It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by JMech

Some African Americans (not all) still think Obama is a great president, that we should have patience and that he will succeed.

Others know better than that by now and realize he's just a puppet like Bush and the other former presidents where...

(ok I broke my promise of not posting)

[edit on 6-8-2010 by TheBandit795]

Some, but not all, people have a left hand. What's your point?

Here's my point: I fail to see how you can be a moderator when you harass a group of people in one political paradigm for alleged name calling, but fall all over yourself to engage in civil discourse with someone who calls conservative African Americans the derogatory "Uncle Tom" without reprimanding him for committing the same offense. Maybe you should step down as moderator, since you are obviously biased and unfair in your moderating duties.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by azguyblahblah]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

my guess is that they were in the tea party and didn't like being called racist by the media.

I hope you realize that this response does nothing to address what I actually said. Thanks anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by azguyblahblah

If you actually read my post you would see that I said "people call you an uncle tom for belonging to The Tea Party". Not my words.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just can't believe this! My head is hurting now!
second line!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

et.al, they are holding themselves up as representative of the fact there are indeed black people in the tea party and therefore it is not racist against black people. unless they are racist against themselves.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is the argument that I have seen play out in so many different situation.

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend"
No, it doesn't work that way.
Here is how you end racism. Stop talking about. Do what Morgan Freeman said, see each other as people, rather than "insertrandomddescription" people.

Send your kids to school with white, black, hispanic, and asian children. Don't talk about race, and it'll be over in a few generations.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by azguyblahblah

Some, but not all, people have a left hand. What's your point?

Here's my point: I fail to see how you can be a moderator when you harass a group of people in one political paradigm for alleged name calling, but fall all over yourself to engage in civil discourse with someone who calls conservative African Americans the derogatory "Uncle Tom" without reprimanding him for committing the same offense. Maybe you should step down as moderator, since you are obviously biased and unfair in your moderating duties.

Hold on let me look at the thread again...

Edit: It doesn't look to me like he was actually calling conservative African Americans "Uncle Toms". He says it's not his words.

But anyway... Back on topic...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Yep. Racism or any discussion of it just attracts more of the same. Kids aren't born with that trait.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

it was over before obama got in office for the bulk of the voting public.
think about that for awhile. but ya know what happened? literally anyone, who had anything even remotely wrong to say about the current adminstraton was labelled racist, including other black people. i guess they supposedly hate the part of obama that is white?
it's obvious. the thing is obvious.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
So when these people are pointed out, the defense is - 'The Tea Party is not a cohesive group. It is not really a party. It is not a group of certain anything, it is just random people. If there are some racists then they only represent themselves.'

Ok fine.

Then why is it that the 5 black Tea Party members are held up as somehow representative of the idea that the Tea Party is indeed a cohesive group that is not at all racist?

How can it be both?

Good question. They are a diverse political movement. It is not an official political party, and not one specific individual among them is an overall speaker. These (more than 5) individuals wanted everyone to know people from all walks of life share the movement's philosophies.

Did you know the "Tea-Party Movement" had/has the potential to become the largest political movement since the Civil Rights and Revolutionary war. If enough people struck the right cord at once, they could have helped restore constitutional law for every man, women, and child in this country.

Instead of everyone in the United States jumping on board, we may have lost our last chance to actually take back our country. Talk about irony.

We could have overthrown our guards and replaced them with more constitutionally sound ones. As a result of many-many people not waking up, we may have lost an opportunity of a life time.

It is all being played out in real-time. Who knows if they can turns things around.

Irony indeed.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
This is the argument that I have seen play out in so many different situation.

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend"
No, it doesn't work that way.
Here is how you end racism. Stop talking about. Do what Morgan Freeman said, see each other as people, rather than "insertrandomddescription" people.

Send your kids to school with white, black, hispanic, and asian children. Don't talk about race, and it'll be over in a few generations.

almost it wont end until we stop putting hyphens in our names

african-american
hispanic-american
etc.

to me thats trying to make one group better than anther one....

the only thing anyone is living this country is an american

knowing where you come from is a must..................labels do create division until that stops it will never end.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Tea *SNIP* love playing the race card.

Reverse racism....clever

MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on Sat Aug 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Do you have anything constructive to say? Or are middle school insults the only contribution you have to make to the conversation?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It is kind of funny. When the opportunity actually presents itself, people get completely caught up with the mainstream bashing train.

If you think about what had transpired, the Tea-Party didn't have to become a conservative movement. It could have (and still can) be something extraordinarily more. All the ATS conspiracy theories could have their answers, and all people have to do is grab a hold of the Tea-Party movement.

We are watching pure history slip away, so that 45% of the population can live in ignorance.

Talk about major irony.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Maybe Tea Baggers shouldn't harass black congressmen and black liberals.

Karma is a bitch huh?

Maybe Tea Party members didn't.

And, if by "Karma" you mean totally unsubstantiated accusations, then yes it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

half hour ended a couple generations ago.
you just have your fingers in your ears.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Or are middle school insults the only contribution you have to make to the conversation?

There's never a mod around, when you need one

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i think everyone in here see that guy pretty much for what he is

there justice in that for me.......

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Some of these people who are against the tea-party movement are going to kick themselves in the but, for the opportunity to help mold the movement into something more was lost to ignorance.

45% of the population may have lost a chance of a lifetime, and it was overlooked by their gullible belief in MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN.

Pure history could and can still be made. It does not have to be a conservative only movement. It can be molded into something more.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
reply to post by azguyblahblah

If you actually read my post you would see that I said "people call you an uncle tom for belonging to The Tea Party". Not my words.

No you didn't. You said:
"In case nobody noticed, if your African American and for The Tea Party(not teabaggers, brings about a rather disgusting image...T&C anybody?) then there's something wrong with you and your and Uncle Tom. There was a poll I heard about today where Obama's numbers were down with all ethnic groups except African Americans. Is that because of the fine job he's doing?"

If that is what you meant, then my bad. No offense, but it was a hard to understand paragraph, as it was written.

In someone else's words (I'm sure), I guess I'm just as bad as the conservative baby eating monster-Nazi's who support the tea party (not my words!!)

I still think the mod is biased, but that is just my opinion. I'm still allowed a couple of those here, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join