know what I think.

94-6....

Cool, pls let me know...

Glad you are researching!

OT

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

What ?

It is a side-argument....supplement-ism

really...

BUT prove OT wrong..........................

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What to me proves the reliability of the Bible being from God is the perfect fulfillment of prophecy. The probability studies done leave no doubt that it was authored by a deity that "declares the end from the beginning."

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Snf for you OT

What a great mind you have. You bring proof to so much of the things I already KNOW thru faith. This is a perfect example of that. Seti hears nothing, because there is nothing of intelligent life out there. Deep space is still in our dimension. The only other intelligent life is in spirit form and on a different plain.
I believe Gods plan in the beginning was for men to be immortal, populate the cosmos, reproduce himself thru us, as we live to gain the knowledge
it takes for us to become Gods.
Satans jealousy has only caused that plan to be postponed not indefinetly.The Bible even says there will be an end to the universe some day.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by unfndqlt
Can you post a source please?

“Wow OT, I never thought about it that way…so are you saying the Bible is true?” “Yep it is the only mathematical probability.”

love the concept but, unless I do not get I am pretty sure it does not prove the Bible per se. If the stats are correct it just disproves life elsewhere.

Fair point, unless you've read the Apostle Paul's counsel to the folks at Colosee? most don't take the time, will you friend?

OT honored!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wikipedia's examples of special cause

Special causes

Poor adjustment of equipment
Operator falls asleep
Faulty controllers
Machine malfunction
Computer crashes
Poor batch of raw material
Power surges
High healthcare demand from elderly people
Abnormal traffic (click-fraud) on web ads[4]
Extremely long lab testing turnover time due to switching to a new computer system
Operator absent

Somehow I'm not seeing "the bible is true because only one known planet yet has detectable life forms". Your argument seems to be more a case of special pleading than anything else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join