It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Man

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This story is amazing and...well, very believable compared to others. But, I have to ask, how did you find ATS?

I always doubt people's stories just for the fact that they are on this site. Sorta dumb, but kinda smart. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Interesting account, I have long suspected these are in fact "Remote Viewers" from back in the days of the Montauk Project or other non disclosed projects/individuals training and the fact you see them regularly in the same spot probably indicates an event happens there at some point in time and they are shifting through the days/weeks trying to find that event.

Its possible that even though it appears the place has a haunting for years it possibly just the one remote view attempt....I envisage it like someone under hypnosis with the controller saying "Ok move forward 1 week..what do you see ? now who else has come to work in this Vineyard" ?.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I don't know why. But from the way you have that illustration and the way people describe the way this entity acts or whatever. I keep getting reminded of the "G-Man" from the video-game "Half-Life".

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

You know what? I have no idea how I found ATS. All I know is that I stumbled across it last year, and it's become my home.

Thanks for all the replies, and will be snapping some more pics tomorrow. Will update then.

Cheers
Shane

[edit on 4/8/10 by shamus78]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have to say that Shadow People are just one of those things that you really have to see to believe in. I've stated my experiences before and was called crazy on several occasions.

I don't think the one I saw (throughout my childhood) was wearing a hat though.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Myself and the "Hat Man" go way back. I've had encounters with him since early childhood until fairly recently, usually with the terror component you mentioned in your later post. The way I've dealt with the terror was a bit more direct than what I described. I usually lash out at the figure, either causing it to flee or dissolve in front of me.

I can say I've never seen him in the daylight, though. All of my encounters were at night, not always when I was going to bed but usually. I've never actually been harmed by the entity but he sure knows how to give a good scare.

One feeling that I've felt when this figure was around was a sense that he wanted me to go with him somewhere but that actually doing so would be a very bad idea.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by soontide
Myself and the "Hat Man" go way back. I've had encounters with him since early childhood until fairly recently, usually with the terror component you mentioned in your later post. The way I've dealt with the terror was a bit more direct than what I described. I usually lash out at the figure, either causing it to flee or dissolve in front of me.

I can say I've never seen him in the daylight, though. All of my encounters were at night, not always when I was going to bed but usually. I've never actually been harmed by the entity but he sure knows how to give a good scare.

One feeling that I've felt when this figure was around was a sense that he wanted me to go with him somewhere but that actually doing so would be a very bad idea.

I can totally relate to everything you said here ... and as I'd mentioned in the 'Hat Man' thread ... this entity is the only supernatural 'being' that as ever, genuinely freaked me out.

And it was my youngest son who had the terrors ... and described the Hat Man when I used to eventually calm him and ask him what/who he'd seen.

As my son grew-up (he's now 19yrs old) he said that the Hat Man would try to get him to go with him ... but even as a child he knew that was not a good idea.

I remember when I found that Hat Man thread, that I was stunned ... I had no idea that this entity got around so much ... and from the sounds of things he' still going strong.

But you're correct ... I have never heard of anyone actually being harmed by him or because of him ... but he can certainly instill a sense of terror in people. It's a very interesting phenomenon.

Nice avatar BTW

Woody

[edit on 5-8-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I concur with Shamus78 and was one of the members on Chat when this 2nd terrifying event [OL was remotely sensing it... wasn't fun! ] happened.

I too feel the overwhelming oppressivenes of this 2nd entity and IT is not same as the 1st entity who in my opinion would actually help you combat this malevolent Masonic entity!

The 1st entity IMO is either a Bunyip and or an Aboriginal Dreamtimer! Your property has a clear river and other water sites... thats sacred dreaming mate! He's a rainbow serpent authorized protector of THE land... I'd let him do his job as he'd be the expert but I'm sure if you follow his directions that he'd enjoy your company and your help! Mobs... they are all about being mates!

But this 2nd entity...well just posting about it gives me the worst creeps ever... It's my new worst nightmare! The total distorting and twisting of something that was once sacred and then letting it loose upon ourselves!
It's like a completely perverted version of myself! Not just my balancing opposite..something more..something evil..something that hates us... just because it can! I'm so going to enjoy trying to love that spite to death!

I'm Coming for you Mr. Hat Shadow Man! I'm going to hug and kiss you until you like it! :p
Take my blood 1st. OL is a Miller in more than just naming titles OK!

A subset of ancient masonic traditions are the Millers! They build farms and feed everybody! The scarecrow was an important part of this subsets traditions and yes majix was involved... sometimes requiring the Millers own blood to corporealy complete the rituals! Once this was turned outwards and the blood of the innocents was required as payment... well thats when it clearly became perverted and lethally dangerous!

Some amongst you may have heard of the Golem. The scarecrow is but another version of this type of animated majix

Personal Disclosure: Having some personal problems of my own with the daemon noted above and will post more when I've tackled and wrestled it outa my head, because at the moment I'm quite aware I might manifest... and I choose to manifest from love... not fear! Its fear that feeds it and I'm going to bearhug that loser with love until it starves to death!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've seen this entity twice. Once on a early Easter morning around 4am. A tall jet black dude in an all black suit walking up the street. His outline was well defined but I still couldn't make out his face or details even when he passed under a street light.

Also a friend of ours died in a house fire and a year later I saw a jet black being similar to what has been described except it's form resembled our friend that passed. The form looked totally solid and was kneeled down in my room one night in a prayer position. I was half sleep, I quickly went back to sleep hoping it would just go away.

It's comforting to know that others have seen this now I know I'm not crazy

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Teeky]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
This story is amazing and...well, very believable compared to others. But, I have to ask, how did you find ATS?

I always doubt people's stories just for the fact that they are on this site. Sorta dumb, but kinda smart. lol

I believe the story whole heartedly.

I had a VERY similar experience myself with this black hat man.

I have seen shadow people since I was a child, and was frightened by them a few times but for the most part thought they seemed playful or curious.

This hat man truly is a different entity. The last time I witnessed him I was laying in bed and had my window wide open so I could gaze up at the stars and the moon while I waited to fall asleep. I saw the shadow of a man walk past my window. Of course i thought it was just my eyes playing tricks, or simply my father taking out the trash or something. The thing proceeded to walk back and forth several times until I finally sat up in bed and screamed for my parents. It stopped mid stride, looked at me and gave me the most chilling feeling I have ever felt in my life. it was an evil looking guy with an old style hat, dressed all in black. It had an evil smile like it received great pleasure in seeing my distress. My dad ran in and the thing materialized.

I told people about this experience for years and no one believed me. It wasnt until recently I started doing internet searches regarding what I saw that I realized I wasnt alone, and my research eventually brought me to this site.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hat Man, Black Man, The Shadow People, I have and experiance to this, maybe the same guy or the same species. I don't get a non-threatening feeling from him there was a very distict "dark" feel.

It started when I was a child broad daylight too my mom said it was around Noon when I came inside and was crying and excited all at the same time. She said I was almost 3 when it happend and remembers it well she sent my dad and my three uncles out to look for the creep. But the story was I was playing out in the front yard after lunch and there was a guy leaning against one of the trees out front and from the story I told her, I was talking to this guy in all black, black boots, black birthday pants (what I called dress pants), black shirt and a long black coat. He had a wide brimmed cowboy hat type thing kind of like what Clint Eastwood wears in his cowboy movies but a bit wider then that that it covered his face in dark thick shadow. Told my mom he was faceless but he could still talk. I guess he was called a watcher and that there is four differnt jobs in his tribe and he was intrested in me because of my grand ma (another story but I saw my dads dead mom decribed her to a T even knew what clothes she was baried in. we would talk when mom and dad wouldnt let me get out of my crib she taught me how to crawl out of it). But she said what ever he said to me after that mad my scared enough to cry but excited enough to tell her the story but she said I never told her what he said.

I've seen him or one like it through out my life day or night. This time this was mostly out of the corner of my eye or I would be going one way and the guy would be going the other of I would be going down a cross section of isles and he would follow me ( even though it always looked like he stood in the same place I've never seen one walk). It stopped for a bit from 14-20. Then started up again from 21-24 this man had a more darker feel more sinister and would only show up at night and always seemed to make the place get a bit darker around him. I'm almost 27 havent seen him since I was 24 I was a night janitor and I saw him standing in a corner and had two other people with him they were alot smaller and skinnier and looked smokey while he had definate shape I got mad and threw somthing telling him to eather do whatever he wanted or leave me alone.

Two of my friends also described this man to me saying they've seen them ask kids and knew there was four differnt types and the first guy was a watcher. The only differance is they didn't talk to their guy and it happened at night.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey my man, i cant give you any info about this thing, what or who is all guesswork to me. The only thing i can help you with is this: If you fell the Terror, imediatly imagine yourself giving whatever it is a hug like its a friend. I mean if you have to close your eyes, even if you see the scariest worst faces you could imagine, just imagine giving them a hug.

Use it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
All I know is that after seeing the Hat Man the night before easter when I was 3 or 4, and at least two other incidences of someone or some thing at my window while younger, I could not walk past windows at night that did not have curtains on them until I was in my late 20s. It was THAT terrifying. The feeling of terror is one I will not forget.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

But you're correct ... I have never heard of anyone actually being harmed by him or because of him ... but he can certainly instill a sense of terror in people. It's a very interesting phenomenon.

Well I have! When I was 19 I remember going to sleep in my bed(room was totally dark) and as soon as I laid down this Shadow thing came and jumped on my chest and started to pressure it down. While it was doing that I was totally frozen and couldn't move. I was awake but couldn't move. I somehow could see it face in the dark as it pushed my chest in. I started freaking out but couldn't scream. Then all of the sudden I saw it lift its arm and I noticed that it had something like a dark knife. And it cut me 3 times in my shoulder. I started to freak even more since I was in pain and could really feel the cold blade cutting my skin like a real knife would.(I'm a chef by the way and have cut my finger/hand several times)I was trying to move and I knew that this thing would go away if I could only move a finger.(I had some previous encounters with this shadow before). And then I remembered my mom saying something about calling the name of Jesus if for some reason I felt like I had some kind of weird paralysis and couldn't move. And thats what I did, and as soon as I thought of the name the thing got up and left. And as soon as it left I was able to move again. I remember running to my mom's room freaked out and shaking. And waking her up. I wasn't able to sleep for 3 days cause I was so traumatized. The funny thing about the knife cuts was that when I was telling my mom about it and looked at my shoulder, I had 3 scratches in it that I didn't previously had. The scratches really looked like they were made by someone other than me. I Have had some encounters with it after this incident but nothing like this one. Last time it happened in February 2009 in Costa Rica, when I was visiting some friends. The same thing happened but without it trying to cut me. Now I live in Finland and just the other night I felt something weird watching specially when I was about to fall asleep. Anyways, I don't wish this experience to anyone and I wonder if someone else has been physically hurt by it.

Regards

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong

Well I have! When I was 19 I remember going to sleep in my bed(room was totally dark) and as soon as I laid down this Shadow thing came and jumped on my chest and started to pressure it down. While it was doing that I was totally frozen and couldn't move. I was awake but couldn't move. I somehow could see it face in the dark as it pushed my chest in. I started freaking out but couldn't scream. Then all of the sudden I saw it lift its arm and I noticed that it had something like a dark knife. And it cut me 3 times in my shoulder. I started to freak even more since I was in pain and could really feel the cold blade cutting my skin like a real knife would.(I'm a chef by the way and have cut my finger/hand several times)I was trying to move and I knew that this thing would go away if I could only move a finger.(I had some previous encounters with this shadow before). And then I remembered my mom saying something about calling the name of Jesus if for some reason I felt like I had some kind of weird paralysis and couldn't move. And thats what I did, and as soon as I thought of the name the thing got up and left. And as soon as it left I was able to move again. I remember running to my mom's room freaked out and shaking. And waking her up. I wasn't able to sleep for 3 days cause I was so traumatized. The funny thing about the knife cuts was that when I was telling my mom about it and looked at my shoulder, I had 3 scratches in it that I didn't previously had. The scratches really looked like they were made by someone other than me. I Have had some encounters with it after this incident but nothing like this one. Last time it happened in February 2009 in Costa Rica, when I was visiting some friends. The same thing happened but without it trying to cut me. Now I live in Finland and just the other night I felt something weird watching specially when I was about to fall asleep. Anyways, I don't wish this experience to anyone and I wonder if someone else has been physically hurt by it.

Regards

This sounds more like the classic 'sleep paralysis' or a case of 'hag syndrome'.

Both can be very scary as you describe.

I have to say that I have heard similar accounts before where people have envisaged themselves being physically attacked and wounded ... but once the attack has finished they discover only scratches as opposed to the expected slash wounds that would be found had they been the victim of such an assault.

This is what I meant when I said that the 'experiencer' does not come to any harm ... however, that does not make the event any less scary.

As for the physical scratch marks in the place where the 'experiencer' felt they had been slashed ... the logical psychologist in me suspects that one explanation could be something along the lines of ...

>>> Once the 'experiencer' is released from the paralysis their instant reaction would be to put their hand to the place of attack ... most likely without even being consciously aware of their action ... because chances are they would be scrambling out of bed in a state of panic at the same time (just as you did to go to your mothers room) ... in the process it's highly probable that the scratches could be inadvertantly self-inflicted.

This alternative suggestion is in no way meant to discredit your experience ... it's just to point out the fact that under the circumstances you really wouldn't notice if you'd caused a scratch or whelp on your skin ... you would be fully focused on removing yourself from the point of attack !

If the knife had slashed as you perceived it to have done ... your sheets would have been bloodied and your shoulder would have been gashed rather than scratched.

Terror can come in many shades and in your case it supplied you with the illusion of physical attack rather than straightforward presence.

Woody

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I lived in a house that could be called haunted when I was younger, and trust me, as soon as you went upstairs it was as if you were in a war zone, allways afraid of something you could never see. Anyway, getting to the point, I used to have nightmares involving creepyass stuff, ya know desturbing stuff that I dont really want to bring up incase it triggers it again. Anyways, one night I was sleeping and I woke up and saw a shadow in my bedroom somewhere between my bed and the door, as if it had walked in and woke me up by mistake. It might have been what you guys are talking about exept it did not have a hat, and as a poster said it was darker than dark. Anyways, being a kid I said hello to it or who are you or something like that, and then I got rather scared I think and closed my eyes and it went. Anyways, it stayed with me for life, and I feel that I am lucky to have an experience like that, since apparently its uncommon for a ghost or a shadow to be that close.

I myself come from a ghostly family and a lot of family members have seen or beleive in ghosts. For example after my grandpearents moved into the house, after we moved out, they kept saying about hearing footsteps on the landing being poked etc. Strange though because both me and my Grandad both had all the ghostly experiences and we both have the same name.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I've heard of everything you've told me about, the only difference here is that
I'm somewhat sensitive to seeing, hearing, and feeling spirits, so I know what they are like, sound like and what they feel like. I've seen many different kinds of spirits both good and bad(Meaning I can either feel threatened or not accordingly)I've had countless experiences and still have them very often and I can't help it. It just happens. I'm somewhat used to it already but still, the feeling of fear and terror is not nice. If theres some kind of spirit/ghost in someones house or property I can feel it instantly. I don't necessarily see them, but I can no doubt feel it. Also I can feel when different people have different spirits with them and sometimes I can see it them too. Most of the ones that try to scare me usually fail in their attempts, but for some reason this shadow thing tries as much as possible to instill fear into me and other people it tries to oppress, somewhat gaining power and control over the amount of fear from its victim. I remember You mentioning you have had some experience with this kind of entity also right? Also what are you really? You seem to be the kind of person thats probably aware of spirits and paranormal activity! You can U2U me if you wanna! We can talk more about it later!

Best Regards

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Hey there right-n-wrong,

After reading through your last post you sound like just the kind of person I could do with in my paranormal investigation team (W.I.S.P.S ...Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source).

Pity you live in Finland and I'm based in the UK.

To answer your first question ... yes, I have experienced the 'Hat Man' ... and as someone who has experienced the paranormal all my life (I saw my first solid manifestation of spirit when I was just 3 yrs old), I tend to take such things in my stride ... to the point where I think something is wrong if nothing happens for a few days ... to me it's as normal as the mundane things that occur in my day to day life. But I can honestly say that this 'Hat Man' entity is the only thing that has ever instilled terror within me.

If you go back to my first post on this thread there is a link to the 'Hat Man' thread here on ATS where I added a detailed account of my own experiences with him and those of my 2 son's.

Your second question made me smile - 'what am I' ?

People (including me) have been asking this question for years

The short answer I suppose, would be someone who has much personal experience of the paranormal (amongst other things) ... but always remains grounded ... and I'm the kind of person who always looks for logical explanations before jumping to the conclusion that something is otherworldly.

To me it's all about balance and reality. I seem to have spent my entire adult life trying to explain the reality behind things that get dismissed out of hand by the sceptics ... and likewise I try to show those who see ghosts and aliens behind every creak and bump that more often than not there is a logical explanation.

That way you know that whatever else you are left with is the real deal and not the result of a closed mind ... or vivid imagination.

If you really want to know what makes me tick and how my mind works on such matters then you might be interested in my websites - PastlivesParanormal&Pagans ... and ... The Atlantean Analysis. (links to both in my signature below this post)

If there's anything specific you'd like to ask me about you can contact me directly from my sites rather than get off topic here.

Woody

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Your second question made me smile - 'what am I' ?

Woody

LOL...meant no harm with that question!Sorry if it seemed like it. Just read about your "experience" with the hat man, also sorry about your kid(even though it was quite a while ago). I have a little baby boy that sometimes stares into nothing and screams in fear, so I more or less know what you went through. Sometimes I wonder if hes seeing something of the same nature.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join