It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is the best DEMOCRACY (NOT Western Democracy)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by mf_luder

Islam defines a Muslim.

Buddhism defines a Buddhist.

Hinduism defines a Hindu.

Wicca defines a Witch.

So by your logic - Christianity defines a Christian, not the other way around? So the crusades are excusable, then? Cool.

Okay - I guess you're right.

Cheers!

IS that all you have as an argument?

The Crusades?? :WOW:

SLAYER, I will borrow this one from you:

EPIC FAIL!

Au contraire my friend - you see, that post agreed with your statement that Islam defines a Muslim. Aside from the fact your religion is a "fail" as you so eloquently put it - I don't see how that was an argument.

Unless...

A nerve was struck somewhere... ???

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wrong , Islam is NOT the fastest growing religion in America, more propoganda

Contrary to what Muslims claim, Islam is not the fastest growing religion in America, and quoting news broadcasters and politicians (who get their information from CAIR) does not make it true. Here are the facts from Adherents.com[4]

From the ARIS polls, 1990 and 2000, percent of change:

1. Deity (Deist) +717%
2. Sikhism +338%
3. New Age +240%
4. Hinduism +237%
5. Baha'i +200%
6. Buddhism +170%
7. Native American Religion +119%
8. Nonreligious/Secular +110%
9. Islam +109%
10. Taoist +74%
11. Humanist +69%
12. Eckankar +44%
13. Unitarian Universalist +25%
14. Scientology +22%
15. Christianity +5%
16. Judaism -10%
17. Agnostic -16%

Since so many are fans of WIKILINKY LINK

More websites to the contrary

Now feel free to show me your links, which im sure will come from partisan Islamic sites

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

This is gonna hurt, here is a fact.

Islam is the fastest growing belief in America.

MYTH!

Encyclopedia of Islam Myths:

Muslim's claim that their growth rate is 235 percent and 47 percent for Christianity. This statistic came from the Readers Digest Almanac and Yearbook 1983, and represents 235 percent increase over 50 years. Muslims always leave off the 50 year fact to make it appear they are going 235% every year. A simple review of the readers Digest study shows that the growth rate of Islam vs. Christianity is directly linked to the birth rate in

Third World countries where Islam dominates and not actual conversions to each religion. Christianity has always been larger than Islam. These statistics from Readers Digest are over 20 years old. Further, we do not consider readers digest to be an authority on such matters. Why will Muslims not quote real authoritative statistics from certified research groups who show Islam is not the fastest growing religion in 3/4’s of the worlds countries.

Religious identification in the U.S.:

. 76.5% (159 million) of Americans identify themselves as Christian. This is a major slide from 86.2% in 1990. Identification with Christianity has suffered a loss of 9.7 percentage points in 11 years -- about 0.9 percentage points per year. This decline is identical to that observed in Canada between 1981 and 2001.

. 52% of Americans identified themselves as Protestant.

. 24.5% are Roman Catholic.

. 1.3% are Jewish.

.0.5% are Muslim, followers of Islam.

. fastest growing religion (in terms of percentage) is Wicca -- a Neopagan religion that is sometimes referred to as Witchcraft. Numbers of adherents went from 8,000 in 1990 to 134,000 in 2001. Their numbers of adherents are doubling about every 30 months. 4,5 Wiccans in Australia have a very similar growth pattern, from fewer than 2,000 in 1996 to 9,000 in 2001. 10 In Canada, Wiccans and other Neopagans showed the greatest percentage growth of any faith group. They totaled 21,080 members in 1991, an increase of 281% from 1990.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Sharia law isn't coming to the US at least not Texas. Anyone who tried to enforce that backwards crap would be shot on sight. With bullets dipped in pigs blood.

EDIT TO ADD LAUGHING SMILEYS... (we shouldn't feed a pipe dream that I'm sure some Mudlims are having about the US and where they think it should go... Sharia law - LMFAO yeah - that's going to happen...)

[edit on 16-7-2010 by mf_luder]

I can't discuss or debate, but you support your side with LIES?

LOL

EPIC FAIL indeed, boingo.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

MYTH!

Encyclopedia of Islam Myths:

Muslim's claim that their growth rate is 235 percent and 47 percent for Christianity. This statistic came from the Readers Digest Almanac and Yearbook 1983, and represents 235 percent increase over 50 years. Muslims always leave off the 50 year fact to make it appear they are going 235% every year. A simple review of the readers Digest study shows that the growth rate of Islam vs. Christianity is directly linked to the birth rate in

Third World countries where Islam dominates and not actual conversions to each religion. Christianity has always been larger than Islam. These statistics from Readers Digest are over 20 years old. Further, we do not consider readers digest to be an authority on such matters. Why will Muslims not quote real authoritative statistics from certified research groups who show Islam is not the fastest growing religion in 3/4’s of the worlds countries.

Religious identification in the U.S.:

. 76.5% (159 million) of Americans identify themselves as Christian. This is a major slide from 86.2% in 1990. Identification with Christianity has suffered a loss of 9.7 percentage points in 11 years -- about 0.9 percentage points per year. This decline is identical to that observed in Canada between 1981 and 2001.

. 52% of Americans identified themselves as Protestant.

. 24.5% are Roman Catholic.

. 1.3% are Jewish.

.0.5% are Muslim, followers of Islam.

. fastest growing religion (in terms of percentage) is Wicca -- a Neopagan religion that is sometimes referred to as Witchcraft. Numbers of adherents went from 8,000 in 1990 to 134,000 in 2001. Their numbers of adherents are doubling about every 30 months. 4,5 Wiccans in Australia have a very similar growth pattern, from fewer than 2,000 in 1996 to 9,000 in 2001. 10 In Canada, Wiccans and other Neopagans showed the greatest percentage growth of any faith group. They totaled 21,080 members in 1991, an increase of 281% from 1990.

Sad thing is - the witches make more sense than just about any other religion I've studied.

Funny isn't it?

Maybe that's why they were demonized by the fledgling Christians. Fear.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The Koran is a holy book. This is fact, it is the truth, and funny how you use it for when you want to make a point, yet refuse to accept what is.

You judge a book, based on its contents.

•The Qur’an (pronounced ; القرآن ', literally “the recitation”) is the central religious verbal text of Islam, also sometimes transliterated as Quran, Qur’ān, Koran, Al-Coran or Al-Qur’ān'''
•A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. Muslims often refer to the mosque by its Arabic name

Yes and? Once again, if you read in regards to mosque it state a place to worship for followers of Islam. See how it doesn't say a place to worship Islam?

clergy who will preach to the followes of Islam to explain what is in the Qur'an and the interpretations of such.

Nope, once again, a mosque is a place of worship, you go their to worship GOD. What clergies do has no importance in regards to our discussion.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The Koran is a holy book. This is fact, it is the truth, and funny how you use it for when you want to make a point, yet refuse to accept what is.

You judge a book, based on its contents.

•The Qur’an (pronounced ; القرآن ', literally “the recitation”) is the central religious verbal text of Islam, also sometimes transliterated as Quran, Qur’ān, Koran, Al-Coran or Al-Qur’ān'''
•A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. Muslims often refer to the mosque by its Arabic name

Yes and? Once again, if you read in regards to mosque it state a place to worship for followers of Islam. See how it doesn't say a place to worship Islam?

clergy who will preach to the followes of Islam to explain what is in the Qur'an and the interpretations of such.

Nope, once again, a mosque is a place of worship, you go their to worship GOD. What clergies do has no importance in regards to our discussion.

I have a question, how is it that I seem to know more about a religion that I have no interest in that you who are suppose to be defending it? Really, are you that blind to the truth of what exists that you can not see the forest for the trees in it? Tell me what do you think an iman happens to be? A muslim Cleric. Where does he do such in a Mosque.
Muslims pray in mosques together, and later there would be some lectures about islam, where imams would talk about islam and of stories in the quran, explain some surahs.
It is the same principle: A person of Jewish faith would go to a Synagoge, prayers are led by a rabbi. If they have questions about what is in the Torah, then the Rabbi would take the time to explain such. Christians would go to a church, and guess what happens: A minister, priest, preacher would go through and preach from the Holy bible and explain what is there. Buddhist, do I hear go to the temple, meditate, chant, and explination give by: Buddhist priests, monks and nuns.
So I have proven that the Islam is a reliegion, that the Qur'an is a holy book, as practiced by muslims, that what you suggest would be to create a Theocracy run by an olgarchy. Facts are on my side, what is on yours?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Yes.. Set up this islamic utopia, get all of islam in one place then nuke it out of existence.. Instant world peace

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Yissachar1]

What if your daughter becomes a Muslim, a legitimate question to a hateful solution.

I have tried so hard to not reply to that post but i cant seem to help myself because you can live in any delusion you like but when you mention my girls? They have withstood the rockets of muslims since they were born'ish... Their mom is jordanian and WAS muslim.... Yeah... A Jew and muslim making babies... I bet you hate that dont you huh?... LOL..

Truth is that NOTHING but shed blood of Yeshua could have bought us together.... I am a soldier from 15 and a half years old as a junior leader in the British army, and her a muslim in jordan, yet after much crap... We are here...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

That being said, what makes you so sure your religion is the right one out of all the others on Earth?

Just curious.

What drives you? Where is your faith coming from? Were you actually intelligent enough to have sought this path for yourself or are you just following along with old Pops and his beliefs?

Ohh, am I intellignt enough.

HEHEHE.

Let me post for you the evolution of my thoughts, throughout my time on ATS.

Excluding the time before ATS.

GOD?? pfft I will make my own
My First Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

How GOD controls the Universe
Second Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

Scientists equivalent to God’s messengers
Third Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

A logical explanation of GOD [wanna hear your say]
Fourth Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

A Theory of all Theories
Fifth Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

nations are conscious beings?
Sixth Thread in ATS, thought prcess.

##GOOD VS EVIL - POLITICS##
Seventh Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

Reality Is Unreal
Eighth Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

What if everyone and everything got destroyed except the Huaorani Tribe
Ninth Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

Computers are conscious? (Ponder with oozyism)
Tenth Thread in ATS, in regards to GOD.

Enjoy!!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I have tried so hard to not reply to that post but i cant seem to help myself because you can live in any delusion you like but when you mention my girls? They have withstood the rockets of muslims since they were born'ish... Their mom is jordanian and WAS muslim.... Yeah... A Jew and muslim making babies... I bet you hate that dont you huh?... LOL..

Truth is that NOTHING but shed blood of Yeshua could have bought us together.... I am a soldier from 15 and a half years old as a junior leader in the British army, and her a muslim in jordan, yet after much crap... We are here...

So would you send your wife that Muslim Utopia then let her get nuked? Or isn't she a Muslim anymore?

I have nothing against Jews and Muslims making baby, you're making too many assumptions, which is the product of hate, hence you generalize.

Just like I could generalize all white people, and when I talk to one white person, I talk as if he would have the same mentality, belief and attitude as the KKK.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Whats your point oozy?

Those threads of yours for the most part died a slow and painful death. Like your argument on this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You play a very dangerous game Oozyism, and I would caution to leave all references of family out of the thread. Religion is a personal thing, and to include references about family members converting is very touchy in that nature. Becareful of the door you open and the question you ask, cause you may not like the answer that you read and could be offended by the response that you read or see.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

So I have proven that the Islam is a reliegion, that the Qur'an is a holy book, as practiced by muslims, that what you suggest would be to create a Theocracy run by an olgarchy. Facts are on my side, what is on yours?

You've a Western mentality where you can't comprehend, or conceive a religion being political due to immense hate for Christianity which grew in political platform for example the separation of Church and State.

The above has nothing to do with Islam.

As I said previously, in my second post of this thread, that by Democracy I specifically meant choice. That ultimately it is your choice to choose whether you want to be Muslim or not. Prove me wrong. One point at a time.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You've a Western mentality where you can't comprehend, or conceive a religion being political due to immense hate for Christianity which grew in political platform for example the separation of Church and State.

The above has nothing to do with Islam.

As I said previously, in my second post of this thread, that by Democracy I specifically meant choice. That ultimately it is your choice to choose whether you want to be Muslim or not. Prove me wrong. One point at a time.

Ah, but I have. When Religion is mixed with Politics, it tends to go very badly, and leads to persecutions of those who dane to disagree with what is written, and history will back me up on this. It has happened all the world over, time and time again. And where there is a country where there is one dominate religion, it leads to discrimination and persecution on a wide scale to the point of the Religious groups use what is written in a holy book as justification for their actions.
Democracy is political
Islam is Religious.
For every point you have brought up I have proved you wrong, you have yet to defend or even look at the facts or truth of the matter, even to deny what points others have brought up.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

Whats your point oozy?

Those threads of yours for the most part died a slow and painful death. Like your argument on this thread.

But you know exactly what I mean Slayer, that the brain is a muscle, that the more you use it, the more you unleash its true potential.

When you let others do the thinking for you, it becomes weak, and sometimes you can call it useless.

And by the way, I make threads for discussions, not for stars and flags, you should know that by now, you remember by old threads vividly I suspect.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by oozyism

You play a very dangerous game Oozyism, and I would caution to leave all references of family out of the thread. Religion is a personal thing, and to include references about family members converting is very touchy in that nature. Becareful of the door you open and the question you ask, cause you may not like the answer that you read and could be offended by the response that you read or see.

Ohh are you serious, let's see.

My family is Muslim, and the individual posted this:

Yes.. Set up this islamic utopia, get all of islam in one place then nuke it out of existence.. Instant world peace

I only brought his daughter in to the discussion, he talked about my whole family.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

that by Democracy I specifically meant choice. That ultimately it is your choice to choose whether you want to be Muslim or not. Prove me wrong. One point at a time.

Can you prove that point wrong or not?

It seems you have either exhausted your brain, or not used it for awhile therefore gone rusty.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There are are few ways that islam takes power.. One of them is the caliphate where the so called moderates take positions of power in the host country... However a mosque is as good as a council building that youre ancestors built because they have shariah law that creeps in. THEN there is jihad...
This so called peacefull religion that wants your soul does not want you free... ,

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

that by Democracy I specifically meant choice. That ultimately it is your choice to choose whether you want to be Muslim or not. Prove me wrong. One point at a time.

Can you prove that point wrong or not?

It seems you have either exhausted your brain, or not used it for awhile therefore gone rusty.

No, my brain is not exhausted. And unlike you I do not mence words, as you fail to realise that Democracy is not the correct word. As I have stated before, Democracy is a political system. The concept origniated during the time of the Greeks.
Islam is a religion. There is a very big difference. And what you fail to realise is that under Islam it will not support Democracy, but under a Western Democracy, it will support someone who chooses to be a muslim and follow Islam within the confines of the law. That means that you can be an islam, but if an aspect of the religion is illegale under the law, unless the group has a dispensation to do such, then it is forbidden and a person can go to jail and or prison. Under Islam, a person can be persecuted and executed for violating any number of tennants of the religion. In a democracy, a person is protected under the law and is considered equal in the eys of the courts. So that means a person can act, dress, walk, talk and say things, in a democracy, their right to do such is protected. Under Islam, a person can be punished for saying the wrong thing, dressing the wrong way, act in the wrong way.
That proves my point once again, and all of it is backed by fact. You have yet to give any facts to support your argument.
Do you know the difference between politics and religion? Can you prove it and support your arguments with facts, and it not come from the Qur'an? If you can not make a valid argument, supported by facts, that are not backed up by the Qur'an, then you have proved that I am right and you are wrong.
Or, to quote you: Is your brain exhausted, tired, and rusty from a lack of use?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
There are are few ways tht islam takes power.. One of them is the caliphate where the so called moderates take positions of power in the host country... However a mosque is as good as a counci building because they have shariah law that creeps in. THEN tjere is jijad...
This so called peacefull religion that wants your soul does not want you free... ,

Where do you get your information from in regards to Islam?

Second line?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join