It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is a fraud.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I have done nothing of the sort. First, belief in a deity is not needed for spiritual growth. Second, all I did was tell you that atheism only involves a lack of a belief in a deity. Please stop adding things I didn't say, and please stop misatributing things to atheism.

I believe this exchange is over unless you wish to stick to facts.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by mav0360

I can see a future for spiritual evolution. I do not see one for atheism, just self-destruction.

Care to explain that?

Or are you going to continue to remain vague.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Lol

The only self destruction I see is this Op

Nice try there Assassin to ruck up the Non believers.... however futile.

Why don't you do what the Universe does.... take a deep breath

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Care to explain that?

You talk about your doctrine but when repeatedly asked for information about it the measurable results achieved by it are none.
Is based upon faith or facts?
All those associated with your doctrine that have posted here have only offered their personal subjective opinions, much like religious folks offering their testimonies.
Do you think any criticism of atheism is valid?

Does that kind of thinking often expressed by you has any meaningful answers?
That's what is going on.
To me your doctrine is little more than a composite of essentially fake claims, so an atheist never does anything wrong and there is no other doctrine or belief system that exists. You don't believe in anything. Get it?
To you all beliefs are LIES, everything is a lie, so its ok to lie your ass off.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I am an Atheist. I believe I am here. I believe this is what others have told me is a computer. I believe that when I go to sleep, I most likely will awaken.

See I believe. However ask me to believe in a huge invisible dude that is everywhere and everything, knows everything and will buy me a movie and dinner after I die and I will ask what evidence.

If the evidence is as FRAUDULENT as every religion besides Buddhism then I will not believe blindly.

Again, you make yourself look to be a fool _NotSoSilentAssassin_!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

If the evidence is as FRAUDULENT as every religion besides Buddhism then I will not believe blindly. Again, you make yourself look to be a fool _NotSoSilentAssassin_!!!!

Good 4 u. Now you can go on with your life.
And this has nothing to do with Christianity or Islam.. You are creating this world, your children will live in it. Remember this.
If not spiritual evolution what is it? I wouldn't want to be held responsible for the end of the species.
Nuff said. Now deal with your problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Atheism needs no evolution.

I realize there are some atheists who gather in groups and discuss their non-belief. I also understand that they are largely tongue in cheek. Still I'll never go to one.

People WITH faith seem to think Atheists "suffer" from a LACK of faith, or that we have no faith. though this is purely semantic, I think its a sticking point.

We simply don't believe in a god. Any god, or gods. We don't need to offer up any facts, we simply don't believe.

Really how is this so complicated. How can we be a fraud. Fraud suggests misrepresentation. How are atheists misrepresenting their disbelief?

Are you claiming that I actually DO believe in a god or gods but am lying about it, potentially for personal or financial gain? If that were the case then sure....I would admit myself a fraud.

Following legal precedent, the onus is on you to prove that I believe in god and am misrepresenting myself, the onus is on you to prove that I am engaging in a fraudulent activity. So have at it. Present your opening arguments on how I, and other Atheists actually do believe in god.

Nobody convinced me to be an atheist, it is simply the conclusion I arrived at after a bit of thought. Interesting that the pressure comes from the institution to be religious, but you don't see too many people saying: COME TO ATHEISM, yet our ranks increase while your pews become more spacious and comfortable every year.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by beefytee

Well sir, to be honest with you, I'm not really sure about Jesus either. He could be just an alien hybrid. Perhaps we'll never know. I wasn't addressing Christianity.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

I was just saying he was a cool guy.

It's a lot more likely that he was an alien than the son of God, that's for damn sure!

Christianity is a religion, we're having a religious discussion, so therefor yes, you did passively address Christianity. Come on now. Know the rules before you bite off such a big chunk.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I honestly think it is Fear and Ego - - that some (many) can not let go of the concept of a benevolent Creator (force - god - intelligence - consciousness).

Some (many) need to believe they were created for a purpose.

Even though I personally believe in an energy intelligence/consciousness - - - its not something I need.

I'm perfectly fine accepting that I'm just organic matter then lives and dies. So I have zero problem in Atheist.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What is fraudulent about atheism? There is no manifesto, no indoctrination, no organized group , and no system of belief other than we feel that devoting our lives to what proves to be falsehoods is a waste of our precious lives. Man I hope those gods the Jews , Christians , Hindus, and Muslims worship are really just sock puppets because you fail to realize that it is exactly the opposite in today's world. The theists have the bombs, money, and the tenacious devotion of the sheep . Name ONE nation EVER to go to war due to atheism or a creed produced because of atheistic thought.

Can you do that?> Thought not.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thought I would lighten this thread with a Rowan Atkinson clip:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Let's face it, theists and atheists will never agree. Many atheists are dismayed by the excesses of religion and many theists fell compelled by their faith to educate the non-believers.

Do we need to bash each other in these threads? I think we need a little more respect for each other.

I suggest that the theists state what and why they believe as a starting point, instead of attacking the atheists. The atheists do the same in reverse.

We might not change each others minds but we might have a more meaningful discourse.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by beefytee

Christianity is a religion, we're having a religious discussion, so therefor yes, you did passively address Christianity. Come on now. Know the rules before you bite off such a big chunk.

The thread is about Atheism not about Christianity. I'm not a Christian.

Don't worry you won't get one anyway, your just deconstructing stuff up.
Either you go forward or you go back.
Nuff said. Now deal with your problem.

Make sense please!

a)What am I "deconstructing up"?

b)I won't go forward OR back...I'll stand still, and I'm TOTALLY cool with that. I'm not understanding what you mean by "Evolution" can you explain?

c)What exactly is my problem?

I'm looking for direct answers to those 3 questions. Can you do that for me?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
Let's face it, theists and atheists will never agree. Many atheists are dismayed by the excesses of religion and many theists fell compelled by their faith to educate the non-believers.

Do we need to bash each other in these threads? I think we need a little more respect for each other.

Fact is: religion interferes with my government. Which FORCES religion on me.

Atheists don't FORCE any thing on me.

I don't care what anyone believes or doesn't - - as long as they keep it to themselves or in their church (whatever). That would be respect.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by mithrawept

Fact is: religion interferes with my government. Which FORCES religion on me.

Atheists don't FORCE any thing on me.

I don't care what anyone believes or doesn't - - as long as they keep it to themselves or in their church (whatever). That would be respect.

Though our spiritual beliefs are opposite, I agree 100% with you on this, and I suspect that God would, as well. Forcing a belief on someone, if it generates anything at all, will either generate hostility or it will generate a hollow faith.

I'm sorry that you live somewhere that treats you that way.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I'm sorry that you live somewhere that treats you that way.

I live in the USA

Arizona to be exact

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Satan is very happy that Atheists are forming the Atheist religion.

See, he knows that there is no god in your religion...just wait until he takes control of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneExplorer
Satan is very happy that Atheists are forming the Atheist religion.

See, he knows that there is no god in your religion...just wait until he takes control of it.

There is no atheist religion. There is an atheist belief (that God does not exist,) but no religion or theology behind it. Satan's opinion of that likely makes zero difference to the atheist (I suppose that an atheist could exist who believed in Satan, but not God, Satan not being a deity, but that seems really unlikely.)

While Satan is probably pretty jacked by people turning away from God, as they have no religion, there's nothing for him to "take control of." Theologically, it doesn't matter -- the rejection of God is the tipping point, not what you reject him in favour of.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Religiphobia is alive.

Stand up Christians and let your voices be heard.

Stand up Christians and defend the great Lord.

Religiphobia is alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join