It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Now Getting High Off "Digital Drugs"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If im not mistaken, you need special headphones for any of these to work. Most "off the shelf" headphones don't go low enough or high enough in frequency for any of these binaureal (sp?) programs to have any effect at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It is easy to make your own files with an audio editor
Audacity is a free open source program that can do it,
though you have to make it work manually.

Cool Edit Pro or Audition as it is now called actually has a function that makes them directly.

The best would be professionaly made recordings from a reputable source though I think.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

no they do work fine, just need a L and R channel. the process you're working with doesn't call for such low vibrations.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If anyone wants a good program for free

try GNAURAL Generator

It's one of the simplest.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

It's been a while since I've messed with this sort of thing. I just thought that standard headphones only went down to 20Hz (good ones to 15Hz). Alpha, Beta and Theta waves are in the 39Hz to 4Hz range.

Eh.. I'm no expert. I just remember years ago dealing with this stuff and someone told me that. I was more working towards lucid dreaming though, not "getting high". There are cheaper, easier ways to do that

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
If anyone wants a good program for free

try GNAURAL Generator

It's one of the simplest.

Linux, thank you so much! This could empower the world.

edit to add: pclinuxos has it in its synaptic repositiory so I installed it. Which means its in most distros, thanks again.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Unity_99]

link   

I believe lower frequencies are made in the head which ultimately "produce" the states. But I'm pretty certain common headphones work.. I mean, if you can hear the beat, that flutter, then it's working.

link   
reply to post by silo13

Are you seriously implying that ATS does not allow the discussion of listening to music?
You must be kidding me.

Whats next? Kids getting high on being happy?

On the topic: They are relaxing to listen to and can help create a meditative state, if done correctly.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by above]

link   

Not true.
Headphones are helpful but not nessecary

When the low frequence beats are layered onto a regular recording,
or sound is physically moving around the head like in the chair that Paul Mc Cartney used to quit smoking, or in a cathedral
or when sitting in a surround sound environment...

Remember how they used frequencies in a movie house to induce the feeling of dred in the pit of the stomach?
Well they also experimented with entrainment in the movie house then too...

Even light pulses into the eyes will do it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've achieved very high frequencies with those small little headphones, basically if they can put a differnt beat in each ear they work, the more expensive are very nice, would love have one like that, but my kids wreck headphones on a ongoing basis, and though I try to keep my one up in my room, it usually gets compromised too. We have to replace them every couple months. Cheap headphones and free media works just as well as any expensive program, I know I bought wave one of the monroe institute and it wasnt cheap, it is good, but its not any better than what I've been doing.

The word high is somewhat misleading but not entirely in this article. Higher vibrational states can make you incredibly high, light like a feather, and create connections to Higher Self and Family, a state where every question that pops into your head, someone steps in and answers. I had to ground literally, last winter/late fall. I guess it was in December, because that was our only snowfall and had to wait for it to melt a couple days later, since I hate the cold. First thing I did was run out in my sandal/slip ons and run my fingers over the rough bark of trees out back.

I don't use "herbs" so to speak. But, it was a combination of months of era/vangelis and then binaurals/hemisync, to which I added dolphins and whales, for hours each day, and then I added ho'onopononpono, cleansing, thats on youtube, the technique, letting go of duality, seeing light and love behind all the masks everyone including the bloodlines are wearing and taking repsonsiblity for being roped into the dramas here, standing still and forgiving self and others, letting go, and seeing the other as pure, as light, as open to their Source, Higher Self/Creator, however you wish to see this, and letting it go. You can do this with anything, energy on chairs, walls, cameras, people, family, the world.

Well my frequncies skyrocketed and I was in this field of light rapid vibration hz, it buzzed, as if I was disappearing, floating up, I felt this field of myself, and knew we are only slivers of our consciousness, interacting with this suit/model/body program. I was light as a feather. I kind of call that high, but it was an incredible natural high. I heard the dolphins and said yes, dear ones, I recognized source/family/light in many people, and everythought I had was answered, contact with guides, federation type.

While it was a wonderful experience and I intend to purue this again, I do think doing it gradually and in stages, toeing in and out of this is healthy but I knew instinctively that when that was happening, I wasnt going to be able to function too well in the world and fit in.

For others, I would encourage this however, its life altering, gives us real connections to who we are inside.

The binaurals and frequencies are mind work at were all mapped by the Nazis and they studied this intently and turned this against humanity in M'Kultra and television, media. As long as it, and all their subliminal messages stay in their hands, and their hands only, they are happy to be winning.

This is our freedom though. They may have hijacked a natural metaphysical process but we can take it back ASAP and set intentions.

Spoken intentions are very powerful aside from visualizing becuse creation is harmonics. Because our throat chakras are co-creational, creational and manifesting centers. These also set our intentions, free our wishes, so to speak them, think them, write them, visualize them during binaurals/hemisysnc, frequencies, in medtiation, after mediation, before sleep and setting the intention to have problem solving dreams, and to remember them, this is all us, taking back our consciousness.

My internet was shut off the day this occured ,when I was heavily researchign how to create my own subliminal meditational pieces. Then hours later, I had forgotten and I wrote online about this and instantly it was off again. No coincidences, and a very deep rabbit hole.

Personally find that combing this with affirmations and intentions or asking deep questions during it is very effective.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just a note... Binaural beats *require* headphones. Monaural and isochronic tones do not and can be used with speakers.

Not all earbuds/headphones can play the tones which are in some binaural beat presets. You have to look at the specs for the headphones. If the tone is changed, you're effectively destroying the effect.

It goes without saying that if you're using a 10Hz carrier with headphones only rated to 20Hz, you're not getting the real effect, if you can hear anything at all. The Oster Curve starts at 10Hz, which most cheap earbuds and headphones will not play correctly.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheddartoes

Granted, it clearly states that binuaral beats dont effect everybody, but Im entirely positive on the fact that you'll get higher offa the "incense" that have been in the news lately than you will offa the white noise of binuaral beats.

Well, I disagree with your "bunk" call. They affect me. I forget which thread, but quite a while back someone else had a thread about meditation and other things people used to bring about altered states of consciousness, and binaural beats were one of the things mentioned. Having never heard of them, and being of an investigative bent, I decided to try some.

Not all frequencies affected me in the same way, and some had a more profound impact than others, but I noticed a very real change of mood, accompanied by physical sensations that were similar to those you might get from taking a mild relaxant of some kind. (Anti-anxiety, or alcohol without the negative "poisoned" feeling)

As a background, I am a skeptic, not a big New Age bandwagon person, not a big fan of music, and when I first read about them, I thought, "sounds like bunk to me, but easy enough to test." I was very surprised to discover such a noticeable effect.

So....Im just saying. It may have had no impact on you, (and it sucks for you too, because it is quite pleasant, and the benefits last for quite a while after the sound is gone) but it does work for some people, and as skeptical as I was, I would be surprised if it were a placebo effect, (though of course that is possible.)

Edit to add;

It is important to find the "beats" encased in music you dont find highly annoying. (Such as the flute crap (subjective) at the beginning of the video posted by the OP.) I did notice that even frequencies I had already identified as ones I enjoyed could be utterly ruined (and the effect negated) by the music many people set them to, if it was too intrusive, or just generally grating to my ear. A neutral state of mind is better as a starting point than one that is focused in annoyance on music you find appalling.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yea that crap does nothing for me.

I'm glade I'm immune to mind control and my brain waves are encrypted. lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Is your hearing good? I am asking that sincerely, not sarcastically. I wonder, but dont know, if it is possible that some people dont get the effect because of their hearing.

Obviously, as others have pointed out, earphones of a certain quality are necessary, but I wonder if the ears of the person listening have an impact too? Anyone know? Or are the sounds used so well within the range of normal hearing that even those who have damaged hearing should be able to hear them?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Is your hearing good? I am asking that sincerely, not sarcastically. I wonder, but dont know, if it is possible that some people dont get the effect because of their hearing.

Obviously, as others have pointed out, earphones of a certain quality are necessary, but I wonder if the ears of the person listening have an impact too? Anyone know? Or are the sounds used so well within the range of normal hearing that even those who have damaged hearing should be able to hear them?

This can absolutely be a contributing factor to binaurals of specific frequencies not working for someone. This is especially true of the "ipod culture" who tends to use earbuds at what can ultimately be dangerous volume levels.

As far as I'm aware, there's a number of types of hearing loss. In one case, it may be a lack of volume, while in another case it may be that you can't hear above or below specific frequencies. I'm definitely no expert tho.

Hearing impairment on Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This is the first i've heard of it.

I'll have a look...i don't mind being a guinea pig.

Let's remember the T&C (concerning drug related issues) while discussing this subject please.

Audio isn't exactly a drug..so i should think you'll not have to worry about being spanked for saying the dreaded 'drug' word.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
If im not mistaken, you need special headphones for any of these to work. Most "off the shelf" headphones don't go low enough or high enough in frequency for any of these binaureal (sp?) programs to have any effect at all.

All headphones operate within the frequencies you need to experience binaural beats.

22hz to 22khz = healthy human range of hearing, just google the frequencies of common binuaral beats and you'll see that i'm right.

edit: To add - i can't see these frequencies having as much affect as recreational drugs though. The binaural frequencies are more akin to meditation than say an '___' trip.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

As far as i know most binaural frequencies operate within about 1,000 to 1,500 hertz - so ALL headphones and i'm certain most people will be able to hear these upper/mid-range frequencies.

Most ear conditions affect either bottom or top range frequency loss (such as tinnitus) - but almost everyone can hear mid-range frequencies

renegademinds.com...

^^ this image represents the frequency ranges of various instruments to give you an idea of what i'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
As far as i know most binaural frequencies operate within about 1,000 to 1,500 hertz - so ALL headphones and i'm certain most people will be able to hear these upper/mid-range frequencies.

Remember that the frequency of the beat is *not* the same thing as the carrier frequency (i.e. the frequency being played via the headphones).

For example, carrier frequencies can be as low as 10Hz (tho I don't see much point, who has hearing that good) and as high as 1460Hz.

Everyone is confusing the frequency of the beat (which is interpreted by your brain) and the carrier frequency.

If you're using 10Hz as a carrier frequency, your headphones would need to support that, plus of course your hearing.

How binaural beats work is they play a slightly different frequency in each ear, and the difference between the 2 is the "beat" interpreted by your brain. In other words, you could play a 235Hz tone in one ear, and a 245Hz tone in the other, for a binaural beat at 10Hz. If you can't hear 235Hz or 245Hz, for any reason, I'm pretty sure you don't get the resulting beat.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Melen]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Lol what a joke story.

I listen to "Tones" for meditation sometimes. Dose it bring to a different state of consiousness? Of course, other wise i would not be using it.

My grandfather is a native Canadian indian. He would play the beats for me when i was younger on a wiered flute he made.

we would sit, and listen.

Most amazing experince ever.

No surprise the PTB are saying its a bad drug

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join