It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Because I actually have enough respect for posters to follow the links they post to, (even if I think they are rubbish) and watch or read them, and I do note the source.

Just because I do not watch televised news does not mean I am not exposed to it on the internet, or unaware of the messages it promotes. I also get to listen to people in my general life tell me what they heard Hannity or whomever saying about this or that.

Not following the MSM doesnt somehow mean you are not exposed to other people and the messages they pick up from it.

Besides, you are the only one here that is saying that you have no exposure the the MSM, how would you know they arent picking it up off that source if you have no exposure as you claim?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

So when the USSR fell and became fractured that was a mutual agreement? The people of the USSR were in total poverty because the kremlin spent all it's cash trying to keep up with us.

Remember the end of the Warsaw Pact? Remember that wall coming down?

Nahh....I think we won the Cold War.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Even though I have the greatest of admiration and respect to WIKILEAKS for having the guts to come forward with information such as these files regarding the war in Afghanistan, I'm afraid TPTB will use the making of these files public as one more excuse to put the squeeze on any freedoms the internet offers.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The taliban, the cause. I wonder who finances the TALIBAN and for what reason. Here is afghanistan, kabal before and after. www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... I wonder why the first two videos were taken off. What do they not want us to see, or give video to a friend, a big QUESTION here.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It has been leaked that the Taliban has heat seeking missiles. Not much of a leak, as we (America) gave them the missiles to fight the Russians. I thought everyone knew that.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
NOt for nothing, i wonder if the BUSH family knows anything about who is funding the taliban? As far as i know, its well known bin laden and the bush's werte kinda business partners many years ago, ive even heard them called 'freinds' at one point in time. we all know that bush, both junior and senior are technically civilains right now, but thier power and reputation still makes them untouchable, aka diplomatic immunity kinda.
but would be interesting to find out what they know by grilling them both
i had wondered, perhaps some fo the funding came from the bush's, some. going back to 9/11, ive heard from many and on 2 or 3 documentarys, how when all airtravel was suspended, one plane was allowed to leave..that plane, had bin laden on board. He was here on US Soil and the FEDS allowed him to leave after all civilain air travel was suspended. something to research and think about all.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
When these people run around with rags on their head how are we suppose to ID them. No wonder they get shot, because of suspicion. Maybe if they take the rag off, so we can ID people better, less civilians will get shot. The rag is part of the problem, so why don't we tell them this?

the trees are getting in the way of the forest lets break down the big picture

america hasnt decleared war because that would require proof

the reason to be there is 9/11 (original reason)

the new reason is to free the country from religious taliban rule

the new reason is to free afgahan woman (from there persacution)

can anyone tell me why a 10 year illegal war is still going on when you can protect your own boarder?

is this afgahn war to protect america?
isnt the poarus boarder more of a threat?

who makes money from this war (besides pakastan)?
and are they the ones who decided to go to war without a legit reason?

do you realize other western countries deplore war capitalizem?

blatant funding of both sides to keep you there

XPLOdER

this is not about your and our troops they are pawns in a money making scheme BRING OUR TROOPS HOME

protect your own boarders not poppies

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kooloperator

Do you not think it is strange at all that this guy is not dead? I mean, there are several threads about him being a disinfo agent or something of the like.
I think it is very important that this info get out to the people, so they can see what is really going on, and maybe wake up. But then again, part of me thinks somehow this fits into the big plan by TPTB as well...who knows.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Needs to be down, it is now wasted server space, in my opinion.

Lives were at stake here.

No one is buying your claim that documents about facts over a year old are endangering our soldiers. The "enemy" already knows what happened. They were there. Only the public has been kept in the dark. And it appears to me that Wikileaks is going above and beyond to prove disinfo types like yourself wrong.

Wow, when I said lives were at stake here I meant those who investigated and gathered evidence and submitted it "anonymously".

Since you have no real idea what I am talking about, your post is well written, and I agree based on your assumption of what I was talking about, but seriously there are a lot of missing pieces here.

And THAT is a huge problem now.

Interesting how it paints an evil picture of this war (rightly so war is hell) but it miraculously leaves the Obama administration out of the bad stuff.

Take it for what it is worth to you, believe what you want.

The truth is no longer relevant and highly dangerous.

Wikileaks is dead, enjoy its controlled incarnation.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Earthdude is right. ive seen dcumentartys on youtube and hbo in the past, talking about when afghanistan was at war with russia. Those heat seeking missles, damn i cant remember what thier called, but they use infrored to lock onto its traget. its mounted moreso up and over yuor chest, a small version of a bazooka kinda. RTG"s? does that sound right? thier really expensive technology. if yuo had one of these weapons, no aircraft would really be safe from escaping it. stinger missles? maybe they were called?
well, the afghans were using it on russian helicoptors and tanks primarily. the funding for msot of this, fact, was provded BY the CIA> the CIA had trained them how to fight, how to camoflauge, bought with our tax money, thier ak 47's, RTG's. after the war, going into the late 80's, the taliban turned through extreme muslimisnm. it is thought thats how they got thier weapons, financially. buut it is also said, bin laden is a multi millionair too.
im thinking he is getting US government money somehow, our taxes are fudning his weapons, and our governemnt is playing a cat n mouse game for whatever political reason.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I found this very interesting. gu.com... WHAT THE HELL. I find this even more interesting. That is not the video i wanted, that was supposed to be the picture of incidences in afghanistan report. The url is wrong for that, why would they do that? hmmmmm

[edit on 26-7-2010 by nite owl]

link   
Wowsers, I just read the posts on MSNBC, and everyone wants to hang Julian for treason.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

They don't even want to try him first, lol. Just 'Kill the scum."

I think I must have died and woke up in an alternative universe where right is wrong and wrong is right.

Or else someplace where public opinion is guided and finessed with a velvet hand and a keyboard.

link   

DID YOU READ, what i reported later? Try going thru the whole conversation, before making a statement like so. DO NOT ASSUME, like the other guy did. Do you go around and take bits and peices of what people say and try to turn it into something else for your personal whim? I'm not getting cauky, it is just a question. a yes or no will do.

Quite honestly, I don't know what the rest of the conversation AFTER your offensive terminology has to do with the justification of you using such a term. You may not think it's offensive, but I am pretty sure quite a few people do. If you were being sarcastic, it didn't work too well. When people say things that are inappropriate, they should be called out on it, otherwise it escalates. I would expect people to do the same to me if I said something similar.

You can debate and support your points without using such not so nice terminology. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Mark Harris

I recommend everyone see this video, It will WAKE YOU UP. www.youtube.com...

thank you and i recomend it

if the ussr couldnt win in a twenty year war and they were next door

what makes america think it can win from thousands of miles away?

xploder

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

that cough media cough outlet is a mouth peace for the war mongers

watch them change thier tune as public out rage hits the streets

these guys have not shown things that needed to be shown to protect their masters and they realize their time is nearly up

huagh

XPLoDer

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
sooo is it just me who notices the abundantly clear lower case i in wikileaks logo... not to mention n. amrca just happens to be missing anddd if u tilt ur head a lil to the right there might just be a face lookin deal to the logo as well.. *shrugs*

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To be honest, I haven't heard anything in the Wikileaks so far that blew me away. I know things don't always go right and people try to cover their tracks. The biggest thing is the ISI STILL supporting the Taliban. WTF!?!? "If" that is still going on, they've got some serious "splaining" to do. I don't take kindly to supposed allies working with my foes. Especially allies we give 7.5 BILLION to. Talk about ungrateful.......

I wouldn't punish Wikileaks...... these kind of things are part of the normal way a democracy works....things get leaked. I would only have an issue if it put a specific operation or individuals at risk. For example if they disclosed a project to capture/kill Bin Laden and told details and locations being monitored.

Most of the Wikileaks didn't tell me things I didn't already know or assume.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We are in Afghanistan for 2 reasons: Heroin Dollars and Natural Resources. Mike Ruppert called it 7-8 years ago in "Crossing the Rubicon."
On Rense, there are numerous picturs of US soldiers in poppy fields(guarding the fields) and with finished product too. Numerous. This is how the CIA funds itself, their black projects and it keeps Wall St propped up by money laundering estimated by Fitts and Ruppert to be anywhere from 800B to 1trillion a year.

A false flag called 9/11 was the catalyst needed to launch the phony "War on Terror" and pave the way for 2 wars, one for the US/CIA/Illuminati and one for master Israel(Iraq). Before we went into Afghanistan in Oct of 2001, the Taliban had eliminated 95% of the heroin trade in their country, today, there is more supply than demand,record crops and lookie whose been there almost 9 years. HMMMMMMM.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Bad news and terrible for the people involved and their families, and also the Army, and it's standing in the area.

You've got to remember though, that if this is just the 'opening salvo' as someone put it, the likelihood is that the British Army's contribution, although bad as i've said, is going to be the least controversial revelation on the list...so at least Britain is 'the best of the bad' as it were or nowhere near as shocking as others in Afghanistan, to be revealed leading up to, and at the climax of the leaks.

I know it's terrible for those concerned, but war is a bastard..to everyone.

Civilians always become casualties. In just about every war ever fought, civilians have been either deliberately targeted with bombing like WWII or accidentally, through misidentifying them as the enemy.

Every war i can think of is like this.

War is a nasty 'business'.

[edit on 26/7/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker63

Originally posted by Seeker63
We are in Afghanistan for 2 reasons: Heroin Dollars and Natural Resources. Mike Ruppert called it 7-8 years ago in "Crossing the Rubicon."
On Rense, there are numerous picturs of US soldiers in poppy fields(guarding the fields) and with finished product too. Numerous. This is how the CIA funds itself, their black projects and it keeps Wall St propped up by money laundering estimated by Fitts and Ruppert to be anywhere from 800B to 1trillion a year.

Thank you, and wikileaks had it and could have exposed it, but sold out, or were pressured to.

Either way, the fight will continue, hopefully in the process wikileaks will ultimately be exposed for what it is now, and has been for some time.

In my honest opinion.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join