It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Now Getting High Off "Digital Drugs"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Teens Now Getting High Off "Digital Drugs"

www.newson6.com

I-dosing on "digital drugs" is becoming an alarming new trend amongst teens.

Web sites are luring kids with free downloads of "digital drugs," which are audio files designed to induce drug-like effects.

The digital drugs use binaural or two-toned technology to alter your brainwaves and mental state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The implications of such 'brain manipulation' is fascinating!

On the other hand don't expect me to run over to You Tube to play guinea pig, not yet at least. (My brains subjected to enough on ATS - I don't need to go digital!)

So for now, please, any of you out there who've 'tried' the 'digital high'?

Give up some personal experience information.

Tell us if there's any 'validity' to these claims.

Can these digital 'highs' be harmful? Beneficial? If so - how?

IMO it sounds like some parents got on the 'ignorant bandwagon' after some kids blamed their real drug behavior on 'digital highs'!

Regardless if the article barks paranoia and dis-info - it's interesting on many levels none the less, so ENJOY!

Let's remember the T&C (concerning drug related issues) while discussing this subject please.

EDIT IN: Above reminder.

(In other words if you're going to provide comparisons between 'digitally' induced vs. chemically induced 'highs' take extra care with your working)

[edit on 13-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Now here's where the real problem might be coming from...

Another concern the OBN has is that many of these I-dosing sites lure visitors to actual drug and drug paraphernalia sites.”

link

*Wink*

EDIT IN VIDEO:

Explanation of Binaural Beats

peace

[edit on 13-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
interesting... was wondering how long until this affected teens. must say i have tried them, and for the most part they did nothing. it was more of a psychosomatic affect, if you convince yourself type thing. nothing to be alarmed about. i don't see this becoming an epidemic amongst teens.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Remeber those futuristic movies and cartoons that had high-tech junkies spacing out on cassete-tapes and cd's?

I think they were on to something.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Actually, those are pretty bunk.
I tried about 10 of em.
Just another way to scam the masses, even if they are the drug induced masses.

Granted, it clearly states that binuaral beats dont effect everybody, but Im entirely positive on the fact that you'll get higher offa the "incense" that have been in the news lately than you will offa the white noise of binuaral beats.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If they compare that to the real stuff I would suggets to them to find a better dealer

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cheddartoes

So in your opinion it's hype and bunk and parental paranoia.

I don't suppose you could post one from You Tube, one you yourself listened to?

If you'd rather not U2U me a url or a name and I'll do the posting.

Thank you for your input.

peace

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Seriously? I-doser is horrible, the most it did for me was piss me off due to the fact that laying around for more than 10 minutes at a time make me want to fall asleep but all of the frequencies and pings were keeping me awake. I'm sure we should probably be more worried about kids stealing prescription drugs from their parents.

+41 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What's with all of these goofy, ineffective and even dangerous things kids are doing to get high? Huffing compressed air, smoking chemically coated "pseudo pot" staring at screensavers, choking themselves?

Has it really become so difficult to just go get a bag of weed? Or is it because these stupid "over the counter" methods are viewed as more "safe" or something?

Funny how prohibition grows stupidity.

Just like under alcohol prohibition people went blind drinking paint thinner when just having a beer had been proven for centuries the better and safer alternative.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Back in the 70's there was a group called White Witch and they had a song called class of 2000. Part of the lyrics went something like this.

Class of 2000 we don't smoke now to get high.
We just hook up to this machine and it sends out these frequencies
and it blows our minds.

Well they weren't too far off.

I have been using binaural beats for at least ten years now and have never had an experience anything like a drug high. In spite of how badly I wanted one.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

In order for binuaral beats to "work", you were to need headphones.
Something about it playing different types of alpha, beta and theta (I do believe it uses those three) in different ears, causes some sort of "wave effect" in the brain.
However, in regards to posting one up, or a link to one, unfortunately, most of the I-Doser products are pay products, and not only do you have to pay for the beat itself, you have to pay for the program to play said "beats".

Granted, Im sure you can use piracy as a method to obtain them, but...piracy is illegal, and none of us would wanna take money from the poor scammers who are just trying to make a buck offa the permafried.
Haha.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm very happy to hear theres a trend to get teenagers into binaurals and hemisync. Its good for you and creates unity between your left and RIGHT (your knowledge and wisdom) hemispheres.

So now they're trying to create, manufacture and demonize this. We can create our own very easily with audacity.

Good trend if its real and exists. That kind of high is enlightening. Lots of them are free already.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If it really worked it would be amazing.

Since it does not I don't see what the big deal is. Teens are a curious lot, I find it positive teens are still curious, as opposed to apathetic.

This is very old news I down idoser years ago.

But thank you for sharing, I find the idea of the binaural beats and the working on brain frequencies fascinating.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, I hate to say it, but people arent going to use this as an enlightenment method.
Its gonna be used by hardcore junkies lookin to get a permenant, semi-free, always accessible fix.
Or.
Its gonna be a bunch of preteens that are just now getting into drugs, and that are stupid enough to steal their parents credit cards just because they think its a way to get high that'll never show up in a drug test.

Scammers, the lot of them.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am sure someone would have come up with the type of file mentioned in the OP.

Watching TV causes "Entrainment".
This is a deliberate use of the "flicker rate" which affects brain wave rate and intensity.
This along with overt and subliminal programming make the TV the brainwashing tool of choice.
Just look at the effects of advertising, especially on children.

The rate of screen flicker was deliberately chosen for its entrainment characteristics by the alphabet boys who also controlled the three main TV networks in the US...

This is why the Chinese are striving to get a TV in every house as fast as they can.

Brain wave entrainment is a component of many self help recordings because it does help to create a suggestible state.
It works on everyone to a certain extent.

Brain wave synchronization has been used effectively to combat drug addiction.
This was publicized as the way Paul Mc Cartney quit smoking.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
well I am 44 downloaded a program that plays these files and comes with 2 alcohol and calm sedative now I don't drink at all and am playing the alcohol as i type its a 35 mint file been on for five now .
if i was to even drink 1 beer i would probably be toasted as like i said I don't drink.
nope nothing nada do believe this is a sugar pill it only works if you believe it works. And if I have never even been drunk how would i even know what I should feal like lolololol Hick HICK lolol.
aaa blonie even though i admit I wish it would work lolol.
Ps drugs dont alter your brain waves they alter your brain chemicals which in turn alter your brain waves . Think you need the altered chemicals part in order for it to work 20 mints later still sober lololol

[edit on 13-7-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
the demon cases are more interesting to me than bored white suburban kids trying to feel messed up on psychosomatic beats and forget all their potential and chances they have in life.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
To compare Binaural Beats to illegalised Drugs is laughable. I've been listening to Binaural Beats for months now, not to "get high" but because they enhance your Pineal Gland aswell as Vibrational Tones, enhancing the body's natural rythmic vibrational level which can have a great effect on sustaining and replenishing depleted energy levels, enhancing aural projection and allowing one to open their Chakras and Meditate easily.

Where this study, comparing it to Drugs has come from I don't know. But as with anything thats always outside the "mainstream" there's always a misunderstood Taboo about it. I only wish the idiots who conducted the study had the time to actually read up on what Binaural Beats are actually designed to do.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
As far as Im concerned, it had no effect.
Good, ill, or otherwise.
I used several, like I said.
From the '___' one, to the fabled "Hand of God".
The quit smoking one, the meditation help one.

Not a one of them work.
If you wanna really listen to some binuaral beats, turn on the tv, unplug your cable, and turn it to Channel 7.
That white noise right there, it was what they try to have you listen to.
For upwards of an hour.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join