It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is a fraud.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
reply to post by solomons path

There is no evidence saying a god /gods do not exist either. If just saying the god/gods exist just to exist that is and I would hardly call something that exists outside of perception a "god". Certain criteria have to be met for some entity to be labeled a god I would presume, and that is where the odds of this being existing go towards impossible to logically retarded.

Atheism is a belief, just not a blind , inconsistent , illogical, and perceptually incoherent belief like most theistic philosophy is.

Atheism is NOT A BELIEF!!!!!!!!!

The definition is even posted above for crying out loud. I understand why it can be confusing to the faithful sheep but most of the people on ATS that do not get it seem too bright for this.

Atheism is a LACK of belief. That is it. It is not the belief that your god or any god does not exist. It is the lack of belief that any gods exist. Much like the lack of belief in leprechauns is NOT a belief.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by IamBoon

You are assuming agnostics chose that line because they are afraid of the possibility that a vengeful god will punish them if they're categorically claiming there is no god. That's NOT the reason most agnostics become agnostics. They are agnostics because it makes SENSE. Right now we have zero evidence of the existence of any god (Christian version, Allah, the mighty jungle frog god of the people in Papua New Guinea...any god really) but at the same time, we can't rule it out completely. So it makes total SENSE to claim we just don't know.

It's not something agnostics do out of fear, it's something they chose because the fact that we just don't know reflects reality.

I assumed SOME agnostics think that way because of an ill fated future. If you read the remainder of the post I state exactly why it DOESN"T make sense and if you would read it and offer a sound argument I would be honored.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"Atheism is a fraud"

i'm not sure god agrees with this statement.

maybe god created atheists for a reason.

an all knowing god now knows "fraud".

or will, whenever the atheists share their sensory input with god.

ats is fun,
et

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

reply to post by solomons path

There is no evidence saying a god /gods do not exist either. If just saying the god/gods exist just to exist that is and I would hardly call something that exists outside of perception a "god". Certain criteria have to be met for some entity to be labeled a god I would presume, and that is where the odds of this being existing go towards impossible to logically retarded.

Atheism is a belief, just not a blind , inconsistent , illogical, and perceptually incoherent belief like most theistic philosophy is.

The definition is even posted above for crying out loud. I understand why it can be confusing to the faithful sheep but most of the people on ATS that do not get it seem too bright for this.

Atheism is a LACK of belief. That is it. It is not the belief that your god or any god does not exist. It is the lack of belief that any gods exist. Much like the lack of belief in leprechauns is NOT a belief.

I am sorry but deductive logic states otherwise. Although I believe Atheism is a minor belief akin to say....you believing you understand what I am saying . I do believe (

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Agnostics dont fear something they cant prove exists. I wont say how all believe but i will explain mine. Ive read the bible the Quran and even some of the torah. I believe there are clues leading to the possibility of there being a god. However there is no proof and im not sure if it could be proved. I guess im a tried and true skeptic i evaluate everything and test it against facts. A lack of facts to me simply means its unknowable and cannot be proved. God may exist he may not but threads like this prove nothing other then your beliefs.

If you can prove god exists id be the first one to go wow unfortanately all you can offer is opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

And if there was a god worth worshiping wouldn't you think it would have revealed itself in some way? Well some have said it has been revealed so start learning. If it isn't already out there you are indecisive for nothing. A logical god would've made himself be apparent especially if it is any god worth worshiping and if you cannot find a "good" choice then guess what? There is not one.

A god must be godly to be god so , what is your god agnostics? If you do not know then you are just lazy about the subject or shy about it. What god worth anything would just sit and not reveal anything yet unless the god was mundane then who care about the god? Logical chicanery is the agnostic stance in truth.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Why do you assume he would reveal himself to you? Whats makes you so special? Theres the problem you can no more prove he doesnt exist then you can prove he does. You believe god doesnt exist but you have no proof. Thus why im an agnostic ill keep an open mind just in case he decides to present himself. But as for being abled to decide one way or the other there is no basis in fact.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Agnosticism is a cop-out. They can logically process the self-destructive philosophy of religious entities , but they just cannot let go of the thought that they might be in for trouble if they choose a no god approach.

I'm not aware of any religion that gives you a pass if you just don't diss them, which is what you are suggesting. In Christianity, for example, an agnostic rejects God just as much as an atheist does, or a Christian who acts contrary to the teachings of Christ does. So they're not really "hedging their bets", and I would guess most of them would agree.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I am not special at all in the sense that we all are!

Why wouldn't the "god" reveal himself if the "god" can impart any kind of will in our reality at all? If we are to worship or form any ideas about the "god"?

If there is a god that even cares about our "soul" or what we are doing would he be obliged to impart law for our salvation? If he didn't then would he be worth praise?

What is the "god" agnostics are on the fence about ?

As far as I know anything remotely similar to a "god" is also similar to " illogical , incoherent , and nonexistent" . So what in your opinion is "godly" and lets use simple deductive logic on the concept.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Some do but most I think are just really lazy about learning theology or what science , history , philosophy, or "god" says about "god"

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Technically I'd say Everything is a belief. Even science - - as it is based (tested) on what is Known TODAY. Who knows what we will know tomorrow.

HOWEVER - - we are not discussing Everything. We are discussing a belief in a deity.

In that context - - Atheism is not a belief - - but lack of belief.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

Some do but most I think are just really lazy about learning theology or what science , history , philosophy, or "god" says about "god"

Lazy??????????/

If I have no interest in god - - why would I study god or any related text of god?

"God" as politics is not about god - - - but about man using a belief to further his own agenda.

There is a difference between "god" and "in the name of god".

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

"In the name of god" directly relates to what "god" you are acting of , does it not? And if god does not interest you or the belief in it then why are you here?

And if you agnostic that proves my point to not having knowledge being the cause of that system of belief.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

"In the name of god" directly relates to what "god" you are acting of , does it not? And if god does not interest you or the belief in it then why are you here?

And if you agnostic that proves my point to not having knowledge being the cause of that system of belief.

NO. In my opinion - - believing in a god and acting in the name of god - - are very different.

NO. I am not agnostic. Something you seem to have a hang up about.

Why am I here? Because its a discussion board.

And - god in government/politics affects my life. It definitely interests me to have No God in Government - as a starter.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits

The absence of something cannot be fraudulent.

Holocaust deniers. Some of them write books that are sold as non-fiction.

Sounds like fraud to me.

Personally, I do not believe that atheism is "fraudulent," but the reason is not that atheism is somehow "privilged" and "could not possibly be" fraudulent. It just happens not to be, IMO.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by eight bits]

Something fraudulent needs to represent something else. No "theism" is not fraudulent, and could not be fraudulent. I understand what the OP is getting at, which is not much better actually, but this is a poor and inappropriate choice of words....and subject matter.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

NO. In my opinion - - believing in a god and acting in the name of god - - are very different.

NO. I am not agnostic. Something you seem to have a hang up about.

Why am I here? Because its a discussion board.

And - god in government/politics affects my life. It definitely interests me to have No God in Government - as a starter.

How does "god" have no part in "acting in the name of god"?

Isn't it "god" you are acting for? Wouldn't that "god" have to like what you are acting out for you to be acting in "gods" name?

What logic are you using to assume "god" has nothing to do with acting in "gods" name?

Must be like something you know about, politics , like when someone acts on "America's" behalf yet "America" and what "America" stands for has nothing to do with it? Right?

Oh Yeah it is called a false claim or lie or just an ill-educated remark. take your pick. It is very revealing when someone defends such an asinine remark not once BUT twice!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
rusethorcain

Something fraudulent needs to represent something else.

I guess you and I will have to rejoice in our shared disgareement with the OP's title claim, and accept that we each have distinct and incomaptible reasons for our disagreement wih it.

adjensen

I'm not aware of any religion that gives you a pass if you just don't diss them, which is what you are suggesting. In Christianity, for example, an agnostic rejects God just as much as an atheist does, or a Christian who acts contrary to the teachings of Christ does. So they're not really "hedging their bets", and I would guess most of them would agree.

Know that at least one agnostic agrees with you.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Atheism does not need invention.

The worst it can be is untrue.

Non-invention - - - does not require invention to exist.

Your words. Not mine.
There has been a steady mantra going on in here. That is silly to compare.
Your doctrine does not define what it does. You 'lack belief' in GOD, but you do not want to know what GOD means.
You are free to disagree with that opinion if you wish.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
You 'lack belief' in GOD, but you do not want to know what GOD means.
You are free to disagree with that opinion if you wish.

Why would I want to know what god means?

There simply is no reason for that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

How does "god" have no part in "acting in the name of god"?

Isn't it "god" you are acting for? Wouldn't that "god" have to like what you are acting out for you to be acting in "gods" name?

What logic are you using to assume "god" has nothing to do with acting in "gods" name?

Must be like something you know about, politics , like when someone acts on "America's" behalf yet "America" and what "America" stands for has nothing to do with it? Right?

Oh Yeah it is called a false claim or lie or just an ill-educated remark. take your pick. It is very revealing when someone defends such an asinine remark not once BUT twice!

Nice "Interpretation".

Often when one "interprets" a simple statement - - rather then just read it at face value - - they become the fool. (shall we continue the personal attacks)?

Where did I say "god had no part in acting in god's name"?

I simply said it is different then just believing in god.

You can believe in a god (any god) - - without committing an act.

You can commit an act - in god's name - for any reason - - some reasons may be self-serving and and not godlike.

To commit an act in the name of god - - does not require any real belief in god.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Annee]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join