It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

I recall the videos of Yalman with his new "UFO groupies".

I also recall the histrionic filming of the "UFO" that "flew" over the people milling around outside the conference as per this photo. The UFO seemed to be utilising advanced holographic stealth technology that made it look like a balloon.

PMSL! It must have been those pesky Alison Kruse UFO's. Snowflakes... Balloons... This technology is simply amazing! I want to see them change it up a bit though. Perhaps a flying Kelvinator... filled with beer that just happens to drop it's payload in my backyard!

IRM

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Does anybody notice anything similar with this boat seemingly cut in half?

Notice the aperture in the middle? LQQk closer....

Add a little haze, nightly light....and bingo. Yes? What cha think? Of

course any boat light would be exaggerated by reflection in the water.

Of course the configuration of boats vary and must be taken into

consideration.

Just a shot in the dark guys!

Inferior mirage distorting islands and ships

About inferior mirages. Word 'inferior' refers to the place of the mirage with

respect to the 'true' object: mirage is below the 'true' image of the object

and is inverted. To see these mirages you need a warm surface, which heats

up a thin layer of air just above the surface. Then, if cool air is blown over

this warm layer, a steep thermal gradient is created (i.e. temperature

changes very rapidly with respect to height). On my observing site (at sea)

this kind of situation is found especially in Aug-Nov on crispy autumn

afternoons. Cool air sets over warm sea surface. Inferior mirages are very

common and sadly - always look the 'same'. By changing your vantage point

you can see how objects disappear when observing near the warm surface,

while at higher vantage point hardly any traces of the inferior mirage are

seen. Curvature of large water surfaces creates an impression of concave

surface, horizon line is closer than normally and distant islands may

completely disappear. During night this mirage often disappears due to

mixing of warm and cold air.

www.polarimage.fi...

[edit on 29-7-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
After all these pages, I'm still not quite convinced that the thing is yacht windows, since nobody has found any images that match up specifically, and the "UFO" is a lot of different shapes, anyway.

On the other hand, I don't think it's a mirage, either, since it doesn't really waver or change in response to wind. It's too consistent.

I also don't think its a convertible, rag-top flying saucer with aliens catching some night air, because it doesn't really do anything. Even the aliens just sit there not moving. And it sure doesn't do anything "alien."

It would be nice to have some original footage, rather than all the edited stuff, so it would be possible to pinpoint exactly where on the horizon this thing keeps popping up. As it is, there isn't enough contextual information in the video to determine where it even is. Maybe it's a boat on the water. Maybe it's a stupid light on the freeway. Or something else.

But without the person videotaping (or the local investigators) being more forthcoming, the only thing I can determine is that it's a huge waste of time.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
After all these pages, I'm still not quite convinced that the thing is yacht windows, since nobody has found any images that match up specifically, and the "UFO" is a lot of different shapes, anyway.

On the other hand, I don't think it's a mirage, either, since it doesn't really waver or change in response to wind. It's too consistent.

I also don't think its a convertible, rag-top flying saucer with aliens catching some night air, because it doesn't really do anything. Even the aliens just sit there not moving. And it sure doesn't do anything "alien."

It would be nice to have some original footage, rather than all the edited stuff, so it would be possible to pinpoint exactly where on the horizon this thing keeps popping up. As it is, there isn't enough contextual information in the video to determine where it even is. Maybe it's a boat on the water. Maybe it's a stupid light on the freeway. Or something else.

But without the person videotaping (or the local investigators) being more forthcoming, the only thing I can determine is that it's a huge waste of time.

ummm why don't you try clicking on the provided link. IMO, I think this

looks pretty damn close! So far it's more than any contribution you have

come up with!

Happy Kwanzaa!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
ummm why don't you try clicking on the provided link. IMO, I think this
looks pretty damn close! So far it's more than any contribution you have
come up with!

Close is close. But that's not the same as the same. It's still conjecture. I don't think it's space aliens. But I don't see where anybody's proven anything.

My contribution is to say that all of the proof here has been pretty shaky.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Oh what utter poppy-cock! It sure does resemble the turkey footage.

It's not hard to imagine lights reflecting off the water to add to this or

the night-time haze as well. This photo cannot be easily dismissed! PERIOD!

This definitely gives one the idea of what an inferior mirage produces.

Oh wait...you haven't contributed anything to this thread. Silly me.

Hey this pic even provided the Aliens

[edit on 29-7-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Blue Shift.....

But without the person videotaping (or the local investigators) being more forthcoming

That won't happen because they'll keep squeezing every single buck out of this that they possibly can.

the only thing I can determine is that it's a huge waste of time.

I don't know about that.....

I think it's worth taking the time to get to the bottom of this hoaxing.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Friends,

I apologize for being late and out of touch. My girlfriend had an accident while vacationing in U.K. and I had to go visit her. She was in critical condition for a day but now she's healing fast.

I came back to Turkey yesterday morning and took the pics right away. They are ready to post, however, I haven't been able to figure out how to post pics on this site. I am quite savy in computers but this is starting to make my head hurt.

I have 12 pics to post and an interesting story to tell about Yalcın. Can someone give me instructions on how to post them pls? Or you can send me your email adress and I'll send them for anyone to post if its easier.

My apologies again.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lupelius

Lupelius.....

I send my most positive thoughts & my best wishes.....

Look after yourself & your girlfriend, mate!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you very much mate. It was the longest and most depressing plane ride I've had in my life. But now everything is fine. It's amazing how things have the potential to change dramatically in any given second.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Why an inferior Mirage and not a actual Mirage jet? Or any other Jet? Could be very well a lit cockpit

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupelius
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you very much mate. It was the longest and most depressing plane ride I've had in my life. But now everything is fine. It's amazing how things have the potential to change dramatically in any given second.

Lupelius.....

That's great mate!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Friends,

I apologize for being late and out of touch. My girlfriend had an accident while vacationing in U.K. and I had to go visit her. She was in critical condition for a day but now she's healing fast.

I came back to Turkey yesterday morning and took the pics right away. They are ready to post, however, I haven't been able to figure out how to post pics on this site. I am quite savy in computers but this is starting to make my head hurt.

I have 12 pics to post and an interesting story to tell about Yalcın. Can someone give me instructions on how to post them pls? Or you can send me your email adress and I'll send them for anyone to post if its easier.

My apologies again.

Welcome back! I am sorry to hear you had a difficult time but I am relieved

to know all is well now!

I don't really know how to post pics here unless I put them in my file and

down-load the pics onto the photo section on my profile.

Good to see you....I hope your work will yield some good things! I am

anxious to see what you have.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Friends,

My apologies again.

No need to apologise, but some of us.. (well me, at least!) were worried about you! I'm glad you're ok, but sorry to hear of your traumas. I hope everything is good, or getting better, now..

I'm very glad to see you back - and I trust someone is giving you a hand? If not let me know either here or by U2U.

I too look forward to what you have got.

Although I reserve the right to ask you lots more questions..!!

(thinks) Need to get to work and finish off my summary... ooh, I see chocolate! later....
(/thinks)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words. I have the pics ready but I still haven't been able to figure out how to post them. I dont mind trying to post them if someone could give me instructions, or I can email the pics to an email adress.

After the pics are posted, I will tell you some interesting things about this Yalcın.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lupelius

Howdy Lupelius, glad your dramas have been alleviated.

To post images on ATS you need to use your ATS username and password to login to MATS (ATS Media).

The link for that is up the top left hand side of each page.

Once logged in, click on the My Account tab which will give you a drop down box.

Click on My Pictures.

Then on Upload photo.

Once uploaded copy the text in the text box titled embed on ATS.

Paste in your reply to thread box.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting ...the bi-lateral lights of a boat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a31914820b0b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Added - I see Chad beat me to it, but here's a longer version...

This is a little offtopic, but maybe it might help others - if there are better ways - please correct me, ATS experts!

First up, process your images - it's best if you want to post them in thread, that you keep them small, ie resized down to about 600 wide or so. (You can of course separately post full-resolution small crops of any areas that require close magnification.)

Once you have them ready..:

1. Go to your "My ATS" page, and then click on MEMBER TOOLS, THEN MY PICTURES.

2. Click on the default My Photos album to open it.

3. Over on the Right hand side you will see UPLOAD PHOTO - click it.

4. Give the image a Title and description if you want, then click CHOOSE FILE and browse to the image you wish to upload.

5. Click Add Photo. Almost done. (If you have more you might like to go back to Upload Photo again and load as many as you wish.)

6. You'll now see your picture in your album. Click it to open it - below it you will see three lines of code - copy the lower line and embed that in your post.

It sounds long winded, but it's not that bad once you have done it a few times.

The alternative is just to post them at Flickr or any of the innumerable photo hosting sites... Then just give us the link to your album..

If all this is too hard - give me a quick U2U and I'll give you an email address.. I am setting up a few sites at the moment and can probably spare one for this, and host the full size originals if you want...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

KIZZZY.....

There's nothing like a bit of boat bling!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join