It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courageous Rep. Anthony Weiner slams Republicans

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Hmm... well i honestly don't see what your point is... do you consider Denmark a thirdworldcountry ?. We've been having high taxes for decades in this country to provide us with proper unions handling the rights of EVERY worker in EVERY layer if he wished to join the union, "free" healthcare, "statepayed" infrastructure, a free schoolservice (even for university, you can ofcourse pay to go to a private institution if you want, but they aren't really that much better than public since they exchange teachers), and a securitynet for the not so fortunate so they also have money to get by.

Even though we've been paying high taxes the average family in Denmark is what would be considered middle to uppermiddleclass due to the international classpartiotionings funnily enough, that isn't really what i call third world.

The reason our economy has started worsening is that when Anders Fogh was elected as prime minister he lowered our taxes and started taking funding from the unions so they had to raise their entryfees for the regularworker, i guess you can see what that led to. And when your ressecion hit the rest of the world it started toppling down on us here (not so bad fortunately, but they still aren't sure if we have worse to come) because the states reserve had nearly gone empty due to the lower taxes, the lower taxes also meant that the public healthcaresystem wen't down i don't know how many grades because of less money to fund their projects, money paid by the working people of Denmark, which was instead given to private hospitals that should fund themselves. Our schoolsystem have worsened with teachers getting fired more often due to the schools not being able to pay the teachers, and if they can't do that, how should they be capable of affording new books and renovation ?.

We've tried the american model overhere for long enough now i think, it it also seems to be the general consencus of the people at the moment, maybe you should also try a new model ?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

omg...just came in to post that!!!

They actually covered this in an amazing way, explaining all the bonehead moves.

I think I give up too. This is unconscionable. Insanity.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Jon Stewarts not giving up, otherwise he wouldn't of done the bit.

Its just a shame he doesn't put them on youtube, fair enough though.

Everyone... WATCH THAT CLIP ^^^^

But yeah Lucidity - I'm an Australian and it brought tears to my eyes.

[edit on 5/8/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by damwel

I know this may be hard to comprehend, but big corporations employ a lot of people.

Therefore taking money from them means they can employ less people.

Hence, it will cost jobs.

Democrats on the other hand think they know how to create jobs better than the private sector, therefore they claim that taking money from major corporations and spending it on "green jobs" or whatever other government program strikes their fancy will "create jobs".

Of course, this is utterly ridiculous since to create jobs they must first destroy jobs by taking from the productive private sector of the economy.

Yeah, tell this to the workers who are dying to bring us microwave popcorn and others who work for low wages with little benefits in hazardous jobs.
To the GOP people dying in these largely unregulated professions are simply unfortunate collateral damage.
The factory must go on, grinding our bones in the gears.
Blood dries, bones break and wear out.
Gears last forever. Where are you gonna put your money?
People... or cogs in wheels?
Another perspective...sad but typical and telling as well...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
congressman weiner good acting on his part...

it is a fact that all politicans make their livings on making you think something they are not.

this guy motives are clear: self serving and feeding the hatred.

im not going into the partisan left right bckering theres already been to much of it.

he said
she said
they said
they did
they didnt
etc blah blah...

in the end all of this nothing is getting accomplished.

after reading through this entire thread i see that there is really no hope for any american living in this country.

congressman weiner is giving you exactly what you want feeding your hatred and anger just to keep his job......and control you.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by neo96]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join