It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failure to Obey in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The first video only showed the end, but it is obvious this guy was TRYING to make the police react. For all the cops know,this guy could of been dangerous, he was acting irrational and got what he deserved. Second, the protesters were protesting VIOLENTLY so they got what they asked for.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by primus81

How was he trying? By resisting the illegal search and not just go along with it? Or do you feel he was dangerous, sitting there in the car alone with his face in his hands?

I dont understand how your mind works when you support actions like this, but I will try to understand if you answer.

Do you support the police acting with force because they get angry? Maybe thats how you think?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

America today is under the worst form of anarchy. The cops says anything at all and you have to comply. That is total anarchy. Just make up rules as you go along. Worse than anarchy maybe. The judge says something... comply or go to jail. Does not matter what it is. I'm sorry, that is the worst form of anarchy... total chaos. Its completely unacceptable. I will do everything in my power to put a stop to this. I'd recommend people look into the Free State Project.

You have to comply with the laws, not comply with things a police officer makes up. I'll do exactly what the guy in the car was doing when it comes to that and then file a civil lawsuit. The police department will have to learn one way or another to become a civilized force.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If this teaches you anything... it is that you should carry a camcorder everywhere you go. If you get pulled over, put it on your dash and turn it on.

JT

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus81
The first video only showed the end, but it is obvious this guy was TRYING to make the police react. For all the cops know,this guy could of been dangerous, he was acting irrational and got what he deserved. Second, the protesters were protesting VIOLENTLY so they got what they asked for.

Lets ignore the protesters. There isn't much there in that video outside of a bunch of music, horses, and scary stormtrooper cops.

Lets focus on the gentleman.

Why would the cops think he is dangerous? Do you understand what "freedom" and "liberty" mean? What was their reason for removing him from his vehicle (and costing the taxpayer to repair his window)?

We have rights. His rights were ignored. The police did not exhibit a need to detain him, outside of his refusal to acquiesce his rights.

I do not say this to be inflammatory or insulting. However, your attitude is what is going to kill our nation. Willingly giving up your rights spits on the legacy of the men and women who have died for our country, died so that this man would not have to cede his freedom to travel unimpeded

He did nothing to create the confrontation. He did not flag down the police. All he wanted was for his rights to be observed, and he refused to obey unlawful orders. Perhaps it would have been more expedient to obey. But he should not feel a burden to obey if he so chooses not to.

Some things (like freedom and liberty) are worth standing up for. Thank God other people have agreed with me in the past, so that I can now have the opportunity to know and live in what should be a free nation.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I watched the OP's video, and immediately.... it reminded me of a conversation I had with a nice man from Jamaica.

He said that they over there, don't like to come here, because it is a "police state". He fears our police.

Hurt to hear that from someone foreign, honestly....

EDIT: Or was it "Military state" he called it.... He focused a lot on the power our military has over the people.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by LostNemesis]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Face it people, as hard as it is to accept, the COPS have become our ENEMY; they are the front line of the governmental powers that view you as either a milk cow for taxes or as a potential impediment to their plans.
Remember the next time you see one, the COPS have become the ENEMY of the people. They're not there to protect you, they're not there to help you; they're there to keep you in line, completely.

Note: no responses from paid cop bloggers trying to justify and normalize their colleagues' brutality toward the people.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So where are all the ATSers who think there is no way the AZ police could misuse the new "Papieren, bitte" immigration law?

Cops always go by the book and don't overstep their authority, right?

Then again...I guess if you're here illegally you deserve to get beaten and tazed...the Founders just forgot to put that in the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
So where are all the ATSers who think there is no way the AZ police could misuse the new "Papieren, bitte" immigration law?

Cops always go by the book and don't overstep their authority, right?

Then again...I guess if you're here illegally you deserve to get beaten and tazed...the Founders just forgot to put that in the Constitution.

No, i believe that our "inalienable rights" are meant to be given by our Creator, and not only relevant to US citizens. You are correct.

The problem is, do you just not even try to enforce your nations laws? I agree the cops are being allowed to run amock. It has always happened, to some degree. But the brutality we see today is just proof of what we have always known. Those waxing poetic about how good the old days were forget how many southern LEO's were members of the KKK and were part of criminal activities. Or how often crimes were covered up, especially when it came to race as a motivator.

I am not often for expanding police power. But in the case of how it pertains to our border security, that is a job that they should have been doing all along (it already is a federal law that is just not really enforced).

So what are we left with? Well, they NEED to enforce laws (because not all of humanity is ready to live like civilized people, apparently). But it is the laws that they are enforcing, and how they go about it that we take issue with.

The brutality is mind numbing. There is that fine line between when an officer gives an order, it needs to be listened to for public safety vs officers who give orders that should not be given in the first place, and public safety is in no way enhanced. An officer cannot very well allow someone to easily argue their way out of enforcement. But they should also be discerning enough to know when to not create the argument in the first place.

The only way to fix it is to reduce the law burden on society. For example, why are we letting child rapists out of prison? They should never get to leave. If we are crowded for space, let the potheads out. They won't often rape children (and if they do we would then have a bed for them). And why are prisons not made to be self sustaining via inmate labor (farming, textiles, etc)? But i digress.

The issue isn't that officers are being asked to enforce needed laws. The issue is that they are equipped with a weapon that is so huge, so powerful, that they are then able to leverage it against The People with impunity. This weapon is our various laws, which by "enforcing" allow officers to detain a citizen for just about any reason that they can concoct (and if there is no reason, we have proof that they will concoct it).

Reduce the amount of laws. Make the weapon used against us smaller, less harmful. That is about all we can ask for until humanity is ready to behave in a civilized manner with a little arm twisting.

Beyond that, things like removing any possibility of privacy from an on duty officers daily routine, and making it readily available for review, is the only other step that I can think of. We have to increase transparency and break that "Blue Line" mentality, by force if necessary.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Within a few years, as Mexico's drug gangs take control over large swaths of the United States... I imagine we will be wondering whether to help the police or the drug gangs? Then, we'll remember, Oh - wasn't that the officer that tazed that 6 year old?

Seems the Drug Lords are winning the Drug War. That should be a signal to the police to seriously start thinking about their long-term employment... especially as state and municipal budgets are dropping like rocks.

Everything balances out in the long-run.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No this is very bad advise. Aim center of the chest if they are not wearing protective armor, aim crotch and legs if they are, and then apply head shot. Here's some instruction on what can happen _despite_ a head shot. In the video the target received a shot in the face, but was still capable of not only wrestling with the attacker and shaking him off, but also managed to place about 6 rounds(!) into the car the attacker fled the scene with.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

I have a similiar story to yours... and much different than this story. I was pulled over one day.. at the time I drove a Yellow Sentra SE-R Spec-V, with probably 20% window tint. Its a sporty car if you know the kind I talk of, and I did have it lowered with carbon fiber hood and all the tuner kind of accessories.. but without stickers and stuff, just a clean looking track day import tuner. * which the police target*

I was going to this place in Nashville called American Battery. There is an intersection right before this place that I had to pass through which had a police officer in his vehicle waiting for the next person to harass. Well I get to American Battery which is 1 block away from said intersection, and its closed... on a Saturday at that.

So I turn around in the parking lot and pull off. As I'm pulling out of the parking lot I notice a cop behind me. I got maybe a half a mile down the road and sure enough the cop pulls me over. Two police officers get out of the vehicle.. one is a woman and the other is a man. The woman officer asks me for my Driver license, registration, and proof of insurance.. and I hand it over. She comes back with a tint box that tests the percent of window tint and tells me mine is illegal. The real reason was I was driving a car that looked like a younger person would drive. So i was profiled based on age in my opinion.. I was 25 at the time... hardly a teenage punk.

While sitting in the car I remember that when she checks my record that she will more than likely find a simple possession charge for marijuana that I had from about 7 years prior, so I know this is not going to be fun. Yes a simple and stupid marijuana charge that most 18 year olds get lucky and dont get.. well i had one.

So sure enough she comes back and asks me to step to the back of my vehicle where both the female and male officer are standing. She then proceeds to tell me about my previous charge and asks me if I still do that and if I have anything in the vehicle. I tell her " no i dont have anything in the car". She then says " well you wont mind if I check your car then right". I replied " as a matter of fact I do mind "

The look on both of these officers face was as if I just pulled my weiner out and waved it in their faces. They looked astonished.. well im sure no one ever tells them this since I pass by a vehicle almost everyday that the cops pull over with the trunk open and being searched. Anyway they go on and on about how I shouldnt have a reason if i didnt have anything , and I STAND my ground. NO you cannot search my vehicle... " thank you " . I also go on to tell them how horrible they treat people by basicly searching ever person they pull over. And go on to ask them how they think my grandmother would feel if she was passing by and I was getting searched with my hands on my head. FOR NO REASON. I also went on to tell her that I had been riding with friends and been searched and all that 1 hour long crap about 4 times in the last 2 months prior to this.

They tell me to get back into my car. And they get my buddy out, and he agrees to letting them search him and asks him if I have anything. He tell them no, not anything that he knows about.

So then I get this male cop coming to my window asking me why I wont let them search the car... and that it MUST mean that I have a gun under my seat. I laughed in his face when he said I must have a gun under my seat and then the woman cop proceeded to tell me to have a good day.

I believe that 90% of cops have decent intentions, and in my case I have ran into way more good cops than bad. I believe they are brainwashed and what is taught to them is whats really hurting us.

Im just happy that I won this small battle.

I also didnt even get a ticket for the tint.. or at all.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by waggz]

[edit on 2-8-2010 by waggz

[edit on 2-8-2010 by waggz]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

this is what i get for relaying a personal experience. don't worry, won't happen again.

yeah i thought it was pretty cowardly of him as well. seeing as he had the courage to beat up on a tiny woman. i guess he was a fine example of law enforcement.

this happened 20 years ago, not yesterday. oh, and swat guys can be pussies too. like i said it wasn't me, but the memory.

not that i owe you any explanation at all.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by gravykraken]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I watched the OP's video, and immediately.... it reminded me of a conversation I had with a nice man from Jamaica.

He said that they over there, don't like to come here, because it is a "police state". He fears our police.

Hurt to hear that from someone foreign, honestly....

EDIT: Or was it "Military state" he called it.... He focused a lot on the power our military has over the people.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by LostNemesis]

Admit it, there is no Jamaican guy.

That's what they all say.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS

Been following however for many years.

I came across this video and it made me think back to the pastor.

The Pastors ordeal was truly grotesque by the U.S Patrols.

Here is a glimpse of some English policing tactics by a Special Constable.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

These people are evil have no morals , SICKENING!!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus81

So standing up for your freedom is now called trying to make the police react?

He displayed no signs of aggression or violence, had committed no crimes (he would have been convicted in court if he had), yet it was justifiable to taser him?

For all the cops know any member of the public could be dangerous. Does this mean we should have checkpoints set up and random searches like Nazi Germany?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Azp420]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
i was recently banned at a survivalist board for "bashing police''
when it is obviously the police bashing us.. i tell you, i shared a drink with
abie hoffman once- so i'm from back in the day- don't go to these traps that are
so well planned for you..these showtime "riots " that are a huge psy-op for
the nwo. you see its not just here- look how toronto was a parade for them to manipulate for the media.- which tagged you as anachists/dirty commie hippies
or whatever..but i'm 55, maybe irrelevant..scared of 12 ga taser rds..i'm sure they
have a biometric scan done already ,shrug-but for really rioting look at greece.
These thugs are ex-military or have been militarized-some percentage on steroids.
they are armor plated and have extensive back-up. night vision snipers-infared in the chopper..they'll unleash sound ,light, laser, gas ,dogs, mounted troops,armored cars,
black-ops-cops, rubber bullets ,live rounds, tanks. they can and will. what do you think those camps are for? they are sick of wasting time and money to control you-
they have the tech now to dispose of you and thats the fughin plan stan.
we shove the poles in the holes.
if the world is in limbo how low can you go?
watch the spew of programming and be indoctorinated
ask you doctor if numbital is for you ,
so you dont foam at the mouth from being feed a steady ration of horse manure.
welcome to the new world order.

Well said my friend
your words are wise! I couldn't agree anymore, what's interesting is that I noticed this few years back and stunned how it still remains the same... even worse. I barely watch TV and when I do it's some mini series. I noticed as of few years ago, all the shows are all the SAME... Always GOOD vs. BAD ... and over 90% of the shows/movies are all about either Military or the authorization figures... Ambulance, Police, etc...

The point I'm trying to make is that this type of brainwashing has been going on very have as of last decade... this is not just the master and the slave, it's all about psychological warfare! If they can control your mind, they don't have to fight you. When this type of fear is constantly being played in our mind and around us we naturally tend to subconsciously fear these men in black.

Our culture dictate this type of mindset, yet it seems that there are the minorities which are immune. (Makes you wonder the same people are the ones that can't get hypnotized by a psychologist). Maybe this is why the call it "The Awakening". With all these mind programing I'm still hopeful a change will happen. It seems as if more pain is required to make the majority want to move from their cocoon, maybe it's slap in the face we all needed.
Burn out... rather then fade away!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Gandhi

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Cops should have answered his question. He had a right to know why he was being stopped and ordered out of his vehicle. We do not live in a "police state" but I fear that is where we are headed.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
# the cops, and the courts, and while I'm at it, # America. I will never again let a cop or judge or politician tell me what to do. # all of them

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Sorry, but this video is short of a mentally disabled kid swimming at the Ymca in terms of value.

Is that David Ickle? He's saying we are powerless. That is cool, I guess, if you like fear-mongers. You work hard within the system and you can change the system. The less you work, the less responsibility you hold, the less authority you can hold. You wanna whine about the system? Work with it and change it from within. At least attempt to understand the system you are changing and the repercussions it will hold. Whine if you want, that will get you nowhere.

How do you think Bill Gates got where he is? By whining, smoking weed, and saying to his buds, "mann, the governments bad.."? If so, you deserve to be tazed, bro. Get a grip.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join