It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Courageous Rep. Anthony Weiner slams Republicans

page: 8
38
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
in all my years i have not seen a man -a politician- act /speak with such conviction.
i hold all others to his standard. real talk from a real heart.




posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Oh PS....You claim Irag attacked us so we went to war with them.

It's been PROVEN they didn't attack us. There were NO weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. That was the rallying cry. We were told we need to invaded to get rid of the WMD's. Not because they attacked us on 9/11.

How do you reconcile that in your brain housing group?



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

Point me to the declaration of war?



Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the exclusive power to declare war, in the following wording:


You guys claim to know the constitution but you really don't. The Congress declares war. But you come on here saying Obama is defiling the constitution even though Bush did it first.

Since you are asking two different questions, I will break them down into two separate parts.

March 8, 2002:
CNN Archives: Senate approves resolution backing war


A week after Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-South Dakota, caused a stir by questioning the direction of the war effort, the Senate unanimously passed the resolution, which the Democratic leader proposed and crafted.

"The Senate reaffirms that it stands united with the president in the ongoing effort to defeat terrorism," it states.

....

"On September 14th, we voted unanimously to send our troops into action against the perpetrators of the cowardly and heinous attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. That was our constitutional duty, and it is one that none of us takes lightly," Daschle said on the Senate floor .


October 11, 2002
CNN Archives: Senate approves Iraq war resolution


WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In a major victory for the White House, the Senate early Friday voted 77-23 to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N. resolutions.





[edit on 30-7-2010 by Section31]



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31
 


This is the problem I have with the GOP supporters. They love to take things out of context. That is not a declaration of war. That's a vote to fund illegal wars. A declaration of war is different than a budget request.



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by astrogolf
 



You may not have noticed, but the "progressives", or as you know them, marxists, have spent us into a state of immenent collapse.


You got it all wrong, that would be BUSH and the GOP that spent us into near collapse. Remember: Clinton (surplus) - Bush (record deficits).

TARP, to the tune of a 700 billion bailout to the greedy bankers that started the financial collapse? That was Bush, too.

Sorry, but it was the GOP under Bush that drove this country into financial ruin, and left us with two unfounded wars.


God liberals are #ing retarded. Obongo spent more in 100 days than bush did during all 8 #ing years, including a national disaster and 2 wars.

The excuse "bush did it so we should get to to!" is just the epitome of retarded childishness. Literally retarded. There isn't any other way to describe it. If you ever had the thought that "bush did it so I we should get to to!" then you are #ing retarded. Literally retarded.

If you remember conservatives were just as #ing upset at the retarded tarp and the subsequent bailouts that trolled right on in even when half of #ing tarp hadn't been spent.

There's no money to be dicking around with anymore. You can't blame the past forever. Grow the # up and start trying to fix the country instead of destroying it. This "courageous" congressman is nothing more than a #ing retard who needs to wake up and smell the devastation he and Obongo have wreaked.

# thread, not S&F with all my heart.



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
reply to post by Section31
 


This is the problem I have with the GOP supporters. They love to take things out of context. That is not a declaration of war. That's a vote to fund illegal wars. A declaration of war is different than a budget request.

Okay, I am going to stop right here. After I saw your post, I went back and expanded on the article quote. Can you read what it says in bold, please?

What you have done here was refuse to acknowledge 'facts'. Instead of reading those articles completely, you immediately responded to both of the article's titles.

You jumped to an immediate conclusion without reading.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Section31]



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Not surprised this bill did not make it the 9/11 rescue workers are no longer valuable to the GOP and Democrats are trying to woo them now although I think even the dems will be with the republicans in trying to kill them off or deny thier existance just like the MIA/POW's in Vietnam.



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Come Clean
Here is my liberal issue. You guys won't give the President credit for anything. The only thing you give him some resemblance of credit is increasing troop strengths. The only reason you do that is because the GOP can't bail out on starting two illegal wars. There are not even wars. We never declared war against them. It's two illegal occupations that Bush and the puppet master Cheney started to line their pockes with blood money.

Hmm... Last time I checked they were both legal. One war was provoked on 9/11/2010, and the other was provoked from 1990 through 2003.

When I comes to giving Obama credit for anything, I 'currently' do not see too many outstanding positives. Many of his policies and reforms are opposite of what our fellow U. S. Citizens currently want.


Point me to the declaration of war?



Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the exclusive power to declare war, in the following wording:


You guys claim to know the constitution but you really don't. The Congress declares war. But you come on here saying Obama is defiling the constitution even though Bush did it first.


Here's your chance to prove me wrong. Point me to ONE thing Obama has did that goes counter to the constitution. Not what you think he did but what has been proven by the Supreme Court of this land?


Forcing all Americans to purchase health insurance is not a power granted the Federal government in the constitution. Thats one.

And your progressive third grade justification for Obama's continuation of the Bush regime is even more ridiculous than your support of it.

Do you even realize that your counterpoints are the EXACT same as Rush Limbaugh's were 4 years ago?

I shouldn't be surprised. The Left never was anti-war. Neither have they ever been pro civil liberties. All progressives are good at is reducing societies to rubble, and when the people get pissed at them for it they say, "So what, Bush did it first".

Well.... I guess that makes it ok then.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by aravoth]



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How about the more recent one. Obama told a group of lawbreakers (illegals) that it was okay to break federal immigration law. I think that is an impeachable offense in of itself.



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Meaningless blabber!

That is whart I hear in this thread. People would rather throw barbs and blame for our nations demise at the Dems/liberals or the Reps/conservatives, than face the truth.

Truth is, the nation is falling into ruin because you all are doing what the owners of this country want you to do...Emerse yourselves in wars against each other over blame whille the banksters steal you blind.

No hope for the blind. Continue your arguments. All is lost.




posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Another smokescreen of "righteous anger" to distract us from the party that ruined the country. Shame on you for defending this scumbag.



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 



Right. Bush got the ball rolling for sure:


But Obama knows how to dribble.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My God I can't believe this thread is still going on. Do some research on Weiner, the guys a 'Showman' and does this crap all the time. The real basis behind this 'act' was to try and discredit Republicans because he knows the Democrats are losing their asses this Fall, they know they will lose the majority in the House and possibly the Senate. He's nothing more than the "Court Jester" of the House and regarded as a Joke by those in the beltway. He was on Hilary's staff as her hatchet man when she was in the Senate. There was some cell phone video of him somewhere taken in a Bar where he was bragging about leaking false info to Fox News hoping they would run with it.



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by Come Clean

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Come Clean
Here is my liberal issue. You guys won't give the President credit for anything. The only thing you give him some resemblance of credit is increasing troop strengths. The only reason you do that is because the GOP can't bail out on starting two illegal wars. There are not even wars. We never declared war against them. It's two illegal occupations that Bush and the puppet master Cheney started to line their pockes with blood money.

Hmm... Last time I checked they were both legal. One war was provoked on 9/11/2010, and the other was provoked from 1990 through 2003.

When I comes to giving Obama credit for anything, I 'currently' do not see too many outstanding positives. Many of his policies and reforms are opposite of what our fellow U. S. Citizens currently want.


Point me to the declaration of war?



Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the exclusive power to declare war, in the following wording:


You guys claim to know the constitution but you really don't. The Congress declares war. But you come on here saying Obama is defiling the constitution even though Bush did it first.


Here's your chance to prove me wrong. Point me to ONE thing Obama has did that goes counter to the constitution. Not what you think he did but what has been proven by the Supreme Court of this land?


Forcing all Americans to purchase health insurance is not a power granted the Federal government in the constitution. Thats one.

And your progressive third grade justification for Obama's continuation of the Bush regime is even more ridiculous than your support of it.

Do you even realize that your counterpoints are the EXACT same as Rush Limbaugh's were 4 years ago?

I shouldn't be surprised. The Left never was anti-war. Neither have they ever been pro civil liberties. All progressives are good at is reducing societies to rubble, and when the people get pissed at them for it they say, "So what, Bush did it first".

Well.... I guess that makes it ok then.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by aravoth]


I will not yield to the distinguished gentleman! I don't see any robes on you. Tell me, are you one of the justices of the supreme court?

Not one thing has been proven that Obama has done anything unconstitutional. And you know that! But you come on here saying he is defiling the constitution.

WHERE? Where has it been proven by the Supreme Court of this Land that he has defiled any parts of the constitution.

The only person I know is Gov. Brewer. She defiled the constitution for VOTES. And a federal judge shot her wrinkled butt down.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Come Clean]



posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I love how you people are pointing fingers between Republicans and Democrats. The reality is that both of these parties have hosed this country. And it's the sheep voters who are too afraid to vote 3rd party that are directly responsible. Bush didn't secure the border. Obama isn't securing the border. Bush 1.0 was President when Iraq first started. Clinton continued it. Bush 2.0 continued it. Obama is continuing it. Muslim terrorists (Osama Bin Laden) attacked the WTC in 1993. Nothing was done. He did it again in 2001, and he's still running around. 3 presidents have been in office since he first attacked, and he's still free. I smell a rat, and the rat is on both sides.



posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I love how you people are pointing fingers between Republicans and Democrats. The reality is that both of these parties have hosed this country. And it's the sheep voters who are too afraid to vote 3rd party that are directly responsible. Bush didn't secure the border. Obama isn't securing the border. Bush 1.0 was President when Iraq first started. Clinton continued it. Bush 2.0 continued it. Obama is continuing it. Muslim terrorists (Osama Bin Laden) attacked the WTC in 1993. Nothing was done. He did it again in 2001, and he's still running around. 3 presidents have been in office since he first attacked, and he's still free. I smell a rat, and the rat is on both sides.


This I can tolerate. What I can't tolerate is the lies that are being spread around. Obama has NEVER violated the constitution. The only person I know recently to violate the constitution was Gov. Brewer. She squatted on that piece of paper and defiled it.

Yet, they come on here claiming to die for old Connie except when it doesn't go their way.



posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Obama has NEVER violated the constitution.


So ah...whats your favorite Kool-Aid these days...lol



posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
How about the more recent one. Obama told a group of lawbreakers (illegals) that it was okay to break federal immigration law. I think that is an impeachable offense in of itself.


Link please!

Oh yeah, why are the rethugblicans silent on Rangel? Are they not giving him the green light to break laws? Isn't that impeachable also?

Even McCain said last year he was no longer doing the people's business.

Why isn't that impeachable?



posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

Originally posted by Come Clean
Obama has NEVER violated the constitution.


So ah...whats your favorite Kool-Aid these days...lol


I don't like Kool aid. I like Truth Serum.



posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Nevermind. i think we are getting a little off topic, so I deleted my post as an act of good faith.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Section31]



new topics

top topics



 
38
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join