It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is a fraud.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Don't feed the trolls

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
YOu can explain your god anyway you want to. Regardless it is still unprovable and , from what it sounds like, vague. So why even say what you believe is god even has the capability of any sense perception?

Atheism is not fraudulent by any means.... especially if you are so arrogantly going to proclaim your opinion on god legit.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Back for more.
No offence, I didn't meant to make grit theirs teeth while reading this.

So why even say what you believe is god even has the capability of any sense perception? Atheism is not fraudulent by any means.... especially if you are so arrogantly going to proclaim your opinion on god legit.

I can say whatever I want, I do not come from the dogmatic perspective that you do.
How do you trace the source of your morality and individual consciousness?
You are welcome to clarify any of that but I don't think you can do it. Prove to me that atheism is not fraud.
Where do you draw the line with your perspective? Are you for real?
Then you regard spirituality as bad thing. Maybe you don't like to call it that, but that is how you speak of it.
It is quite clear from reading your claims that the your ideology is founded on beliefs (lack of) that are by any measure, delusional.
Previously, you said you venerated nothing. But you fail to see how you can venerate any progress and at the same time think that human evolution is based on lies.
To you the Universe is just a work of fiction. Spirits, psychic abilities, aliens, UFOs do not exist.
You just dismiss all completely and call it 'new age mumbo jumbo' like if it wasn't important to learn anything about it.
Your efforts to try and rate your own responses are also funny, but unlikely to convince me.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by IamBoon

Back for more.
No offence, I didn't meant to make grit theirs teeth while reading this.

So why even say what you believe is god even has the capability of any sense perception? Atheism is not fraudulent by any means.... especially if you are so arrogantly going to proclaim your opinion on god legit.

I can say whatever I want, I do not come from the dogmatic perspective that you do.
How do you trace the source of your morality and individual consciousness?
You are welcome to clarify any of that but I don't think you can do it. Prove to me that atheism is not fraud.
Where do you draw the line with your perspective? Are you for real?
Then you regard spirituality as bad thing. Maybe you don't like to call it that, but that is how you speak of it.
It is quite clear from reading your claims that the your ideology is founded on beliefs (lack of) that are by any measure, delusional.
Previously, you said you venerated nothing. But I fail to see how you can venerate any progress and at the same time think that human evolution is based on lies.
To you the Universe is just a work of fiction. Spirits, psychic abilities, aliens, UFOs do not exist.
You just dismiss all completely and call it 'new age mumbo jumbo' like if it wasn't important to learn anything about it.
Your efforts to try and rate your own responses are also funny, but unlikely to convince me.

Wow, misguided lil assasin, you just killed yourself. First off how and why do you presume I am dogmatic?

Secondly , morality has been ever evolving, and is so to this day . It depends on culture , resources, religion , and the frequency of war. Where do you suppose you get YOUR morality from? It ain't no damn religion , just read the books! And if you wnat to go AGAINST the books then your god's word is wrong or you are disobeying him directly.

And Atheism is not fraudulent. If it is than any belief about the supernatural is also. You see my misguided little friend , either veiwpoint cannot be proved without any doubt. THta is why it is called a belief. However , Atheism as a viewpoint in regards to common religion is not. You see religion are based on books.... if book is self-contradicting , malevolent , and edited too much then what basis as an authority does it provide? You can either come up with good arguments for God or bad ones... and you sir have some really crappy arguments.

I never said evolution was anything but truth.... that proves your beliefs are delusional. My beliefs are founded on logic and reason , with as little bias as I can muster being the subjective animal I am. YOu on the other hand think you have it all figured out when you haven't even took the puzzle out of the box.

And yes, everything REAL must be non fiction. The universe is non-fictitious. What are you smoking..... are you arguing the universe is fiction? If you talking about spirits , aliens, and psychic abilities then yes that is fiction because there is NO proof that substantiates any measurable property of any of those subjects.... kinda like "god". You just got to look at good , reliable, substantial and undeniable evidence . Too bad anyone who believes in those subjects can provide neither. LAck of evidence IS a lack of certainty.

Just merely reading your reply was amusing and would lead me to assume that you hallucinate frequently and take paranoia medicine , and also need to read a hell of a lot more.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Everyone knows that a lot of social constructs, it's about the way you work collectively, and what is BEHIND it that I am giving light to. Although very much of your information is also not correct and designed to trap people into a fake belief system. You cannot define yourselves, therefor you just 'dissect' everything else. You choose this way to support your 'claims'. I do perceive a problem in that anyone who tries to criticize you, but you also run the risk of undermining your own arguments by not having any factual basis behind them. If your not a fraud, what are you really?

You make no room for individual consciousness to exist and the rite for an individual to pursue their spiritual evolution, and FREE-WILL. The way your perspective uses and suppress progress is harmful. That's not exactly news. So what makes you think you can change in the nature of man trough oppression? And what would the standards be I wonder. zzzz

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Instead of making stuff up and proclaiming that I do all these things , you would be wise to ask first. As I will just make you look foolish like the replay to your last rant.

There is nothing behind morality that cannot be explained using other tools other than resorting to something that requires a bigger explanation such as god gets us nowhere anyhow. If we got our morality from any of the worlds major religions a whole lot more death and injustice would be going on.

What make you think YOU do not oppress?

What makes you think I cannot, or other atheists cannot define themselves.... whne you do it fine? ATHEISTS....

Why do you assume so much and then neglect to mention the very way your veiws are the same way? Actually worse than mine.

Who ever said anything about not condoning individualism.?

Instead of asking dumb questions and presuming your right , why not answer the questions in my first reply?

If you are not a fraud then what are YOU?

You should just really stop talking altogether because it just hurts to hear it. Not being mean but your arguments are terribly infantile and are constructed with a mind of a 10 year-old with ADHD.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by IamBoon]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The OPs opinion falls flat on its face when you come to the realisation he's redefining the meaning of words.

Would be like me saying "Atheism is a fraud, God is just another name for table salt"... It's hogwash.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I was interested in discussing your philosophy. Has beings we need to be given freedom to explore whatever we want to and to experience things on other levels of existence.
I'm just looking at your behaviour, dynamics and the way you work as a group. You suppress all those things.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

anti-Evolution

'Atheists' would rather prefer for humanity to be devoured by technology, than to evolve into other realms in consciousness & spiritual evolution.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

I wouldn't. Last I checked I was an atheist. Thanks for speaking on my behalf though.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

What type of Pantheist are you ? Please go back and answer the questions I've asked .

They are all valid questions .

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I'm pantheist and that's it.
The Universe is infinite there are infinite possibilities. Don't really feel the need to dissect something that is already correct. And yes the Universe is an Organism, to all the people that saying is not, offcourse the universe is alive.
You trace morality within yourself, we all have an essence of our own, we are all on different levels of development. That's consciousness.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivine

Thanks for speaking on my behalf though.

The Op tends to have a dialogue with himself... and then attacks others for his own inability to form cognitive thought. The generalisations are also tell-tale signs of the Ops inability to process information in a more detailed manner.

At the end of the day... you just have to laugh!

IRM

[edit on 21/7/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have to say I am really enjoying this thread. It is much the same as watching my cat with the laser pointer. She can see that something is there. She can look at it from different angles. The fact that she keeps trying to get it just shows that

...no matter how many swings she takes, she is never going to understand that she just cannot grasp it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Want some more? Here.
'Atheists' often claim that 'atheism' is the default position. Everyone is born an 'atheist'.
Could be. But the fact is that you cannot compare the intellect of a baby with the intellect of a grown up man. You confuse 'atheism' with actual learning process.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Want some more? Here.
'Atheists' often claim that 'atheism' is the default position. Everyone is born an 'atheist'.
Could be. But the fact is that you cannot compare the intellect of a baby with the intellect of a grown up man. You confuse 'atheism' with actual learning process.

Ok how does that explain grown up men / women who have either 'converted' to atheism or have remained atheists all their lives?

Or am i finding flaws in your already doubtful logic?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by okbmd

I'm pantheist and that's it.
The Universe is infinite there are infinite possibilities. Don't really feel the need to dissect something that is already correct. And yes the Universe is an Organism, to all the people that saying is not, offcourse the universe is alive.
You trace morality within yourself, we all have an essence of our own, we are all on different levels of development. That's consciousness.

I am betting more on the universe being infinite with 1 possible universe. As for saying it is conscious.. it is fraudulent to deduce so without an argument for the idea.

And yous till haven't had a valid rebuttal to any of my questions. Most likely cause you cannot come up with any.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I wouldn't worry about it - he's not answered any of the intelligent and logical questions.

I'm thinking either Troll, or someone who has something to prove (although ironically he / she cannot actually prove it)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

ACtually what is being said in regards to your statement is that when born a human cannot process much about its environment , let alone any belief system . So belief in an infant with regards to any religion is pretty much absent making the baby a born Atheist.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon

ACtually what is being said in regards to your statement is that when born a human cannot process much about its environment , let alone any belief system . So belief in an infant with regards to any religion is pretty much absent making the baby a born Atheist.

Well except in times of lack of knowledge - - - man questions.

Man wants answers of why he exists - why the sky is blue - why a tree bears fruit.

In times of lack of knowledge - - man invents a reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
religion is a fraud.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join