It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Now Getting High Off "Digital Drugs"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

i'm 3 1/2 minutes into the video, and i suspect some recreational "warbling" has been going on with this fella.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Holy ####! I used to listen to this one audio file that was exactly what this is talking about... I didn't even realize what it was supposed to be... I did notice a SLIGHT change in my mind, I just felt very calm and relaxed for the duration of it. I remember seeing somewhere that they use/used sound waves on guantanamo inmates. They would be blindfolded and have headphones put on their ears and various noises would be played through the headphones, causing hallucinations and panic. I also believe the CIA used to experiment with sound frequencies. Scary stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This reminds me of Skyfloatings thread: Getting High Without Drugs:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its a good one too.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I see no problem with teens overdosing on this - their attention span and the fact they want more action would deter them. I have been listening to sound like this for decades. I love it because it induces calm when calm is needed, but I am in no way addicted to it or feel high from it. Remember the space ship from the movie "Close Encounter". Keep worrying about meth, coc aine, heroin, etc - now that is a problem!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"Digital induced drug" has a very weak effect, and you have to be conscious of it and allow your self to get fouled. Just like telling someone they are drinking alcohol, but they are not, therefore they allow themselves to get fouled.

You can control everything, it doesn't take you to another realm, it only gives you the feeling you get when you have a puff of cigarette early in the morning.

It gives you a feeling of high pressure, to call it.

When you quickly standup, sometimes you feel that high-pressure, where everything goes white etc. But in this case, everything doesn't go white; you only get the feeling, which comes along that whiteness.

You will feel it if you are not actively smoking/drinking, drugs and alcohol.

IF you are like me, then you won't feel much, nor will you enjoy the feeling.
I drink and smoke too much therefore immune to low-level crap.

Well that is my experience when I tried it.

Try it.. You might actually like it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

On the other hand don't expect me to run over to You Tube to play guinea pig, not yet at least. (My brains subjected to enough on ATS - I don't need to go digital!)

[edit on 13-7-2010 by silo13]

what do you mean by "I don't need to go digital" do you honestly think that computers/internet/mp3's/cell phones/ your bank account/ are not digital? what you think they are analog? whether you want to or not youve gone digital. analogs dead.

and these drugs work off nothing but a placebo affect like many here have already said, you must believe it will work or it wont, just like meditation, this fad is just a brand new catalyst to opening the minds of youngsters to placebo affects and the power of mind over matter. i think its a good thing that this area of our abilities is gaining popularity,

its just a shame their only interest in doing so is to get high somehow,

for me i'll just go smoke stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that they "get you high" but they do alter the way you feel, and even the way your brain functions. For me the results have been phenomenal, binaural tones have connected the 2 halves of my brain, I can't describe what this has done for me, but I highly recommend trying them.

Check out Metamusic by The Monroe institute

it's different styles of music laced with binaural tones, each one designed to put you in a specific mood. In my opinion they are great for meditation.

Btw I don't think they work on Youtube, I think the sound output is mono, not stereo.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Having tried binaural beats a couple years before, I can tell you that any effects these 'drugs' cause are purely placebo in nature. Most of the people I talked to who had also tried these beats claimed that they only felt effects if it was for a drug which they had tried in real life.

Basically, if someone smoked marijuana in real life, they might actually feel something with the binaural beat version of it. Most of the people who hadn't actually tried it, though, felt nothing.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you do a search they are MANY uses for binaural beats :

used in some meditation techniques
used to cure desease
used to open the mind / enlightment
used to stop smoking
used for sexual arousal and binaural inducted orgasm ( no joke !)
used as a drugs
etc... do a search , many applications

I don't think is a good idea at all to use that kind of thing by yourself, we know that the sound can be a weapon, we know nothing ( as an average joe) about sound frequency and the dangers linked to them, what if...?

Exposing your brain to frequency you don't know about is irresponsible.

There many threads on ATS about HAARP, brain and mind control

long exposition to magnetic field from high voltage line can cause leucemia

Everyday 24/24 we are litterally submerged by many type of frequency ( cell phone, wireless router, wireless connection, wireless phone at 2.4 - 5.9 GHz those frequency are JUST A BIT out the the range your brain opperate with, radio station, tv station, microwaves, radiation of many sort at different level ( your computer screen emit radiation)

some years ago ill try it and most of them didn't work but one beat in particular made my sick for a day, i had equilibrium issues and barely made me barf, and there something with my eyes, its like i seen light zap and black shadow, really bad experience that day.

What if you take a binaural beat made to induce or make you more receptive to hypnosis suggestions and put innaudible beats ( frequency human can't hear but the brain receive it) to program you to do something or buy more a wal mart ?

Really bad public technologie if you ask me

[edit on 13/7/2010 by B3lz3buth]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Digital Drugs what ?

ok they had that since the late 60s it was called psychedelic music , My biggest toppers is Pink Floyd , Moody Blues , Tangerine Dream , King Crimson Iron Butterfly , Wild Angels Sound Track, of the 60s that is

there were many pioneers !

then it was spread to many different forms to what you have today Ambient to Electro Ear Candy

what the Heck Tekwar , anyone ?

The 22nd century universe is centered around "tek"—an illegal, addictive, mind-altering digital drug.[2] The drug has the effect of simulated reality (as shown in the films and series), and taps into "the matrix" hyperspace. The protagonist, Jake Cardigan is framed for dealing in the drug four years before the start of the story. Having been sentenced to 15 years imprisonment, he is released early.

Tekwar
en.wikipedia.org...

or

Strange days

STRANGE DAYS - HQ Trailer ( 1995 )

many movies that talks about the subject(( Digital Drugs ) if not Ear Candy but Eye candy say Virtual Reality to Memory implants

hopefully we are not forced to a non emotional drug like you would see in THX 1138 or Equilibrium all beacuse of paranoid NeoCon's

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
ATS itself is like a digital drug.

People come to this site and spend hours just getting wrapped up in the drama and excitement of the latest new attempt of someone trying to convince us the world is ending or we're all doomed.

ATS is really not different than the MSM in many ways. Much of what is on ATS is smacked up with entertainment (pictures, videos), and people love to get their emotions riled up.

Lots of people say the news is very negative and depressing. ATS is actually so much worse. So many people here swear they are victims of some secret small group ('tptb') that somehow controls every aspect of their life, making them the loser or small nobody they feel they are.

I personally have grown sick of much of what is on ATS. People make trolling threads just wanting flags and stars for their hyped-up phoney junk that amounts to cynical speculative drama. And, it just never ends. People get all excited like "OOH maybe it's true! The Bible prophecy is just around the corner!"

So very draining on my positive energy.

I don't mind ATS and appreciate the diversity, but I have learned I can only take it in small amounts...and I've learned how to quickly sift through the mounds of hyped-up horse manure.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
This sounds a little crazy and I have my doubts about the validity of these "tone drugs".

BUT!

I do have a youtube clip that gets me ZONKED OUT OF MY MIND!

Tell me this don't get ya dizzy with glee.

The ATS member "Signals" turned me on to this. Man, life hasn't been normal since!

Put down the headphones and step away from the stereo.

Lmao, that was great..

I'm glad so far the majority of replies to this topic have been rational. iDoser is rubbish, the tones are obnoxious. brainwave generator is far better and has far more presets. And it's not based on selling something to kids who think mentioning 'drugs' is cool..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This stuff works, nothing new. The forests, winds and oceans have been doing this for millions of years. What boggles my mind is how ignorant most people are concerning sound frequencies and their effect on a high mind or a young one (they share similar characteristics).

If it doesn't work for you, it could be because of a busy brain or scrambled one. It's therapy for the brain waves to re-tune them so that you can think clearly.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

what do you mean by "I don't need to go digital"

Just meaning I don't have any desire to go 'digital' for my 'highs'... They come with nature and working in the garden - things of that 'nature', lol.

As for placebo.
I'm sure that has something to do with it, but, on the other hand there is some music, some frequencies, some beats - repetitious and obnoxious, that can and do make me angry. I just have to get away from them. I don't choose to be angry, nor do I like the felling, so, I presume it has to do with the frequencies and as sensitive as I am to tone - I imagine that's the problem.

I've been listening to some pf the clips on this thread... And I do get a reaction out of some of them - and not always positive - so, for me at least, there's something to all this - just far far from the hype spouted in the article.

Thanks!
peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Next thing you know, we will also have digital rehab! This can't work because the government will not know how to make money off of this. Ah, but give them time.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f05de3e74c0d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Great post - I appreciate the time and thought you put into it.
And I agree - it's all in the 'state of the mind'.

I have to admit this part gave me a chuckle though...

Look...try this: Slouch in your chair and breath very slowly. Relax your eyes and imagine a bunny rabbit nuzzling your neck.

I mean I know what you meant, but my state of mind? I had flashes of the KILLER RABBIT from Monty Python ripping out my throat.

My point about the 'drugs' was this.
The thread just screams for people to do some comparisons.
And people have. And had their posts removed.
I was only trying to alert readers to the T&C and if you were going to do 'comparisons' be wise in your wording.

State of mind. That's it. And how you use it, you're correct of course in that.

Yet, even this 'digital high' - (which we've come to the conclusion is nothing but paranoid hype and sensationalism from a reporter looking to fill space ), the 'digital high' if used to excess, could be harmful.

It has it's place, and it's applications, and minus excess has been found to be helpful, calming for some. But like sleep, do too much of it, or why you're driving, you're screwed.

peace
EDIT: html

[edit on 14-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Pretty much concur these things are solely to part suckers with their money they have no effect at all and are targeted at the same crowd who go for binaural beats and similar nonsense.
The only reason people defend these things at all is so they don't feel like an idiot for buying them in the first place pretty much the same as apple products.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
First off the term "Digital Drugs" is misleading, the concept we talk about here is hz or tones if you want. Its not that hard to reproduce the same effect with an acoustic guitar, its just a question of tuning the strings in right order.

Second of, to call it drugs is just straight out ridicolous, tones and beats have been used through out history in religious cermony to tribes in Africa using repetetive drum cycles to get into a trance.

So lets not call it drugs because then all your daily music in the radio is drugs to and if they were to become illegal this world will surely be a bored place to hang in..

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think I-Dosing is a way of selfhypnosis really. Placebo effect all the way.
Only harm I can see from "I-Dosing" is the possibility of getting a headache.

Personally, I used to "I-Dose" about a year ago, did it a lot really. Because it helped me to fall asleep. Now I dont need to do that anymore since I got accustomed of going to sleep earlier, and sleeping longer and feeling more rested in the morning. I used to sleep like 5 hours a day and woke up cranky every single day, so I have no complains on the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join