It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Interesting how it paints an evil picture of this war (rightly so war is hell) but it miraculously leaves the Obama administration out of the bad stuff.

I dont see where you get that Obama is being left out of this.

I think that is your partisan viewpoint. Clearly some of those leaks indicate the Obama administration IS part of an ongoing agenda.

I dont blame Wikileaks for how the media chooses to report.

I dont buy into the one party is better or substantially different from the other party line of reasoning AT ALL.

Clearly, an agenda is being promoted as a cohesive thread that runs through both parties and several administrations. How anyone actually looking at it can think otherwise is beyond me.

And it goes beyond "war is hell" to the bottom line that, this is not "war." This is not what has been sold to us. Either us defending ourselves, or us defending the weak but righteous around the world.

This is a mad resource and power grab by the economic powers that long ago seized control of the US government, and this grab is being paid for by US citizens, supported by other nations around the world, and legitimized by propagandizing it as "war."

You may not like Obama. I didnt vote for him either. But trying to make it seem like Wikileaks is somehow promoting him is unfair. Its untrue. This particular set of data reaches back into the Bush years, so of course its going to implicate Bush. How it is exonerating Obama I really dont see at all. Clearly, he has been part of this too. His promise to end one "war" escalated into declaring a second one. (Not officially of course)

Who has failed to notice that? And how, in light of that is he being given a pass on culpability here? The two party system is a sham. And until I personally see Wikileaks promoting their agenda, I am not going to buy the repeated claims that they are a disinfo site. Or dead in the water. Clearly, they are struggling to release the huge volume of leaks they got, (likely from Manning) but they have to do it responsibly. To protect their credibility and public support from the massive tidal wave of propaganda that is coming out all over the place against them.

They dont have control over the leaks being sent to them. They arent asking people to send them leaks about specific Presidents. They publish what they get. And people send in what they can, and what they think are important. If you think there isnt enough stuff being leaked about Obama, blame that on the loyalists to him that have access and arent leaking enough. Dont blame the website that publishes said leaks.

So, unless you can make it clear to me, by showing me a pattern at least, of information coming out of that site that serves to edify Obama and promote the scam of the two party system, I have to take your opinion with a big grain of salt. It sounds like partisanship on YOUR part, to me, without any logical demonstration to support your repeated claims. And Im not buying itthe partisan lie any more, from anyone. I am convinced well beyond a reasonable doubt that the idea that there are two parties, with two separate ideologies is false.

Their actions do not demonstrate that, no matter what their words seem to indicate.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Interesting how it paints an evil picture of this war (rightly so war is hell) but it miraculously leaves the Obama administration out of the bad stuff.

I dont see where you get that Obama is being left out of this.

I think that is your partisan viewpoint. Clearly some of those leaks indicate the Obama administration IS part of an ongoing agenda.

Did you see the date range on the logs?

Nuff said?

As for my partisan viewpoint, I am a left leaning centrist, and one of those millions of fools who drank the koolaid and voted for Obama.

Yeah, that whole hope and change thing got me.

As for the rest, bah, why bother? there are more important things to do right now.

Nice post.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Just remember, when you read all those comments, all the waves of paid propagandists that have posted on ATS at various times, trying to sway the view of the membership.

Sometimes more important than the propaganda itself is the illusion that most of your fellow people (in a nation, or on a site) are of one opinion. Many people are persuaded away from their own opinion by the illusion of a consensus.

Thats why organizations PAY propagandists to do what they do.

See this thread someone started recently for more discussion of this, if you care to.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Does anyone not see the symbolism in this logo?? starting with the i..

[edit on 26-7-2010 by exystense]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by exystense

Does anyone not see the symbolism in this logo?? starting with the i..

[edit on 26-7-2010 by exystense]

Hmm...

Perhaps it means that slowly, over time, they are building a new world. But yeah, I do see a lot of symbolism going on in that logo. And then there is the fact that it is of the same color scheme of Mr. Obama's campaign logo.

Personally, I really have not decided myself that if I know without a shadow of a doubt or not that WL is, or is not, a propaganda, be the information true or not (I lean towards this material as being 2 legit to quit), mouthpiece of the government.

Peace all.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
thats where i stand as well, im in between, but that logo is eerie, tilt ur head to the right and you kinda see Obama's campaign poster image.. try it.. maybe all just coincidence, but figured id bring it up

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No, this can't be hapenning, REALLY. No, not the media. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? WHY? WHO? FOR WHAT PURPOSE? www.youtube.com... if that does not work go to ( youtube and punch in wikileaks war diary exsposes us cover up)

[edit on 26-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
McCrystal is kicked off the team and all of a sudden the playbook is published.

Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Did you see the date range on the logs?

Nuff said?

No, a one liner isnt enough said. Why do you think that the dates on the leaks are important? How does Wikileaks have control over what is leaked to them? They get what they get. Some of what they have is very recent, 2010. (The shoring up Afghan support memo) Its possible the leaker themself was trying to make Bush look worse than Obama, but thats not on Wikileaks, even if its true.

Since I suspect all of this came from Manning, and clearly he leaked during the Obama presidency, (he even stated Clinton and others were going to look mighty bad,) I dont even buy that the leaker is trying to spare Obama or the Dems. I think he just leaked what he had access too.

As for my partisan viewpoint, I am a left leaning centrist, and one of those millions of fools who drank the koolaid and voted for Obama.

Im sorry you had your illusion shattered that way. I dont blame you for getting caught up in it. Or for being mad at Obama. Two things kept me off the kool aid, though it sure did look might tasty at some points.

One, they were talking Obama up as a potential candidate since some speech he made in 2000? 2001? So I knew he, and we, were being groomed for our "choice." They usually choose a Democrat to screw us at home, and a Republican to screw other countries. So I suspected they were going to do something pretty bad domestically.

Secondly, (although I am from Hawaii, and lots of people I know there are pissed at me for not supporting a "local boy") any doubts I had that he was going to be the same as the others were wiped away by that memo to Canada where one of his campaign guys told them not to take anything he was saying about NAFTA seriously.

But you know, he is a truly remarkable speaker, and I get moved listening to it too sometimes. I just have to step back afterwards and disengage my sentiments, and look at the evidence. And all signs point to him being another conspirator.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

lol, hey nite owl, let me help ya out a lil bit on the video gig...

This is how a youtube BBCode command is formed:

open bracket yvid closed bracket then 11 number / letter youtube video ID open bracket /yvid closed bracket

so that means you get the 11 character video ID from the URL of the video and place it alone between the (lower case) yvid brackets... like so:

Here's one of my favorites... NAVY SEALS!!

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
HMMMM, testing videos from different places. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
No, this can't be hapenning, REALLY. No, not the media. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? WHY? WHO? FOR WHAT PURPOSE? www.youtube.com... if that does not work go to ( youtube and punch in wikileaks war diary exsposes us cover up)

[edit on 26-7-2010 by nite owl]
I WONDER, why this video does not come up, but the other did. HMMMMMM, what are they HIDEING?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I agree,

Something didnt seem right about him leaving...

.. im thinking, they knew he was responsible for this leak, but admitting as much would give it substance and authenticity, so they created a excuse to get rid of him.

I mean, for a career army man to run his mouth of with the media, is practically suicide.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Well if theres going to be a fight back vs NWO Then it statrs here...with Wikileaks...keep up the good work
god bless u all

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Lets hope the big announcement at the end of the year that wikileaks mentioned will be proof that 911 was an inside job maybe?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Finally some truth comes out,hopefully there will be more to come.More people need to wake up to whats really going on.Kudos to wikileaks.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What is interesting about this thread is that no one asked, "Why these documents, and why now?"

Your answer:
"Democrats digging harder than ever for dirt on Republicans"
www.washingtonpost.com...

"WikiLeaks Founder Says Evidence of War Crimes in Leaked Documents"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Related Headlines?

Since the Democrats are searching for dirt on Republicans, they intentionally leaked these national security documents out to the public. It was a political move, so they can win in November.

Regardless about what is on these documents, which is not important, everyone should be asking themselves, "Who specifically leaked them, and will they be held accountable?"

No one leaks 90,000 documents. Obama's Administration intentionally released them for political gain, so they can play the 'Bush's Fault' card on the new Republican party. They want to destroy the Republicans.

No one 'leaks' 90,000 documents.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Wowsers, I just read the posts on MSNBC, and everyone wants to hang Julian for treason.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

They don't even want to try him first, lol. Just 'Kill the scum."

Hey thanks for that link, it's like a polar opposite of ATS, seems like 95% of people on MSNBC really really really really hate him.

This piece of @!$%# who would have thousands of people die needs to be (secretly) caught, tortured, and executed.

Classy!

I guess now Obama is in charge, all that kind of stuff is cool again for these people. Bush=Bad, Obama=Good, even though they are doing much the same things.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Yea.. imagine what the Indians think.
They probably share all the frustration you do along with:
"OYE! We TOLD you not to give money to these guys. We TOLD you that they'll use it against us (India) and worse yet, they may use it against you! And worse yet, you give them money and you KNOW that they use it against us and even you!! What gives?!"

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
Pakistani ISI supporting the insurgents is no surprise of course. If Canada was invaded by other countries, the USA may support Canadian insurgents to try to stop a move by the invading troops in Canada to march the US border.

Yea.. sorry to sound extremely critical of what you said, but the analogy is so not relevant. This is just so wrong at soo many levels!
For starters, the US and Pakistan are MAJOR (WERE MAJOR) non-NATO allies before this war.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join