It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failure to Obey in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julius Andan
The United States is one of the least free country in the world this day. If you want more freedom, go and live in countries that never make it to the news. Go to Scandinavia, or Switzerland.

Im from Scandinavia and maybe thats why Im reacting so strongly to this. We may have some corrupted judges that take payoffs from the record company mob such as in the Pirate Bay file sharing case, but we do not have police officers acting like this.

For example, every single time a police man uses his weapon there is a independent investigation into it, making sure it was the correct call. If there was any danger to the public, the police man is usually suspended. Police have no tazers and other nazi-stuff and they very rarely use their guns because its the last resort, only allowed to be used by law when there is life threatening danger to themselves or another person. Never ever at any other time.

The police here are serving the people. This video is horrible beyond words to watch.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quaght
While it was pretty extreme to use a taser on the guy, he was being a total jerk.

Because he was following his amendment rights of not allowing an illegal search? People like you seem to think its wrong to question authority and if people do, its fine if they get beaten. Thats insane.

Challenging the authority of the police is a sign of a healthy system because they work for you. You pay their salaries and they protect you if you are not a criminal. Dont you get it?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

S&F - Important info on the Police State we are dealing with today.

I followed the Pastor Anderson story as it transpired. This was proof that the Police State now exists. Cooperate with these thug pigs at your own demise and participate in the enslavement of your kids and grandkids.

Wake up America! I am 63 years old and remember when the policeman was a servant of the people, not a servant of TPTB. Resist the Police State now.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I am a slave.
I have no rights.
Sometimes I have a privilege to be NOT beaten up by my masters because I piss them off with my illusionary sense of freedom.
My children are slaves and their children will be slaves.
---
Evolution will eventually create the Perfect Slave. My grand, grand, grand, grand children will feel not only joy and happiness when being controlled, manipulated, exploited and treated like subspecies, but also feel elated when physically abused.
---
A dream of a Perfect Slave will be to be killed by torture by its master.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by FIFIGI]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there will be no State.
Vladimir Lenin

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

what great show of democracy

which idiot believes the united states is really a democracy

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
these examples are overt.

there are much more subtle everyday ways in which we are coerced to obey that could have severe repercussions for noncompliance.

what happens when we don't pay taxes? or decide to drop out of the 9-5 'rat race'? this can only be done at the risk of losing everything.

why is "getting off the grid" an uneasy task? because it flies in the face of "just play along".

if you don't like public schools, fine you can pay out the rear for private, or better yet home school and be under more scrutiny as an extremist of some sort. thinking about dropping out? might as well belay any future plans that do not involve minimum wage or life as a refugee.

we have to play our entire lives by someone else's rules, not just during traffic stops and tax season.

how many things are done as a matter of policy for which the public never signed up? how much of it is accepted and tolerated as "the way it is"? as much as can be ignored. and that is banked upon.

if your lifestyle strays from the accepted norm in any way, (not just gay) by traditional standards this can result in being ostracized by family, friends, peers... it may be difficult to find a decent job or build a career without fitting into certain preconceived archetypes.

you know... i remember a day when tasers were only used on like 300 lb. drunken anger management candidates and the occasional PCP berserker. we don't see the guy in this vid, but from the sound of it he is neither. it's gone from being a specific tool for a specific purpose and has become the default.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by gravykraken]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I just knew i should'nt have opened this for my first thread of the morning!
Now im all wound up. Ya know, i see a lot these kinds of videos, and hear random reports of police acting like mindless book programmed zombie THUGS and theres still people that defend them ALL. I am well aware a few decent officers exist. somewhere. But they are quickly becoming the minority and the nazi cops are the new majority taking over the whole police force. I know there are always circumstances, i know that we are in the age of having cameras on us every second of every day so we are merely catching more police knobheadedness than before, and i know that cops do have a job to do and they must protect themselves from violence towards them..but that isnt what i am seeing, nor hearing.. Police go through training for years (if im not mistaken here) to learn to restrain instead of tase, and get the upper hand of a struggling offender without beating them,and without abusing their power..
Like i said, im sure good, decent and real police officers are still around, but its few and far between. I wasnt born with a dislike of cops, THEY gave me that dislike. time and time again..

it also struck something in me to hear his cries from the Taser..but i bet officers like that get off on that extremely.
People like this should not be allowed a badge and sure as hell not a gun to go with it!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

"This is unacceptable. Is this freedom to you?"

Well, in order, no and yes. "Freedom" has certain obligations. Without knowing the context for this video clip, I can only presume that it's just another Michael Moore-type A-hole trying to set up a confrontation. If that is, in fact the case, this man is really lucky that he was stopped by that officer and not by me.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

What are those obligations that make the cops behavior correct? You say that you do even worse like you are proud of it. Do you feel that causing pain is something to be proud of? What made you that cold? You weren't born that way unless there is something wrong with your brain.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by takewithgrainofsalt

I was in Oakland (where they show the University of Pittsburgh) when the g20 was going on. Those police where walking THROUGH campus and harrasing STUDENTS. I was walking down the street to go to the original hotdog shop and you would have thought godzilla came outtta the mon! Students running down 5th Ave screaming, I had no idea what was going on until i seen a wall of police. Yes I know that there was Anarchist groups in town creating havic but leave the college kids alone.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken

one of them was going to murder his non-deserving a badge ass.

so the guy i'm looking for appears in the doorway looking no more than a fat steaming turd of the man he once was.

i hadn't thought about my appearance really, but i must of looked like death sucking on an onion patch because that s.o.b. went pale and jittery. a swat guy mind you. here i am about 16 at the time. long black trenchcoat, black combat boots, shaved head... you get the picture. i'm sure it wasn't me, but the memory of whatever doom he narrowly avoided.

Personally, I'd rather be tazed repeatedly then stand next to your demented self.

And, I seriously doubt a SWAT team member went pale and jittery in the face of a scrawny pimple faced 16 year old in a trench coat. I'd be willing to bet the only doom you showed that day was in your pants.

Hard to belive this is what passes as acceptable on this web site nowadays.

All I know is, wherever you all are from, must be again under going aresolized '___' experimants.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

taskforce4256

signature

The US government is not the world's welfare worker. The United States was never intended to be a "democracy", thank God.

This is absolutely correct! It's not a democracy, it's a republic, and always will be.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by Yosemite Sam]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx

what great show of democracy

which idiot believes the united states is really a democracy

Too many I'm afraid. We were once a Constitutional Republic until we got sold down the river by the Federal Reserve. People think the police are the problem, well who gives them their orders? Who is really in charge here? It's the private concerns (bankers) that give our government their marching orders, including law enforcement.
We cannot beat the Police State without great loss of life and limb. It would be easier (and more effective IMO) to go after the real source of our troubles in America.
END THE FED

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think we all come to the same conclusion, we have a serious problem. I'm not quite sure which is better, having a country with the police we have, or not having police at all.
I'm not sure how to fix this, but lets face it, we are sheep, and they are the herder. This may be a bit extreme but to fight fire, you need more fire. 90% of people agree to the motto "f the police". We have enough guns and small arms to, if we wanted, fight them back. If those people in the video all had ak-47s or even pistols, those cops would be in trouble. Think what would happen if a riot broke out with a cpl hundred people in-front of a gun store and they broke in and armed everybody. With proper coordination and planning, people could hold the cops off. Now imagine a large scale riot in several cities/towns, all in-front of gun stores, everyone equipped with radios to know whats going on and what to do, even with fake hostages to avoid being bombed or chemical weapons being used. Think of the message this would send to all Americans, "we are fighting the government and winning! you can too, join the cause!" Maybe that kind of event would be the start of a civil war, with the hope that the people would one day rule the country again. Obviously it is not as easy as it sounds, but those people that make the sacrifice would change our country for the better. More people have made sacrifices for lesser causes, we need to just point them in the right direction.

Idk how common it is but I think a very high majority of people have experienced a cop where they would argue what they did was wrong/abuse/unlawful.
I personally witnessed this, a cop came up to me and my group of friends, 1 friend the cops were looking for him for something he did earlier that i did not know about, he pulls up, stops in the middle of the street, runs out of the car yelling stop and not even 2 seconds later the tazer comes out and hes on the ground, he was not resisting at all, nor running, he pulls him off the ground then slams his face on his car, giving him a black and blue eye and bruising the side of his face, which in the end is more of a crime than what he committed in the first place!
Anyone can spend 2 seconds on the internet and find videos of police brutality, I cant watch them anymore because I just get so mad. Especially the ones when they are already arrested and in the station and they beat them there!

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Quasar_La-Zar]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256

"This is unacceptable. Is this freedom to you?"

Well, in order, no and yes. "Freedom" has certain obligations. Without knowing the context for this video clip, I can only presume that it's just another Michael Moore-type A-hole trying to set up a confrontation. If that is, in fact the case, this man is really lucky that he was stopped by that officer and not by me.

However, even the most mediocre amount of due diligence would tell you that the man in the video is a baptist minister, and that all charges were dropped.

It is all on the first page of the thread.

You have almost turned yourself inside out trying to champion the wrong side.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I couldn't agree with you more. We have to stop allowing them to focus our attention on all the distractions. The leaders are puppets too, but as public employees they are responsible for the fascism and legislation so its up to us to stalk and harass them, letters, bullhorns and kick them out.

The ones behind them, the international bankers and their subsidiaries have committed high treason and crimes against humanity, and we need to group up and charge them.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

This deserves a repeat, for as many times as it takes to sink in....

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
However, even the most mediocre amount of due diligence would tell you that the man in the video is a baptist minister, and that all charges were dropped.

It is all on the first page of the thread.

You have almost turned yourself inside out trying to champion the wrong side.

It was also pointed out, similarly, by "mercenary2007", scrolling up a bit...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
One time a couple of my friends came out of a restaraunt & were walking toward their car, when they got to it, a cop came out of nowhere and yelled at em both to get on the ground. One of my friends was a little more experienced with cops and he dropped onto the wet dirty parkinglot immediately. The other friend is thinkin "i didnt do anything, why should i ruin my nice clothes?" so he just said "why?" and the cop immediately shot him in the face with a taser. His clothes got ruined and now he has a spot on his cheek where whiskers will not grow, its all wierd & smooth and looks wierd if he goes a day or 2 without shavin cuz he has these 2 spots right next to eachother that stay bald. It turned out the cops were lookin for someone else... So you better be prepared at all times cuz you can be just walkin out in public, mindin your own damn business and one of these armed maniacs all hopped up on power & adrenaline can pop out of nowhere and start making ludicrous demands and if you even stop to think why you are bein treated this way, you will have weaponized lightning pumped through your body and possibly have your face mutilated, nevermind ruining whatever clothes you might be wearing...I guess shellin out a hundred bucks for new clothes would be the least of your worries when you are flopping around on the ground convulsing from the electrocuted barbs sticking into your face. But still, just that part gets me. Times are hard enough without getting your property destroyed in the name of "justice". This whole world is a JOKE, Man... and you are all gonna get beaten into submission too, and so will I. I truly believe we are at a turning point. Or maybe a reset point. However you wanna look at it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
I think this is why other countries are starting to hate america. People in other countries are throwing stones and molotov cocktails and dying in the streets and we have enough small arms to arm every military several times over and yet we do nothing but let it continue to get worse.

its not why they hate america...the world hates america for other reasons...this particular thread is why the world hates police.

unless you commit a crime they have no rights over you and you dont have to obey them.

untill the police stop getting away with this kind of behaviour they will never get respect....except from the elderly

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join