It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Use Taser on 911 Caller

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Even if she was bat poo zoom zoom crazy and had phoned 911 all week,the best way to deal with the situ IMO,would have been the carrot rather than the multiple taser.

A friendly helping hand,treatment etc,being the carrot.

Instead she got pain compliance,the stick.

Maybe she had already been offered help and it failed,who knows.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Again, I never said they were right. Show me where I said they were right.

That response was to the comment about not caring what she did before hand. I am saying knowing the full story helps. But this was to someone who applauds police being shot so it matters not police haters hate no matter what.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
You are the type (in your own words) who is happy to see any cop die be they bad or good.

Please show me (in my own words) were I stated I am happy to see any cop die.

Happy = no remorse?

Remorse

1 : a gnawing distress arising from a sense of guilt for past wrongs : self-reproach
2 obsolete : compassion

www.merriam-webster.com...

Remorseless

adj.
Having no pity or compassion; merciless.
Unyielding; relentless.

www.answers.com...

Please show me how having no compassion = being happy. Thanks.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I didn't say that, I said there's always more to the story.

I don't know if she deserved it or not and I didn't jump into a thread and immediately start bashing law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here's the worst part of the whole thing...

Smith now works for the Chattahoochee County Sheriff's office.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

No, but you did come in and in an off-handed way dismiss everyone else in the thread as antagonistic cop-bashers, without even reading the source.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
For all you know she was waving a butcher knife before he arrived.

There were eyewitnesses. The cops got fired.

Need I say any more? Or are we still going to side with the police no matter what?

You didn't need to even say that as my post wasn't directed at you.

The poster I was replying to said it was all there on the dash board and I corrected him.

No you don't need to say more, but I have a feeling you're going to.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Your post says it but in different words. Or did you forget the last part of your post.

It is sad you cannot see human life ass better than that though.

Hatred begets hatred.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I don't know if she deserved it or not and I didn't jump into a thread and immediately start bashing law enforcement.

Well maybe if law enforcement would stop jumping in and immediately bashing the public, the public's opinion of them would change?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It is sad you cannot see human life ass better than that though.

Maybe if they acted somewhat human, I would treat them as such.

Also, what about the police and their view of human life? I don't see you saying anything about them do I?

Hatred begets hatred.

Damn straight. I wonder why so many hate the police?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Again, I never said they were right. Show me where I said they were right.

That response was to the comment about not caring what she did before hand. I am saying knowing the full story helps. But this was to someone who applauds police being shot so it matters not police haters hate no matter what.

Raist

Sorry buddy,no offence meant,I hear what you say.
I certainly do not agree with police being shot,but they should also not abuse their powers IMO.

I think the use of taser was well OTT there though,while the perp was down already.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Well the very first reply to the OP was.

Originally posted by Nutter
This is exactly why I feel NO remorse anymore when a cop gets shot at or killed.

I keep saying.

POLICE YOUR OWN BEFORE YOU THINK OF POLICING ME!!!!!!!

Or keep doing what you do. Eventually someone will be smart enough to shot your sorry ass.....err I mean Peace Officer Ass.

Yep not police hatred or bashing there.

I can see why he dismissed posts like this. Debating is fine but this kind of stuff is garbage. It does nothing to better the conversation at hand.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Maybe if the people they deal with daily acted somewhat human.

See how it works both ways.

Society is screwed up with people not respecting human life.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

No offence taken. I agree it was over the top.

I just get tired of posts that do nothing but bash police in general without regard to the fact that there are bad people in all runs of life. The first reply post was over the top in my opinion as well.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I can see why he dismissed posts like this. Debating is fine but this kind of stuff is garbage. It does nothing to better the conversation at hand.

My post was a warning to the police that if they continue this tripe that someone will someday shoot them. And I will feel no remorse for it.

But, go ahead and defend the police till the cows come home. They treat our human lives like crap. Why should I feel any different towards them?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Maybe if the people they deal with daily acted somewhat human.

Because a cop had a bad day with someone else, it gives them the right to treat us like crap? OK.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Let's put it another way.

I deal with the public on a day to day basis too. Do I now get to taze all the people who piss me off?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Your post was tripe.

I only defend police that are good police. You generalize and place them all in the same boat. When even in this story it was the sheriff who bonded the woman out of jail.

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I am not a cop basher - but this (from the source) speaks volumes...

Stewart County Sheriff Larry Jones, who came to the house seconds after the last electric shock was administered, later bonded Wells out of jail and drove her to an area hospital to be examined. Jones, who has known Wells for years, can also be heard on the video softly reassuring Wells.

Lumpkin Police Chief Steven Ogle, was shocked when he saw the video. ``I couldn't believe it,'' Ogle said. ``You don't use it (a stun gun) for punitive reasons, to prod someone.''

That is right though all cops are bad, right? Of courses this was just some trick.

Again that post says a lot.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Franz Kafka’s “Give It Up”:

“It was very early in the morning, the streets clean and deserted, and I was on my way to the railroad station. As I compared the tower clock with my watch I realized that it was already much later than I had thought. I had to hurry. The shock of this discovery made me feel uncertain of the way, as I was not very well acquainted with the town yet. Fortunately, there was a policeman nearby. I ran to him and breathlessly asked him the way. He smiled and said, ‘From me you want to learn the way?’ ‘Yes,’ I said, ‘since I cannot find it myself.’ ‘Give it up, give it up,’ said he, and turned away with a great sweep, like someone who wants to be alone with his laughter.”

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Read my posts.

I never said that. I never they were in the right.

I was simply remarking on the tripe post I read after the OP.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join