It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Here this is what he is talking about this one is in Scotland

en.wikipedia.org...

video.google.com...#

Not anti gravity simple optical illusion due to the slope of surrounding landscape. When you think you are pointing up the hill you are actually going down.

There are 2 other locations like this in the UK irrc

[edit on 22-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There you go. This is what ours looks like. So, it's an optical illusion then. Very cool.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lupelius

Yes I have been to the one in Scotland 4 times its quite strange to turn off your engine release the handbrake and your car starts to accelerate what appears to be up a hill , also been to one in the south of England but its not as large.

Of course when on the other side of the road going the other direction you have to accelerate to get down the slope

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupelius
Just realized I didnt answer the other questions. The hill is in a town called Ortakoy. The hill is closed to an area called "Ortakoy Sapagı".

I am not exactly sure where Yalcın's place is located but Kumburgaz is a small town and it seems like his house is right by the water just like mine. İf you all have any questions about the region, pls let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks for that Lupelius, I shall do some looking into the anomaly. In regard to Yalcin's location, do you know what the 'Yeni Kent' compound is?

Is there a location near to that, perhaps a small hill preferably not too high, from which you could take a series of pictures in a 360° scan of the 'horizon'? I'm particularly interested in all the buildings and structures that would be visible as you look around from in or near the Yeni Kent thing. And some pictures of the compound itself, taken from a variety of locations outside it, would be good too, and then there's the beach...
I know I'm asking a lot, but these videos have garnered a LOT of publicity and yet no-one has taken the time to actually look closely at the possibilities. So if you can help with ANY of that, I'd be eternally grateful...

Now I'll be perfectly honest - I think that his videos are a hoax. But I'm very happy to be proven wrong... If that affects your decision to assist, so be it, but I'm asking nicely! And I suspect there may be many folk here, believers and non-, who would be very appreciative of some genuine unbiased local input.. You might turn into a celebrity...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Thanks for replying Lupelius!

Good to see we have a local to Kumburgaz here at ATS now.

I hope you are willing and happy to give us all some insight into the area where you live.

Again, welcome!

[edit on 22/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hello again, No I dont mind assisting at all. I will take many pics and put them on the site so you all can have an idea what it looks like. I actually know where Yeni Kent is. Kumburgaz is a summer vacation area for people who live in Istanbul like myself. It's made up of hundreds of little communities. Yeni Kent is just one of them.

Generally, all the houses are built right by the beach and right next to the houses, there's a highway. On the other side of the highway, there are nothing but rolling hills. When you go up the hills, you can get a view that covers a very large area.

I will do my best to take the pics and put them up as quickly as possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Lupelius.....

Good on ya!

I'm sure your photos & info will add to this discussion.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

To be honest, I dont know what to think of that video myself. It seems highly probable that it's a hoax. At least that's my view. However, it's a fact that Kumburgaz has always been a hot spot for UFOs. Literally every household will have at least one story to tell. I can tell you about all the UFOs I've seen but it would be meanngless without proof.

I dont have internet at the beach house as I didnt want to be stuck in front of the computer while I could be swimming so I'll take the pics this afternoon and put them up tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Can I make a suggestion? I already feel bad for proposing what I would like to see, and what photographs I think would be useful.. I didn't put a great deal of thought into that - and it would not be good if lots of us bombard Lupelius with similar requests... So may i suggest that there be a bit of discussion about what the key things are, and then ask if Lupelius might be willing to help with those, after prioritising and distilling them into just a few requests.. That way we don't waste his (and our) time..

I accept that I'm probably not the ideal choice (being rather well-known as a rabid debunker
) to coordinate such a 'distillation' of what is important to find out - perhaps chadwickus, or a mod, even?

One thing I would really like, is to simply identify the actual place - so I think getting either an address or lat/lon for this 'Yeni Kent' - is it a district, or an apartment complex, or hotel... (there is a Yeni Kent Hotel, but it doesn't seem to be in the right place at all..) that would be really useful as a starting point.

Anyway, thanks, Lupelius!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

excellent
it will be nice to see some first person shots of where this was filmed
hopefully put this case to bed!
i dont have a clue what is on the film, but i did mention it maybe a shower head on the beach when this film was released.
so please if you can take pictures from the exact position and see if there are any possible answers
thanks

[edit on 22-7-2010 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Hey buddy, been meaning to reply to you here, just kept getting distracted.

Lupelius:

I think day time images/video taken from the same spot as the videos is a must.

Off the top of my head right now, that would be the most important thing, since it will assist with us getting our bearings.

The more information you can gather the better, of course it's entirely your decision on how much you wanna do lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i just said that!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I think daytime pictures is what you all need. I will try to locate Yalcın's house today. Yeni Kent is a pretty small neighbourhood so I am sure people will show me once I ask them where UFO Yalcın's house is

If I may request your acceptance for a Monday delivery, that would be great. By the time I get home today, the sun will allready be setting. I can devote my entire Saturday to find Yalcın's home and also get a variety of shots. Since I dont have internet at the house, I can put them up on Monday. I hope that's ok with everyone. In the meantime, pls dont hesitate to ask me specific shots. I am big believer of doing it once and doing it right.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

that will be fantastic
cant wait too see them

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think I forgot to mention that the reason why it's easier for me to do this on Sat. is because I am at the office all day on the weekdays. By the time I get home to Kumburgaz, its usually around 6:30 or 7. By that time, the quality of light will not be so great plus I have to do some searching of this dude's house.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

You did indeed!

Sorry it took me ages to write my reply, so I missed yours.

I was attempting to multitask...which is a bad move since I'm male

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

lol, fair play
im like a kid now waiting for x-mas
i realy hope the pictures will prove once and for all what is on the film
if not then i doubt we will ever know like so many other cases

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

No rush mate.

Skeptics and believers alike should be interested in seeing daytime footage of the area, since none have specifically been taken (that I know of).

Take your time too, like you say, better to do it right once.

As for specific shots, I think some down the line of the beach as per the map in the OP:

As well as some swinging southwards out to the open water will be handy too.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Lupelius.....

Look out for any little rubbernecks in a raincoat that look like this!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2933fd8ffc51.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Just as a bit of a side issue, imnsho opinion the beach images are possibly/probably completely unrelated to the 'dark' videos. I'll elaborate on this later.

But Lupelius, can I make a little sideways suggestion..?

Are there many boats sitting up on those 'stands' that are used thereabouts (like this) along the beaches near Yalcin's location? If so, do some of them have rounded prows, and... what do they look like when the moonlight or foreshore lighting hits them at night?

I'm not requesting more photos, but I just thought next time you are out wandering along the beach at night...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join