It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is a fraud.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Yea , talk about leaving the scene of an accident !

He'll be back , he just had to go study up on the several aspects of Pantheism .

Hopefully he won't be too alarmed to discover that Pantheism has been described as a 'sexed-up' form of Atheism .

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Apart from these are the Atheists who at least flat out reject God on their own terms for their own reasons and have come together as a collective.
Not as a religion. I have hope for these, as I understand them the most.

There is no rejection of something that does not exist.

It's quite simple.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I say that there is no such thing as "athe-ISM" . The "ism" implies that there are a set of beliefs, which there are not.

There are Atheists, but no athe-ISM.

We are just ordinary people getting on with our lives.
Nothing about being an atheist is evil.
History has shown than Religion has been the basis for some of the most heinous crimes against humanity ever known.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

The Universe is not infinite in size because if it was it would be infinite in age.

Telescope Takes First Image of the Entire Universe

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Some Atheists simply need proof there is a God and are easily mingled with the evolutionist.

Believing in evolution has no bearing on belief in deities, aside from excluding you from the Fundamentalist Christian club (and probably a few other smaller sects.)

I like your posts, Randy, but will you pulllll-ease fix the typo in your signature line? That drives me nuts every time I see it. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by mr-lizard

So what?

I'll tell you what Buster!

I already told you. Pantheists do not believe in a extra-Universal deity.

What? are you getting a bit upset because i'm not fully understanding your religion or belief - I think you should go back a few pages and then realise you're doing EXACTLY the same (but making more of a fool out of yourself than I ever could).

So you will need to come up with a better argument than the ones you use on Christians or Muslims.

Erm... No.. I think i'm quite capable of deducing that it's YOU who is suddenly switching tactics, and that maybe YOU should be questioning Christians and muslims about why they aren't worshipping your pantheistic , non-anthromorphic, universal diety.

What makes you think you own monopolity of science and philosophy?

Absolutely NOTHING, i never for a second believe i do.... YOU on the other hand seem to have everything figured out and are judging everyone who doesn't follow your faith. I guess you chose one religion fitting your personality too, as if on the other hand YOUR faith or god (for wish of a better word) DOES turn out to be some anthromorphic , floating on a cloud diety - then it's YOU who will have to explain your sense of judgement too....

But instead you don't believe in that do you? And guess what, neither do i... So why the attacks? Why not try and figure out some similiarities.... I'll start.

Monotheistic religions believe that there is a personified diety, a creator of the universe, a judger at the end of times.....

Pantheists believe that the universe is god.

Atheists believe that the universe is the universe.

According to your perspective you say that atheism is the lack of 'belief in GOD'. Then how do you trace back the source of your morality?

questions questions..

I believe a series of events gave us our mortality, and being honest you know as much as I do.... I just don't have the nerve and arrogance to go around telling everyone that i do and that those who differ are wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Some Atheists simply need proof there is a God and are easily mingled with the evolutionist. They encompus a great multitude' that can never be reached, because they obviously can't see, what they say they need. Proof.

Okay smart arse. Convert me. Show me proof. Show me something so amazingly original that i will publically eat a randomly selected item of clothing.

And do... not... quote from ANY religious scripture.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

The Universe is not infinite in size because if it was it would be infinite in age.

Aaah but who is to say that 'size' has always been that size, maybe the universe has at one point been bigger? We know for a fact it has been smaller, but what about bigger?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Very cool, thank you for the link. The image is thermal via microwave detection, I think it says, right? Well, from our perspective (which I assume is its display? They say "full sky" a lot more than "entire Universe", although they do say that) it sure doesn't have an appearance of an organism.

As for infiniteness, someone should suggest to NASA that on their "Universe 101" web site, when the question "Is the Universe Infinite" is supposed to be being answered, a simple yes/no at the end of the maths would be helpful, lol.

map.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Some Atheists simply need proof there is a God and are easily mingled with the evolutionist. They encompus a great multitude' that can never be reached, because they obviously can't see, what they say they need. Proof.

Okay smart arse. Convert me. Show me proof. Show me something so amazingly original that I will publicly eat a randomly selected item of clothing.

And do... not... quote from ANY religious scripture.

Yeah - - this one always annoys me.

I heard a discussion on the radio - and the man said: "if you want proof of God - just go down to the local hospital - and look in the nursery window".

It proves we still have sex and propagate - - but it sure doesn't prove God.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So this thread is basically saying:
Hey atheists, there is a God, and it's called the Universe!

Well, guess what? We already know about the universe, and it doesn't show any hint of being a God, just conjecture from people with no scientific basis for their theories and new age mumbo jumbo.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I suppose its possible it was once bigger but not in the last 14-15 billion years which is when our known Universe was "born".

Before the singularity, who knows. I sure don't and I'm happy to admit that, the mysteries make life a lot more fun.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
No evidence and misunderstanding of the concepts -> likely trolling for attention

Here is some advice anyways. While you may or may not have some points in there, it is ipossible to tell without a solid foundation to back those ideas. You need to start from facts or else you are building a house of cards that will fall at the slightest brease.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I understood him? maybe some just dont wont to.
atheists say they dont believe in god?
then why are some de’baptizing them self’s
with hair dryers?
they must believe in it to do this.

Not all atheist are the same.
and they each have there own beliefs.
maybe they should make a belief system.
atheists are like Vulcan's.
and what is wrong with having science as a religion?
you can become immortal and all the
other god things with science.
computers god of atheist.
or maybe the bump machine?
hadron collider.

if god is the universe.
then antimatter must be satan!
put the two together and they annihilate each other.
so mater can be destroyed.
and god...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here's another opinion that hijacks the word 'truth' again. All camps, whether religious or not, play off this word as if it commands some universal law that explains everything through blind acceptance. I will be honest, it bothers me. Having had discussions with both religious and non-religious folk, this ugly words appears too many times.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I understood him? maybe some just dont wont to.
atheists say they dont believe in god?
then why are some de’baptizing them self’s
with hair dryers?
they must believe in it to do this.

Because it was a joke, do you have humor in heaven?

Not all atheist are the same.
and they each have there own beliefs.
maybe they should make a belief system.
atheists are like Vulcan's.
and what is wrong with having science as a religion?
other god things with science.
computers god of atheist.
or maybe the bump machine?
hadron collider.

Atheism isn't a belief system, that is ignorance.
The only thing that defines atheism is a lack of belief in a deity, that is ALL.
I'd like to know why you think people being different from others is a bad thing though.

if god is the universe.
then antimatter must be satan!
put the two together and they annihilate each other.
so mater can be destroyed.
and god...

Go ahead and believe that, but you have to realize that it has 0 evidence to support it, only conjecture and deep sounding spiritual talk.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"...Because everything is nothing,
and emptiness isn't everything,
this reality is really just a ------ up dream,
with the flesh and the blood that you call your soul,
flip it inside out, it's a big black hole,
take your money burn it up like an asteroid,
possession, though you're never gonna feel the void,
take it away and learn your best lesson,
the heart, the soul, the life, the passion ..."

paparoach
between angels and insects

[edit on 20-7-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

"...and what is wrong with having science as a religion?
other god things with science. "

Brilliant

Because Science , which covers 'the all' , should never be allowed to be on par with religion , as it would dominate and conquer religion in due course .

The answer to your question is to be found directly below your question .

Brilliant

[edit on 20-7-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Atheists are so stupid - I mean, if Zeus doesnt make the lightening .. who does?

Its so obvious, stupid atheists.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Not a conspiracy.
Just yet another commentary.
And a very tangential and erratic one at that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join