It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
Christians should avoid undertaking any form of.... rock music.

You must be old like me?

Nah, these kids rock out for JC

www.youtube.com...

Or do you believe the devil owns music

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelun

I'd absolutely LOVE to, I wondered if you'd ask me. To this very day the Miller-Urey experiment is in textbooks around the world and toted by Darwinists as proof life could emerge from chemicals and random chance. there is one extremely glaring problem with the experiment since the 1980s..

Their experiment HINGES on whether the correct atmosphere used in the experiment accurately simulated the environment of the early Earth. At the time, Miller was basing his atmospheric conditions for the experiment on Urey's theory that it was comprised of a hydrogen-rich mixture of methane, ammonia, and water vapor. This was not Urey's fault per se, because it was the consensus at the time of numerous scientists in his day and age. However, since the 1980s scientists have no longer believed this to be true whatsoever.

As Philip H. Abelson, Geophysicist with the Carnegie Institution said in 1966 in his book: "Chemical events on the Primitive Earth", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 55, 1365-72; 'What is the evidence for a primitive methane-ammonia atmosphere on Earth? The answer is there is NO evidence for it, but much AGAINST it.'

By the mid- 1970s, Belgian biochemist Marcel Florkin was declaring that the concept behind Miller's theory of the early atmosphere 'has been abandoned'. Two of the leading origin-of-life researchers, Klaus Dose and Sidney Fox, confirmed that Miller had used an inaccurate gas mixture. And "Science" magazine said in 1995 that experts now dismiss Miller's experiment because, 'the early atmosphere looked NOTHING like the Miller-Urey simulation.'

From 1980 to now, NASA scientists have shown that the early Earth never had any methane, ammonia, or hydrogen to amount to anything, instead, it was composed of water vapor, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen. Most textbooks today still present the Miller experiment as though it reflected the Earth's early atmosphere, when most geochemists since the 1960s would say that it was totally unlike Miller's.

"What happens if you replay the Miller-Urey experiment with an accurate atmosphere" you ask???

I'll tell you this, you most certainly do not get amino acids, some textbooks will still fudge the results by stating you still get "organic molecules" from the experiment with an accurate early Earth atmosphere as if that solves the glaring problem. Wanna know what "organic molecules" the experiment results in today???

Formaldehyde! Cyanide! They are in fact organic molecules yes, but in labs across the globe you cannot even have a capped bottle of formaldehyde in the room because of it's toxicity. You open a bottle of that stuff and it utterly fries proteins all over the place from the fumes alone. It kills embryos. The preposterous idea that using a realistic atmosphere gets you the first step in the origin of life is a joke amongst geochemists. What formaldehyde and cyanide actually get you today is....

EMBALMING FLUID.

Pick of a copy of "A Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel, the Miller-Urey experiment is discussed specifically in Chapter 3.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
EMBALMING FLUID.

Pick of a copy of "A Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel, the Miller-Urey experiment is discussed specifically in Chapter 3.

Great post...

"Vanity, vanity", huh?

OT

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by blah yada
Christians should avoid undertaking any form of.... rock music.

You must be old like me?

Nah, these kids rock out for JC

www.youtube.com...

Or do you believe the devil owns music

More examples of those wicked kids and their evil drums and electric guitars:

HERE

and

HERE

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

EMBALMING FLUID.

Great post...

"Vanity, vanity", huh?

OT

*wink*

I love that man, when you use an accurate early Earth atmosphere you get embalming fluid, that is the joke of all jokes.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Bearing in mind that we do not truly know the size of our Universe / Multiverse how can you state that 94% of it is not populated with intelligent life or worlds the same / similar to ours?

In fact for all we know 99% of it is populated it's just that due to our technology we can only see 0.0000001% of it..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Listen fellow Christians, NEVER let any self-righteous Christians try to tell you that dancing or drums, guitars, etc have no place in the House of God. Anyone who says that makes King David a heretic and a liar. Please refer them to Psalm 150:

"Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in His sanctuary: praise Him in the firmament of his power.

Praise Him for his mighty acts: praise Him according to his excellent greatness.

Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet: praise Him with the psaltery and harp.

Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise Him with stringed instruments and organs.

Praise Him upon the loud cymbals: praise Him upon the high sounding cymbals.

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."

AMEN brother David, yes, all the Earth praise the Lord!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

FULL CIRCLE!!!!!

The joke's on them...kinda like the Exec. Council for Egypt back in the day with the plagues, mocking the 'deities'

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
Bearing in mind that we do not truly know the size of our Universe / Multiverse how can you state that 94% of it is not populated with intelligent life or worlds the same / similar to ours?

In fact for all we know 99% of it is populated it's just that due to our technology we can only see 0.0000001% of it..

Fair point....

Let's just stay in our solar system, ok? Why don't we see more earth friend? Do the math....it called "assignable" cause...

If it were natural, 'within' the process it would be the norm, not the exception...

Please don't just try and outsmart OT, just think about it...this is of grave importance, sorry if I sould like grandma to you

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

FULL CIRCLE!!!!!

The joke's on them...kinda like the Exec. Council for Egypt back in the day with the plagues, mocking the 'deities'

1 Corinthians 1:20 on display right before our eyes indeed.

Miller-Urey?? Sorry, two thumbs down.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

.....Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet: praise Him with the psaltery and harp.

OK, here:
www.youtube.com...

Did you hear about Jimmy Hendrix on the Dick Cavet show?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Fair point....

Let's just stay in our solar system, ok? Why don't we see more earth friend? Do the math....it called "assignable" cause...

If 94% of all data is common cause, and only 6% special cause, shouldn’t there be “EARTHS” every where? I mean Earth’s with intelligent life on it? At least in 94 out of 100 areas?

We are unable to do that using those statistics though.

if you say 94% out of 100% (our universe) should contain an earth, and you take 0.000000001% (our solar system) of that 100% you are therefore stating that you would expect to see 94% of our solar system populated where in actual fact the probability of that 0.000000001% being populated would actually be a lot lot less ( I would work it out but I am at work at the moment)

your statistics are fundamentally flawed..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Did you notice that he used a guitar with "Doves" on it for the song about the WIND and the wheat?

What else has the symbolism of "wind" and a "dove" in the Bible??

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

8) Live or die? Make up your mind god!!

PSA 92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."
ISA 57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

In Psalms 92, you forgot the first part…”It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name”

Was the old rock group ‘Queen’ ALWAYS ‘The Champion’? I think U2 outsold them…..It’s just a song bro.

In ISA 57, “perisheth” just means “taken away” and btw, Israel was in the midst of war. The Bible recognizes life as it is…sometimes people die in war

These few I’ve responded to, after a lil’ research surely make the atheists “contradiction” mantra a whole lot less intimating...really some sound-interpretation, common sense principles work everytime.

= = = =

Have you ever heard of Hermeneutics? Another non-contradiction. Please remember a “text without a context is a pre-text.”

[edit on 17-8-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz

Fair point....

If 94% of all data is common cause, and only 6% special cause, shouldn’t there be “EARTHS” every where? I mean Earth’s with intelligent life on it? At least in 94 out of 100 areas?

We are unable to do that using those statistics though.

if you say 94% out of 100% (our universe) should contain an earth, and you take 0.000000001% (our solar system) of that 100% you are therefore stating that you would expect to see 94% of our solar system populated where in actual fact the probability of that 0.000000001% being populated would actually be a lot lot less ( I would work it out but I am at work at the moment)

your statistics are fundamentally flawed..

no, you dont understand, he probably never been outside his village/state, let alone to another country, and he claims voyager has already discovered all of the solar system for him and didnt find anything
i guess there's no intelligent life out there, since OT and the voyager couldnt find it. i can assure you, they searched through the entire solar system! in fact, they already closing in on the whole universe!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
ill make my questions simple so you can answer them quick, OT

YES OR NO ONLY

1. have you ever been outside the earth's atmosphere?

2. if answer to above is no, are you 94% certain that there's life on earth?

ill answer them myself to

1. no

2. yes

edit to add: judging by this thread, though, im not sure about life on earth being "intelligent"

[edit on 17-8-2010 by iditenahuiats]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iditenahuiats
...no, you dont understand, he probably never been outside his village/state, let alone to another country...

I found a family picture of me on the computer today in the 'village'

www.imageenvision.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

You see, 94% of ALL data and the outcome of variability has at its root a statistical thing called…you ready?

You see, 99% of human DNA is chimpanzee. Additionally, in non-Africans 1-4% of homo sapiens sapiens DNA is Neanderthal. I wonder why the bible left out the part about how we evolved from other species and mated with other now extinct hominid species. I mean, since the bible is true and all.

Actually 95% is similar as they have researched this number has gone down. We are actually closer related to the mouse with 99% of our genome being similar.
Human/mouse dna 99%

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iditenahuiats
...no, you dont understand, he probably never been outside his village/state, let alone to another country...

I found a family picture of me on the computer today in the 'village'

www.imageenvision.com...

Wow, you're hot, never knew.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

You see, 94% of ALL data and the outcome of variability has at its root a statistical thing called…you ready?

You see, 99% of human DNA is chimpanzee. Additionally, in non-Africans 1-4% of homo sapiens sapiens DNA is Neanderthal. I wonder why the bible left out the part about how we evolved from other species and mated with other now extinct hominid species. I mean, since the bible is true and all.

Actually 95% is similar as they have researched this number has gone down. We are actually closer related to the mouse with 99% of our genome being similar.
Human/mouse dna 99%

We're also genetically similar to flowers. So there is two ways to look at this..

A: Humans, primates, flowers, and mice all had a common ancestor.

Or

B: We have a common creator of primates, flowers, and mice.

I vote B.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join