It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

[NEW PICS!] China airport UFO was no helicopter!!

page: 9
57
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by diamount
Nobody is saying that is what shut down the airport, we're saying all the images posted are that of a helicopter/rocket.

Do you intentionally not read the thread?


Im saying that the images posting are not showing a helicopter/rocket.



Okay so please do tell why it looks so similar to the other images posted (admitted by the author that they're overexposed helicopters). Please provide evidence towards that.




posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   


hold the onions please



[edit on 10-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein
 


I've been seeing some lights in the sky of late.... yesterday i saw an object with 2 red lights on it high up which just appeared then dissappeared..... i also saw what at first could be described as a shooting star but this was moving way too slow to be a shooting star.... this also dissappeared when it reached a certain point.

couple weeks back i saw a couple similar objects.... i don't know whats happening but they seem to be making their presence known to me....



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by diamount
Nobody is saying that is what shut down the airport, we're saying all the images posted are that of a helicopter/rocket.

Do you intentionally not read the thread?


Im saying that the images posting are not showing a helicopter/rocket.



Okay so please do tell why it looks so similar to the other images posted (admitted by the author that they're overexposed helicopters). Please provide evidence towards that.


All overexposed images look similar. A overexposed UFO would look like a overexposed helicopter. As always with picture evidence, its up to your interpretation of it.

For me, the circumstances make it obvious that it was no ordinary thing in the sky.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
at first, photos have to be analyzed about using photoshop-like software on them



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

UFO:


Helicopter:


Based on what we have available, I believe the top picture cannot be a helicopter, so I have renamed it UFO.

1) Look at the wide dispersal of light on the UFO pic. It emanates like a pyramid which is exactly how stationery light would disperse - in all directions incoherently. --- The real helicopter in the second pic you are showing has none of the characteristics of the UFO pic. The light beam is not being dispersed in an incoherent, pyramid shape but rather the opposite. As well, your helicopters light trail is wobbly which is exactly how a moving object in air would look. The UFO pic's light is a perfectly straight line. This could not occur since helicopters wobble in the air slightly when stationary.

2) Look at the ripples on the water and the light reflecting off of them from the lights on the dock. If it was a long exposure the ripples would all be blurred because water is constantly moving.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by pjslug]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

For me, the circumstances make it obvious that it was no ordinary thing in the sky.


What you're not getting is that I agree with you on this point. What I am really debating is if this is actually a picture of the thing that shut down the airport. i don't think it is.

[edit on 10/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   


Were not saying we think little green men landed -- why choose China when Thai beaches are so close by? -- but really, a reflection from an airplane shut down an airport? They should come up with a better excuse than that. Read more: UFO shuts down Hangzhou airport | CNNGo.com www.cnngo.com...


It nauseates me every time I see the MSM throw in the term "little green men". Seriously.









[edit on 10-7-2010 by ghr54321]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Thermo Klein
 


I've been seeing some lights in the sky of late.... yesterday i saw an object with 2 red lights on it high up which just appeared then dissappeared..... i also saw what at first could be described as a shooting star but this was moving way too slow to be a shooting star.... this also dissappeared when it reached a certain point.

couple weeks back i saw a couple similar objects.... i don't know whats happening but they seem to be making their presence known to me....


Thanks for sharing. If you feel like these couldn't have been typical airplanes, helicopters, etc I'd recommend reporting them to MUFON. Get as much information as you can about the time, location, and all the details you can remember.

MUFON: Mutual UFO Network



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Thermo Klein
 


I've been seeing some lights in the sky of late.... yesterday i saw an object with 2 red lights on it high up which just appeared then dissappeared..... i also saw what at first could be described as a shooting star but this was moving way too slow to be a shooting star.... this also dissappeared when it reached a certain point.

couple weeks back i saw a couple similar objects.... i don't know whats happening but they seem to be making their presence known to me....


Thanks for sharing. If you feel like these couldn't have been typical airplanes, helicopters, etc I'd recommend reporting them to MUFON. Get as much information as you can about the time, location, and all the details you can remember.

MUFON: Mutual UFO Network


Yeh, i've seen that site, i just don't have any evidence to back me up... i don't have any great recording equipment... don't have a telescope to make sure .... i have a pair of bino's which are pretty good but even they won't give me quality detail....

BTW this china helicopter sure doesnt look like a helicopter....

[edit on 10-7-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

1) Look at the wide dispersal of light on the UFO pic. It emanates like a pyramid which is exactly how stationery light would disperse - in all directions incoherently. --- The real helicopter in the second pic you are showing has none of the characteristics of the UFO pic. The light beam is not being dispersed in an incoherent, pyramid shape but rather the opposite. As well, your helicopters light trail is wobbly which is exactly how a moving object in air would look. The UFO pic's light is a perfectly straight line. This could not occur since helicopters wobble in the air slightly when stationary.

2) Look at the ripples on the water and the light reflecting off of them from the lights on the dock. If it was a long exposure the ripples would all be blurred because water is constantly moving.


1) I don't know for sure, I am just using my own logic here. The light emanates in the first pic like that because it is obviously overexposed due the long exposure time. The proof in the overexposure is the light overlapping the power line.

I guess it depends on how fast the helicopter is moving whether the line is smooth or not. If the heli is moving fast, then I imagine that the line in the sky would be a lot smoother. Likewise, slow helicopter, wobbly line.

2) I have no explanation. Perhaps the shutter speed wasn't that slow. The shutter speed could probably be roughly worked out if anybody can find FAA specifications for the red blinking light on a helicopter.

Can anybody find out what the legalities are on warning lights on helicopters? That would go a long way to finding out the truth I think, whatever that may be.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan
 


Can I get a couple of those unidentified flying chili dogs to go, please?

Hold the cheese, maybe sprinkle on some relish...and now I'm hungry.

- Fry



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   


So, to recap, I think that picture is definitely a picture of a helicopter, it is so similar to other pictures confirmed to be helicopters (and some of those confirmed helicopter pics are in the video posted by Paradigm2012), but I think it definitely wasn't a helicopter which shut down the airport.


Please show examples of these similar photos. I'm open to a few photos that are close matches, and a good 'valid' explanation of why the helicopter looks flat with a bright ass light bar stretching across its entire length in every photo of it, please.

As I've seen stated countless times on ATS: show reference, or it didn't happen



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Thermo Klein
 


I've been seeing some lights in the sky of late.... yesterday i saw an object with 2 red lights on it high up which just appeared then dissappeared..... i also saw what at first could be described as a shooting star but this was moving way too slow to be a shooting star.... this also dissappeared when it reached a certain point.

couple weeks back i saw a couple similar objects.... i don't know whats happening but they seem to be making their presence known to me....


Thanks for sharing. If you feel like these couldn't have been typical airplanes, helicopters, etc I'd recommend reporting them to MUFON. Get as much information as you can about the time, location, and all the details you can remember.

MUFON: Mutual UFO Network


Yeh, i've seen that site, i just don't have any evidence to back me up... i don't have any great recording equipment... don't have a telescope to make sure .... i have a pair of bino's which are pretty good but even they won't give me quality detail....

BTW this china helicopter sure doesnt look like a helicopter....

[edit on 10-7-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]


With MUFON it doesn't need to be anything spectacular - it's sort of a "we take anything" sorting house. For example, say 10 people report an event, even if you just saw a white light in the sky it can help with the exact location, etc. Any little bit helps and there's no judgment. trust me - there's a lot of very obvious junk on there (Venus, airplanes, etc) but the more info the better.

Any other comments or questions on MUFON feel free to U2U me, so we stay on topic.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Thermo Klein]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Perhaps there was NO UFO at all and the Chinese government is putting on a big production for some intended purpose no one is aware of. From the articles that I've seen posted on this thread with the images ripped off from previous "sightings" that are implied to be related to this airport closure, I think I'm gonna have a hard time believing anything that comes from their government related to this incident.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by toltecnightmare


So, to recap, I think that picture is definitely a picture of a helicopter, it is so similar to other pictures confirmed to be helicopters (and some of those confirmed helicopter pics are in the video posted by Paradigm2012), but I think it definitely wasn't a helicopter which shut down the airport.


Please show examples of these similar photos. I'm open to a few photos that are close matches, and a good 'valid' explanation of why the helicopter looks flat with a bright ass light bar stretching across its entire length in every photo of it, please.

As I've seen stated countless times on ATS: show reference, or it didn't happen



Instead of quoting smart arse "show reference, or it didn't happen" remarks try reading the whole thread!

You might find that the photo's you want to see have already been posted, along with the explanation of why the helicopter looks "flat with a bright ass light bar stretching across its entire length"

I'm not saying put a 10 hour shift in........just read the damn thread!



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by toltecnightmare
 


I just started a thread to give reasons why the heli looks the way it does and shows some other similar photos here.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This topic is an epic fail!

At least from this we can see who is blind and who isn't.

Obviously the original picture for this story was a long exposure. You can not deny that it is a long exposure because there is obvious ghosting of the house and the power lines which is caused by a slow shutter speed (long exposure) and a small movement of the camera. If you draw a line from the tip of the house to the tip of the ghost house, you can see the angle and the distance the camera moved from left to right (seems to be following the craft)

Anything moving in front of the camera during this long exposure will show up as a streak. The best way to describe this effect is to think of it as a video displayed all in one picture.

It is a camera special effect. This is how it's done:



After watching the above video, imagine what it would look like if he was filming an aircraft in the sky with lights, instead of cars.

It would look like this:








...but the above images are very long exposures. The original image from the OP's story is a shorter exposure, but still longer than normal.



...another version of the same image:



The red line with the red 5 red dots is standard red aircraft strobe light. Anyone ignoring this is living a life of ignorance.

The two streaks of light on the bottom are the landing lights for a jet. The light beam pointing to the right is the beam from landing lights reflecting off of low clouds or fog.

To all who keep repeating the line, "They wouldn't shut down an airport for a helicopter or aircraft"... THINK AGAIN.

If a private or military aircraft enters the airspace of an airport without contacting the air traffic control at the airport, they are considered "unidentified". If they are unidentified, and they are not in communication with air traffic control, then there is a safety concern for all flights, so all flights should be put on hold ("airport closed").

Just because someone labels it a "unidentified flying object" doesn't mean they can't identify that it is a jet or a helicopter, sometimes it means they can't identify who is flying it.

Having a rouge helicopter or jet flying around in a controlled airspace without identifying itself with air traffic control is not safe, but it does happen, and is a reason to shut down airports.

Also, what the heck is up with the videos going around? It seems as though someone did a Google image search for the term "long exposure of helicopter" and then placed all the images in a video, and went around fooling everyone saying it is the same sighting. It's not, it's a compilation of helicopter photos taken with a slow shutter speed.

That beam of light is the search light. Search lights move around and they try to focus them on one object while the helicopter moves around. So it could look like some type of light shining in the sky, but it's not.

Before you tell me it isn't an aircraft or a helicopter, why don't you go buy a camera with the ability to change the shutter speed, and then go take some pictures of jets and helicopters at night, and then come back and talk....

The other picture in the OP is just rocket in the upper atmosphere, and the zero-g is causing the exhaust of the rocket to spread out over a very large area. Also, that image is older than the China airport incident.

Anyway... this whole thing is a bunch of CRAP. More distraction from what is important.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by eennoo]



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein




That image looks an awful lot like plasma to me.

This is good stuff. I have been on vacation and didn't make time to stay abreast of ATS while swimming at Schlitterbahn. The water is hard on the laptop, and all.

But it is good stuff. S and F for you.



posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   


They almost sound as silly as teabaggers.


Why do you make fun of a homosexual deviant sex game? Aren't we supposed tolerate homosexuals and their games now?



new topics

top topics



 
57
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join