It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Use Taser on 911 Caller

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

And my comments still stand. I didn't say to shoot a cop. I said I feel no remorse when one gets shot. There is a difference.

I don't see that much of a difference. What if the one who is shot and killed is one with a background of integrity who's got no record of treating people with disrespect or abusing his authority? That means one good cop just got eliminated from the picture...the kind of cop people should WANT to see on their police force. How is that good for anyone?

Are you seriously that short-sighted that you can justify your belief that this act is deserved because of the acts of a few bad cops?

Don't get me wrong...there's bad cops out there. Yeah, we didn't see the beginning of the incident to know what escalated the situation to tazing, but it didn't SOUND as if the person tazed was being physically violent. If the cop was fired, he probably deserved it. After all, it's not often you see a cop outright FIRED for something like this, and I give kudos to the department taking that kind of action instead of trying to bury it and let the guy slide.

But to make a blanket statement that you don't feel bad when a cop gets killed just makes you appear as though you've had some run-ins with police that didn't go in your favor--otherwise, why so hateful?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Ah yes, another cop bashing video, where we don't get to see anything that the "victim" has said or done prior to being tased or arrested.

Cop bashing?

Then why are they both off the force, one quit, the other fired?

I don't see how this is cop bashing, when the situation was clearly wrong!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I don't see that much of a difference. What if the one who is shot and killed is one with a background of integrity who's got no record of treating people with disrespect or abusing his authority? That means one good cop just got eliminated from the picture...the kind of cop people should WANT to see on their police force. How is that good for anyone?

Please read the entire thread and my edit to my OP.

But to make a blanket statement that you don't feel bad when a cop gets killed just makes you appear as though you've had some run-ins with police that didn't go in your favor--otherwise, why so hateful?

Actually, I've had 5 run-ins with the police in my entire life. 4 were favorable. 2 Very favorable (the policemen were great people).

1 where I was parked with a girlfriend of mine (we weren't having sex or anything just talking) on a dirt road on Christmas eve (we were in college and just got back from break to see each other). Anyway, two cops followed me out of the road and pulled me over only to brandish their weapons on us. On Christmas eve in the middle of my home town (which is very small so not much crime) just for parking.

So yeah, I'd say mostly cops are good. But there are some who aren't.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

For all you know she was waving a butcher knife before he arrived.

A butcher knife?

I would think they they'd had shot her and wouldn't have been subsequently fired for there pathetic actions!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No doubt that was over the line of acceptable use of a Tazer. No argument there. I am troubled by how many here who seem to hate all Cops and imply they are all this way, which is a lie of course.

The following shows the 2006 numbers and the projected 2016 numbers.

FYI

First-line supervisors/managers of police and detectives
2006 93,000
2016 102,000

Detectives and criminal investigators
2006 106,000
2016 125,000

Fish and game wardens
2006 8,000
2016 8,000

Police officers
2006 654,000
2016 724,000

Police and sheriff's patrol officers
2006 648,000
2016 719,000

Transit and railroad police
2006 5,600
2016 5,900

Out of 654,000 Police Officers, not even counting Detectives, we see what, a hand full of these a year?

This woman was clearly out of her friggin gourd, so I can see how a person would loose it, but clearly that person is in the wrong profession.

I know the Dept. here runs shorthanded because they can not find people who even want the job. The pay is really good also. That should tell us something.

Imagine dealing with the worst that society has to offer constantly and working lots of overtime. Gangs, crazies like this, wanna-be revolutionaries who don't know they are crazy and every other low life there is.

Two cops shot here recently and I don't know why anyone would want that job either. To be hated, scorned, spit on, shot at, shot and put up with gangs?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hm. I was just repeating what I heard on CNN.

But the point is...when a problem occurs, all you can do is correct it.

The officers are no longer there.

I was horrified by these actions, and surely the woman will sue for damages, as she should. This was a despicable act. It's not the first and it won't be the last time we see injustices in any/all disciplines.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I find it astounding how when ever an old lady gets treated like an animal, literally, there is always some ATS cop Mod there to call all the appalled a bunch of cop bashers.

Elevatedone, since you feel the need to like a cop boot and spontaneously defend the tasing of an elderly woman 12 times when the reasons for such tasing was clearly said by the Cop in the video, I just have to ask you what happened to you as a child?

Was your father a Cop? Did he touch you in an incorrect manner...in your no, no place?

I only ask because some times when child is sexually molested by an authoritative parent and nothing is done about it, which happens mostly in homes where the parent is a Cop, the child's mind becomes dependant on such abuse. they develop a warped mind and unseemly sexual appetites in their adult life.

If this has happened to you, I strongly urge you to seek professional therapy, they will give you plenty of pills to swallow that will help keep the voices away.

If in your opinion I'm a cop basher because I am sickened by what I have seen in this video than IMO you have been sexually molested far to much by your Cop Daddy.

Get some help you don't have to live like this any more.....no one will hurt you any more.....it's OK to cry.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I take issue rash generalizations as well. Unfortunately, all cops are going to be lumped together with the "bad apples" for as long as the "good apples" keep sticking up for their nefarious brethren.

It seems these days that Police see all civilians as bad Apples.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Two cops shot here recently and I don't know why anyone would want that job either. To be hated, scorned, spit on, shot at, shot and put up with gangs?

Then why do cops behave in this manner?

For example: What if this was a gang ridden neighborhood and her grandson (who is a gang member with a gun) saw this happening? I think he would shoot them. Don't you?

And that is where I say I can't really feel remorse for these types of cops. Not that all cops should be killed. Really I don't wantto see any killed, but not feeling remorse about it is not that same as being happy about it.

I hope I've cleared that up. Especially for the ones who want to stormtroop my door in now because I "encited" something on an internet forum.

I am not calling for violence. Just stating my apathy to such a thing.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Give me a break please.

Now we have to have sympathy for them choosing this line of work?

Still no matter what they need to be Moral and Ethical in their chosen profession. Which is to Serve and Protect the Civilian.

Not treat them all like garbage.

That doesn't seem to be my problem that they chose to be Police Officers.

Oh and BTW this isn't infrequent. There are about 20-30 incidents a day that land Police fired or in jail.

About 10,000 a year.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The post was corrected so as not to imply that all police deserve death.

The poster Nutter even admitted in another post the error in the original post. After further discussion with Nutter it seems that he is an okay guy who made a mistake in the post. The amount of stars for the original post without the edit is a bit disturbing to say the least though.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

For all you know she was waving a butcher knife before he arrived.

A butcher knife?

I would think they they'd had shot her and wouldn't have been subsequently fired for there pathetic actions!

Jesus Christ!!!

I can't believe I have to explain this to you. When I said for all he knew she was waving a knife I meant it in a sarcastic way. It was an example that he did not have a clue to what she did. I am not saying that she was waving a knife.

I swear stupidity runs rampant sometimes and to think someone gave you a star.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Mr. Tinkertrain]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Jesus Christ!!!

I can't believe I have to explain this to you. When I said for all he knew she was waving a knife I meant it in a sarcastic way. It was an example that he did not have a clue to what she did. I am not saying that she was waving a knife.

I swear stupidity runs rampant sometimes and to think someone gave you a star.

You might try to be a smart person and have a (insert sarcasm) part within your joke on a threads that is already kind of heated!

Seeing how I have to explain it this to you
That might mean that the stupidity comment, might go both ways.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

It wasn't a joke.

I meant exactly what I said. He does not know what she did prior to the 2 squad car getting there. She could have been waving a knife. She could have been running up and down the street naked and she could have been taking a squat in the middle of the road.

Now most likely she didn't do any of those, but do you see the point of my post now?

I like the clever way you tried to use my zinger on me.

That last line was also not a funny type of sarcasm also, just in case you missed it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I just showed you the number of Cops there are. Compare that to the number of these incidents we see. Use critical thought.

In any group of that size there will be a certain percentage that are unsuitable for their position, that slip through the cracks. To even begin to blame all Cops is so dishonest it is mind boggling.

People who hate all Cops scare me more than any Cop ever could. Obviously the group of people who are Cop Haters contains far more dangerous people than any police dept..

Most of us never have a negative experience with a Cop beyond the occasional ticket we deserve. Only those who engage in illegal activities or violence have constant experiences with them and they pretend to be such innocent little sheep. The worst are the fake revolutionaries who have convinced themselves they are the authorities and reject the law of a civil society.

Remove the Police from our society and release the inmates and the streets would run red with blood. Innocent peoples blood.

I often wonder how many inmates we have posting here?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

It wasn't a joke.

I meant exactly what I said. He does not know what she did prior to the 2 squad car getting there. She could have been waving a knife. She could have been running up and down the street naked and she could have been taking a squat in the middle of the road.

Now most likely she didn't do any of those, but do you see the point of my post now?

That last line was also not a funny type of sarcasm also, just in case you missed it.

Why are you guys arguing over trivial things?

It quite obvious according to state statistics that the likely scenario of what the elderly woman was doing before the first set of cops arrived was being teased by another set of cops before they arrived.

Oh but please don't mistake me for a Cop basher....this woman deserved what she got and both sets of tazings.....calling for help right at shift change.

Who the hell does this poor defenseless elderly 3 grade school teacher think she is.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Throw in a few more of these faces
I don't think I understand the point you are trying to make.

I promise you that you will not lose any sleep over this. So keep pretending that you are mad, go to bed, get up and go about your life as if this never happened.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It wasn't a joke.

I meant exactly what I said. He does not know what she did prior to the 2 squad car getting there. She could have been waving a knife.

You are the poster child of IGNORANCE!!

The Sheriff Bailed her out of Jail, then took her to the hospital. I highly doubt she was waving a knife after that action by the Sheriff.

Read before you act, it works extremely well!

She could have been running up and down the street naked and she could have been taking a squat in the middle of the road.

Continued proof you haven't paid attention to the thread.

:shk: Your ignorance continues to show.

No I sure don't but I bet you'll explain it to me! Lets see:

Wait I never noticed you did anything that was funny, hence the first reply I posted to you.

See again you can't seem to get it. Ignorance, try denying it!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Look at my post showing how many there are. Add up all the incidents like this we see in a year. You are in more danger in a bar than in a experience with a Cop.

No doubt criminals and violent people hate Cops. They are the reason we need them, to protect us against the type of people who hate all Cops and lie about how many of them are bad. They want to commit crimes, so they hate cops. I'm positive some Cop Haters here are nothing more than thugs themselves, perhaps posting from jails sometimes.

Drug users and Dealers hate Cops.

Drunks and Drunk Drivers hate Cops.

Child Abusers hate Cops.

Rapists hate Cops.

Thieves hate Cops.

Sociopaths hate Cops.

Wife Beaters hate Cops.

Murderers hate Cops.

Ordinary folk smile and wave and the Cops smile and wave back.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The point you (derogatory name) is that before the second squad car arrived we do not know what happened as it is not on camera.

She could have done all those things as far as we know. She could have ran to the moon and back. We do not know what happened.

The person I replied to said it was all caught on the dash cam and it wasn't. I swear to every holy god in the known universe that you have to be without question the most hard headed individual on the whole internet. I am getting a headache just imagining what it would be like living your life.

ignored.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Mr. Tinkertrain]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join