It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courageous Rep. Anthony Weiner slams Republicans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Well, more than 3/4's of that was tax cuts. Another was stimulus that WORKED and saved jobs.

(Reuters) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, California's Republican governor, defended Democratic President Barack Obama's stimulus plan on Sunday, saying 150,000 new jobs were created in his state thanks to the legislation.

The study concludes that the effects of the stimulus alone are "substantial, raising the GDP by about 2%, holding the unemployment rate about 11/2 percentage points lower, and adding almost 2.7 million jobs to U.S. payrolls,"

thecherrycreeknews.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here is my liberal issue. You guys won't give the President credit for anything. The only thing you give him some resemblance of credit is increasing troop strengths. The only reason you do that is because the GOP can't bail out on starting two illegal wars. There are not even wars. We never declared war against them. It's two illegal occupations that Bush and the puppet master Cheney started to line their pockes with blood money.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

If you need proof to support our side, I posted a list of online articles from reliable sources.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After I posted that long list, everyone seemed to have plainly dismissed the facts. Even though Bush may have spent a lot, Obama did end up tripling the deficit like you said. Obama is not the exception.

One of the articles is a pretty recent one, which talks about how the Democrats are worried about how Obama's spending will force the government to borrow $9 trillion over the next decade.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When it comes to confronting the truth, many-many of Obama's voters do not like facts. I personally do not know why. Some of the information in the post is generalized, so people can see what the whole mess looks like. Other parts of the post compare and contrast Bush's and Obama's spending.

Regardless about what side everyone is on, spending seems not to be a party exclusive policy. It just so happens that Obama is one of the largest spenders in American history.

Hopefully people will catch onto what you said, for you brought up a good point. Even though one person jumps off the bridge (Bush), that does not mean everyone else (Obama) should jump off a bigger bridge.

Personally, I don't have a clear party leaning. If a president feels right to me (Republican or Democrat), I will vote for him based upon his policies. If a president feels wrong to me (Republican or Democrat), I will vote for the other guy because I disagree with his policies.

Truthfully, I think the nationalization of health care will fall to hell. According to several sources, I have read over the week, Massachusetts' had to take funding from education, roads, police, firemen, and many other departments to pay for the statewide health care they have. If what I am hearing is to be confirmed, Obamacare will end up doing it on large scale in 2014. Our Chinese bankers have already asked, "How much will it cost us?"

Anthony Weiner is not courageous. He is trying to get more entitlement voters to show up in November.

Newsweek: Massachusetts Offers Preview of Obamacare

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
inforeal, that was an epic post!

Where were the "deficit hawks" when Bush turned a surplus into trillions of deficit?

Where were the constitutionalists when the Patriot Act passed to the detriment of our civil liberties?

Where was Gondor when the Westfold burned?

(okay got carried away with the last one...)

Who would have thought a post about AW's temper tantrum would turn in to a blaim Bush thread?

Oh wait, pretty much expected.

What's next, calling me a racist?

btw..... Courageous???? LMFAO....ok...

I can only imagine the reactions of progs if a republican has an outburst like this.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

From your OWN links you provided.

Next year's deficit would approach $1.2 trillion. But Obama proposes to cut that figure roughly in half by the end of his first term, in large part by levying nearly $1 trillion in new taxes over the next decade on the nation's highest earners, defined as families with gross income of more than $250,000 a year.

But the GOP doesn't want that. They want the top 1 or 2 percent to keep their money. Even though we KNOW the rich got richer, the middle class stayed the same, and the poor got poorer under Reagan and Bush.

We know this! It doesn't trickle down. It never has and it never will.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee

Get your "facts" straight. Obama has TRIPLED the deficit he "inherited" from Bush. You morons with Bush Derangement Syndrome really need to stop living in the past. Besides, 20 wrongs don't make a right.

Wow.

It would be really nice if you would get your "facts" straight:

Deficit in 2008 under Bush: 9,985.8 Billion undeflated.

Deficit in 2009 under Obama: 12,311.4 Billion undeflated.

Current deficit in 2010 under Obama (Q1): 13,203.1 Billion undeflated

United States Public Debt

Which is a 32.2% increase based on the most recently available statistics.

For the record, you are (rather humorously) claiming that the national deficit under Obama has increased 300% since Bush.

Seriously, where do you people get this stuff? Deficit tripled under Obama? Have you even bothered to look up the numbers or do you just like to repeat baseless claims you read on the internet?

I'm not saying Obama is doing anything good for the country, obviously his policies are failing to reduce the deficit. However exaggerating a 32% increase into "tripled" is completely disingenuous, and flat out incorrect.

And you have the gall to question another member's "facts"? Sometimes it doesn't surprise me that Republicans manage to get votes. You guys are living in your own little fantasy land.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

that was actually a response to the "blame Obama" post that preceded mine, in case you hadn't noticed. It was also to point out the hypocrisy of the GOP who have no problem spending even if it racks up huge deficits so long as it enriches them and their puppet masters. But spend money to compensate 9/11 first responders, who face serious health issues due to their actions from that day?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

While the editor in chief of “Forbes” magazine, Steve Forbes claims that the number of new billionaires in the world is a clear sign that the economies around the globe are recovering from their near-total collapse, the reality of the latest Forbes list actually shows something else. That is a continued distribution of wealth from the poor to the rich.

www.globalcrisisnews.com...=1453/

It doesn't trickle down!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Are people really this stupid? So the Republicans wanted this actually paid for and the pork out the bill so people are dumb enough to think that this is a slap against those who this is to benefit?
Cut the pork! And there are actually people here who actually believe that the Obama plan has saved us all from the coming collapse that is screaming down the road towards us? Again how stupid can people be?
I know like many here what is actually going on but my fears are verified every day, that people are too uninformed to make real or smart decisions. The US is doomed for what has been bred into peoples ideals….
Obama has said and promised so many things….but his supporters have gotten nothing but they still support him- why?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Tyr Sog

that was actually a response to the "blame Obama" post that preceded mine, in case you hadn't noticed. It was also to point out the hypocrisy of the GOP who have no problem spending even if it racks up huge deficits so long as it enriches them and their puppet masters. But spend money to compensate 9/11 first responders, who face serious health issues due to their actions from that day?

And they want to separate out TWO unfunded wars that Bush started. Roughly ALL of the debt is because of unfunded Medicare payments, unfunded wars and tax breaks for the wealthiest FEW in America. All created by Bush and his cronies.

A runaway train can't be stopped overnight. You have to gradually slow it down. That's what Obama wants to do. Bush and Cheney put a brick on the gas pedal of this runaway train while they jumped out of the caboose.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The title is what caught my eye.
Weiner slam republicans, so I thought why not the democrats too?
Relly though, nice rant on weiners part.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

Thanks I will check the book out

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Here is my liberal issue. You guys won't give the President credit for anything. The only thing you give him some resemblance of credit is increasing troop strengths. The only reason you do that is because the GOP can't bail out on starting two illegal wars. There are not even wars. We never declared war against them. It's two illegal occupations that Bush and the puppet master Cheney started to line their pockes with blood money.

Hmm... Last time I checked they were both legal. One war was provoked on 9/11/2010, and the other was provoked from 1990 through 2003.

When I comes to giving Obama credit for anything, I 'currently' do not see too many outstanding positives. Many of his policies and reforms are opposite of what our fellow U. S. Citizens currently want.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve8511
Are people really this stupid? So the Republicans wanted this actually paid for and the pork out the bill so people are dumb enough to think that this is a slap against those who this is to benefit?
Cut the pork! And there are actually people here who actually believe that the Obama plan has saved us all from the coming collapse that is screaming down the road towards us? Again how stupid can people be?
I know like many here what is actually going on but my fears are verified every day, that people are too uninformed to make real or smart decisions. The US is doomed for what has been bred into peoples ideals….
Obama has said and promised so many things….but his supporters have gotten nothing but they still support him- why?

He promised to save the economy - Check
He promised health care - Check
He promised financial reform - Check
He promised changing don't ask don't tell - Check
He promised credit card bill of rights - Check
He promised to expand loan programs for small businesses - Check

He promised many more things - Check
www.politifact.com...

Tell me again how he made all these promises he didn't keep. Just admit you guys won't give this man credit for anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This whole thing was over a procedural issue. Pure nonsense. Weiner is just creating clips for his Constituents.

Weiner yells so much, perhaps they could have a new reality show of just Weiner yelling at other people and refusing to let anyone else talk. Oh the high drama of it all
He has clearly had some Thespian experience. Do you suppose Weiner paid for the drinks after, or the person he was yelling at.

Oh well, good footage for Partisans who don't mind deceiving people with incomplete information to win. Neither side is against the Bill. That is all a lie.

Tomorrow it will be a Republican doing the same thing for the same reason. What a bunch of creeps.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
From NY reps. bicker over 9/11 responder bill's defeat

From Rep. King: "This is phony hypocrisy," he shot back. "They could pass the bill right now if they wanted to."

I'm starting to see into the GOP thinking process. This bill involved spending, even if it's to support 9/11 first responders. The GOP doesn't want to go on record having voted Yea for anything that involves spending. So they vote No. Doesn't matter who's lives are at stake, or the residual affects 9/11 has on NYC.

True the Dems could have forced this through, allowing the GOP to remain on record as not voting Yea on a bill that involved spending, but at some point the GOP will have to stand up and declare what they are for. They SHOULD be forced to vote to show who's side they truly are on, and this straight up-or-down vote gave them that chance, and they chickened out.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't see a heroic liberal... I see a liberal who does not want to debate the issue but would rather shout about if you don't vote the party line you are a confederate... That's the way it looks to me...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

When they 'project' Obama's tripping of the deficit, they are counting from the day he started to spend and up until he leaves (and beyond). It accumulates over a period of time; thus, the cost of all his spending will revolve and revolve and revolve. We will be feeling his first term spending spree more and more as time moves onward. Not to mention the interest. Woof.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Come Clean

Hmm... Last time I checked they were both legal. One war was provoked on 9/11/2010, and the other was provoked from 1990 through 2003.

When I comes to giving Obama credit for anything, I 'currently' do not see too many outstanding positives. Many of his policies and reforms are opposite of what our fellow U. S. Citizens currently want.

Point me to the declaration of war?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the exclusive power to declare war, in the following wording:

You guys claim to know the constitution but you really don't. The Congress declares war. But you come on here saying Obama is defiling the constitution even though Bush did it first.

Here's your chance to prove me wrong. Point me to ONE thing Obama has did that goes counter to the constitution. Not what you think he did but what has been proven by the Supreme Court of this land?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join