It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'll open-hand, slap the spittle, from one of those clowns mouths!

Because they've worked hard, and caught some breaks, they don't take into account that everyone can't make it. No matter how hard some people work they won't make it. It's the Law of the Land. There isn't room for everyone to make it.

Some people maybe lazy because it's apparent to them, that no matter how hard they work, they aren't going to make it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
You have members and groups of the tea party movement assisting in instigating these racial charges and yet all you seem to do is complain that these racial charges back are totally uninfluenced by the tea parties themselves.

Incorrect. If you think that's all I've done you need to read my posts a bit more thoroughly instead of just skimming them.

You claim to understand there are racists in every group, but you continue to insist these racial charges towards the tea parties are out of thin air.

Again, incorrect. There's a difference between an individual doing something and an entire group doing. An individual being racist doesn't make the group racist any more than one murderer in a crowd makes the entire crowd murderers. It's the broad brush again.

You cannot expect to accuse somebody or some group over something and expect not be accused back.

Ah, so two wrongs do make a right for you.

Which media outlet outright called the entire tea party movement racist?

Well now you're just playing dumb. Ever since Obama won the election anyone who didn't agree with him was accused of having racial reasons for not doing so. When the tea parties started, it got worse. Anyone who didn't live under a rock for the last two years has heard it from the media. No media outlet has ever issued a statement declaring anything that I can recall. Their representatives on the other hand did so frequently with no retractions ever made that I can remember.

No. Im saying that if the tea party intends to spend its time attacking other groups and people day in and day out, they should expect the same right back.

What, pray tell, were these attacks the tea party used to start it then? Did they all run around calling people the "N" word?

No, the tea parties made a big issue about it and decided to pull out the race card a year and half later after the case was investigated, concluded and closed already.

Because the advice of six people was over-ruled by one person and there are questions as to whether that one person mishandled the case. Not that difficult to understand really.

In other words, the decision not to pursue criminal charges was made by the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division prior to the Obama administration.

It has nothing to do with the Obama administration and everything to do with whether or not the Justice department mishandled the case.

Don't dish out what you can't take you know?

And again we see that two wrongs make a right.

You continue to whine to me

Actually, I haven't whined once. Shows a lot about your mindset though if you're dismissing my posts as whining.

about how the tea parties are unfairly attacked over racism, how the tea parties cannot defend themselves apparently, and yet we find that the tea parties assist in instigating many of these racial charges themselves.

Nope, nope, and nope.

"You're a racist!"
"No, I'm not."
"Quit bringing it up."

What I have said is that the entire group gets painted with the same broad brush for the actions of the few. I've said that there are some racists in the tea parties just like there are in the NAACP and in churches. I've said that they defend themselves instead of having lackeys like politicians do. And it's kind of hard for them to have instigated the accusations when they started as soon as word got out that there were going to be tea parties.

The OP thought that by showing a video of minority tea party protesters speaking on behalf and in defense of the tea parties, that this would somehow make the tea innocent of any of these racial charges when their actions in the past show other wise.

The tea parties as a whole are not racist. Individuals within them might be, but the movement as a whole is not. That's what the video showed, just as all the other videos have shown.

This forum is a prime example, it has a flood of anti-Obama threads largely supported by the members on this forum.

You mean just like this forum had a flood of anti-Bush threads while he was in office that were largely supported by the members of this forum. Right? Or are we ignoring that to pretend the forum is anti-Obama now?

Iv seen that most anti-tea party threads are overrun by tea party defenders.

No, I just write long posts.

It is of the opinion by many conservatives that it was mishandled, that does not equate to it actually having been so.

So since they're conservative it should be ignored?

The attack on this case itself in my opinion was yet another snipe attempt to this administration and supporting groups, not really about how the mishandling of court cases.

Again, nothing to do with the administration. Everything to do with the case. Just as all the other mishandled cases should be looked in to.

That is what I have been doing. Iv done it in other threads and posts accusing the entire tea party movement as racist, Iv done so in this thread insisting that the tea parties are innocent in instigating these racial charges.

No, what you've actually done is blame the entire mess on the tea parties in this particular thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Yup, you did. Then you compared it to the civil rights movement again so...

And you missed it again. I'll quote it.

They don't have to agree on the solution to agree on the problem and be considered a movement.

^See? That's what 5 times now?

You have to vote FOR someone.

I'm aware of that. But you're asking me who millions of people will vote for. I can't answer that question because I simply don't know.

Right so nothing then? There is no point to the Tea Party other than people needing to feel like they belong to some group then? If they are not going to vote in unison, you do realize how that will turn out, right? So what is the point of the Tea Party again?

Just as much as there was no point to the womens rights or civil rights movements. Just people joining a group that accomplished nothing right?

Yeah, keeping making those comparisons. If movements for civil rights and just voting every term are the same thing in your head, please keep it there. It is not working here.

I keep making them because you don't seem to understand what a movement is or how anything can be accomplished when every single person in it doesn't want the exact same solution.

No, you have done a masterful job of answering anything but my question and I honestly think it is because you know the answer. You can claim you gave me an answer all you like but the fact remains that none of the answers you gave me apply to my question.

Nope, you're just asking a question I can't give a definite answer to without lying. As I said I'm not a psychic.

Unless your answer is to tell me the Tea Party is a complete waste of time and energy and just getting people excited about being complacent?

Nope. No more than any other movement has been.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

...the Tea Party is just a bunch of people that will do nothing different, change nothing, and have no purpose.

Actually, we have already seen an impact from the Tea Parties.

Scott Brown (R) Massachusetts elected to the U.S. Senate, in January 2010, filling the seat vacated by the death of Ted Kennedy.

Democrats outnumber Republicans 3-to-1 in the state -- 37 percent of registered voters are Democrats, 12 percent are Republicans and 51 percent are unaffiliated. Obama won the state by 26 percentage points in the 2008 presidential election.
www.foxnews.com...

How about Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) Virginia and Gov. Chris Christie (R) New Jersey, both winning in formerly Democrat leaning States, in 2009.

Also, keep an eye on the Nevada Senate race, where incumbent Harry Reid (D) is in a very tight race for the seat he has held since 1986.

And, if you believe Obama was elected solely on the votes of Democrats, you are mistaken. Voters are split at about 35% Democrat and 32% Republican, supposedly.

The significant changes the Tea Parties will effect will be at the Congressional level. Its members are united in the idea of changing the status quo. You keep harping on which Presidential candidate the Tea Parties will support, but that is not the issue. It really comes down to how the candidates will change their platforms to reflect the influence of the Tea Parties.

If you will only open your eyes, the impact of the Tea Parties is evident.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

There are always some Tom-@ss black folk, always have been. Even in the days when they were the house-workers, they complained that the field-workers should be thankful and work harder.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Bottom line is, of course all of the Tea Party aren't racist. But it so happens that the cause originally intended has been perverted by some. It so happens that the racists in this country have found a way to incorporate Tea Party ideas into their own sick seeking.

Say I live in a complex with 99 other people. Ten percent of the residents there are gangsters and drug-dealers. Since it's known by thugs who think like that ten percent, that they can dwell in our complex and sell drugs, they begin to flock to our apartments. Unfortunately our complex will begin to be known as a thug haven.

This is what has happened to the Tea Party and is also happening to some minority organizations.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey, great story. Bravo. Aww man, I take back everything I said about those people in the video, now that you shared your big black guy saved us story.

Why you decided to share it considering I blatantly stated: "I don't care what you think." Also considering I never called you a racist. Or used the words White Devil. Or implied that the lady in the video was a white devil. I was stating that they "also had a light skinned black lady along with the black cowboy, the lady in the big hat, and the thug to cover all their bases." YOU turned it into I'm racist, this and that. Assuming that I thought she must be a white devil, or that I have a problem with light skinned black people, well that's what happens when you ad-lib your own opinions.

Mind you my post are, and have been about the video, YOUR post has been about you constantly defending the fact that you're not a racist. So if you have some deeply rooted issues you need to work out, then I suggest you do that. If calling me a racist makes you feel better, then hey whatever floats your boat buddy. Your personal attack on me continues to even further prove my point.

Sorry

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

it's your assumption that people who either are

--in the tea party or

--agree with any part of the tea party or

--defend any members of the tea party,

--are either racists or

--too stupid to realize that REAL black people (as you put it) will see it as a circus act,

--and further, we stupid people should not share this video with REAL black people because they may become violent over its obvious fakery.

that's some racist crap there if i ever heard it. it has more racism per square inch than anything i've read on ATS since the guy who said all white people are going to be justifably slaughtered world wide, the remnant enslaved and women everywhere, turned back into chattle.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Here is the jist of it so that this back and forth (although amusing) can maybe come to a stop with both of our points being understood.

When I first saw the video I was outraged, but as I began reading the replies my outrage became anger. I have in my years of researching different subjects, can now easily notice a "staged" conference. As I began reading replies I began to notice that many people were taking this seriously.

By me pointing out that myself being a black man, and have dealt with the racism that most only see in the movies, that this is not and will never be a representation of the black population.

As the statements that I have written above though sarcastic and, very, very true, I feel that there cannot be a consensus about either the so called black tea party movement, or racism, unless we can get to hear the voices of others, and not just a room full of rich black people, who are only standing because their wealth is at stake.

Both our opinions count in this matter, but as far as representation is concerned I think that I have the upper hand on this one.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I'm sorry but what has to happen here for there to be evidence? I mean the guy says he was spit on, and called the N word. What evidence would there be? A sworn statement from the guy who did it saying "yea I called him dat".

I don't really care but come on already.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

the premise of the social programs in the USA is to offer help to the impoverished of all races (although it's pretty tough to get if you're not considered a "minority"). it is not so that we can yell at the people who make enough money to pay the taxes (no matter what race) that support the social programs. i mean, that's like telling the guy who donates canned foods to a local food bank that it's unfair that he has cans of food to donate in the first place, whilst simultaneously eating the donated food! what kind of self-defeating bs is that?

on top of that is the fact the plight of minorities in this country, most specifically black people, has improved a hundred fold just in the last generation. the more their plight improves, the more their own people are bitchin' that some of them are managing to be successful and the more we see posts like yours, expecting us to believe that those black people who have money, should not consider themselves part of the black race -- they aren't REAL black people. that's racist dude, and you can't make it anything else but racist

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
And you missed it again. I'll quote it.
^See? That's what 5 times now?

Apparently you do not understand how English works. You can repeat something 100 times if you like, that does not explain it. Say it again if that makes you feel better though. Then compare it to civil rights again so I can then again ask how you come to that conclusion. If you like going around and around, great. Not for me.

I'm aware of that. But you're asking me who millions of people will vote for. I can't answer that question because I simply don't know.

No, I am asking you how they are a "movement" of any kind if all they are doing is voting the way they would have before they called themselves Tea Party members. How do you not see the issue here? If nothing new is happening, going to happen, has any chance of happening, then what is this movement again?

Just as much as there was no point to the womens rights or civil rights movements. Just people joining a group that accomplished nothing right?

Huh? You keep trying to compare the Tea Party to civil rights and I keep telling you it makes no sense, so you repeat it. How is that working out so far? Want to try a 6th time? Do I need to explain to you how that is so terribly wrong? You seem to not like repetition and find it annoying to have to do so so I must assume you read that last 3 times I pointed out the error there.

I keep making them because you don't seem to understand what a movement is or how anything can be accomplished when every single person in it doesn't want the exact same solution.

Oh but I do. Civil rights was about civil rights. There was one overall solution, one goal, one thing they were all fighting for. What is the Tea Party fighting for? Less government? Oh ok that narrows it down. Totally same thing.

Nope, you're just asking a question I can't give a definite answer to without lying. As I said I'm not a psychic.

Then you do not understand the question. You do not have to psychic to tell me how any group of people is both - diverse in political ideology- and - a movement of political persuasion. You just have to actually think it through for a moment. There is a reason none of you want to touch my question about the last election isn't there? It adds a touch of reality to your lofty ideals about the Tea Party being a movement of average Americans looking to solve common problems. It is just not true. You are going to either have to explain it to me or concede to the fact that the Tea Party is really just a bunch of Republicans pretending to speak for everyone, pretending to talk about removing government when they are really just looking to remove democrats.

Nope. No more than any other movement has been.

I cannot believe you work this hard to avoid actually thinking about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
this guy has money. is he not a black person? think REAL black people were mad that he made this song and made money off it? oh man there's a light skinned black woman in it.

i'm calling you on your position cause it reeks like the racist crap it is. when you say REAL black people will get mad if they see it, that insinuates the people are not REAL black people. so what are they? white people? you have a problem with white people? WELL HERE I AM!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
and yet another. >start sarcasm oh look, they are wearing different kinds of clothes. clearly a circus act. >end sarcasm

you started this BUDDY. the only safe thing to do at this point is to put me on ignore.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
major sarcasm incoming: oh the racism and circus acting in this video is rampant! look, they have different clothes on AND there are WHITE PEOPLE in the video who actually are enjoying the music. IT'S FREAKIN' STAGED BY WHITE PEOPLE TO MAKE REAL BLACK PEOPLE MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end major sarcasm

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Again, incorrect. There's a difference between an individual doing something and an entire group doing.

Yes. The tea parties accused the Obama administration and the NAACP of racism and racial bias for this case, the black panthers and NAACP made the charge back. It goes both ways.

Ah, so two wrongs do make a right for you.

Nope, I said both sides a wrong in the matter. I never justified the charges of racism at the core of the tea parties. What I did say was that if your going to shout and accuse other groups and individuals of all sorts of things, your going to get that right back regardless of whether I agree two wrong don't make a right.

The tea parties cannot expect to charge the Obama administration, the black panthers and the NAACP of racism and act all surprised when the NAACP and the Black panthers accuses the same same thing right back.

Well now you're just playing dumb. Ever since Obama won the election anyone

So which media outlet outright declared the tea parties racist? I did not get that.

What, pray tell, were these attacks the tea party used to start it then? Did they all run around calling people the "N" word?

No. They accused the the Obama administration the black panthers and the NAACP of racism and racial bias because the black panthers case was closed. The NAACP and the black panthers responded by accusing the tea parties of racism. This was not a matter of either side holding proof that anybody said something racial or did something raciall, or were racially biased. The accusation of racism was made by both sides.

Because the advice of six people was over-ruled by one person and there are questions

No its not difficult to understand. The opinions of 6 people does not mean the case was handled unfairly.

It has nothing to do with the Obama administration and everything to do with whether

The case was closed by the Bush administration, the courts so saw no reason to continue on with the case and found that there was insufficient evidence that any laws were broken or any voters intimidated.

The case was closed, those two individuals never made a difference to the people who went out voting that day.

And again we see that two wrongs make a right.

Yes you are right, two wrongs don't make a right. Unfortunately that clearly is not thinking of representitives of the tea parties and representitives of the NAACP and black panthers. regardless of whether I believe two wrongs don't make a right, if you were to go down the street and tell everybody that they were sinners, you will get the exact reaction from somebody. It has little to nothing to do with my belief that two wrongs don't make a right.

If I could control everybody by the mind, maybe you'd have a point?

Nope, nope, and nope.
"You're a racist!"
"No, I'm not."
"Quit bringing it up."

Yes,

Tea parties: you're a racist, Obama administration is racially bias.
Black panthers and NAACP: You're the real racists
Tea parties: Im being called a racist for absolutely no reason.

The tea parties as a whole are not racist.

Nope, but there were representitives speaking on behalf of the tea parties just as there were representitives speaking on behalf of the NAACP and the black panthers. Neither side had objected to what their representitives or leaders had said.

Again, nothing to do with the administration.

Yes it did apparently. The obama administrion was guilty of closing down the case and were motivated by racial bias. In the article you posted yourself it said this was a whites civil rights issue. The administration was accused for being racially motivated and the NAACP was accused of being racism hence the Sharrod video being brought up by rightwing media groups and the tea party groups.

No, what you've actually done is blame the entire mess on the tea parties

No, you choose not to listen. The tea parties are as guilty for these racial charges as the NAACP and the black panthers. You cannot bring yourself to admit this, you continue to complain about how unfair these racial charges are and you continue to defend. The fact is these tea parties decided to make the charge that this administration and the NAACP were racially motivated, the NAACP and the black panthers responded.

If the tea parties do not wish to be attacked, they should not attack other groups then. Pure and simple. If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illumin Not I
reply to post by undo

Here is the jist of it so that this back and forth (although amusing) can maybe come to a stop with both of our points being understood.

When I first saw the video I was outraged, but as I began reading the replies my outrage became anger. I have in my years of researching different subjects, can now easily notice a "staged" conference. As I began reading replies I began to notice that many people were taking this seriously.

By me pointing out that myself being a black man, and have dealt with the racism that most only see in the movies, that this is not and will never be a representation of the black population.

As the statements that I have written above though sarcastic and, very, very true, I feel that there cannot be a consensus about either the so called black tea party movement, or racism, unless we can get to hear the voices of others, and not just a room full of rich black people, who are only standing because their wealth is at stake.

Both our opinions count in this matter, but as far as representation is concerned I think that I have the upper hand on this one.

You are saying this is a "staged event"?

I asked earlier in the thread if anyone knew the second guy that talks because I had seen a couple of his many videos and he has a lot where he talks about the government and his opinions on the history and the present. As I said, I wasn't a full fan of some of his statements but he seems to get it. You make it sound as if old whitey just paid some guy off the street to pretend to be a black Tea Partier. Forgive me if that's not what you meant, but it seems like it.

I posted a list of other conservatives who were involved and it looked to have some information about future events.

I hope you don't get frustrated and give up on any wealthy Tea Partier you see. Who else are you gonna vote for?

While you talk about some guy's nice suit he wore for a press conference, you'll miss the rest of the politicians who are chilling in their mansions. Hell, I don't even care to continue this but I hope you get the point.

And sorry if the cowboy hats offend you, but I'm assuming they're in Texas, and it is what it is in Texas. Sucks that their message has been ignored so we can debate about the color of their skin.

With that, I think I'm out of this topic. 11 pages of race debate is 11 pages too many.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

nnnnnnooo, that's not his beef. his complaint is that they are RICH black people, who are really white people in disguise, trying to protect their money, so they joined the tea party to keep poor black people from getting their money. it's thinly veiled attempt at racism of the highest order, managing to marginalize most of the country in one fell swoop, based purely on race and/or financial status. it assumes the following:

1. that poor people are black only
2. that white people don't understand suffering and are never poor
3. that black people with money are not real black people
4. that all white people have money and are greedy s.o.bs
5. that any black person with money that would actually like to keep some of it, are not real black people because real black people would A) not have money in the first place and B) would naturally give it all away so that he has nothing left to help anyone else ever again including the people he was trying to help in the first place

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No, I am asking you how they are a "movement" of any kind if all they are doing is voting the way they would have before they called themselves Tea Party members. How do you not see the issue here? If nothing new is happening, going to happen, has any chance of happening, then what is this movement again?

We don't know that they will vote the same way they would have and/or did a few years ago. We won't know until the elections. Am I not speaking English here? I could have sworn I was, my browsers spellchecker says I am, but maybe not. Maybe I'm speaking Chinese and just don't realize it...

You keep trying to compare the Tea Party to civil rights and I keep telling you it makes no sense, so you repeat it.

Perhaps you should read about those movements. Then maybe you might understand the comparison I'm making. I guarantee you there were people just like you back then saying it was pointless and look what they accomplished. Go read up, and then get back to me if you still don't understand how movements work or how they manage to accomplish things without every single person wanting the exact same thing.

What is the Tea Party fighting for? Less government?

Smaller government, lower taxes, and the criminals sitting in office out. That's what most seem to agree on. You're making this more difficult than it is.

You are going to either have to explain it to me or concede to the fact that the Tea Party is really just a bunch of Republicans pretending to speak for everyone, pretending to talk about removing government when they are really just looking to remove democrats.

See, here's the thing. You don't get to tell me how I have to answer a question I've answered several times. If you want a different answer, ask a different question. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The party's over in November, and you can't stop us. We're going to the polls like nothing this country has ever seen. We're Independents, Republicans, Moderate Democrats, Libertarians, Federalists and None of the Above, and our voices WILL be heard. Read our common-sense American lips... WE REJECT LIBERAL SOCIALISM!
WHEN HALF OF US WORK AND HALF DON'T... BUT OUR INCOMES ARE NEARLY THE SAME. That is our definition of the Socialism most Americans firmly reject. Currently, 53% of us pay federal income tax and 47% pay nothing. That's an outrage.
Problem: Liberal Socialism
Solution: November 2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join