It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Forgive me being a little lazy here, but does anyone have the 'definitive' links for the best available videos? The ones I am finding have often been interfered with (text and circles superimposed, recompressed, etc), and I'd like to get as near to source as I can.

I know that maussan and yturria/garza won't release the original footage (as that would very likely bust the whole thing wide open, and they can get more mileage out of it yet..), but it would be nice to get at some better footage. Anyone know where the best ones are?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

According to the member who posted it, this is supposed to be a reasonable version of the video:

www.in.com...

It's the video I used to take my "shower head" frame grab.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

According to the member who posted it, this is supposed to be a reasonable version of the video:

www.in.com...

It's the video I used to take my "shower head" frame grab.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thanks, mmn. I'll focus on that one. pun intended.

..that guy also has the 08 footage, but I'm also lookin' for the best versions of the 07 stuff...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It is striking that, as mentioned by the above poster in regards to the exposure of the moon, the relative brightness of the moon and the object in question would appear to be about the same (at around the 5:30 mark). This would lead me to think that there would be far more visible detail available with a more normal level of brightness.

I agree that automatic metering of a night scene showing the moon would almost always result in a very over-exposed (blown out) moon. The light levels do seem to have been purposefull reduced.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

This thread has no exhausted the total number of Yachts out there. It is entirely possible for a yacht of the more exotic sort to have a thick pillar between the windows, and to even have some equipment or machinery there.

I think even if the object in the video IS a Ufo then the strange light and optical effects playing on it are not helping. When I first saw the footage I thought it was a flying wing of some sort. At some points it looks like a solid gunmetal grey object made to look green by the moonlight. Yachts seem typically white, and you would expect them to be brighter on video than the object present.

Ok I'm playing devil's advocate here but I see nothing wrong in argueing either side. You do not overlook as many things that way.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afa4969aa9d8.jpg[/atsimg]

I find this interesting that there is a light bright enough to illuminate the underside and yet you don't see anything else illuminated. I would think you would see more of this object below what is illuminated. You don't even get any type of shadow below what you see. That light is bright enough to show more than what is seen.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manolete
This thread has no exhausted the total number of Yachts out there. It is entirely possible for a yacht of the more exotic sort to have a thick pillar between the windows, and to even have some equipment or machinery there.

Here are a few candidates I've found, but some haven't even been built yet.

The fact still remains that nobody with such a yacht, especially a black yacht which it would have to be, would even consider leaving it unlit while at anchor. Still.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48bde4ea8355.jpg[/atsimg]
This one without the radar arch would seem to fit the bill, but this particular model definitely wasn't around when these vids were taken. It always possible it was a pre-production prototype, but that really does beg the question of why it would be unlit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb0b6b27db55.jpg[/atsimg]
The same applies to this Azimut. Something like this with high topsides and a curved canop could easily give rise to the reflections we see in the video, but it would still be showing lights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7df0a25b1e9d.jpg[/atsimg]
Not even a pred-production version of this would have been around in '09.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f872d422b2b.jpg[/atsimg]
This is probably the best candidate, with a blacker paint job, at an angle at which the radar arch is less visible.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Nice pics especially the second one. It just looks mean. I just wouldn't expect someone would leave it anchored without lights. Its not just the money they cost,but the length of time it takes to get one after you ordered and paid for it. I just can't see this being a yacht, I don't know anyone that would leave an unmarked or lit boat just anchored.With any of those pics you would see more than the window.If this turns out to be a yacht I would like to know where he got the paint from, thats stuff would kep you hid at night with no problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Great works guys...

Can someone please post these new considerations to the Haktan Akdogan, who brought up this video to the media? I really want to see how his response will be. It can illuminate us further I think. It would be great if we can invite him to the discussion here.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Very true. Even Richard Branson would have a job paying for an error like leaving a yacht like that unlit. If it got rammed by a trawler on its way back to port the insurance would not cover it.

On balance, I really don't think its a yacht. Commercial shipping is even more unlikely. As it stands I think we have an unidentified floating object. I don't think its flying.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

I have a hard time with this being a yacht. I brought up the lights and how there would be some kind of marker at the beginning of this thread and its funny the comment that has come back on that is maybe they just didn't know turn them on. You know I might agree with that if this thing was 100ft from shore, but not where it was at. I don't think you would find a captain or boat owner that would just forget or just not want to turn them on unless he was offloading something he didn't want anybody to see,But that is highly doubtful.
Captains of these yachts and ships are pretty strict when it comes to there boat safety and personal safety. Just like you said it would be a very expensive lack of judgement. Iknow a few captains that are on commercial vessels as well as private vessels and I guarantee the nav lights and anchor lights are the top priority when it starts getting dark.I have beenaround the water since before I was old enough to pee standing up. Like I said earlier if that is a yacht he may want to give the gov't a call because he has found paint that makes a vessel almost invisible.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok, I e-mailed Haktan Akdogan to join the discussion. He is the president of Sirius Ufo Center and he is the main person who distributed the video to the media and he interviewed the guy who filmed the video many times. I think he knows everything about it. Lets hope he comes here and join to the discussion.
Here is the link to Sirius: www.siriusufo.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just a quick point about leaving vessels unlit... (Not that I ascribe to the yacht theory, but it's all up for grabs currently)

These craft are VERY different to cars. And dare I say it, their owners are very different to car owners, and the maritime laws are not applied as are road laws. There's one very important difference - most of these vessels have exceptionally good radar systems, and they will often have it monitoring continuously - if anything comes within a set distance, then they might change their lighting...

Not that i would suggest any of these vessel operators were not wanting their position known, wanting their privacy, or doing anything clandestine. Heavens no.

Like I said, I worked in/around the marine industry for quite a time. It's a different world.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

I disagree. Anyone relying purely on radar returns to warn of approaching vessels at night is playing a very dangerous game. Yes, such radar systems, particularly those onboard megayachts, now have all sorts of automatic alarms and software that calculates the CPA (closest point of approach) of vessels in the vicinity, not to mention AIS systems, but many of the vessels in that part of the world are wooden trawlers that in all likelihood would not have radar reflectors. Without them wooden vessels are all but invisible to radar.

I know because I own a large wooden motoryacht and have tested it with a friend of mine. I removed my radar reflector and had my own radar turned off. The return I registered on my mate's radar was tiny. About what you'd expect from a small rib with an outboard engine on the back. If there were any waves about at the time there would probably have been no return at all as the sensitivity would be turned down to filter out wave returns.

Besides, for anybody on such a yacht engaged in clandestine activity it would make more sense to be lit up according to international maritime regulations. Such a yacht would show up very well on customs boats' radars and a dark (unlit) boat is, ironically, going to attract far more attention than a lit one.

This discussion here and the video in question is evidence of that, if it is a yacht in the video. Nobody would have bothered filming a yacht anchored up with its anchor light showing, would they?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
I disagree. Anyone relying purely on radar returns to warn of approaching vessels at night is playing a very dangerous game. Yes, such radar systems, particularly those onboard megayachts, now have all sorts of automatic alarms and software that calculates the CPA (closest point of approach) of vessels in the vicinity, not to mention AIS systems, but many of the vessels in that part of the world are wooden trawlers that in all likelihood would not have radar reflectors. Without them wooden vessels are all but invisible to radar.

I'll grant you that - in my region, there are few wooden boats. But hereabouts lighting is definitely not always used - are you basing your comments on knowledge of Kumburgaz specifically? And yes, it may be a little dangerous, but these yachts will also have night watches and other vessels will still be visible unless it's foggy or unmoonlit and the other craft is also without lighting. It is far less likely, ime, that a moving craft might not have lighting, so it may not be as dangerous as you infer (here anyway..).

If there were any waves about at the time there would probably have been no return at all as the sensitivity would be turned down to filter out wave returns.

Yes, but remember we are talking about what are likely carefully selected videos, only 3 over a 3 year period. So this doesn't have to be a common occurrence.

Such a yacht would show up very well on customs boats' radars and a dark (unlit) boat is, ironically, going to attract far more attention than a lit one.

But the operator of a boat desiring to be clandestine will have better radar than the customs/police boat!, and the presence of such boats would not be all that likely at the times that these videos were taken..

Anyway, I do agree it is unlikely, but it is best not to make assumptions that rule out possibilities.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
I'll grant you that - in my region, there are few wooden boats. But hereabouts lighting is definitely not always used - are you basing your comments on knowledge of Kumburgaz specifically? And yes, it may be a little dangerous, but these yachts will also have night watches and other vessels will still be visible unless it's foggy or unmoonlit and the other craft is also without lighting. It is far less likely, ime, that a moving craft might not have lighting, so it may not be as dangerous as you infer (here anyway..).

I wouldn't fancy boating much where you are if you regularly come across unlit boats. The odd unlit buoy I have come across in my home waters has freaked me out before now, an unlit boat making way on a reciprocal heading would turn my hair white. I've been on a few delivery trips to and from Turkey and elsewhere in the med. There are many boats like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0472ed08e79a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a9100458166.jpg[/atsimg]
These are pretty solid wooden craft, weighing a few tones easily and could do alot of damage in a collision. Then there are also very many wooden gullets:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cbc124a763c.jpg[/atsimg]

There is one situation I can think of where a boat would be unlit, but that would be moored up to a buoy. The areas where you are likely to come across mooring buoys are always marked on charts, so its very unlikely you would be surprised by one. A local would definitely know if this was an area where boats are likely to be moored, and the location in question (a good way off shore and with no shelter whatsoever) would be a terrible place for such a mooring.

I've spent years at sea and have never come across a manned vessel with no lights showing, anywhere. Even the fishing boats I've shown above would have storm lanterns hanging on them while at anchor. A megayacht unlit just seems so unlikely to me that to see one in the same area on seperate occasions would beggar belief. Not saying it couldn't happen, some people do have more money than sense, but most of the time flash yachts have preofessional skippers and I just can't see any skipper worth his salt taking such risks. Fishing boats off Africa, maybe, or Indonesia perhaps, but not in the med.

Oh, and about what you were saying about the crew being able to see other approaching vessels on their radar, well yes, but there is no radar screen being used in that video. Even the glow from a radar screen woud be visible, as the reflective dome is assumed to be the canopy over the helm position, where the screen would be. Unless....... yes, it could have the brightness turned right down.

I do take your point about drug runners or similar. That is a possibility, but its such a special set of circumstances it can't be considered likely. If they didn't want to be seen they chose a bad night, anyway. There is a moon and they've been seen from shore and filmed. So amateur drug runners with a new looking black motoryacht (which can't be cheap)? Maybe. I can't really think of a way of proving it one way or the other.

Sorry, I'm rambling a bit now. Reasoning something out while typing it will probably get me shouted at.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
reply to post by CHRLZ

This discussion here and the video in question is evidence of that, if it is a yacht in the
video. Nobody would have bothered filming a yacht anchored up with its anchor light
showing, would they?

Correction my friend. The individual named Andres Duarte AKA Canopus from Chile is
claiming the lights on this video are lights inside a yacht seen through the windows !!
In other words this chilean skeptic claims these are iluminated windows from a yacht
stationed in the sea. NOT anchor lights, NOT post lights, NOT deck lights NOT NOT
these are according to this guy named Andres Duarte: “ Son Ventanas Iluminadas
desde el interior de un Yate” (In spanish as he claimed) Translation: They are windows
iluminated by the interior light of a yacht. (?).

You see this guy by the name of Andres Duarte AKA Canopus actually dismiss any
other reference regarding a yacht like what you said the anchor or any deck lights
NOT, NOT, these are actual windows period said Andres Duarte, the funny thing
is that there are someone here who really believe this crap.

BUT WAIT that is not all dear friend just listen to this. The individual named Andres
Duarte AKA Canopus claims that........ ALL THE KUMBURGAZ videos in the three year
period, ALL OF THEM and I must be very specific ALL OF THEM are in fact windows
from boats and yachts, ALL of them period, this fantastic claim is product of the mind
of a certain individual who lives in Chile and respond by the name of Andres Duarte
AKA Canopus. Well that is indeed an extremely big huge superdebunk by this incredible
individual Duarte. ALL THE VIDEOS are windows from a boat / yacht, comprende?
Compared with this guy Duarte James Randi is a true saint !!

BUT WAIT that is definitely not all my friend with this very rare case of an individual
making such claims, listen to this. Andres Duarte AKA Canopus is a 100% skeptic who
has been claiming through the years that UFOs are not Real, UFOs don't exist, UFOs
are a myth, the UFO Phenomena is a product of ignorance by the people, the UFO
Phenomena is a hoax. All those who believe in UFOs or claim to have seen UFOs are
ignorant, delusional individuals, eccentrics, hoaxers and...liers, this are the postulates
that skeptic Andres Duarte sustain all the time, is he a trustable person? You decide.

Of course as a good skeptic (or pretending to be good) Andres Duarte invents
evidences and arguments trusting that people are idiots since they believe in UFOs.
The question here is who really believes a guy that denies the UFO Phenomena and I
mean completely, not in part but the Whole Enchilada. At the same time Andres Duarte
claims ALL these UFO forums wich may be counted in hundreds are just for the poor
dumb, retarded, ignorant UFO believers that want to exercize their fantasies !!
And is this individual named Andres Duarte AKA Canopus the one that made the claims
of the windows from a yacht? Pathetic.

PROOF OF POPULARITY - There have been more than eight threads about the
Kumburgaz case in three years here in this forum. Some of them grew the same that
this one wich is not a surprise, the subject was, is and will be HOT. More threads about
this same case will come as well with the same results: Rating. At this moment the
counting goes by 22 pages, 435 replies, 39 flags. This is indeed Rating interestingly by
a subject discussed several times before, well it is still HOT and this is a fact despite the
desesperate attempts by individuals like skeptic Andres Duarte and his “magic windows
trick”. Even Duarte is now more popular here in this forum than perhaps in his own
neighborhood tanks to what? Exactly, the Kumburgaz Case.

Let's continue with the party.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by free_spirit]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spiritYou see this guy by the name of Andres Duarte AKA Canopus actually dismiss any
other reference regarding a yacht like what you said the anchor or any deck lights
NOT, NOT, these are actual windows period said Andres Duarte, the funny thing
is that there are someone here who really believe this crap.

BUT WAIT that is not all dear friend just listen to this. The individual named Andres
Duarte AKA Canopus claims that........ ALL THE KUMBURGAZ videos in the three year
period, ALL OF THEM and I must be very specific ALL OF THEM are in fact windows
from boats and yachts, ALL of them period, this fantastic claim is product of the mind
of a certain individual who lives in Chile and respond by the name of Andres Duarte
AKA Canopus. Well that is indeed an extremely big huge superdebunk by this incredible
individual Duarte. ALL THE VIDEOS are windows from a boat / yacht, comprende?

Well, that's just errant nonsense. I know from my own experience that that is not what you'd see. Where are the reflections in the water? Where are the interior details? I'm tempted to ask one of the Fairline phantom or sunseeker owners in Burnham Yacht Harbour to help me out by trying to recreate the scene with a real boat. This is what I'd expect to see (trawled through 100s of images and not one looked like our video):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c0a09a30331.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f3a02e15832.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49263ccc6282.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Look, a daylight UFO with aliens.
gentstravelstag.com...

Now, just put it in moonlight with some lighting from inside the boat.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Good grief. Hands up all those who understand the term AD HOMINEM.

"Put your hand DOWN, Free Spirit":

Originally posted by free_spirit
Correction my friend. The individual named Andres Duarte AKA Canopus from Chile is claiming the lights on this video are lights inside a yacht seen through the windows !!
...In other words this chilean skeptic.. this guy named Andres Duarte: AKA Canopus... actually dismiss any other reference
...the funny thing is that there are someone here who really believe this crap.
...BUT WAIT ... The individual named Andres
Duarte AKA Canopus claims...ALL THE KUMBURGAZ videos in the three year period, ALL OF THEM and I must be very specific ALL OF THEM... ALL of them period, this fantastic claim is product of the mind
...a certain individual who lives in Chile and respond by the name of Andres Duarte AKA Canopus.
...an extremely big huge superdebunk by this incredible individual Duarte.
...ALL THE VIDEOS are windows from a boat / yacht, comprende?
...Compared with this guy Duarte James Randi is a true saint !!
...BUT WAIT that is definitely not all...
Andres Duarte AKA Canopus is a 100% skeptic who has been claiming through the years that UFOs are not Real, UFOs don't exist, UFOs are a myth, the UFO Phenomena is a product of ignorance by the people, the UFO Phenomena is a hoax.
...All those who believe in UFOs or claim to have seen UFOs are ignorant, delusional individuals, eccentrics, hoaxers and...liers, this are the postulates that skeptic Andres Duarte sustain all the time
... is he a trustable person? You decide.
...as a good skeptic (or pretending to be good) Andres Duarte invents
evidences and arguments trusting that people are idiots since they believe in UFOs.
...The question here is who really believes a guy that denies the UFO Phenomena and I mean completely, not in part but the Whole Enchilada. ...Andres Duarte claims ALL these UFO forums wich may be counted in hundreds are just for the poor dumb, retarded, ignorant UFO believers
...Pathetic.
... despite the desperate attempts by individuals like skeptic Andres Duarte and his “magic windows trick”. Even Duarte is now more popular here in this forum than perhaps in his own neighborhood tanks to what? Exactly, the Kumburgaz Case.
Let's continue with the party.

????

The party only just got started... Free Spirit, how about addressing the facts as they are suggested, rather than attacking the character and motivations of those who post the suggestions.

No? Well, OK then.... But if NOT, then YOU need to answer these questions:

DO YOU HAVE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST HERE?

DO YOU HAVE A MOTIVATION FOR THIS NOT TO BE EXPOSED AS A HOAX?

AND...

(EDIT)
WHAT SHOULD WE CALL YOU, Free Spirit? Free Spirit AKA __________(.. go on, you tell us..)???
(EDIT)
(for those who saw this before the edit, I have a good reason for doing this - don't worry, it will be unveiled a little later..)

That entire posting is really pretty rich, coming from YOU.

May I remind folks of THIS showing Santiago and Maussan on the promotion trail...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b5a48c10fe5.jpg[/atsimg]

And note the text:

Jaime Maussan & Santiago Garza Presents ET: The New Agenda DVD
Jaime and Santiago will present an exclusive report of UFOs...
...They will give a special report from Turkey and Italy where the UFO activity has been specially intense in 2009, with new amazing videos...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by CHRLZ]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by CHRLZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join