It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is a fraud.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
And humans are pathetic...my new webname is "lousywithhumans" I rather like the sound of it.

What might be fraudulent or "unnatural" in any man is the content of ones heart. You cannot replace the required love and acceptance with dogma. This misguided and fraudulent interpretation of our creator and the natural world, might span any theism or ideology.

If you were growing in the likeness of God or in the Image of God as you are encouraged to do - you would intrinsically know belief alone is not enough to guarantee your salvation...for God does not judge:
God shines like the Sun on the flowers and weeds alike.

...regardless of what your Book says.
The Book itself is a lie, forged by men behind the back of God, to control other men.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Let me guess , you hold onto the only true view of god? What attributes must he have. Stating that a god exists is OK , thing get tricky when defining his attributes and determining through those properties whether or not this god is even worth worshiping.

It is easy to believe in god, it is hard to do so in a rational manner.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by F800GSRIDER

Why can't you religious people grow up and evolve a bit instead of being stuck in the past doing blindly what somebody else preaches and look at the world and yourself and see what you can do to make life better for us all.

I don't think he believes in evolution

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
reply to post by rusethorcain

Let me guess , you hold onto the only true view of god? What attributes must he have. Stating that a god exists is OK , thing get tricky when defining his attributes and determining through those properties whether or not this god is even worth worshiping.

It is easy to believe in god, it is hard to do so in a rational manner.

Aptly put, and proved.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

ACtually what is being said in regards to your statement is that when born a human cannot process much about its environment , let alone any belief system . So belief in an infant with regards to any religion is pretty much absent making the baby a born Atheist.

You are taught that things are bad or good, how to tell rite from wrong.
You say you reject ALL beliefs for the simple reason that they only exist to stand in the place of verifiable facts, however, your behavior is an ad hominem attack with no basis in fact.
You are unable to trace morality within you, call it consciousness, call it a spirit, call it what you like.
You are aiming for a major social problem, even you choose do deny the reality of that fact.
One huge clue about you, is that right from the front, you are using the words dogma and religion, that is very telling.
Of course, you try and say that society is mind-controlling you, blah blah, same old.
If your against spiritual evolution then it's wrong. What about human life? Perhaps you think that the thing you call 'GOD' is the cause for human suffering. Therefore you want to remove it, your problem is that you do not know how to stop. You do not know what is what, you do not know how to address things, and will just keep going until there is nothing left, so you need to be exposed.
It's not my fault that you are getting evolved in a dubious belief system, that does not mean you do not deserve to be criticized.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Helena Blavatsky

While living in New York City, she founded the Theosophical Society in September 1875, with Henry Steel Olcott, William Quan Judge and others. Blavatsky wrote that all religions were both true in their inner teachings and problematic or imperfect in their external conventional manifestations. Her writings connecting esoteric spiritual knowledge with new science may be considered to be the first instance of what is now called New Age thinking.

H. P. Blavatsky herself said, that one of the main reasons for the many attacks on her and on the Theosophical Society, which she was a co-founder of was:

"you must bear in mind how many powerful adversaries we have aroused ever since the formation of our Society. As I just said, if the Theosophical movement were one of those numerous modern crazes, as harmless at the end as they are evanescent, it would be simply laughed at― as it is now by those who still do not understand its real purport ― and left severely alone. But it is nothing of the kind. Intrinsically, Theosophy is the most serious movement of this age; and one, moreover, which threatens the very life of most of the time-honoured humbugs, prejudices, and social evils of the day ― those evils which fatten and make happy the upper ten and their imitators and sycophants, the wealthy dozens of the middle classes, while they positively crush and starve out of existence the millions of the poor. Think of this, and you will easily understand the reason of such a relentless persecution by those others who, more observant and perspicacious, do see the true nature of Theosophy, and therefore dread it." [27]

Still true.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just flat out don't believe in god or in any kind of vast universal consciousness.

I have no axe to grind with anyone. I have no demons to exorcise. I simply believe that this life is all you get. Live it as you would want to be remembered.

I will say, however, that even though I don't consider him a deity, Jesus was a pretty cool guy in my book. So were a bunch (but by no means all) of the saints.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beefytee

Well sir, to be honest with you, I'm not really sure about Jesus either. He could be just an alien hybrid. Perhaps we'll never know. I wasn't addressing Christianity.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
so youre a naturalist? look it up sometime. and that has nothing to do with atheists/theists. you probably got outwitted by an atheist on another thread and wanted some revenge here. sad. just take it down a couple notches there bub.

us being a part of nature is common sense fact, belief or disbelief in god were both inventions of human intellect. human intellect came from nature. no god in that equation anywhere so your point is moot.

i just accidentally your whole philosophy, is that ok?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

I can see a future for spiritual evolution. I do not see one for atheism, just self-destruction.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Nice opinion, have any facts to back it up? The only thing that would end atheism is proof of deities, so I assume you have that proof or know when it is coming.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by mav0360

I can see a future for spiritual evolution. I do not see one for atheism, just self-destruction.

Then you're an idiot. A judgemental, unspiritual, masquerading idiot.

No offence obviously, just an impartial observation.

But yeah...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Is meaningful transparency a problem? Not exactly my fault.
Your perspective does not show any substance or supporting objective standards.
What will you do when you die? Are you ok with concept of life after death? Or do you think there's no reason for your existence? This is the age of self-awareness our minds need freedom to expand and explore, or should we just be suppressed to become civilization of atheists and quit our motivation to live & evolve? Do you prefer to have technological dictatorship to keep us all in slaves?
I think your error lays in the assumption that material things are just like living beings.
People mite have some kinda existence but it's not a being. And for a being to be classified as: living, it would need to have an infinite duration in time by definition. That's why physical things don't qualify for the name: Living.
You said you do not believe in deities, but how do you know that a deity is not alien for out of space. Can you be 100% sure? Answer.
Forgive me if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusions, but if atheism walks & talks like a fraud, then it's probably one.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Can you be 100% sure that you are not deluding yourself , or even making a fool out of yourself right now? Can you?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I don't take kindly people telling me "You are on a need to know basis and right now you don't need to know". Anyone signing up for that is naive which probably explains the attempt to lure in weak minded individuals. Your answers do not speak well for me. It sounds more like you are trying to deceive people who might come across the FACTS being exposed about your view, and you want to try to deflect from that.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Gosh, what if everyone has a bit of the truth, and God simply isn't what people have decided it is?

What if science and humanism has the empirical data correct, while religionists have the esoteric certainties that have always been at the core of the human experience properly triaged as being critically important to take note of and pay attention to?

What if everyone is wandering toward the same location, even as they take very different paths?

Why can't anyone imagine that this is what's taking place?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

90% of what you said was irelevant as it did not involve the question of the existance of deities. Atheism is only the rejection of the belief in deities. Now, on to your only question that deals with that. No you can never be 100% sure anything does not exist, but I am highly confident that there are no deities. And a space alien would be a space alien, not a deity.

As I have said, show me the proof of seities and you can call atheism a fraud. Otherwise to say so is simply wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by C09JayLT

You have Stichin for example.
But that's not really my point at all.
It seems strange that you try to dissociate the ability that mankind has to express his spirituality. These are ideas. Its frankly absurd to try and disconnect one thing from another, art, morality and expression and just blame on dogma. You accuse everything and present your claims that nothing has no real value, like if they don't represent authentic development.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by mr-lizard

Is meaningful transparency a problem? Not exactly my fault.
Your perspective does not show any substance or supporting objective standards.
What will you do when you die? Are you ok with concept of life after death? Or do you think there's no reason for your existence? This is the age of self-awareness our minds need freedom to expand and explore, or should we just be suppressed to become civilization of atheists and quit our motivation to live & evolve? Do you prefer to have technological dictatorship to keep us all in slaves?
I think your error lays in the assumption that material things are just like living beings.
People mite have some kinda existence but it's not a being. And for a being to be classified as: living, it would need to have an infinite duration in time by definition. That's why physical things don't qualify for the name: Living.
You said you do not believe in deities, but how do you know that a deity is not alien for out of space. Can you be 100% sure? Answer.
Forgive me if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusions, but if atheism walks & talks like a fraud, then it's probably one.

This reply also speaks to me...and I doubt I am alone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join