It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS joins hunt for killer who's taunted police for five days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

Are you by any chance American because your police have a far better developed CT capability than our police through FBI HRT. Our Armed police are not used to dealing with any more than a loan gun man or armed raids on terrorists suspects. The UKSF provide our primary CT capability. It is generally accepted that it goes on, for example the Embassy siege the is no way police could have dealt with that even by today’s standards.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Well...no. I was referring to a post near the start where someone said maybe he's ex-SF or a sleeper agent or whatever. Bourne fits that more than Bond. Also, I refuse to mention Bond after that travesty of film, Quanum of Solace!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My assessment of the situation is that Moat is not a danger to the public directly so to speak, unless joe public wants to get him.

I feel there is a lot of people out there that would support Moat regardless of his alleged crime.

I for one have a gut feeling that Moat is not out to kill as many as possible or there would be a trail of bodied by now.

I suspect he is just trying to get away.

If he were to really hold a grudge he would have set up booby traps for the police to get caught up in or just go hell to leather in a matrix lobby scene style taking out as many officers as he could be fore being capped.

I believe that deep down Moat is a good person, who was pushed too far. Love makes us all do irrational things.

If I came across Moat, I would help him.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Emmm what news have you been reading. He killed his ex’s boy friend then shot her, he robbed a chip shop and shot a police officer. I think he is one of these fundamentally Anti-police career criminal, let’s not forget he just got out of jail. I think he’s going to either try to escape or suicide by cop. I can see him walking into a town full of police shooting hoping to kill as many of them until he gets shot to death himself.

And no he is not a good person.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OP in none of those links provided in your post does it say the SAS are hunting the fugitive...nowhere , co19 yep, police snipers,yep, but nowhere does it mention the SAS.............

As a side note has anybody noticed anything strange about the search so far esp the tv footge of the farmhouse ?

EG not a police dog to be seen in any footage so far?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Korgy

I find your thread very interesting and sort of share the same thinking..
There seems to be a few examples recently (Mr Bird in Whitehaven) where they have obviously been pushed 'over the edge' and maybe it's because of irrational crimes of passion or stress because of the way we live today !!

That surely means that as things start to worsen over the next few years then maybe we will see alot more of these sorts of incidents....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Yes it dose the Mail have it on the front page today, go to a news agents and have a look i think the express do as well. And The Telegraph says:

“Members of the SAS and snipers from the Metropolitan Police were among those dispatched to the north-east on Wednesday as the fugitive continued to evade authorities.”

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by SOXMIS

Are you by any chance American because your police have a far better developed CT capability than our police through FBI HRT. Our Armed police are not used to dealing with any more than a loan gun man or armed raids on terrorists suspects. The UKSF provide our primary CT capability. It is generally accepted that it goes on, for example the Embassy siege the is no way police could have dealt with that even by today’s standards.

I dont know where you get your info from but police firearms units are more highly trained than you suggest,or perhaps know esp police sniper teams ,

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
If I came across Moat, I would help him.

But...why? Again, I don't know a lot about the story, but am I right in thinking that his girlfriend was sleeping with a police officer, and so he went out and tried to murder three of them? Another poster mentioned something about a speeding ticket, so I'm a little unsure, but surely the bottom line is he murdered someone, and attempted to murder two others...?

Love doesn't make us do anything. It certainly doesn't make us murder.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think the SAS would do a good job hunting this nutter down, and they should be used if a need arises, just like the Iranian embassy seige.
No one has the right to shoot someone just because they break up, he made comments about getting even on his facebook page the day he got out of prison for a previous assault on a family member. His ex said she was dating a copper because she thought he'd leave her alone. He shot the guy in the back, then once again in the face to be sure, then shot at his ex, seriously injuring her!! He blames all of his problems on everybody else. He should be shot to be honest, he's not worth the money sending him back to prison.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by gambon

Yes it dose the Mail have it on the front page today, go to a news agents and have a look i think the express do as well. And The Telegraph says:

“Members of the SAS and snipers from the Metropolitan Police were among those dispatched to the north-east on Wednesday as the fugitive continued to evade authorities.”

The MAil would say the sas are anywhere to sell papers , Maybe an advisor or two is liasing , but the suggestion that 22 are hunting him down seems far fetched if not ludicrous bearing in mind there other commitments at the moment.

Also I find the Met snipers part misleading as well , police snipers from many other counties forces have been sent as well, more used to country surroundings tbh, I really think this is just the southern bias in the media tbh mention of SAS and CO19 sells papers.....

The MAIL (spits) mentions " special forces" not SAS per se, the telegraph does mention members of "SAS" and met snipers , why not sas snipers.?...
I believe it is all heresay and paper selling rhetoric....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I am not saying they are not highly trained all I am saying is that when it comes to CT the UK is more reliant on UKSF. For example the embassy siege could not have been handled by CO19, there is also the police form the MoD police who are highly trained but again don’t have the capabilities that UKSF do. Some time there is no alternative but to have UKSF intervene, which is not what I am calling for here.

Go read the paper today it dose clearly say the SAS have joined the hunt. And in one of my posts I have already said that they may be there advising rather than as being operationally active. I like how you talked about their other commitments, 22SAS have an entire squadron on CRW duty at all time to provide a domestic (and sometimes international) CT capability.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Compared to hunting the Taliban and all the other assorted puesdo terrorists then chasing after Mr Moat is probably a ''training'' exercise for new recruit SAS befoe they go and do the real thing in Afgano.....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
well there's a police chopper in the sky above my town i doubt they think he's here but i suppose they have to keep eyes peeled like i said earlier theirs a large police presence in the town.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

Yep it does... There are too many cases to list.

This wasn't a case of an ex getting a policeman boyfriend, this was a case of cruelty towards Moat by his ex whom had to endure Taunting from both his ex and the new policeman boyfriend.

Effectively they made fun of him and when you have someone who experiences true love (there is only one time you can feel that one folks) and then the object of your love turns around and not just rejects you but actually takes delight in hurting your emotions... it's easy to see how Moat could have snapped and reacted in the way he did.

Seeing Red and being a cold calculated murderer are different things.

I have sympathy for Moat and although I don't condone his actions I can relate.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by gambon

I am not saying they are not highly trained all I am saying is that when it comes to CT the UK is more reliant on UKSF. For example the embassy siege could not have been handled by CO19, there is also the police form the MoD police who are highly trained but again don’t have the capabilities that UKSF do. Some time there is no alternative but to have UKSF intervene, which is not what I am calling for here.

Go read the paper today it dose clearly say the SAS have joined the hunt. And in one of my posts I have already said that they may be there advising rather than as being operationally active. I like how you talked about their other commitments, 22SAS have an entire squadron on CRW duty at all time to provide a domestic (and sometimes international) CT capability.

Hi fella as I said before one paper makes mention of the SAS , (members of) that being the torygraph , the mail says " special forces" and "MET" not CO19 snipers...thats it ,

"SAS advises on search for criminal"

would not sell as many papers,police teams will be more than capable .......

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by gambon

Compared to hunting the Taliban and all the other assorted puesdo terrorists then chasing after Mr Moat is probably a ''training'' exercise for new recruit SAS befoe they go and do the real thing in Afgano.....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

YEP more usefull than urban sniper teams tbh eg the metCO19, but they are not the only police sniper units up there , they ARE however the only ones most of the media will of heard of units of many rural divisions are there also with more suitable training for the terrain...

If the SAS are the in a mom advisory role , we would never hear of it imo esp in the current situation,,,,

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

CO19 do have snipers in play there’s a nice bit of footage on the BBC showing it. The SAS do have a tradition of sending out people to major incidents to observe and advise this may be what is going on however the news papers are speculating about a more active role as the story snippet on the OP says. If you read my OP you would know that I think this is a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

Yep it does... There are too many cases to list.

This wasn't a case of an ex getting a policeman boyfriend, this was a case of cruelty towards Moat by his ex whom had to endure Taunting from both his ex and the new policeman boyfriend.

Effectively they made fun of him and when you have someone who experiences true love (there is only one time you can feel that one folks) and then the object of your love turns around and not just rejects you but actually takes delight in hurting your emotions... it's easy to see how Moat could have snapped and reacted in the way he did.

Seeing Red and being a cold calculated murderer are different things.

I have sympathy for Moat and although I don't condone his actions I can relate.

Korg.

You really DO need to read the background to this case he is a girlfriend beating , steroid taking , psycho nutcase , who wrongly believed his ex was going out with a policeman , shot her , shot the boyfriend (who was NOT a cop ) then shot a random policeman after declaring WAR on them

Personally think he watched to much rambo in prison tbh...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I dont buy the msm bs about this guy. The police "just happen" to find another letter. How do we know for sure that he wrote them? Then we have the language use of the police/media saying that he wont be taken alive thus conditioning the public for this guys death. Then they tell us he has"some" outdoors skills but the truth is that it takrs a llot more than some skills to evade the jackboots with helos and infra red thermal imaging kit.. There is more than mets the eye about this and i do not believe a word the police and msm are saying... like korg i would too help this guy, after all he is living most atsers dreams and sticking it to tptb... And he has just done what most have us have thought about doing to a cheating partner... A crime of passion... If that is even the case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join