It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Use Taser on 911 Caller

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Cops Use Taser on 911 Caller

wsbradio.com
By Chris Camp @ July 13, 2010 3:35 AM RICHLAND, Ga. (AP)

"Two police are off the force and a rural Georgia teacher is threatening to sue after she says she called police to her home and ended up getting zapped repeatedly with a stun gun."

[edit on 7/15/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here we go again. This is why people are afraid to call the police. America's biggest gang of thugs at it again. How dissapointing, but expected. I just saw this on CNN And thought I'd share. Things are getting way out of control. I'll try and find a video and post it as well. A picture speaks a thousand words.

wsbradio.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

video:
www.youtube.com...

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is exactly why I feel NO remorse anymore when a cop (edit) like this gets shot at or killed.

I keep saying.

POLICE YOUR OWN BEFORE YOU THINK OF POLICING ME!!!!!!!

Or keep doing what you do. Eventually someone will be smart enough to shot your sorry ass.....err I mean Peace Officer Ass.

BTW people. 5 stars for my earlier post without the edit? Wow.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ah yes, another cop bashing video, where we don't get to see anything that the "victim" has said or done prior to being tased or arrested.

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Ah yes, another cop bashing video, where we don't get to see anything that the "victim" has said or done prior to being tased or arrested.

I don't care WHAT she did. She called for their assistance and then tazed her for not giving them her friend's name. Boo-Hoo, poor f'cking police. Get over yourselves.

BTW, obvbiously the two cops were in the wrong as they have either been fired or moved to a different precinct. But I bet YOU think she still deserved the tazering right?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I was going to say something else but I will just say this people get what they deserve in the end. If you wish harm on others it is bound to come back to you.

Remember there are bad people in all walks of careers, not just in the police. There are plenty of good cops out there that the media does not shine a light on because that does not sell.

As for your comment though it is sickening that that sort of post is allowed but if I were to respond in kind to you my post would be removed or edited by a mod.

Raist

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

It's right there on the dashcam video. And the cops were given the boot. They must have been rewarded for their heroic efforts by being given the boot, right?

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
... been fired or moved to a different precinct.

Like a pedophile priest or school teacher.

Dont solve the problem. Just pass it on to somebody else.

The "stop snitchin'" thing may have grown out of friends and families not wanting to get each other in trouble but for me it's about not wanting some cop to come to my house, shoot my dog and taze me into a coma.

I've never been in trouble with the law. Not so much as a speeding ticket. I still cringe with fear when one pulls out behind me or makes eye contact with me on the street because I know I dont have to do a damn thing wrong and my life could be ruined or ended because some cop was in a bad mood.

link   
reply to post by elevatedone

We didn't get to see what happened before,but even so there was obvious OTT behaviour by the cop who was shouting "GET IN THE CAR" as he was deploying his taser over and over...You can't move whiost being tasered,yet the cop kept on and on "MOVE".

Bad practice IMO.
OK the woman sounded crazy-but we all would after that many hits of taser.

She was not resisting from the start of the video-no use of taser was needed IMO.

Bad policing.

link   
reply to post by Nutter

A local news story.

Woman calls 911 102 times, for no reason.

www.kfvs12.com...

Sometimes it is important to know what takes place before hand. The police responded to each call and the operators were kept busy.

Raist

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am not a cop basher - but this (from the source) speaks volumes...

Stewart County Sheriff Larry Jones, who came to the house seconds after the last electric shock was administered, later bonded Wells out of jail and drove her to an area hospital to be examined. Jones, who has known Wells for years, can also be heard on the video softly reassuring Wells.

Lumpkin Police Chief Steven Ogle, was shocked when he saw the video. ``I couldn't believe it,'' Ogle said. ``You don't use it (a stun gun) for punitive reasons, to prod someone.''

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What do you think would happen to me if I walked up to a person and tased them a dozen times for not telling me their freinds name? Because these guys have a badge they can treat us like cattle in the slaughter house?

I'm sick of hearing how cops get off so light! Mrs. Welles should press charges on both officers, sue the city, county, and state and set a precedent for others that receive this treatment! And no, I don't buy the "One bad cop" crap! They are civil servants and should act like it!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Mudman21]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

And there you have it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Nutter

A local news story.

Woman calls 911 102 times, for no reason.

www.kfvs12.com...

Sometimes it is important to know what takes place before hand. The police responded to each call and the operators were kept busy.

Raist

So that gives the cops the right to taze anyone whom they want to? I don't think so.

And my comments still stand. I didn't say to shoot a cop. I said I feel no remorse when one gets shot. There is a difference.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I am not a cop basher - but this (from the source) speaks volumes...

Stewart County Sheriff Larry Jones, who came to the house seconds after the last electric shock was administered, later bonded Wells out of jail and drove her to an area hospital to be examined. Jones, who has known Wells for years, can also be heard on the video softly reassuring Wells.

Lumpkin Police Chief Steven Ogle, was shocked when he saw the video. ``I couldn't believe it,'' Ogle said. ``You don't use it (a stun gun) for punitive reasons, to prod someone.''

Source:
romenews-tribune.com...

"All of it's just unreal to me. I was scared to death," Wells said in an interview with the newspaper. "He kept tasing me and tasing me. My fingernails are still burned. My leg, back and my butt had a long scar on it for days."

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Whats right there on the dash cam?

I see the officer trying to get her in the car and she wont go. The dash cam you are referring to gets there after whatever incident has happened that lands her in that perdicimant.

You don't know what was said or done prior to him arriving. The video provided doesn't even let you know what the first response officer has said over the radio when he called in assistance.

For all you know she was waving a butcher knife before he arrived.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
For all you know she was waving a butcher knife before he arrived.

There were eyewitnesses. The cops got fired.

Need I say any more? Or are we still going to side with the police no matter what?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

But now we know what happened after the incident. The Sherriff bailed her out and ousted the officers. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I never said they were in the right (please point out where I say they are in the right) I said your comment was over the top.

You are the type (in your own words) who is happy to see any cop die be they bad or good. That says a lot about the type of person you are. Judgment comes around to everyone at tome time and everyone eventually gets what is coming to them. Hatred is a terrible way to live life.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There again, you are only posting a tidbit of info and it is not unbiased. I think you should raise your standards in what you post. This sort of garbage brings down the ATS website.

Tell the whole story or don't post it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join