It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Heads up...

Knock off the thread derailment, mini modding and thinly veiled racial slurs, and discuss the topic.

If you can't do that, don't post.

If, for whatever reason you feel you have to post such things, then be aware that your posts will be removed.

Hope thats clear.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled topic discussion.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

and thinly veiled racial slurs

Say what? Can you give us an example?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Thats fine.

Thanks, glad I have your approval. Notice you didn't deny what you did though.

Those threads you referenced me were threads addressings 'Mark Williams' and the statement he wrote.

No, those threads I referenced you to were over 300 hits for the words "racist" and "tea party". Mark Williams and the NAACP were not the only things that showed up in the Google search and you know it.

He wrote in in reply to the NCAAP after the NCAAP attacked the tea parties for making a racial issue out of the black panther incident back in to the elections. This entire issue of 'race' was once again revived by the tea parties after they had decided to bring up the black panther incident that happened over a year and a half ago.

So.. Instead the past should be ignored as if it never happened. Yeah, that helps things.

That is when it started, and since then tea party members on here have been defensive on the matter where it was them and their ilk that decided to bring it back into the fold.

Yeah, cause tea party members and supports call themselves racist here on these boards. It's an accusation that gets hurled in every thread that even remotely has anything to do with the tea parties. Pretending it doesn't, doesn't make it so.

Like I said, for a group that spends its time shouting and arguing against other groups, it should be expected that the same will be dished out right back. Instead of targeting the black panthers and NAACP maybe the tea parties should back to more relevant issues, especially if it or you intend not to make race an issue for you again.

Yes, well it's much easier to discuss issues when you don't have to defend yourself against accusations of racism every time you turn around isn't it? It wouldn't matter if supporters or members of the tea parties that are on ATS only spoke about issues and never said a word about race, they'd still get accused of being racist and few people here would actually take the time to discuss the issues with them. Again, you're accusing one group of doing something while giving the other a free pass.

I was not discussing the past year

Nope, not playing this game with you again. We've already been down that road. I don't care if you weren't discussing the past year, the google search I provided speaks for itself. The topic isn't as nonexistent as you'd like people to believe.

In anycase since we will be discussing the past year, I still fail to see why race has to be brought up for defensive purposes by tea party members here when each and every on of those threads has ended up in the defense of the tea parties?

Let me think.. I could've sword I said this in my last post to you... Maybe because they keep having to defend themselves?
Sure a thread can start off fine, but it's only a matter of a page or two at the most before someone posts something along the lines of "The tea parties are just a bunch of idiotic racists who don't have anything to complain about except the president is black." It happened in your latest thread about the tea parties on page one. And you have to ask why people defend against it in every thread? There's your answer.

When did I post a thread specifically saying that the tea party movement as a whole was racist? If your accusing me of accusing alot of tea party members as racist then you got me I guess? I do believe there are alot of racist members in the tea party protests but I have never accused the movement for being about that specifically.

Didn't say you started a thread about it, I said you've posted in them and yes you've agreed. So I'm not really surprised that you chastise supporters for defending, but say nothing to the accusers who won't let the topic die. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Because those threads never gain support. If you go back to any of those threads, to the OP, the vast majority of members disagree.

Oh please. Every thread I've seen on the topic becomes page after page of people claiming the tea parties are racist while others defend against it or ask for proof. They have support all right, or it wouldn't keep playing out the way it does.

I still fail to see why tea party members go out of the way to convince us they are not racist? Why bring up race if its not really an issue?

Do you enjoy being called racist? (I'm assuming you're not, if you are then I suppose it wouldn't bother you.) Do you enjoy having every point you make ignored in favor of calling you a racist? I sure don't, and I don't know any normal person who does. Nor do I know anyone who wouldn't defend themselves against that accusation.

What charges? On this forum?

Here, from the media, from the NAACP (which really I just find hilarious), from members of congress, from idiot 'celebrities', etc. Has it died down some? Sure. Has the accusation gone away? Nope. Why? Because some people take anything that comes from their favorite news commentator or reporter as gospel and believe that if they say the tea parties are racist, then it must be true. So they go and toss the accusation at anyone who mentions tea parties and sounds like they support it. That's the great thing about being called racist. Get called that enough times, whether it's true or not, and everyone else believes it.

You tell me how many of these 'racism' charges got majority support on this forum? They hardly ever do as far as I can see.

Does it really matter if 5 people or 20 post in a thread saying the tea parties are racist? You see something posted often enough, some people will believe it just from sheer repetition regardless of whether or not it's true.

So why do tea party members insist on making this a bigger issue that it is? Especially on this forum??

Perhaps people are hoping to put the accusation to rest once and for all. It's pretty obvious that it's still an issue, otherwise your own recent thread wouldn't have gotten the accusation posted on the very first page.

This is not a matter of me down playing the number of members who said it, this is a matter of tea party members on this forum making this issue out to be bigger just to get attention.

Oh please. You're still doing it. Deny it all you like, it takes all of five minutes to go through the link to that google search and find plenty of examples of people calling the tea parties racist. Downplaying an issue doesn't make it go away or they wouldn't have tried to impeach Clinton and the economy wouldn't be in the toilet right now.

Edit: Holy formatting, Batman! Closed the quote box I missed the first time around.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
No, those threads I referenced you to were over 300 hits for the words "racist" and "tea party".

And I referred to you in the past month, not the past year, once again to make it clear. If you look to the threads regarding racism and the tea parties, you will find many of them came from tea party members or conservatives on this forum, all regarding the Mark williams statement and the NAACP/black panther accusations of racism.

As for the past year and a half, yes there have been many threads outright accusing the tea parties of being racist, but none of them ever gained a significant of support or agreement on this forum. You seem to be easily irritated at the fact the tea parties are being called racist at all among many other things, but the tea party gets what it dishes out on a daily basis.

Mark Williams and the NAACP were not the only things that showed up

For the past year and a half? Certainly not. No doubt racism was a card thrown at the tea parties all this time, but last month in particular it escalated, and it was ignited by the tea parties and rightwing media bringing up the black panther incident of 08'.

So.. Instead the past should be ignored as if it never happened. Yeah, that helps things.

Are you referring to Mark Williams statement?

Yeah, cause tea party members and supports call themselves racist here on these boards.

No, racism was an issue thrown right back into the spotlight by tea party members themselves, it was thrown into the spotlight when tea party groups decided to target the black panthers and the NAACP. For what reason? Maybe to gain attention. Do you think the black panthers and NAACP decided to get up and make an outcry of how racist the tea parties were just last month? They had been doing it since last year. They increased their accusations of racism when the tea parties decided to target them over racism in connection to the black panther incident.

Hopefully you can by the least get the point I am trying to make here for your next reply.

Yes, well it's much easier to discuss issues when you don't have to defend yourself against accusations of racism every time you turn around isn't it?

Well thats life is it not? The tea parties are not the only group to have to be constantly thrown accusations at. On a daily basis Obama is being accused as being all sorts of things. A secret communist spy, an arab, the anti-christ, a muslim, foreign born, you name it. Does he respond to every accusation made to him on a daily basis? No. Neither do the Republicans and Democrats, neither do other groups or individuals.

The only reason why these racism accusations came louder this time around was because the tea parties decided to bring up the black panthers again. It was unnecessary, but they did, they intended to get attention in doing so, they got the attention of the black panthers, they targeted the NAACP, and likewise, back and forth.

of the tea parties that are on ATS only spoke about issues and never said a word about race,

Well this thread is a direct example proving your point wrong. This is the OP's second thread I have responded to where he decided to bring up the tea parties and race, among the many others I have responded to. His last thread was in accusing the NAACP in being racist because of the edited tape of Sharrod which was proven to be taken way out of context. The OP is a prime example among many tea party advocates who continue to assist in throwing this issue around.

Im sure you would feel better debating with me on government spending rather than on this right? Well your fellow tea party members on this forum ain't helping with this.

Nope, not playing this game with you again.

I clearly stated the past month in my previous comment you addressed. Go back to that previous post of mind and read what I said. If you wish to point out anything, by all means post it here for us to see once again.

I don't care if you weren't discussing the past year,

No you don't, because the past month proves my point.

the google search I provided speaks for itself. The topic isn't as nonexistent as you'd like people to believe.

Where did I say the topics of racism against the tea parties by non-tea party members were non-existent?

"The tea parties are just a bunch of idiotic racists who don't have anything to complain about except the president is black." It happened in your latest thread about the tea parties on page one.

If you go back to my latest thread, and I invite anybody else here reading this, I never once mentioned race in my OP, so thats a lie to start with. Maybe you took what I posted personally? and could not bring yourself to actually read the thread and honestly address like wise?

Do you enjoy being called racist?

No. I was actually called a racist the other day. But then again I have been called all sorts of things. Did I respond? Not really, this was just a young guy who clearly did not understand and I felt sorry that he held such ignorance and a negative view over himself to say something like that. Im sure you do not like being called a racist just for practicing your belief and likewise you intend to defend yourself on that believe. However that still does not change the fact that race is an issue being incited by both tea party members and outside members. It does not help anything, neither does it help denying the fact that there are no instigators from the tea parties.

Here, from the media, from the NAACP

The NAACP only at recent reponded to the tea parties because of their accusations regarding the black panther incident back in 08' elections. Tea party representitives and groups decided to target the NAACP in their criticism and likewise the NAACP responded. I have no doubt there are racists in both sides.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It doesn't matter how many people in the crowd are holding racist signs. The people in the crowd should alienate those who are distorting their message. If it's happening, then clean it up.

Fortunately, now that those who will mix racism into the message are under the spotlight; I think that more people will try to keep the racist elements out of the gatherings. I can't understand how people could allow this to happen in the first place. I would be angry if I was at an event supporting a message and there was someone beside me holding a sign that was racist. They would not only be making themselves look bad, they would be making me look bad as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

And I referred to you in the past month, not the past year, once again to make it clear.

Because you like to discount anything that doesn't prove your point, and only time frames that make it appear as though you're right count. Don't worry, I remember how the game is played. And as I said, I'm not playing this game with you again.

If you look to the threads regarding racism and the tea parties, you will find many of them came from tea party members or conservatives on this forum, all regarding the Mark williams statement and the NAACP/black panther accusations of racism.

Absolutely incorrect.

You seem to be easily irritated at the fact the tea parties are being called racist at all among many other things, but the tea party gets what it dishes out on a daily basis.

Nope. I get easily irritated when the same nonsense gets spouted over and over again and it being fine, but when someone tries to prove the nonsense for what it is they're just "whining" or making a bigger deal out of it than it actually is. Maybe it's just me, but I hate broad brushes. Especially when they're used to paint large groups of people.

No doubt racism was a card thrown at the tea parties all this time, but last month in particular it escalated, and it was ignited by the tea parties and rightwing media bringing up the black panther incident of 08'.

You act like it went away until recently. It didn't.

Are you referring to Mark Williams statement?

I was speaking in general.

They had been doing it since last year.

Hallelujah, you admit that it's not the tea parties who've been bringing it up for over a year. I'm in shock, truly.

The tea parties are not the only group to have to be constantly thrown accusations at.

No, they're not. But they are the only ones not allowed to defend themselves against the accusations.

Does he respond to every accusation made to him on a daily basis? No. Neither do the Republicans and Democrats, neither do other groups or individuals.

Yes well they don't have to since they have thousands of followers who do it for them on a daily basis, especially here. Helps when you have lackeys. Maybe I should get a lackey...

The only reason why these racism accusations came louder this time around was because the tea parties decided to bring up the black panthers again.

In case you missed it, there's been some controversy over whether the voter intimidation case was mishandled. That is why it was brought back up. Not because the tea party supporters were pointing fingers again. Because it may have been mishandled.

His last thread was in accusing the NAACP in being racist because of the edited tape of Sharrod which was proven to be taken way out of context.

Completely off-topic and irrelevant.

Im sure you would feel better debating with me on government spending rather than on this right?

Would I rather be discussing government spending? Definitely. I could write a book on that. Would it make a difference what topic you and I were discussing? Not really, you use the same tactics either way.

I clearly stated the past month in my previous comment you addressed.

Ignore my point, if it makes you feel better. Sticking our heads in the sand and imposing time frames doesn't make things go away.

Where did I say the topics of racism against the tea parties by non-tea party members were non-existent?

You said:

Iv hardly ever seen the topic brought by other members, the very few I haven seen barely gain any attention.

I didn't claim you said they were non-existent, I said you act like the threads and posts that have been posted calling the tea parties (not individuals, the tea parties themselves) racist don't exist when they very clearly do.

"The tea parties are just a bunch of idiotic racists who don't have anything to complain about except the president is black." It happened in your latest thread about the tea parties on page one.

If you go back to my latest thread, and I invite anybody else here reading this, I never once mentioned race in my OP, so thats a lie to start with. Maybe you took what I posted personally? and could not bring yourself to actually read the thread and honestly address like wise?

Ahh, here it is. The cherry-picked quotes where you make it look like I said something I didn't. I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. Let's look at what I actually said:

Originally posted by Jenna
Sure a thread can start off fine, but it's only a matter of a page or two at the most before someone posts something along the lines of "The tea parties are just a bunch of idiotic racists who don't have anything to complain about except the president is black." It happened in your latest thread about the tea parties on page one.

See that bolded part that you cut out of the quote when you responded? I clearly said a thread can start off fine and clearly didn't say that you called the tea parties racist. Spare me the act and quit twisting my words.

However that still does not change the fact that race is an issue being incited by both tea party members and outside members. It does not help anything, neither does it help denying the fact that there are no instigators from the tea parties.

This particular quote I do agree with you on. Some tea party supporters are racist. I have readily admitted that in the past, and am doing so again. Every large group of people is going to have racists in it, whether they're a tea party, the NAACP, or a church group. The problem is the entire movement gets painted as racists because of the actions of a few. Then if you dare defend against the accusation you're accused of bringing it up as if the accusations aren't still being flung around.

"You're a racist!!"
"No, I'm not."
"Quit bringing it up, it's not a big deal."

Edit: See the post below if you require proof it's happening still.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by undo

It doesn't matter how many people in the crowd are holding racist signs. The people in the crowd should alienate those who are distorting their message. If it's happening, then clean it up.

But they won't as the *SNIP* are actually racist..well 99% of them at least.

Funny thing is...well, kinda sad actually...most of them aren't aware they're racist. They're in denial. They will agree the *SNIP* rallies shouldn't consist of hate speech or posters/signs....but then they'll come out and do some very bigot things. Also, didn't the NAACP receive death threats for calling *SNIP* racist? Kinda proves the point, no?

I've stated many times...
these people are hypocrites to the fullest extent.

Sad sad people....

Cheers.

MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on Sat Aug 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

No, racism was an issue thrown right back into the spotlight by tea party members themselves, it was thrown into the spotlight when tea party groups decided to target the black panthers and the NAACP. For what reason?

Are you serious? You're blaming the tea parties for responding to the NAACP charge that they are racist? Do you only read left wing propaganda sites or something?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
guess someone here has never watched any of the black panther videos....

99% of all tea partiers are racist...............eh

guess this guy has actually met ever single one of them....been in their homes and see how they live.

im one of those "angry rich white guys" whose dated my share of ethnic women including marriage.

i still get label as a hater----if thats what this guy wants to do hes gonna do no matter what i say.

the so called hate speak has a equal share comming from the extreme left .....

goes back to earlier posts in this thread---

deny them then they will hold no power over you--in the end we all know who and what we are.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

the problem with all this is that we in the USA, had already repaired the whole black vs. white issue. there's no reason on god's green earth to revisit prejudice. that was all behind us. but even with a black president, we're still being accused, as a nation, of being prejudice. ya see, most people who live in the usa are white. it's easy to look at a rally on ANY subject (well almost any subject) and see primarily white people there. categorizing a majority white event as racist simply because of the appearance of its members, in the USA, is disingenuous. fact o' the matter is, earth is not populated by only one racial group. sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
how many black people do you see in this audience?

how many black people do you see in this audience?

i could go on and on, on this subject. fact is, you're ignoring 99% of the country in favor of the 1% that is still prejudice and using that as a reason to just keep up your own inability to just quit with the race thing

[edit on 7-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i dunno what the hell is wrong with some people, but who in the sam hill do you think is buying all this stuff, paying the salaries of these people to rise to stardom or to become independently wealthy? the easter bunny? who buys the tickets, the music, the movies, who sends in the campaign contributions and etc? just stop with the white people in one place=kkk rally. i'm getting really T-eed off!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
So when these people are pointed out, the defense is - 'The Tea Party is not a cohesive group. It is not really a party. It is not a group of certain anything, it is just random people. If there are some racists then they only represent themselves.'

Ok fine.

Then why is it that the 5 black Tea Party members are held up as somehow representative of the idea that the Tea Party is indeed a cohesive group that is not at all racist?

How can it be both?

Good question. They are a diverse political movement. It is not an official political party, and not one specific individual among them is an overall speaker. These (more than 5) individuals wanted everyone to know people from all walks of life share the movement's philosophies.

Did you know the "Tea-Party Movement" had/has the potential to become the largest political movement since the Civil Rights and Revolutionary war. If enough people struck the right cord at once, they could have helped restore constitutional law for every man, women, and child in this country.

Instead of everyone in the United States jumping on board, we may have lost our last chance to actually take back our country. Talk about irony.

We could have overthrown our guards and replaced them with more constitutionally sound ones. As a result of many-many people not waking up, we may have lost an opportunity of a life time.

It is all being played out in real-time. Who knows if they can turns things around.

Irony indeed.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Section31]

Well, this ballgame isn't even close to being over. There are a lot of unhappy people across this country, and the actual size and impact cannot be gauged until after the November elections.

Did you know the "Tea-Party Movement" had/has the potential to become the largest political movement since the Civil Rights and Revolutionary war. If enough people struck the right cord at once, they could have helped restore constitutional law for every man, women, and child in this country.

Good piece of insight!!!! I wouldn't give up on the American people just yet. I've got a feeling that the continued attacks on the Tea Party will only increase their turnout. I hope to see a new coalition of voters consisting of the Tea Party, conservative/moderate Democrats, a majority of Independents, and those evil Republicans, sweeping out as many incumbents as possible taking over the House and possibly the Senate.

There is no way to accurately judge the eventual size of the Tea Party vote, but with 70% of Americans say we are headed in the wrong direction, gives my pessimistic mind a reason to be optimistic. It may truly turn out to be a night to remember. Now is no time to give up. Stand tall, face to the wind. I've never given up on the American people, and I'm hoping they arise from their long slumber, and step up when the whole ballgame is on the line.

Southern Guardian - For months I have been reading your many posts ragging on the Tea Party. So much so, I thought you were an Obama Official Website plant. Seriously. I hope you get a wake up call in November.

Hudson - GREAT THREAD - Kudos for the cajones to take on this issue knowing what would lie ahead. Bravo!!!!

Jenna -

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Oldnslo]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Too bad the reporters weren't identified in that video.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

So the Tea Party is nothing but angry Americans from all walks of life with no shared ideology but yet in November they are all going to vote the same way?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I'd say that people from different political groups all agreeing that spending is out of control and that everyone currently in congress is part of the problem is sharing an ideology. They don't have to agree on the solution to agree on the problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

From your past posts I can tell you are smarter than this so that must be a willful deflection. If not, I ask you read my post again and if you still feel like replying, try aiming for what I said. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Oldnslo

So the Tea Party is nothing but angry Americans from all walks of life with no shared ideology but yet in November they are all going to vote the same way?

No where in my post did I come close to using the word angry. I believe I said:

There are a lot of unhappy people across this country, and the actual size and impact cannot be gauged until after the November elections.

To answer your question. Yes.

I believe the average American realizes the economic disaster which lies ahead from Congress' out of control spending, can actually see through our "transparent" POTUS, and knows who is really using the race card in this country. I believe most incumbents are history. Republican or Democrat.

In November, if I'm wrong u2u me and I'll post an apology for my ignorance and my misplaced beliefs in the American people's desire to continue to live with the values that have served us well for more than 200 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Jenna

From your past posts I can tell you are smarter than this so that must be a willful deflection. If not, I ask you read my post again and if you still feel like replying, try aiming for what I said. Thanks.

I thought she was quite clear. She's aiming at your heart and you're the one doing the deflecting.

Feeble try.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I'm taking that as a compliment.

You said they had no shared ideology, but they do. I posted what I see as that shared ideology. They don't have to agree on everything to agree on that much. The people in the women's rights movement didn't all agree on the solution, just the problem. The people in the civil rights movement didn't all agree on the solution, just the problem. That's how movements work.

Edit: Will they all vote exactly the same way? No, probably not. Unless there is a candidate on the ballot that they all think matches their stance on the issues, of course. Doesn't mean that they'll just vote the incumbent back in either though.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join