It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Needs to be down, it is now wasted server space, in my opinion.

Lives were at stake here.

You are such a disinfo agent. Lives were at stake? They were deliberately withholding any info that might currently endanger people until the potentially harmful bits were redacted. Seems like they were pretty responsible, imho. What has already been released is old news, and there should be no harm letting us know it. Except of course, political harm to the pols who supported this travesty.

If they take Wikileaks down, that just shows them for what they are. A bunch of cowardly, lying, manipulating, murderous greed bags who cant have their actions stand in the light of day without fearing open protest and rebellion.

You have already shown yourself for what you are.

No one is buying your claim that documents about facts over a year old are endangering our soldiers. The "enemy" already knows what happened. They were there. Only the public has been kept in the dark. And it appears to me that Wikileaks is going above and beyond to prove disinfo types like yourself wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

you didn't win the cold war, because you made cold war treaties, like the Maritime Strategy to end the cold war era

you need more European history ?

when a government keeps information secret from the public, i call that treason. the people have the right to know its simple as that

by the way the documentation is 7 months old, from what i can hear

[edit on 26-7-2010 by aspx]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Pinky and "the brain" want to circumcise all the women of the world! Blow up girls schools and the like. Play music and crap singing from high atop phallus like towers so everybody in town has to listen to the stuff. Call the faithfull to thier knees....everybody else gets shot. Stuff like that.

The apparently you dont remember the last round of propaganda from when we liked the Taliban. You know, "Its not our place to judge other cultures. We must have respect for the religious customs of other people, its the American way."

I remember when womens groups and other human rights organizations were protesting our support for these regimes, and I remember all the "Well, we shouldnt interfere in the cultural choices of others" crap that was being spouted at the time.

Apparently, you dont.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Nothing much really. Just the latest round of Hay lets take over the world nut jobs over there. Pinky and "the brain" want to circumcise all the women of the world!

What would be so wrong with that? Maybe you should look into female circumcision but not from Sean Hannity or Anne Coulter. Neither one of them knows anything about female surgeries.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

• How a secret "black" unit of special forces hunts down Taliban leaders for "kill or capture" without trial.

It's called war.

• How the US covered up evidence that the Taliban have acquired deadly surface-to-air missiles.

Yeah and I wonder where exactly they got them from? Could it be? NAW!
Interesting ATS thread

• How the coalition is increasingly using deadly Reaper drones to hunt and kill Taliban targets by remote control from a base in Nevada.

Well it might be news to the undereducated but sure is hell not news to ATS. Here's great little tool...

ATS Search function

• How the Taliban have caused growing carnage with a massive escalation of their roadside bombing campaign, which has killed more than 2,000 civilians to date.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Afghanistan crash, keep watching for a little while because of the multi colored lines in the video at first, then you will see the video. www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Taliban purposly killing children, And when the U.S.A ACCIDENTLY KILLS CHILDREN, oh boy it's front page news. I think the news people should report more on what you reported ,slayer. KNOW THE TRUTH.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Yes by all means lets demozie US forces.

Im not demonizing our troops. I have personal friends who served in Iraq. I know they have nothing to do with what is going on in the bigger view. They get thrown in there, did what they had to do to protect their lives, the lives of their comrades, and not be prosecuted by the military. This isnt about our soldiers being demonized.

Lets overlook all of the civilian Deaths at the hands of the Taliban in the name of religion.

We sure did when we were on the same team as the Taliban. Or are you too young to remember that?

en.wikipedia.org...

Foreign powers, including the United States, briefly supported the Taliban, hoping it would restore order in the war-ravaged country. For example, it made no comment when the Taliban captured Herat in 1995 and expelled thousands of girls from schools.[108] These hopes faded as the Taliban began killing unarmed civilians, targeting ethnic groups (primarily Hazaras) and restricting the rights of women.[64] In late 1997, American Secretary of State Madeleine Albright began to distance the U.S. from the Taliban. The next year the American-based oil company Unocal, withdrew from negotiations on pipeline construction from Central Asia.[109]

I remember complaining that we were supporting such a regime and the mindless chants of "its just their culture, we dont approve, but religious freedom is the American way" it wasnt until the domestic opposition (thanks to human rights groups) reached a certain pitch that the US began to "distance itself." Our leaders are opportunists. The only principle they stand for is "more for me and my friends."

We have never intervened for Tibet, no matter how brutal China has been there. "Human rights" is how they sell YOU on their actions, it has nothing to do with their actions. Human rights abuses dont motivate them to act, or dissuade them from acting. All those sad stories are for YOU, so that you will not vote them out for doing what they want to do.

From the leaked CIA doc on how to propagandize Europeans to accept and support the Afghan war, currently Wikileaks is down, but normally found on their site in the "Shoring up support" leak,

Afghan women could serve as ideal messengers in humanizing the ISAF role in combating the Taliban because of women’s ability to speak personally and credibly about their experiences under the Taliban, their aspirations for the future, and their fears of a Taliban victory. Outreach initiatives that create media opportunities for Afghan women to share their stories with French, German, and other European women could help to overcome
pervasive skepticism among women in Western Europe toward the ISAF mission.

They dont care about those women except in how those women can be used to their end. Initially this meant sacrificing these womens safety, and now it means pleading for it.

Who holds the Taliban accountible? Al Qaeda? Its hard to not have civilian casualties when the Taliban / Al Queda use schools and mosques to fight from.

Al Qaeda had nothing to do with the war in Iraq. Nothing.

en.wikipedia.org...

The consensus of intelligence experts has been that these contacts never led to an operational relationship, and that consensus is backed up by reports from the independent 9/11 Commission and by declassified Defense Department reports[3] as well as by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, whose 2006 report of Phase II of its investigation into prewar intelligence reports concluded that there was no evidence of ties between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.

If they are in Iraq now, there is no one to blame but us.

We supported the Taliban in their rise to power.

Who holds us accountable for letting the Taliban and Al Queda gain a foothold in those countries?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

how can it be called a war when your figthing something self created

like secretly raising deer on someone elses property and then hunt them where you please and not to mention justefying tresspasing by saying that its not a native animal to the region

u.s tax money (your money) funds and schools the "terrorists" which you then hunt down

frankly i dont see how it can be called a war , its more a sick game made up by a sick society

as above so below

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

• How a secret "black" unit of special forces hunts down Taliban leaders for "kill or capture" without trial.

It's called war.

Remember that if and when our leaders ever decide to call Americans protesting their actions and trying to restore actual democracy, "domestic terrorists" or "civil war."

Thats what you guys forget.

In a defensive war, there is some validity to the claim that "these things happen in war."

But when a group of powerful people label "war" things that shouldnt be labeled "war" to justify their abuses of human rights and their violence against civilians, you need to ask whether or not these "wars" should have ever been labeled that to begin with.

We are allowing them to label any grab for power, or resources "war," and thats a dangerous precedent to set, because they can do it at home as well as abroad.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
When these people run around with rags on their head how are we suppose to ID them. No wonder they get shot, because of suspicion. Maybe if they take the rag off, so we can ID people better, less civilians will get shot. The rag is part of the problem, so why don't we tell them this?

No need for such disparaging remarks...........I see what some people here in the States wear, each country and culture has their own style. Do you do that to all people who look different from you?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Only if the TV tells him to.

Thats the problem with people around the world, not only in the US. (Though it IS particularly bad here) If the TV says someone is the bad guy, then surely, they must be.

We all need to start thinking. Not just absorbing messages.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by pavil

Only if the TV tells him to.

Thats the problem with people around the world, not only in the US. (Though it IS particularly bad here) If the TV says someone is the bad guy, then surely, they must be.

Well I'm surprised you watch that crap.
I sure as hell don't

Keep in mind that goes for PressTV and Russia Today too.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

When these people run around with rags on their head how are we suppose to ID them. No wonder they get shot, because of suspicion. Maybe if they take the rag off, so we can ID people better, less civilians will get shot. The rag is part of the problem, so why don't we tell them this?

No need for such disparaging remarks...........I see what some people here in the States wear, each country and culture has their own style. Do you do that to all people who look different from you?
DID YOU READ, what i reported later? Try going thru the whole conversation, before making a statement like so. DO NOT ASSUME, like the other guy did. Do you go around and take bits and peices of what people say and try to turn it into something else for your personal whim? I'm not getting cauky, it is just a question. a yes or no will do.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Where did you get from my post that I do?

Reading for comprehension is a good thing. Sounds to me like you know more about the various programming than I do, despite your claims to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You should withdraw these comments and apologise for them.

I'm offering you the oppurtunity to do this.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Terminology. If you can't see that the terms you used are offensive and far from constructive to debate then ... that's why I didn't bother replying. Trying to fob off another with the poor replies you used before as justification is no answer.

Do you really believe comments like 'Rag heads' are going to help promote a rational debate? If you genuinely cannot understand such derogatory terms detract from an argument that then it would suggest your view point is somewhat limited.

I suppose that there is always the outside chance that you are genuinely trying to propose that the biggest problem faced by troops in Afghanistan is down to the choice of hats.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Personally I wish people wouldn't play this cliche "It hurts our troops" card.

1. It's old news.

2. People OVER there ALREADY know this stuff. If American soldiers shot 2 toddlers that had to go to the hospital - think word of that has not already got around that land?

Now what we have is people with soldiers over there fighting who are NOW newly worried to death about their kid/brothers/boyfriends/ ect.

How does this hurt our soldiers? I really don't KNOW unless it has something to do with decreasing public support for the war or increasing public support for action in Iran.

I wish Gates would just stuff it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Then just how exactly do you know what is being spewed by the mass MEDIA in order to judge what other people "Especially Americans" are being forced fed unless you yourself watch it.

OR

Is that just an assumption on your part?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
another video in afghanistan. I really wish people would read thru the whole thing and really see the full picture. Why do people get paranoid when a person says rag? I suppose im putting down, or a racist, if i call a priest. a man of cloth. GEEZ. I do not mean to offend, so if anyone got offended, please read thru the whole conversation. If you still get offended, I apologize for it is not my intent. So please read thru the whole conversation. thank you. I cain't get the vid to work.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join