It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

rt coverage of wikileaks disclosure
pretty daming for MSM in the US

external vid linky to u tube

v=hDcnBeY_t3c&feature=player_embedded

very daming on MSM

I agree, that was the video i wanted to post. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31Obama's Administration intentionally released them for political gain, so they can play the 'Bush's Fault' card on the new Republican party. They want to destroy the Republicans.[edit on 26-7-2010 by Section31]

I know..
How outrageous..
.. I mean, what the hell does Bush have to do with Afghanistan anyway?
.. Or the Taliban/Osama/Alqaeda/911 for that matter..

Its not as if they profited significantly from that little event & adventure.
Its not as if their friends and corporate partners profited significantly is it.
Its not as if the same S O a B's still sit in the whitehouse under a republican flag is it ?

HOW DARE ANYONE CRITICISE THE CURRENT SH1T HEAP situation, that BUSH created, against the republicans.

That kind of thing is just un-significant!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
GOOD, for wikileak. Also with this video we can see how our media works when it comes to showing the public what is more important. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by Logarock
Nothing much really. Just the latest round of Hay lets take over the world nut jobs over there. Pinky and "the brain" want to circumcise all the women of the world!

What would be so wrong with that? Maybe you should look into female circumcision but not from Sean Hannity or Anne Coulter. Neither one of them knows anything about female surgeries.

As far as female circumcision NPR ran a good look on that awhiel back....thats where I got most of my info on that.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Logarock

Pinky and "the brain" want to circumcise all the women of the world! Blow up girls schools and the like. Play music and crap singing from high atop phallus like towers so everybody in town has to listen to the stuff. Call the faithfull to thier knees....everybody else gets shot. Stuff like that.

The apparently you dont remember the last round of propaganda from when we liked the Taliban. You know, "Its not our place to judge other cultures. We must have respect for the religious customs of other people, its the American way."

I remember when womens groups and other human rights organizations were protesting our support for these regimes, and I remember all the "Well, we shouldnt interfere in the cultural choices of others" crap that was being spouted at the time.

Apparently, you dont.

No I dont remember it like this this. The two sides of the issue have always made a point out of showing that women were treated poorly.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

i wounder what was realy happening when michel jackson was suiacided

how much footage is shown on MSM that is news not just celeb crap

we dont get any war news in my country at all

think all the MSM is in on a cover up

i do

end the MSM i say (legally boycot MSM)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by nite owl

we truly are
birds of the same feathers, fly together.

how many more people leaking the truth will provide a flood of evidence of war crimes

how many deaths does it require for america to pull out?

The problem here is that someone may be allowing deaths, thats what I worry about, to bring about being sick of the war to help with the pullout. Maybe thats what McChrystal was bitching about....foot draging, predictablity, lack of offence results in picking off a few here and a few there. Not that standing down a bit is altogether a no go, but apparently Mc didnt think so.

We are not on any sort of offensive footing as of now as far as I know.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted but the Afghan War Diaries are now up in html

wardiary....__._/

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I don't know if this has been posted but the Afghan War Diaries are now up in html

wardiary....__._/
If i were to take a guess, i would say that this info got out perpossly and they helpped this guy do it. WHY? TO START A WAR. SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY. The gov't did warn that they were being hacked. I wonder where this will lead.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A thread on here has already started what i was thinking. CONGRESS TO GREENLIGHT ISREAL TO ATTACK IRAN. When you play chess you must always be a step ahead of the game.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I don't think you understood the overall point being made.

Let me clear this up for you ---

NO ONE is going to get into trouble for leaking sensitive national security documents, which can be used to learn about how we gain sensitive information.

Personally, I don't care if this was a Democrat, Independent, or Republican. What matters is that 91,000 National Security documents have been leaked to the public...and, not many people are asking who, what, where, and why?...and, no one in the White House actually cares.

If we have a breach in national security, do you not think that we should fix this problem?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Any military regime allows deaths. BBC24 26/07 early reports, although extensive, included a woman reporter, based in America saying much of it was already known, in the same breath as the "revelation" of civilian Afghan casualties, without reference to Bradley Manning or anyone else, maybe that's a good approach if they were already in the know. Later daytime reports with Kate Silverton seemed more orchestrated, but that's just my take on it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
If i were to take a guess, i would say that this info got out perpossly and they helpped this guy do it. WHY? TO START A WAR. SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY. The gov't did warn that they were being hacked. I wonder where this will lead.

It is either war or politically driven. 90,000 documents takes a long time to accumulate, so the person who leaked this information has been working overtime. Someone would have had to given that person a quiet nod.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

After Revealing Afghan War Secrets, Wikileaks Prepares Document Dumps on Iraq and Diplomacy

While the world has begun picking through the 90,000 classified reports on U.S. military activity in Afghanistan obtained and released by freedom-of-information Web site Wikileaks, Declassified has learned that tens of thousands of additional U.S. government documents—including military reports relating to the Iraq War and State Department diplomatic cables—may surface in forthcoming document dumps.

Now its over 100,000 National Security documents leaked. I call this another serious breach of security.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by nite owl

It is either war or politically driven. 90,000 documents takes a long time to accumulate, so the person who leaked this information has been working overtime. Someone would have had to given that person a quiet nod.

I agree, this sort of thing takes time and planning. No way could this have been done on a weekend. The planning , time to gather info. I do say, YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING HERE.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbillydudeman
THANK YOU WIKILEAKS!

I have no clue what we could do without it.

What can you do with it?

This will be interesting to see, how people here in ATS are happy that finally secret information is revealed, lets see the reaction.

And by the way, this is not even top secret + is almost impossible to confirm because most of these reports are related to the bottom level of the war machine, hence the soldiers etc. These reports are written by them, that being said, how much of it is toned down by their fellow soldiers is in question.

As the Wikileak founder himself said, if it is related to occupied troop, the possibility of the report being toned down is high, but if it is related to the resistance or Taliban, it is hell loose.

So if civilians are killed, the soldiers can just report they were militants, imagine how many cases of such absurdity?

Only Afghans on the ground knows, and it seems they are pretty angry therefore there anger hints us to believe that the killing and destruction is more widespread.

And by the way, Iran was right, when it released a report claiming over 500 Afghan elders against the occupation have been killed suspiciously. These wikileak reports back that claim, that the special force were behind it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

America doesn't need to finish the war nor win the war. America doesn't win wars, it doesn't want to win wars, it just likes to carry out terrorist attacks against foreign countries and keep the thing going as long as possible.

Wars have many benefits for the the evil ones. Brings in money, diverts aggention from internal problems, adds yet another country to the US empire, which it exploits and pillages, etc, etc.

It is an illegal, unjistified war. They have no right to be there. They should just get the hell out of there,

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This wikileaks thing has to have been released to cover something else up. Keep on the lookout for something important to happen. Maybe something in the Gulf of Mexico is going on in the near future?

Maybe TPTB were trying to get all of us "wackos" sidetracked so they could do something major elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
This wikileaks thing has to have been released to cover something else up. Keep on the lookout for something important to happen. Maybe something in the Gulf of Mexico is going on in the near future?

Maybe TPTB were trying to get all of us "wackos" sidetracked so they could do something major elsewhere.

Or maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe the American government has intentionally leaked these documents, very toned down documents, with very unprovocative, and nothing out of the ordinary secret documents, to feed our urge to expose conspiracies.

This has been keeping wikileaks busy, and will slow down wikileaks in trying to hunt down classified documents, like it exposed previously.

As I previously stated in a previous thread, that every man has his price, I bet this man did too.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Good Point

Maybe the U.S. released these docs to flood us with info and while this is being sifted through the real war crime info will just get lost in the mix?

Something shady is going on here with these documents. If TPTB didn't want these released, we'd still all be talking about snails on meth, or BP disaster etc etc etc

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join