It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionist I can prove to you that what you believe (evolution) is based on illogical reasoning, i

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

one massive flaw with your "test" is that it does not account for conscience. The human and the chimp are sentient and self aware whereas all of the man made items are simple mechanical implements when you get down to brass tacks. Just because man can make a pencil does not correlate with man needing to be created by god. Also, I have seen evidence of man creating man many things, I have yet to see any scientific and repeatable evidence of "god". Come back and play when you have some of that up your sleeve.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I wouldn't consider our universe "intelligent design" if harboring life is your goal

Fact is, we have no scientific proof for a creator...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

So OZ are you saying that a simpe pencil requires a maker while the super complex universe with all of its stars and galaxies does not require a maker? Just happen to be?

Hmmm, highly illogic and unscientific don't you think?

ty,
edmc2

Not unscientific at all

I dont see how the creation of a pencil has anything to do with the creation of the universe...neither does the majority of people actually posting here it seems

On was created people...the pencil

And as your ignorance and religion prevents you from doing your own research...here's a simple link about the big bang which you should be able to understand

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is completely silly and devoid of common sense,

So, basically your argument is that human beings are complex, hence they MUST have been created by a Maker.

Well, it's not like human beings magically appeared six thousand years ago, we have been evolving over hundreds of thousands of years. And NO, it is not chance, life has specific designs it adhere's to.

So while yes, we are complex, it has taken us a long time to get this way. Your argument for a Maker has no grounds whatsoever, This thread is nothing but the nonsensical last grasp for justifying your own belief's.

I suppose since we were just MADE, one day, ... the recent discovery of a "missing link" as well as the rest of the fossil record must be some clever deception from the Devil.

While I do believe in intelligent design, none of this is an accident and the collective consiousness of the universe served as a template for our evolution.

There is no bearded man in the sky who waved his magic wand and created us one day.

Thats the stuff of fairy tales, that belongs in the bibles and mind's of naive followers, ..... not reality.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

So OZ are you saying that a simpe pencil requires a maker while the super complex universe with all of its stars and galaxies does not require a maker? Just happen to be?

Hmmm, highly illogic and unscientific don't you think?

ty,
edmc2

Not unscientific at all

I dont see how the creation of a pencil has anything to do with the creation of the universe...neither does the majority of people actually posting here it seems

On was created people...the pencil

And as your ignorance and religion prevents you from doing your own research...here's a simple link about the big bang which you should be able to understand

en.wikipedia.org...

One thing is becomming apparent already from 'evolutionist', they can't explain in logical and simple terms why a simple inanimate object requires a maker but a highly complex and advance 'organism' does not require one.

OZ - "big bang" - are you saying that the universe have a beginning? A caused? Why that's why I know and believe based on scientific facts.

Again pls correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

One thing is becomming apparent already from 'evolutionist', they can't explain in logical and simple terms why a simple inanimate object requires a maker but a highly complex and advance 'organism' does not require one.

OZ - "big bang" - are you saying that the universe have a beginning? A caused? Why that's why I know and believe based on scientific facts.

Again pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Sigh

I give up...if you cant understand the theory of the big bang or what Im actually getting at (or what everyone else is trying to say)there's no point in even replying to this thread...so again I simpy bring back my first post

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12f799e72c57.jpg[/atsimg]

Its true...you creationists really do the above

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
"Scientists can't explain how life came to be. There must have been a god to create the first life form."

Oops, we pretty much have that nailed now.
So now it goes to this.

"The Big Bang theory doesn't explain what caused the Big Bang. There must have been a god to set the universe in motion."

That's a massive leap of logic there Edmc2, I hope you realize that, and until we can use some sort of scientific knowledge or tools to find out what actually happened before the big bang, it's nothing but a assertion, and believing in god on an assertion is really bad thinking.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I have been reading this thread and every time you post a response to someones comments it angers me more and more.

this theory has been explained to you over and over but you refuse to listen or choose not to :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
"Scientists can't explain how life came to be. There must have been a god to create the first life form."

So now it goes to this.

"The Big Bang theory doesn't explain what caused the Big Bang. There must have been a god to set the universe in motion."

That's a massive leap of logic there Edmc2, I hope you realize that, and until we can use some sort of scientific knowledge or tools to find out what actually happened before the big bang, it's nothing but a assertion, and believing in god on an assertion is really bad thinking.

E= mc2

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

So now it goes to this.

E= mc2

The Answer
E=mc2 is a version of Einstein's famous Relativity equation. Specifically, it means that Energy is equal to Mass times the speed of light squared. In essence, it states that there is an equivalence between mass and energy. This simple statement has many profound implications... such as no object with mass can ever go faster than the speed of light!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Not of this Earth
reply to post by edmc^2

I have been reading this thread and every time you post a response to someones comments it angers me more and more.

this theory has been explained to you over and over but you refuse to listen or choose not to :bnghd:

Didn't mean to anger you and sorry if I did. Just trying to see if my test will confirm what I know are the facts.

May suggest not to read my post if you can't take it.

ty,
edmc2

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I think you're failing to understand the whole concept of evolution ...

A pencil does not create new generations of itself - a pencil is made, and that's the end of it. A better pencil is made by someone else in the future.

Living things create copies of themselves (reproduction), and pass on the most successful genetic traits to the next generation. We are self-evolving. Thus, we are a product of evolution.

As for the universe, no one on the planet can explain the true origin of the universe, be they scientist or theoligist. Every explanation is an unproved theory, no matter how good it sounds.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

you don't belive in fairy tales yet the existance of god is the biggest fairy tale of all

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

So now it goes to this.

E= mc2

The Answer
E=mc2 is a version of Einstein's famous Relativity equation. Specifically, it means that Energy is equal to Mass times the speed of light squared. In essence, it states that there is an equivalence between mass and energy. This simple statement has many profound implications... such as no object with mass can ever go faster than the speed of light!

It also says, that mass and energy are interchageable, neither can be destroyed nor created. It can only be transformed. And based on studies - energy has always been there - a dynamic ENERGY.

let me quote you something:

(Isa 40:26) ““Raise YOUR eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one [of them] is missing.”

According to this - God is the source of that energy and has the power to convert into mass.

ty,
edmc2

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So now it goes to this.

E= mc2

That's a fantastic way to ignore my post, thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

you don't belive in fairy tales yet the existance of god is the biggest fairy tale of all

On the contrary, true science and simple logic proves his existence.

ie - pencil vs brain - a maker is require for both to exist.

E = mc2

(Isa 40:26) ““Raise YOUR eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one [of them] is missing.”

ty,
edmc2

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Imagine this:

4.5bil years ago, a space ship with a purple race of space bugs landed on earth to stock up on water. While there, one of them called "Qrzwi-q45" had to take a leak and pissed into our oceans. Evolution took over, and BAM, we're here

The above theory would prove that we have a "creator"...although I wouldn't understand why you would pray to Qrzwi-q45. Funny enough, that theory is about just as likely as every single religion on this planet.

The self-importance of certain believers is beyond hilarious. "God spoke to me...", "It's God's will...", "God will answer our prayers..." and so on just show how important they think they are. We're ALL made of the same stuff, some base elements. We AREN'T special...and no, I'm not sorry to burst your bubble there.

PS: I talk to Qrzwi-q45 on a daily basis. He wants me to tell you that he's better than your god!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

On the contrary, true science and simple logic proves his existence.

ie - pencil vs brain - a maker is require for both to exist.

E = mc2

ty,
edmc2

Oh, I see, the "Energy is everything and can't be destroyed etc" argument.
Go ahead and try to prove that the energy is intelligent or has a mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So now it goes to this.

E= mc2

That's a fantastic way to ignore my post, thanks.

Well we can delve into quantum physics and the theory of relativity but I'm trying to keep things simple.

So do you agree that the universe had a beginning then?

ty,
edmc2

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join