It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS joins hunt for killer who's taunted police for five days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

SAS joins hunt for killer who's taunted police for five days

www.dailymail.co.uk

Special forces have joined the manhunt as Moat continues to elude a huge police dragnet. The elite troops trained in search-and-snatch operations were sent to the North East last night.

They were joined by snipers from the Metropolitan Police, while a fleet of 20 armoured cars was supplied by police in Northern Ireland.

Sources said the special forces excel at working in the dark, with heat-seeking equipment which can work over huge ranges.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.scotsman.com
www.guardian.co.uk
www.channel4.com
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don’t really know what to make of this. There are not real details and I am not to sure about the source. SAS being used to hunt one gun man alongside army of armed police. This is not really what the SAS should be doing but I suppose the will have better training and techniques compared to the police and it is probably a good support. Although will this not boost the confidence of the shooter, makes him seem much more dangerous might give him the impression that his is too much of a challenge for the police.

Anyway let me know what you think.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Some thing does not seem right about this.

His misses told him she was sleeping with a copper so he would leave her alone but then a copper gets killed which makes me thing she was telling the truth.

They arrested 2 of his mates for some reason and say he's a danger to the public after he made it clear he's just out to kill coppers.

Do you think he's a bit pi$$ed off over a speeding fine
or is much more going on then we are told and he was set up and now wants payment.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i live about 35 miles north of rothbury and I've noticed theirs allot of police in the area from other forces i guess their probably in every town and village within a certain radius. this guys putting the police to shame so it's only natural they've called in the S.A.S. it isn't every day in England let alone northumberland that a man shoots a cop and declares a one man war on the force.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think if he has any sense he will turn himself in I don't really know the ins and outs of what he's done but I do know the SAS aren't well known for taking prisoners and this guy will probably end up with a few full clips in him.

Waste of the SAS's talents I guess it is but maybe they just took it on as a training exercise well either that or someone with a lot of clout wants him dealt with.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think its ridiculous the amount of man power and money spent on this one criminal. Sure he's a danger to the police force, but he has said he's not going to hurt the public.

And today the police are saying it has changed, but there is no evidence to prove it. Is it just fear tactics to justify the enormous expenses? This guy is turning out to be more elusive than Osama Bin Laden.

This story doesnt make sense to me. Why all this effort for one person? I wonder how many crimes are going unnoticed around the country because forces are spread thin and concentrated in one area?

I think maybe they are trying to save face cos he's long gone and they know it but wont admit it. Either way it shows up the complete incompetence in the British police force.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

if she has been shagging a copper there not gonna come out and admit it are they. i think the reason there trying to say he's now a danger to the public now is to stop people supporting the dude. killing cop's in some circles is an achievement and not necessarily just to criminals. i don't even think he's in the rothbury area anymore.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think its reasonable for them to put allot of man power into getting this guy because his threats make it very difficult for the police to operate safely. I just had another thought though sorry i should have put this in the OP i forgot about it. I know that the SAS have a habit of going out to major incidents to observe and advice but its usually terrorist incidents of course they could be doing more that that here. And yes i agree this guys ex was most definitely having it off with a copper but there is not way they will ever admit to it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If it is true the SAS are being used to help track this guy down then you should really be asking yourselves why the military are involved in what is a civilian matter?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think they have been using scare tactics from day one. This has been so overplayed in the media it's unbelievable.

Perhaps to keep down discussion on our gun restriction laws. After the cumbria incident there were some who said the shooter could have been stopped much sooner if other, law abiding members of the public had had guns like in America.

Today tipped the scales for me totally, "we suspect he is now targeting members of the public. We will be providing no further information". Bollocks! You don't need to mention that then, do you? Purely for scare tactics.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

Its actually quite normal for SF units to be used in major policing matters in the UK. SAS have been used in quite a few incidents i can think of recently such as 7/7 and the stuff that went on that July and last year during terrorist raids. SRR are currently in conducting operations in Northern Ireland according to some reports.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You say he is not going up against the public but he hasn't been robbing the public. He robbed a chip shop and so is clearly going up against the public in his ridiculous crusade over some skanky pikey girl.

Guardian - Source

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Maybe I have been watching too many Hollywood films but I am starting to wonder what all the fuss is here..... Is Mr Moat, Raul to his mates possibly 'deep cover', a former Spec Forces individual or even a'sleeper unit'.. Maybe he is not even Human, now there's a thought, possibly from the future come back to change history !!!??

Finally, he was into tree surgery as a business he had setup....... what's the betting that all the Police , guns, dogs, etc etc are walking around playing peek-a-boo and he is up a tree somewhere, camoflaughed watching, waiting ???

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Personaly IMO i think that there are loads of fug ups in the story all together, along with those already pointed out how about this,
Remember the car that was found abandoned? He was supposed to have used it? well how did a resident say that it was strange because it had been there a day or so when it was only the day before?

I have also massive doubts regarding everything about this, but i have another massive theory which many of you will probably dis me for.

A possible terrorist attack or false flag? All are focusing upo north? I have seen nothing but this story on the news for days, nothing at all. No oilspill etc etc?
How convinient that this happens?

July 11th
World Cup Final
Netherlands
solar eclipse
Total eclipse Easter Island (look at the significances)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm not sure about anyone else, but with my tin foil hat firmly planted on my head, the way this is playing out in the media smells fishy.. and I do wonder what they are using this to redirect our attention from and cover up.

Aside from that how on earth does he keep getting those notes out...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I doubt they are there. It would have been on the likes of the BBC or Sky as it would be big news. also special forces doesnt mean that it is the SAS.
It could be the SRR or SFSG.
But I think that this is probably a rumour that has caught the attention of the papers

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Guys i really don’t think there is any conspiracy here other than that his ex might have been getting her lawn mowed by a police officer.
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Are you being serious?
reply to post by shmo5

Totally agree with you, this could be just the press exaggerating but i did hear about this on BBC news 24 today about SF getting involved, they were talking about what the papers were saying. I do not think it would be the SAS, SRR are more reconnaissance orientated, SAS have more CT capabilities that could be called on for this type of incident and are more familiar working with the police. The SFSG wouldn’t be involved in this, they are just that a support group.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Im aware of a number of instances of the military being used in civilian matters Kevin, the problem is they shouldn't be.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's interesting to read the comments complaining about the manpower and expense going into saving him when "he's only targeting police". I don't see why it matters who he is targeting. He is a murderer, is he not? He killed one man and tried to kill two others - the fact that they are police officers is irrelevant. Would there be so many complaints if he was targeting only dentists?

Besides that, just because he says he's only out to kill cops does not mean that he's telling the truth, or won't change his mind at some point. I'd the thinking here is that if he'll walk up and shoot a cop, he'll have no problem shooting a member of the public if he so wishes.

I really don't see what the fuss is here - he is a killer, apparently intent on becoming a serial killer. Perhaps there is more that we don't know, but I think his actions and intentions are enough to justify using whatever resources are necessary to catch him.

That said, it would be interesting if he's a British Jason Bourne

EDIT: By the way, this thread is the first I've heard of this situation, so I don't know much about it. My opinion here is based on other posts and a brief scan of the linked news article.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

Don't you mean 007 - James Bond type character.....?

I sometimes get confused over those two

James Bond vs Jason Bourne ...... it's an easy mistake, even Hollywood got confused...

LOL

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join