It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Southern Guardian

okay so what's your problem with it again? since we've 1) established that racism is everywhere, in all forms of politics,

My problem is that the tea parties continue bring up race as an issue or in a matter when its unnecessary. Yes race is an issue everywhere, as well as within the tea parties. Its just rather apparent that tea party members refuse to admit this fact.

2) that inciting racism is therefore everywhere in all forms of politics?

That is the conclusion by me and by yourself but not by most members here including the tea party members. The tea parties are inciting racial tension, outside groups are responding in the same manner. The OP and his fellow tea party members here insist no such thing is happening from the tea party side and by showing tea party protesters who happen to be black, this some how proves them clear of this, which is incorrect. The fact remains that the tea parties have a major role in inciting the racial accusations being hurled right back at them. Folks refuse to admit so.

why is it that the tea party should not be allowed the same leeway without being called a racist organization

The tea parties called the black panthers racist along with the NAACP, both groups responded right back by calling the tea parties racist. The tea parties then had a major part in bring about the Sharrod case as proof that the NAACP was racist, and they responded vice versa. The tea parties bring it upon themselves to be called all sorts of things, including being racist. If many of the tea party members who insist they are not racist wish to have these racism accusations stop, it would do them a great deal of favour to push their leaders and their fellow protesters to focus on relevant issues, instead of bringing up these irrelevant ones.

i'm not a tea partier,

You are not a tea partier, Bush was really a liberal, Glenn Beck does not really act like his reporting the news, birthers are not really birthers. Whatever rows your boat you know?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

did you watch that video linked in the thread earlier? you should watch the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

did you watch that video linked in the thread earlier? you should watch the whole thing.

I saw the video already.

The indivudals in the video spend their time insisting that this movement is not racist or has no racial influence, that them being black or hispanic is somehow evident of that fact. Whats new? It does not change my comments before.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

well, i'm not a tea partier.
no boat rowing necessary. i'm not a tea partier. all i did was watch this thing unfold and thought to myself...
oh i wonder if they are right, that there are no black people in the tea party and this is some wind up to a big racial civil war dealio. then, i saw black people in the tea party interviews and was relieved. then i thought about how the tea party if it remains slanted in the conservative side, may end up causing the moderates in both parties, to lose votes, particularly on the repub side. and then i thought, i wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

seriously, i don't even go out of my house. i'm a freakin' hermit due a long list of medical problems. not likely you'll find me in a walmart much less a protest rally or political function.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

you realize the tea partiers watch that stuff too, and they hear the guys on the news claiming there are no black people or hispanics or what have you, in it and it is therefore a racist organization. and if that weren't enough, janeane says repub women and tea partiers of minorities are all suffering from stockholm syndrome. you can't expect people to see that stuff on the news and not have a reaction of some kind to it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
oh i'm referring to this video, not the op video.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

that was great!

they handled themselves really well on the issues the reporters threw up.
i love seeing my brothers and sisters of all colors who just get it.
i'm a white dude who's worked in restaurants his whole life.
i fall victim to 'reverse racism' all the time. it breaks my heart.
i mean, i get it, but it sucks. i just want everybody to love one another
and do their part in making our time on this rock as awesome as possible.
it's sappy, i know, but it's true. this world of ours, this western culture, is
so broken. it's all these shards that are making the corporations so bloody
wealthy. instead of having a small, well tuned, machine of a federal government.
we're bloated and devoid of the types of great men that we had in the past.
i truly hope we can get back to a recognizable republic. i fear that the odds are slim
but i'm praying. i just want to get old fashioned. back to the way things use to be.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
What? You want a Mod to do something when someone doesn't agree with your ideologies?

Interesting.

Okay, if you want to go there, I'll follow.

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on AboveTopSecret.com. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

From the Terms and Conditions of ATS

Your altering of the phrase "Tea Party" is offensive and is, obviously, intended as an insult.

I'm just not one to leap to hitting the "Alert" button. I prefer members to self-edit. So, how about it? Would you care to remove your insult on your own? And, in case you didn't notice, i'm not the only one here who didn't care for it.

If they did not want to be called "Tea Baggers" then they should not have started out by wanting to be known as Tea Baggers. It is they who first coined it as the so called name of their movement so the idea that it is used as an insult from others only shows how hard they are trying to pretend they never made that mistake in the first place.

Enough with the whining! 'Teabaggers' actually introduced the term they now claim is a slur
source

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
eh, i think it's all part of the plan, part of the plan. guess what happens when conservatives don't vote for the conservative candidate? the far lefties and the far righties get more votes. so if you're a far lefty or a far righty, the tea party is your friend, inevitably. but that's okay, cause we are all pretty much convinced they are all working on the same goal anyway: world domination of democracy.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Seems as though the media is running scared. They're loosing control of one of their greatest tools "Divide and conquer"

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
It really quite an eye opening video and shows just how steeped in partisan politics our media is. Here these black Americans are trying to stand up for a truly equal society and they get hounded by left wing, DNC backed press over allegations that have absolutely no evidence to back them up! It astounds me that a white reporter would sit there and suggest that these people aren't legitimately black or are some kind of race traitors.

edit on 6-8-2010 by Hudson]

First and foremost I am going to post this link

Next, I am going to get straight to the point. Where exactly are the reporters harassing this group in the video? I watched the video a few times and I can't seem to spot the point where the reporters are harassing anyone, or saying they are not legitimately black.

I am black and I have been raised in a way manner where I don't have the "black" personality. I have first hand knowledge on comments stating that you are not truly black and they aren't in this video.

It actually bothers me that this group would stand by their political message and ignore the racist element within the tea party. They should focus less on denying the fact and more on getting rid of the problem.

In all honesty this video saddens me. Their argument is that if it can't be proven then it doesn't exist. Are they all lawyers? Is this a strictly legal issue for them?

Racism doesn't within our party, it's not documented, there are no recordings.

I'm losing faith. I know that the race issue will be solved in time; it's just heart breaking to know that there is a problem and I am powerless to help.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

if you've read the rest of the thread, you'll realize a few of us actually acknowledge there is racism everywhere, including in the tea party. the tea party isn't a racist group specifically, anymore than any other group and don't make me drag out the big guns on this one cause you know it's true.
there's no moral high ground on this topic.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Exactly, but like I have said in previous threads like this one, the leaders in the Tea Party movement need to recognize these racist elements and eliminate them from their political message. It seems like every thread on this topic attempts to dismiss the racist element or show that there are black people within the moment. This is equal to the, "I have black friends" statement.

This is a political message and they need to eliminate the racist element. The leaders of the Tea Party need to recognize the racist element of the group and alienate them from their group. It's not alright in today's world and needs to be addressed.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I watched the entire 10.56 mins of the video. Now you title states "Reporters Harass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Conference" but after watching the video I could find no proof of the reporters doing that. In the entire 10 mins only two questions were asked by two different reporters. So how exactly are you stating this is harassment? Where's the harassment in the video? Maybe I could not hear the video clearly so I guess you have sharp ears and can point out to me the alleged harassment in the video?

The audio was not so clear and I could only hear few words from the first question by the first reporter raising some issue about spitting on a congressman to which the Tea Party officials replied untill 5:15 in the video. Now mind you the reporter asked the question in the starting of video and ends the question in 22 seconds that means the tea party officials held the stage for next 4 mins. 53 seconds.

The second questions was asked exactly at 5:15 by the reporter asking the Tea Party officials of stating whether they have any specific policy over which they held the press conference. The reporter took exactly 22 seconds to ask that question from 5:15 to 5:37, after that the only spokesman were the tea party officials.

Were those two questions asked constitute to harassment or the 44 seconds spend by the reporters out of 10.56 secs constitute to harassment? Perhaps yo can explain how those two questions constitute to be harassment so we can take this further. Until now the title of the video is disingenuous in my view.

Secondly, how does Liberals figure in the discussion? By any means are you suggesting the reporters were liberal officials?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

for all we know, they could've been plants or just people who like a good protest or come with their own particular set of ideologies, which can be anything and everything. here's an example of how it's reported on the news (the camera's eye ...remember that for future reference... can make anything look good or bad or indifferent, especially when it can be edited afterwards, and so on)

note the reporter asks the guy a question and then doesn't let him answer it. then asks him another question, while some guy in the backdrop keeps interrupting him. the reporter then stops the interview, sums it up as a bunch of fox news people and cuts the camera. however, someone else was there with their own personal camera and filmed the reporter AFTER CNN had stopped filming, having a discussion with one of the tea partiers. the lady she was talking to said it was ALL of congress, democrats and republicans, that was the problem.

either CNN is clueless, or they deliberately wanted to be sure that any disagreement with the way things are being run is automatically right wing or left wing or crazy. you're not allowed to have an opinion on politics unless you toe one of those lines.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Not sure how many Tea Partiers there are now but it seems there are a lot.
That being said how many examples of Racism have any of us actually seen from them? Out of the few I know of some were plants by others trying to derail the party.
There is simply NO WAY to remove racism from this country UNTIL the government starts treating all citizens as equal. How can we remove something that is in our very laws?
Until we stop treating minorities like minorities, until we start treating them as equals there will be no end to racism. The very term "minority" implies inferiority.
Until programs like Affirmative Action are dealt with and we stop enabling people to believe they need these programs, Racism will live and grow strong.
It is time for us to break the spell many are under.
It is time for us to help people understand that as long as they see them selves as inferior they will be so.
It is time for us to pick our brothers and sisters up and help them realize that the government is not their friend, that it is actually the force that is holding them down
Racism is a very powerful tool and it is used with skill. Mostly by those who are screaming "RACISM"
#
Quadrivium

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Here, let me give you alittle hint to help your efforts in convincing the rest of us here

Do you live in some kind of alternate universe or a cave? Have you somehow missed the non-stop accusations of racism from the MSM? Its the left wing media that has been inciting racial divisions ever since Obama took office. Anyone who criticizes him is labeled a racist by the propaganda arm of the DNC.

So to my point, if tea party members are so insistent that race is of no issue within their movement, they do not need to bring it up time and time again,

Again, its the left and their media who constantly lob the charge. I'm not sure how responding to those charges is worse than the initial provocations by the media and Democrats. Again, if you like I can start posting tons of clips and make you look silly, if you want to keep playing these games.

From just last night:

Chris Matthews: Do Republicans Oppose Obama Because of His Race?

Chris Matthews on Friday actually asked a GOP Congressman if Republicans oppose President Obama because of his race.

On the 5PM installment of MSNBC's "Hardball," Matthews brought on Rep. Bob Inglis, the Congressman from South Carolina who easily lost his primary fight in June to Tea Party candidate Trey Gowdy and has been badmouthing his Party ever since.

Early in the conversation, Matthews asked, "What is it that`s gotten into your Party`s water supply, the Republican Party`s water supply, that makes them strangely hostile to the president, not just against his policies, but personally? Is it race?"

So when the Dmeocrats oppose black Republicans, its racist right?

reply to post by name pending

I watched the entire 10.56 mins of the video. Now you title states "Reporters Harass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Conference" but after watching the video I could find no proof of the reporters doing that.

Since when is it ok for so called journalists to attack people based on their skin color, or suggest they are race traitors? These "reporters" basically called these people uncle toms and suggested they were somehow working against the black race. That is harassment.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Maybe Tea Baggers shouldn't harass black congressmen and black liberals.

Karma is a bitch huh?

Again, you seem to be living in a fantasy that only exists in your head. no such thing ever happened.

Really, its this kind of crap that disturbs me. The way you guys go out of your way to live in completely manufactured world as a way to rationalize your own bigotry and hate.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by azguyblahblah

I reread my post and I see my error, will correct it

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join