It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if everyone and everything got destroyed except the Huaorani Tribe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well let's imagine this scenario, let's imagine if only these people survived:

Huaorani tribe men (sometimes spelled Waorani) with spears in front of a traditional Huaorani maloka located in the Amazon Rainforest of Ecuador. The men in this Amazon tribe still hunt for food traditionally with blowguns and darts tipped with curare poison.

www.amazon-tribes.com...

...And the world moves on, we advance once more and then we look at history and examine where humans came from. How would we perceive the past? Will we say there was no advanced humans living in that era due to the survival of only this tribe? Or will imagine every scenario?

What if one of the surviving books is an Alien related. How will we perceive this book? These questions really enlightens me when examining the past. So much has happened, we have made so many assumption when writing in regards to the past, what would happen if we remove these assumptions, what conclusions would we be directed towards.

Tell me what you guys think in regards..

I'm interested

Thanks for your time

oozy

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think the problem is that something other than just that alien book would survive from our society. I mean, if a book makes it, why not a few steel girders, a diamond ring, a few styrofoam cups??

Also would the tribe be able to repopulate the world and get the thing going again?

S & F, interesting thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I imagine a whole lot would depend on how long it took for the tribe to start spreading, and how thorough the destruction was. If enough time has passed, then our cities would have been reduced to rubble, girders corroded, concrete deteriorated. Books would mold or burn, CD's and other digital forms of information would be completely unreadable, if they survived at all.

I also imagine that if, somehow, some media could survive (books, magazines, whatever), the archaeologists of the future might assume that our celebrities were deities. They might conclude that sports teams were really names of tribes, and that there were endless wars between these smaller tribes, sometimes on a daily basis.

OTOH, they might not follow the course we've taken, but go in a completely different direction we can't even imagine right now. So much depends on whether (and when) they develop agriculture, medicine, taming of various animals, inventions (wheel, for example).

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

they develop agriculture, medicine, taming of various animals, inventions (wheel, for example).

The most interesting thing of them all would be if they never did any of those things. They might take a complete different path with a complete different ideology and belief which we could never imagine at the moment.

That is mystery is very mysterious. If that sounds corny then let it be cause I don't know what corny means.

thanks for your thoughts

oozy

top topics

join