It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courageous Rep. Anthony Weiner slams Republicans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by Erasurehead
This is more poltical grandstanding by Weiner. He should be directing his anger towards his fellow Democrats that voted against the bill.

Except that all the Dems voted for it.

Read the thread. Or even the posts above yours.
Take your head out of your A*& before spouting BS.

Not all the Dems voted for it. You tool!!!

Democrats
243-Yea 4-Nay 7-Abstain

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
inforeal, that was an epic post!

Where were the "deficit hawks" when Bush turned a surplus into trillions of deficit?

Where were the constitutionalists when the Patriot Act passed to the detriment of our civil liberties?

Where was Gondor when the Westfold burned?

(okay got carried away with the last one...)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Where were the "deficit hawks" when Bush turned a surplus into trillions of deficit?

This cuts both ways you know? Where are the deficit hawks that were around during the Bush admin?

Where were the constitutionalists when the Patriot Act passed to the detriment of our civil liberties?

Again, where are they now that Obama fights to keep Bush's policies? They seem to have disappeared. What happened to all the MSM outrage and protests in the streets?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Unfortunately until a true national party arises that serves the ordinary people as much as the rich are served [ something sometimes done by democrats, though never done by republicans] we have to take the lesser of two evils—the democrats over the inhuman republicans who shamelessly support ONLY THE RICH.

I wonder how people could be deceived always to love the rich and vote against their own interest by voting for any republican under any circumstances because they always will only put their energy in helping rich people.

Unless all these republican backers here are rich, then I understand their rhetoric . . . it has some logic.

But I doubt if that’s the case. It is a strange phenomenon only in America where lower and middle class people are so duped that they go out and vote against their own economic interest and go out and vote for a republican.

Only in America

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There are many Democrats who are COMPLETELY in the tank for corporations...you may know them as BLUE DOG DEMOCRATS.

The Republican party is a total joke. They are disgusting. And they will win seats in November. More guaranteed CORPORATE VOTES.

At least there are some Dems who side with the AMERICAN PEOPLE....cripes....the Republican party is garbage.

Deficit war Spending? HELL YES say the Republicans.

Corporate tax cuts? HELL YES say the Republicans.

Any help for the middle class? F U say the Republicans.

Corporations are flooding the CHAMBER OF COMMERCE with cash who are using it to flood our country with Corporate bought Republicans.

THIS IS WHAT IS COMING OUR WAY.

This is what some of you wanted....NOW YOU GET YOUR WISH.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What does said bill have in it?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Yep. Hasty statement and acknowledged on the last page. Head removed...if you would do the same we might have a conversation

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

This is what I could come up with when it comes to such, to pay for the cost, an estimated 7.4 billion, they want to have legislation that would prevent foreign multination coporations that are incorporated in the us from using different countries as a tax havens to get out of paying income earned in the US.

So while the ideal is noble in its nature, and even the correct thing to do, but to turn around and use it to where it would be a tax increase on businesses is just not the correct way to go. Had the bill turned around and stated that we are going to set up a fund of 7.4 billion, to be fast tracked through the congress, that would pay for the cost of medical treatment for those who gave so much on 9/11, without anything else on it, I believe it would have passed hands down, with no argument on either side.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Links to the bill on prior page.

the bill has no Amendments or pork...thus the 2/3rds vote requirement.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Another point to consider is the hypocrisy of said party who won’t aid the heroes of 911.

They are the same bigots who loudly scream against the building of a mosque near groundzero.

It is their intelligence and ethics that are groundzero!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by astrogolf

You may not have noticed, but the "progressives", or as you know them, marxists, have spent us into a state of immenent collapse.

You got it all wrong, that would be BUSH and the GOP that spent us into near collapse. Remember: Clinton (surplus) - Bush (record deficits).

TARP, to the tune of a 700 billion bailout to the greedy bankers that started the financial collapse? That was Bush, too.

Sorry, but it was the GOP under Bush that drove this country into financial ruin, and left us with two unfounded wars.

CONGRESS CONTROLS THE OUTFLOW OF MONEY IN THIS COUNTRY! I don't know how much clearer I can make this. Did you ever take a civics or a government class? The President(EXECUTIVE) is a figurehead and at best comes up with a preliminary budget, the legislative branch (CONGRESS)comes up with their own budget, they vote on which one is better and that's the one we are stuck with. Congress approves plans for the mint to print more money. The President cannot declare war without the legislative branches approval (he gets a 6 month window for a police action) but ultimately the blame rests on the shoulders of our Congress. Schlubs love to blame the previous or even the current administration for all of the problems we are in but in reality it's Congress's fault. Oh and you want to take a guess on who has been in control for the last 4 years in Congress? I'll let you stew on that.

Sure it's easy to point the figure at one single person for the woes of the nation, but in reality it we need 500 more fingers to point... and if we REALLY want to get down to brass tacks as V put it so succinctly " if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror"

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Yep. Hasty statement and acknowledged on the last page. Head removed...if you would do the same we might have a conversation

Fair enough. Please accept my apology for calling you a tool.
It is appalling that this bill didn't pass. Republicans are just voting to block anything the Dems try to pass. I don't always agree with them but this is one time I do agree and this should have passed.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Keep letting them divide you.

Politics is like a scratch-n-sniff sticker, no matter how you scratch it, it still smells the same, crappy.

The RePUNKlicans and the DemoRATS are all trying to divide you sheep.

The Green party and the Tea Party are not any different.

Our whole entire political system needs an enema!

Bush had Iraq, the economy and Katrina. Obama has Afghanistan, the economy and the Gulf of Mexico. What in the hell is the difference between the two? Obama takes more vacations in the middle of serious issues, and Bush was always on mental vacation!

Come on people. So the very brave 9/11 heroes are now in the same boat as the very brave Military veterans. Those of us who fall into those two categories are getting shafted on a regular basis. Clinton screwed the military by cutting benefits, Bush screwed the military by sending us to stupid places, and Obama is screwing us by keeping us in Bush's loser Afghan battle.

Want to fix the border and increase Homeland security? Bring home every soldier in Afghanistan and deploy them here in the states at our airports (which Obama CAN NOT protect) and at our borders (which no side has thus far been able to protect).

But nooooooo. Let's sit around and say that the DemoRATS are the only ones that care on the planet and that their own crap does not stink, or that RePUNKlicans are the only ones that care about fiscal spending and that there own crap does not stink.

Oh well, keep on being herded by your own Party Leaders.

Anyone here ever read 1984, or Animal Farm? Stop being controlled and...

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And just how many times are we the taxpayer supposed to compensate the 911 victims/workers?

usgovinfo.about.com...

A study released by the RAND Corporation shows that victims of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks — both individuals killed or seriously injured and individuals and businesses impacted by the strikes — have received at least $38.1 billion in compensation, with insurance companies and the federal government providing more than 90 percent of the payments.

Among individuals killed or seriously injured, emergency responders and their families have received more than civilians and their families who suffered similar economic losses. On average, first responders have received about $1.1 million more per person than civilians with similar economic loss.

# Emergency responders killed or injured received a total of $1.9 billion, with most of that coming from the government. Payments averaged about $1.1 million more per person than for civilians with similar economic losses, with most of the higher amount due to payments from charities.

I say no more money. They have already been compensated enough.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Where was Gondor when the Westfold burned?

(okay got carried away with the last one...)

I am so tired of the "where were they when" BS... Where the #&^@ WERE YOU?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Another point to consider is the hypocrisy of said party who won’t aid the heroes of 911. They are the same bigots who loudly scream against the building of a mosque near groundzero.

Excellent point. A few years ago, I would have considered myself a Republican. My whole family, everyone I knew were Republican/Conservative.

Quite frankly, it's become pretty damn apparent that THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT THE MIDDLE CLASS or welfare of this country!

It's all about the transnational corporations for them.....TO HELL WITH SMALL BUSINESSES AND THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!

I HATE THEM. I really have grown to hate them. Scum. I'll never vote for a Republican again.

Damn, I wish the American people would wake from their slumber and realize how we are all being sold out.

Apparently, it has to get much worse before that happens.

Everyday I listen to the radio, all I hear are advertisements for Republican candidates....THAT'S IT. All backed by the Chamber of Commerce which is completely in the tank for TRANSNATIONAL CORPORATIONS.

This country is in a sad state.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

I was out voting, what more can a lowly citizen do? By asking where were "they" I'm primarily referring to the outspoken, vocal few, the FOX talking heads, the loudest critics of Obama's every move, even when those PALE in comparison to the crap Bush forced on America. How did Bush get his way? By declaring anyone UN-American who opposed him, you were either "with us" or "against us".

Claiming it's all Dems fault since they took back congress in 06 is BS, since they alone, with no support from the GOP can't undo all the damage caused by Bush. And don't think I'm trying to absolve Dems from all blame, crooks exist in both parties (sayanora Rangle!), but all this current outrage SHOULD HAVE ERUPTED WHEN BUSH was in office.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Thanks for that.

Here are the 12 GOP that voted Yes...issues aside..whatever their broader politics....they didn't follow thier parties marching orders blindly and for that reason alone I tip my hat to them. If we truly want an end to party politics we need to acknowledge moments when people stand up to thier own party.

Yea LA-2 Cao, Anh [R]
Yea PA-15 Dent, Charles [R]
Yea NJ-11 Frelinghuysen, Rodney [R]
Yea NC-3 Jones, Walter [R]
Yea NY-3 King, Peter [R]
Yea IL-10 Kirk, Mark [R]
Yea NJ-7 Lance, Leonard [R]
Yea NJ-2 LoBiondo, Frank [R]
Yea MI-10 Miller, Candice [R]
Yea PA-18 Murphy, Tim [R]
Yea NJ-4 Smith, Christopher [R]
Yea AK-0 Young, Donald [R]

Of note...one of the 4 Dems that voted against it? Melissa Bean, my representitive...I have met the woman before and chatted with her...and hell will freeze over before I ever vote for her and will be advising everyone I know of her vote.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yea LA-2 Cao, Anh [R] Yea PA-15 Dent, Charles [R] Yea NJ-11 Frelinghuysen, Rodney [R] Yea NC-3 Jones, Walter [R] Yea NY-3 King, Peter [R] Yea IL-10 Kirk, Mark [R] Yea NJ-7 Lance, Leonard [R] Yea NJ-2 LoBiondo, Frank [R] Yea MI-10 Miller, Candice [R] Yea PA-18 Murphy, Tim [R] Yea NJ-4 Smith, Christopher [R] Yea AK-0 Young, Donald [R]

You're right (although most of those are from blue states). Good for them....but when the majority of the party craps on HEROES....it completely overshadows it.

If they don't want to be apart of it, then they should their outrage against this craziness.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well seriously you may like what he had to say, but the manner in which he said it is completely ridiculous. I have never seen anyone appear intelligent while they are screaming and yelling, ever, and not only did Wiener do this on the floor, he continued outside on camera with faux news. I believe that the reaon the repubs backed out of this bill is brecause the dems never propose ANY bill that doesn't contain earmarks and porkulous spending. (Remember NObamas promise to eliminate pork)
I would like to see this bill as it is written....I bet there is alot more in there than just healthcare for first responders.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join