It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courageous Rep. Anthony Weiner slams Republicans

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I love Anthony Weiner. At first I thought he was a little geeky but the more I hear him speak... I have grown a great respect for him.
Thanks for posting because I did not catch it in it's entirety on FOX News.
Now, Is it me or does Peter King even look demonic with those devilish brows and hateful expression?

On the FOX News coverage of this debate they blocked out Anthony Weiners voice and only played what Peter King was saying.

I would like to know if anyone catches the so called "liberal" media blocking out Peter King and only letting viewers hear the words of Anthony Weiner.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

On the FOX News coverage of this debate they blocked out Anthony Weiners voice and only played what Peter King was saying.

Fox News has a hard time showing videos without editing them, truncating them, or simply taking them out of context. Their propaganda tactics, not responsible journalism.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

How very strange FoxNews would do that. Is there a video?

Wonder if "demonic looking" influences any voters

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by damwel

I know this may be hard to comprehend, but big corporations employ a lot of people.

Therefore taking money from them means they can employ less people.

Hence, it will cost jobs.

Democrats on the other hand think they know how to create jobs better than the private sector, therefore they claim that taking money from major corporations and spending it on "green jobs" or whatever other government program strikes their fancy will "create jobs".

Of course, this is utterly ridiculous since to create jobs they must first destroy jobs by taking from the productive private sector of the economy.

My friend, I always enjoy your posts - and rarely disagree - but on this one possibly we have a slightly divergent view, although your stance on the following is not clearly defined.

I completely agree with you that taxing business is destructive, and that a healthy economy requires capital - and that should mean wealthy individuals or businesses.

The point that we may (or may not) have divergent views on is as follows;

Corporations are not a natural part of the business landscape - they are unnatural and freakish - they are protected by laws that paradoxically should break them up.

It is in nobodies interest to continue to escalate the concentration of financial and political power into the board rooms of these abominations.

My point of view is course an ideological one, and in practice, for the short term - money is far better left in the private sector than taxed into government coffers to allow them to divert it into special interests controlled by those same corporations.

Personally, I think land tax and transaction tax are the only two economically viable forms of taxation. Transaction taxes deter speculation, buying and selling something does not add value - therefore it should be taxed - and land should be held to be put into productive use, therefore it can be taxed - though exempting residential properties that the owner actually lives in would be reasonable.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
With reference to the OP - this guy just seems to be having a tantrum to direct blame to the other party, where it can clearly be seen they intended the bill to fail anyhow.

This is just pure politics - you set up something that looks good and wholesome for the people, fill it full of nasty crap - and a political procedure whereby you are sure it cannot be passed - then you yell, and shout at the people who you knew had to vote against it.

He might seem like he is passionate, but these guys are basically professional liars.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I admire the passion in speaking in front of congress...This guy is playing politics though...

Where was everyone when Boehner got up and handed all the democrats their ass about not reading the stimulous bill? The problem here is that the GOP had some opportunity to read the bill. When the democrats make this bill to save all of our lives they also dont account for how much itll cost and whos going to pay for it. They also write in things that are either illegal or wasteful.

We cant afford medicare and social security as it is...what makes you think that we can afford to give everyone in the US medicare???

When everyone works for the government, who pays the government???

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Agreed.

And it might be, no it is, a moot point anyway in today's economy when our top 500 corporations are holding onto a record $877 billion (low estimate) to $1.8 trillion (high estimate)

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
This shouldnt even be an issue.

These people need all the proper healthcare that they need.

I am appauled that the republicans said no to this.

There is absolutely no reason at all

Like I said earlier, these republicans better get their heads out of their asses real fast.

This does not look good on them, at all.

yes...there is a reason...the republicans don't care about the middle class or the poor class...how many times do you have to here it from there own words...they only care about the rich and wealthy
they are very clear on this...and yet people are still asking the same dumb question over and over, "why are they doing this?"...IT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ORDINARY PEOPLE!!!!!

what is wrong with people, they make stuff up about liberals and Obama...but, you won't even believe what comes out of republicans mouths! they don't care about you! only the wealthy and powerful!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

For every source of a republican saying the things you accuse im sure i cant find 5 democrats that have said similair or worse.

The democrats we have today are not cut from the same cloth as JFK/andrew jackson the ones that call themselves democrats now are after some strange upperhand agenda to force their will on people and to limit liberties.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by astrogolf

You may not have noticed, but the "progressives", or as you know them, marxists, have spent us into a state of immenent collapse.

You got it all wrong, that would be BUSH and the GOP that spent us into near collapse. Remember: Clinton (surplus) - Bush (record deficits).

TARP, to the tune of a 700 billion bailout to the greedy bankers that started the financial collapse? That was Bush, too.

Sorry, but it was the GOP under Bush that drove this country into financial ruin, and left us with two unfounded wars.

WOW, are you serious..? Of course you are. This is the standard "come back" from most Libs.

Listen, try to do some research. I'll splain without getting too detailed...Simply put, The "Clinton Surplus" (rolling eyes) was due to the Republicans taking power. Clinton had no choice but to pretty much abandon his adgenda and move to the middle. He reaped the rewards (and took credit) of the work and direction that the Republicans took us in the 90's

Of course during Bush we had record deficits because mostly of the wars. Right or wrong, there ya go. Now then....the progressives realy started to have their way in both partys during the Bush years....and when the Dems won their control..the money REALY started flying....Now the Progressives are large and in charge,,,,see where that is taking us...Bush's record deficits are NOT the records anymore. Understand?

Please, please, please....learn about what realy happened in the last 4 administrations and your eyes will be open. Ignorance defeated.

Now then, read the first response to the OP..then read it again, after that, read it again....as many times as it takes till your cleansed.

Fact is, we got some serious house cleaning to do. Just about everyone has to go. When we get some integrity in both partys, then all this polarized thought process will start to go away.

Have a great day.

Common sense, check into it.

As for the courageous Weiner??? PLEASE!! the dude is one of the biggest morons in DC. One of the best laughs I ever got was when O'Reilly got after him on the Healthcare mandate...Weiner got so flustered he couldnt talk. What an idiot this guy is.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Daytomann]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Fox News has a hard time showing videos without editing them, truncating them, or simply taking them out of context. Their propaganda tactics, not responsible journalism.

Did it ever occur to either of you that perhaps FOXNEWS did all of us a REAL service by exclusively hearing King's words during the blow-out?

I mean, I can find Weiner's tantrum everywhere. In seconds.

You should be thankful as a free American that we have FOXNEWS today.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Common Good
This shouldnt even be an issue.

These people need all the proper healthcare that they need.

I am appauled that the republicans said no to this.

There is absolutely no reason at all

Like I said earlier, these republicans better get their heads out of their asses real fast.

This does not look good on them, at all.

yes...there is a reason...the republicans don't care about the middle class or the poor class...how many times do you have to here it from there own words...they only care about the rich and wealthy
they are very clear on this...and yet people are still asking the same dumb question over and over, "why are they doing this?"...IT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ORDINARY PEOPLE!!!!!

what is wrong with people, they make stuff up about liberals and Obama...but, you won't even believe what comes out of republicans mouths! they don't care about you! only the wealthy and powerful!

Thanks for the laughs!

Maybe your idea of 'ordinary' people is skewed? I don't know.

Who do you consider 'rich and wealthy'>

What number is it that it's okay for the government to take 85% of it?

The people in here with the biggest anti-republican mouths probably don't pay ANY taxes or are in the lowest bracket.

That's okay....but how about I tell you that ...for a single person....anything over $24K, you will have to pay the government 85% of it?

Would you still be motivated?

I can "read" your tirades about bloated government spending and calling for a REDUCTION in entitlements. LOL!

What the hell do they teach you in schools today?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just checking back on this thread, and I still cant believe that people are continuing on blaming ONE party over the other.

BOTH parties were playing dirty politics, that much is certain.

Both parties are currently acting like fools and doing EVERYTHING the people DONT want.

But Im sorry to interupt the bs partisan debate of "which party is #1 charade."

You can continue now.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Amagnon

And it might be, no it is, a moot point anyway in today's economy when our top 500 corporations are holding onto a record $877 billion (low estimate) to $1.8 trillion (high estimate)

When you think about investors holding back money, keep in mind that the administration has done nothing but promote class warfare. Since the Democrats and Obama have introduced some very-very questionable reforms, investors see them as an anti-corporation administration.

Some interesting related links:

Washington Post:: Democratic campaign committees losing big Wall Street donors

The drop in support comes from many of the same bankers, hedge fund executives and financial services chief executives who are most upset about the financial regulatory reform bill that House Democrats passed last week with almost no Republican support. The Senate expects to take up the measure this month.

CNBC: Double-Dip? Doesn't Matter, As Investors Are Still Scared

You never bite the hand that feeds you.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
WOW! That boy has lost it.

What I cannot understand is why would they want to block care for the 9/11 first responce team?

Be safe

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't know. 'Courageous Representative' is pretty much an oxymoron. I'm really having a difficult time envisioning anyone in Washington showing courage. You know, 'Courageous Senator.' Or 'Courageous Presient.' Naw. Just doesn't jive.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I wish he was my Congressman, he would get my vote for sure. He is standing up for the people in his District and all 9/11 Rescue workers who are dying from the materials in their lungs. The Republicans don't want them to receive guaranteed Healthcare because they say it will hurt jobs.

These people risked their lives to save thousands of innocent Americans from a terrorist attack or a government massacre on its' own citizens and the Republicans said JUST DIE!!

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Misoir]

As a New Yorker who lives in Queens and the district Wiener represents trust me when I say YOU DO NOT WANT HIM AS YOUR CONGRESSMAN!!

He is a part of the problem in Washington and every time I wrote to him either to audit the fed or not pass the stimulus bills he has done the opposite.The man is bought and owned by Goldman Sachs

The sad thing is the idiots in NYC will probably make him mayor!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutch Frost

When I wrote my Congressman(R-John Mica, FL-7) about supporting the Public Option he wrote me back and told me I was wrong and I should look more into it!

That is no business of a Congressman to tell their constituents whether they are right or wrong, they should listen to their constituents concerns and vote accordingly.

MICA IS A SLIMEBALL.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am a registered voter, but I have never declared a party affiliation. ( I seriously resent the expectation that I should have “all of these views” or “all of those views.”) I split tickets all the time, I’ve voted for presidents on both sides of the aisle, and yes, some of my votes have been a vote against rather than for.

In hearing this, I’m sure some people would like to take away my voter card, but in my defense, I’ve always tried to vote on the actual issues and the actual candidate as an individual. There was a time when that wasn’t such a bad idea – maybe even a good idea – when there was still a middle ground, when one-half of the nation wasn’t “(explicit) retarded,” and the other half wasn’t made up of “(explicit) morons,” when the effort to bring down one side didn’t annihilate the effort to build up a united whole.

Republicans have been behaving like spoiled, vicious, vindictive bullies, and democrats continue to fill their spines with jello and do nothing – they don’t defend themselves; they don’t defend the people they represent. So regardless of who, what, how is reflected in the video, I have to say it’s a teeny bit refreshing to see a democrat show some “passion.” Even if it’s “just an act” – at least it’s acting.

But this makes me realize something very disappointing about myself. I’m no longer focused on the issues either. I’m waiting and watching for the explosion that will inevitably result from this extreme polarity. We all know it – we’ve seen it before. You don’t come back from this kind of division and hatred without a profound climax to clear the air.

I’m new to ATS. After spending some time visiting some of the other forums, my husband said “Oh no, I’ve lost you to the conspiracy theorists now.” I actually bragged about the level of intellect, academia and professionalism, the “no-nonsense” conduct rules, etc., etc. I had not yet explored any political threads - civil decision on the net ceased some time ago, but I was hopeful political discussion in here would be different – still “spicy,” of course, but devoid of close-mindedness, rhetoric, attacks and insults. I guess it was naive to think it would anything other than a reflection of what has become its very nature.

I sure most readers skipped right over this post, but for those of you who stuck through it, thanks for listening. Maybe there will be a Party of Reason someday – THAT I would drink to.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Dutch Frost

When I wrote my Congressman(R-John Mica, FL-7) about supporting the Public Option he wrote me back and told me I was wrong and I should look more into it!

That is no business of a Congressman to tell their constituents whether they are right or wrong, they should listen to their constituents concerns and vote accordingly.

MICA IS A SLIMEBALL.

I had the same thing happen with Congressman (R) Tom Rooney district 16, in Florida. I wrote a long letter telling my concerns, and he responded by saying thanks for supporting him in his fight against the health care bill and how we all have to get together to block it.
Lunatic, I had been trying to support the bill....not him.
I resent the same letter and said how did you arrive at the conclusion I am against the health care bill from this letter?
He apologized but I still get messages telling me to "stand with them to fight Nancy Pelosi" and if these messages were sent in person I would have to tell this slimeball....Get the F off my porch.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join