It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Now Getting High Off "Digital Drugs"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I can imagine that the idea of a movement amongst teens to access their right hemisphere and wake up is really really terrifying him.

But then they're not all that bright, if they really think its just about pacifying people, they dont know what happens if you spend time meditating to binaurals. Alpha and theta are good.

Exactly...

I want to sit the parents down who believe there is HARM taking place, and their kids are going to see 'Demons" etc and have them actually listen to one of the 'I-Doser' tunes like the following...

Then, ask them how they feel - (if they're not asleep that is).

Then to take a listen to this...

WARNING: Turn down your volume!

Disregard the video content, the important part is the so called 'music' that will begin at tick 18.

Now, if the parent in question isn't calling 911 I'd then ask them to tell me which 'music' they'd rather their child listen to?

And we're not talking the 'lesser' of two evils here.

On a personal note? I believe I could be driven 'certifiable' by the music in the second video. I kid you not. I didn't last 2 seconds of it without feeling like something EVIL was crawling through my headphones and at any second would jump into my head. Again, I kid you not.

peace

EDIT = Fix YT link

[edit on 17-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What's funny and ironic is that i have never heard of this before until the other day but before I read the article I was watching the "South Park" episode where the kids are getting high off the cat piss in their face and Kenny starts trippin. The episode was like an homage to the movie "Heavy Metal" from the 80s. Kids are stupid and will try to catch a buzz on anything. If you told a teenager that you can get high if you slit your wrists then rub peanut butter in the open wound while standing on one foot that would pretty much "weed" out (No Pun Intended) all the Dumb asses who think its the cool thing to do. Why can't you drink a little beer and smoke some buddah like the rest of us NORMAL people.

Watch the documentary "Stupidity"
An exploration into the nature of stupidity in Western society and its history of our perception of it.

www.imdb.com...

video.google.com...#

All of us are a little stupid.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
These binaural beats are quite beneficial to people who experiment with them. I don't see a problem with using them as I have been experimenting with them for years. Binaural beats are amazing as they can put you into a very relaxed state. They can also aid meditation which is also very cool.

Funny how the media seems to always portray news as negative when what they are talking about here is quite the opposite.

I would recommend experimenting with binaural beats to everyone.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Teens Now Getting High Off "Digital Drugs"

www.newson6.com

I-dosing on "digital drugs" is becoming an alarming new trend amongst teens.

Web sites are luring kids with free downloads of "digital drugs," which are audio files designed to induce drug-like effects.

The digital drugs use binaural or two-toned technology to alter your brainwaves and mental state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

binaural beats is very old technology compared to what they actually use. Observe people when they are engaged with their iPhones and any other droid/android phone. It is pretty interesting to watch.

Ya haven't seen nothing yet.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
you can cut a tomato in half with a knife, you can stab someone's back as well. binarual sounds are just like that - i'm tired of reading about how beneficial those are - people making such claims obviously have no idea how it works and what is possible. in short, brainwaves are altered, to match desired frequency - it can induce many things, from pain relief, deep meditation state, to heart attack - at least in theory. in practice, brain responds to some frequecies in case of audio stimuli, while it's better to use magnetic fields for others, so the bottom line is, it's a wishful thinking that binaural sounds will always work.

can it induce drug-alike mind state? yes and no. it can induce deep meditation/oobe, which is by itself far better than any drug, but it's very doubtfull that kids looking for fun will be able to focus enough. besides, it works as an aid to reach those states - some work is still required.

can it be positive? sure, hemisync stuff by monroe institute is an example of what can be achieved.

and please, give me a break with youtube. compression destroys binarual sounds - you need a pair of good headphones and either a software generating those on the fly, or a cd audio disc, like hemisync ones, not some compressed mp3 crap - that WON'T work, because the phase of the signal is destroyed by compression.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Like man, Pass that motherboard and let me sniff it. I hear you can get high off that.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I know this story is more or less dieing off now and I probably should just leave it alone but I was just looking at Idoser's so called doses and I can't help laughing at the fact people buy these.

Here is an example dose it's one of the few that doesn't claim to simulate a real drug

Gray-B-Gone / Experimental (Moderate) / 30 Minutes / This is an experimental dose: at 1.05hz the brain triggers the release of our growth hormones. In various labs, over extended use, binaural technicians have found that this forced release of growth hormone has brought intriguing reports of some gray hair returning to its original color, or the seemingly slowing of gray hair growth. This seems to happen when the user is subjected only to longer doses at the 1.05hz mark. Use at your own risk, we offer Gray-B-Gone as an Experimental dose.

So what we have here is a company selling mp3's not only claiming they can alter your brainwaves anyway they want (and this magicly gives the same effect as drugs) but they can actually turn grey hair back to colour just by purchasing and listening to their "magical" mp3.

It reminds me of some hypnosis tapes saw for sale online before that had me in absolute hysterics where they claimed they could do things like change your eye colour or hypnotise you to be taller.
I've actually experimentally listened to some of these things so I'm not talking through ignorance but they all basicly sound exactly alike but they really do nothing well I guess they could have a placebo effect on people who really buy into it maybe.

Some of them also claim to have subliminal messaging inserted but that doesn't make much sense either as mp3's automaticly strip out any sounds that can't be heard as useless data so even if they did add them in as soon as they are encoded the data is lost anyway.

I think these should be banned in all honesty but not because their drugs but because the whole thing is a scam and people should be protected from it although I dare say it would be a very easy way to make money until the first lawsuit.

Just for fun here is one more example I found amusing

MultipleO / Sexual (VERY Very Strong) / 30 Minutes / An orgasm is one thing: after your body is spent and you lay there in complete pleasure, feeling wave after wave of sensations. Multiple Orgasms are when you do it all over again. They are intense, your body is thrown into complete chaos doing over and over what makes it feel good, as the glow of sexual pleasure gets more intense with every time you explode in pure sexual glory. Start with our orgasm dose; it is more than enough for almost anyone. If ritual intense pleasure is what you seek, then it's time to feel an orgasm over and over

Pretty funny

Seriously though people actually believe this ? Saddest thing about this story is the publicity they got is probably making them a fortune right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I know this story is more or less dieing off now

Oh not at all - take a look at this:

I-Dosing: How teenagers are getting 'digitally high' from music they download from internet

dailymail

They put on their headphones, drape a hood over their head and drift off into the world of ‘digital highs’.

Videos posted on YouTube show a young girl freaking out and leaping up in fear, a teenager shaking violently and a young boy in extreme distress.

hehehe - This story is growing more dramatic and hysterical as time goes by...

If nothing else this thread is a great bit of spoof proof how the media not only mils a story for allit's worth, but like the 'telephone game' changes and twists the story as it goes along.

This just leaves me flabbergasted:

But there has been such alarm in the U.S. that the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs has issued a warning to children not to do it.

The naïveté of Oklahoma is downright cliché like...

At least the author if this article cleaned up the hysterical mess dumped all over the headlines with a bit of intelligent thinking at the end of the piece. Of course.

But Dr Wahbeh denied there was any possibility that someone could experience similar effects to coc aine or ecstasy.

She said: 'We did a small controlled study with four people, and we did not see any brain wave activity shifting to match the binaural beat that people were listening to.’

However, other researchers say the ‘high’ listeners claim to feel may actually be a placebo effect determined by the individual’s desire to feet it.

peace

Edit = HL1

[edit on 20-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have utilized these "binaural beats" in the past, and I have not observed any visible effect whatsoever. But perhaps they are different for everyone. I think they just want to make money off it, as they sell the beats on the I-Doser website for rather exorbitant sums.

I am of the "teenager" demographic, and must concede that my peers often seek out experiences with things like this, but I think that this story is somewhat out of proportion.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Captain Reynolds]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
"Sound meditation/w headphones and O.B.E's (out-of-body-experiences)."

This practical observation was made back at the start of the meditation-new age tapes made available at the end of the 60's-70's into the 80's.

Ive played synthesizer-keyboards for over 40 years. I experimented with holding single notes for long periods and with headphones (hitting the HOLD button) and meditated. Slowly but an even intervals...say at 5 minute intervals, I entered a new note creating a harmony, and built that slowly with new notes over say 30 minutes until I had produced a chord. Majors-(happy-pleasant) Minors-(sad-dark-bluesy).

Without getting too technical, enter said note producing a 'major' you would get uplifting and sometimes Celestial feelings. Place a 'dis-chordant' harmony note creating a 'minor' (sad or bluesy feeling), and one would get visions of darkness, demons and hell. In addition to that, if you chose an orchestra sound or say low cellos, and mixed the very low notes with extremely high ones, it intensified the effect. Sometimes, I scared myself. I quickly learned to stay away from dark tones, once throwing off the headphones and running out of the room.

Now, what we have learned since then, is that chordant or happy sounds produce waves in the brain that make us feel happy, and minor or dischordant harmonies bring us to a dark place and darker thought processes.

Considering the close distance between the left and right headphones, its no wonder that the brain waves alter themselves by the stimuli...either positive or negative, major or minor depending on which. Meditating on 4-5 note chords holding, produce angelic visions, and the opposite is true with minor chords. One can produce an out-of-body experience quickly, although not everyone can achieve that. It works.

Footnote: I also tested a theory that with one of those color organs that would flash while your stereo pulsed to the music, with the 13 notes of music, and 13 separate color gels on a light box you could cheaply build, one could "play" colors. I was proven correct many years later when it was discovered that light modulated at certain frequencies. It is definitely possible to "see" a "D" chord, and groups of notes would form a multiple of combined hues.

One could even "hear" yellow.

[edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger]

[edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger]

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I am very amazed at how technology has impacted the world today! Who could ever imagine that there is an existing drug in digital form? Altering our brainwaves and mental state is something that is so much serious and needs attention from the proper authorities. For sure, the teenagers are the most vulnerable ones on this modern-day addiction. Parents must watch over their teens when they lock up in their rooms for quite a long time. Altering the human brain is an unaccepted practice as it violates the proper functioning of the human brain system. If this technology-based addiction continues, teens getting in trouble might have probably engaged themselves in a few sessions of digital drug usage. I guess, we, parents are at the frontiers of the battle to fight the alarming incidences of this kind of disturbing addiction.
edit on 30-6-2011 by chirp20 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join