It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Ziggy my friend!

It's always nice to see you at work in this fascinating forum!

I agree strongly regarding the conflict of interest.

I have worked through some of that here & your post adds very useful detail.

I think the whole lot of them are in it up to their necks!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Thanks, Kizzzy! I do respond well to compliments
, so I'll try hard to get the other videos looked at as quickly as possible. I think from here in, there is a lot of repeating of the same old scene changes, so hopefully i can now concentrate on the "interesting additions" in the later videos, and hone in on the key issues and giveaways.

I DO SO WISH I had access to better (ie closer to the original) footage - this stuff is very hard to watch, let alone analyse...

Anyone here who has access to the original stuff?

"Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no.. MORE!!
Know what I mean?
Photographs, 'he asked him knowingly'...
Holiday snaps?
Could be, could be taken on holiday. Could be...

Sorry, guys... MMN started it!!!

Anyway.. a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

To the contrary.....

I enjoy the detail of your work a great deal.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Ziggy my friend!

It's always nice to see you at work in this fascinating forum!

I agree strongly regarding the conflict of interest.

Thank you, MMN! You are very kind to grumpy Ziggy.

I also want to say that there is one rule that goes before all others when doing ANY kind of invesigative work, and that is:

"Follow the money!"

It seems that rule applies nicely to Ufology too.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I also want to say that there is one rule that goes before all others when doing ANY kind of invesigative work, and that is:
"Follow the money!"

Wait... you can make .. money.. from investimigating??

Righto then!! I'm not doing any more until you guys pay up!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Get back to work you CHRLZ!

Otay, whilst we wait for CHRLZ, I will lay a little Wiki wacky on ya'll.

Zoom Lens Distortions

Although distortion can be irregular or follow many patterns, the most commonly encountered distortions are radially symmetric, or approximately so, arising from the symmetry of a photographic lens. The radial distortion can usually be classified as one of two main types:

Barrel distortion
In "barrel distortion", image magnification decreases with distance from the optical axis. The apparent effect is that of an image which has been mapped around a sphere (or barrel). Fisheye lenses, which take hemispherical views, utilize this type of distortion as a way to map an infinitely wide object plane into a finite image area.
Pincushion distortion
In "pincushion distortion", image magnification increases with the distance from the optical axis. The visible effect is that lines that do not go through the centre of the image are bowed inwards, towards the centre of the image, like a pincushion. A certain amount of pincushion distortion is often found with visual optical instruments, e.g. binoculars, where it serves to eliminate the globe effect.

In photography, distortion in particularly associated with zoom lenses, particularly large-range zooms, but may also be found in prime lenses, and depends on focal distance – for example, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 exhibits barrel distortion at extremely short focal distances. Barrel distortion may be found in wide-angle lenses, and is often seen at the wide-angle end of zoom lenses, while telephoto distortion is often seen in older or low-end telephoto lenses. Mustache distortion is observed particularly on the wide end of some zooms, with certain retrofocus lenses, and more recently on large-range zooms such as the Nikon 18–200 mm.

In order to understand these distortions, it should be remembered that these are radial defects; the optical systems in question have rotational symmetry (omitting non-radial defects), so the didactically correct test image would be a set of concentric circles having even separation—like a shooter's target. It will then be observed that these common distortions actually imply a nonlinear radius mapping from the object to the image: What is seemingly pincushion distortion, is actually simply an exaggerated radius mapping for large radii in comparison with small radii. A graph showing radius transformations (from object to image) will be steeper in the upper (rightmost) end. Conversely, barrel distortion is actually a diminished radius mapping for large radii in comparison with small radii. A graph showing radius transformations (from object to image) will be less steep in the upper (rightmost) end.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0e8d61908ce.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3b656c67d73.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...

A fank ewe[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a10377b05838.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

BTW MMN....I see an optical illusion on your pic.....looks llike the ppl with

binoculars are owls or penguins! Maybe you should write a piece on OI yes?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
BTW MMN....I see an optical illusion on your pic.....looks llike the ppl with binoculars are owls or penguins! Maybe you should write a piece on OI yes?

OI's now!!?? I trust all ewes have been here:
www.michaelbach.de...

If not, I think that will distract you for a while until i get back to work..

By the way, nice post on distortions.. The GL1 has a *very* nice zoom lens (well, it is as far as *zooms* are concerned..), but I don't know how well it performs in that area - that information will be on the web somewhere in a review of it, I'll wager...

But sadly, if it has a cheap tele-extender screwed onto the front, then the word "screwed" could be used in another way. Like I said, that would at least partially explain why the close ups are so godawful fuzzy...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Oh I have that on my fave from long ago...kewl site!

From the looks of the video that they gave out seems like a very poor

attachment to me. Why not a pristine pic? Also looks pretty hazy out there

as well. Maybe some atmospheric distortions? hmmmm

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a10377b05838.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ANOTHERE EPIC DEBUNK FAIL...

There are so many Ignorent post in this thread its unreal along with some utter senseless thinking, Just admit you do not know what it is instead of guessing with no evidence

Originally posted by wmd_2008
YOUR OBSERVATIONS HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG AGAIN

WOW draw a straight line between the dog and the lights an that means the dog is looking at it

The dog could have been barking for any reason or even be barking at something closer in the water you cant tell because of the usual CRAP quality which is typical of ufo and youtbe videos in general.

Yes of course the dog is looking and barking at the bloody thing do you see anything else in the direction its head is pointing? lets see... lets just add up the number of things the dog could be looking at here, 1... twoooo.... No ONE... Twoooo.. NO ITS JUST ONE THING! & blatantly obvious, next your be saying the cameraman is not looking at it either.

Originally posted by diamount
I always thought there was something iffy about this 'sighting' because it never moved an inch while it was filmed.

Yeah because it is static & not moving our technology cannot do that right? what is it if its not a yacht either?

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by serpentine

a superior mirage causes objects to appear to float above the surface of the water.

If the object being seen is low enough, or even over the horizon, only the inverted mirage image is seen.

A superior mirage most often occurs in the early morning hours, when the layer of air close to the surface of the water has been cooled and has a warmer layer of air above it. Exactly as seen in the video.

The lights could be a single vessel, or even a group of small fishing skiffs. The type seen in the foreground.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

You can still see the bottom of the container ship, if that was night time you would still see the lights on the ship floating in the water & above water level, the image would look nothing like we see,

the footage is NIGHT & DAY over 4 days & 2 years was it? how you even tryed to push that theory is just as ridiculous as the yacht theory. there is more sense in a floating ET craft than a FLOATING yacht because its not a superior mirage,

So you are saying the lights could be skips in a superior mirage, right so if the image is inverted wheres the original lights & inversion of the lights?

superior mirage A

superior mirage B

superior mirage C

superior mirage D

UFO

The superior mirage occurs under reverse atmospheric conditions from the inferior mirage. For it to be seen, the air close to the surface must be much colder than the air above it. This condition is common over snow, ice and cold water surfaces.

Maybe you would like to check the climate & sea tempreture of the coast of turkey especially in Summer

Average air temperature in turkey in degrees c
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Antalya 10 11 13 16 20 25 28 28 25 20 15 12
Izmir 9 10 11 16 20 25 28 27 23 18 15 10
Istanbul 5 6 7 12 16 21 23 23 20 16 12 8
Trabzon 6 6 7 11 15 20 22 22 19 15 12 9
Ankara -0 1 5 11 16 20 23 23 18 13 8 2
Diyarbakir 2 2 8 14 19 26 31 31 25 17 10 4
Erzurum -9 -7 -3 5 11 15 19 20 15 9 2 -5

Average sea temperature in turkey in degrees c
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Antalya 17 17 17 18 21 24 27 28 27 25 22 19
Izmir 11 11 12 15 20 24 26 26 24 21 17 13
Istanbul 9 7 8 11 15 20 23 23 21 17 14 11
Trabzon 10 9 9 10 14 20 24 25 24 20 16 13

There is clearly no big differentials in Temps for a Superior Mirage to even occur let alone how ever many videos there are of the very SAME object, the odds of that are Astronomical far more so than the odds of ET life existing elsewhere.

superior mirage, or “looming,” which brings ... senting a difference of temperature of as much as 25” C. culminating near ... inversion layers

I skipped the last few pages sorry if this has been stated.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIORThere are so many Ignorent post in this thread its unreal along with some utter senseless thinking...

...and your post here is a cut above them how? Atleast the other posters went to the effort of rudimentary spell checking. The long and the short of it is, dude your attitude sucks.

Originally posted by BRITWARRIORYes of course the dog is looking and barking at the bloody thing do you see anything else in the direction its head is pointing? lets see... lets just add up the number of things the dog could be looking at here, 1... twoooo.... No ONE... Twoooo.. NO ITS JUST ONE THING! & blatantly obvious, next your be saying the cameraman is not looking at it either.

Ok thanks for that wonderful lesson in dog psychology. Your smarmy little post is actually proving difficult to read. I dare say you have a 'complex' and I suggest you get over yourself. Seriously I'm ashamed to be of the same nationality as you.

As for the direction of the dog's head, meh, it could be barking at the sea. I'm not sure how much contact you have had with dogs (maybe you are even required by law to keep your distance from them, who knows), but they tend to bark at the sea. Take a dog for a walk on a beach the first time and it will have a mini meltdown at having water charging at it. Remember they have better hearing and I guess the sea sounds like a few thousand symphony orchestras playing Stravinsky at the same time.

I've taken a dog for a walk along a beach plenty of times, and not once did the dog bark at the ships on the horizon. Unless the "UFO" is giving off some bad ufo dog-irritating juju then I do not see how the dog could be barking at the ufo. Dogs' perception of light and colour is a lot poorer than humans, so unless the UFO smelt like roasted chickens I doubt the dog even knew it was there.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi, UFO fans. I only removed the empty lines for a smaller quote.

I took the liberty:
*Ignorent Ignorant
*tryed tried
*tempreture temperature
This is pretty good compared to your other posts. Hey think nothing of it!
No charge for the spell-check.
Actually, we are not through discussing this if you don't mind but that
may give you more time for your spelling yes?
Happy Kwanzaa!

Those are general roles, from wich some description do fit with this person's answer.

Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation.
. . .
9. Play Dumb. No matter what evidence or logical argument is offered,
avoid discussing issues with denial they have any credibility, make any sense,
provide any proof, contain or make a point, have logic, or support a conclusion.
Mix well for maximum effect.
. . .
17. Change the subject. Usually in connection with one of the other ploys listed here,
find a way to side-track the discussion with abrasive or controversial comments in hopes
of turning attention to a new, more manageable topic. This works especially well with
companions who can "argue" with you over the new topic and polarize the discussion
arena in order to avoid discussing more key issues.
. . .

English not being my main language,
*roles rules

[edit on 2010/7/26 by C-JEAN]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Mirage at Marmara Sea 1889 ~ I thought this was really kewl so decided to share it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8b4401d5c52.jpg[/atsimg]

books.google.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Gee, did you find any of my speculations listed by the person with

the great spelling? I thought not.

Happy Kwanzaa buddy! mwaaaah

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/452e22542ae3.jpg[/atsimg]

Wiki: The Black sea and Marmara coasts have temperate oceanic climate, with

cool foggy summers and much rainfall throughout the year.

Great recipe for optical illusions and mirages yes?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Marmara Sea
"A marginal sea centered near 28.5 E and 40.5 N whose primary significance is to serve as part of the connection between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. It reaches 75 km in width, 250 km in length, has a surface area of about 11,500 km , and a maximum depth of 1390 m. It is located between the Bosporus Strait to the northeast (which connects to the Black Sea) and the and the Dardanelles to the west (which connects to the Aegean Sea).
The northern part of the Marmara comprises three topographic depressions. The eastern (1240 m), central (1389 m) and western (1097 m) basins are connected by sills about 750 m and widths (from west to east) of 20 km and 40 km. The southern continental shelf is shallow (100 m) and wide (30 km), while the northern shelf is much narrower (< 10 km).

The mean upper layer circulation is a basin scale anticyclonic gyre driven mainly by the sea level differences between the Black Sea and the Aegean Sea. This gyre is modified by the Bosphorous jet during high outflow conditions in spring and early summer and by the wind stress during the winter. See Besiktepe et al. (1994)."

"An anticyclone (that is, opposite to a cyclone) is a weather phenomenon defined by the National Weather Service's glossary as "A large-scale circulation of winds around a central region of high atmospheric pressure, clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere, counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere".[1] Effects of surface-based anticyclones include clearing skies as well as cooler, drier air. Fog can also form overnight within a region of higher pressure. Mid-tropospheric systems, such as the subtropical ridge, deflect tropical cyclones around their periphery and cause a temperature inversion inhibiting free convection near their center, building up surface-based haze under their base. Anticyclones aloft can form within warm core lows, such as tropical cyclones, due to descending cool air from the backside of upper troughs, such as polar highs, or from large scale sinking, such as the subtropical ridge. Anticyclonic flow spirals in a clockwise direction in the Northern Hemisphere and anticlockwise in the Southern Hemisphere Anticyclones were first described by Francis Galton in the 1860s."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Great recipe for optical illusions and mirages yes?

With a known air pollution problem (due to temperature inversion). One could say it's a superior recipe.

Speaking of temperate superior mirages.

epod.usra.edu...

Though the air temperature was very warm on this day (in excess of 30 degrees C), a very shallow layer of fog enveloped the sea. This resulted in a temperature inversion -- a layer of warm air overlying a shallow layer of cooler fog.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can always count on you Phage....Excellent!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It actually mentions how hazy it is in one section of the video. Good work phage. I'm sure this could have been a factor in the shots where the sea is visible.

I still think this could have something to do with the red lights on or near the horizon: Navigation lights for vessels not under command.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join