It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS joins hunt for killer who's taunted police for five days

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Quite the soap opera, isn't it?

'Look! Another letter and it's got a riddle on it - my first is in psycho, but not in path...'' - Please!

CX

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There is a lot of talk about Raoul Moat being ex forces due to the "skills" he is displaying in evading the police.

I would say most survival enthusiasts could survive in those woods for a few days, the weather is ok at the moment so shelter shouldn't be a propblem in those woods (he had a tent anyway).

So long as he sorts his water out he could even go without food for a little while.

Then theres the evasion of the police. There are more than enough sites on the net and programmes on telly that show the kinds of resources the police use when chasing a fugitive, the average runaway who had some knowledge or interest in this subject would have a pretty good advantage on someone who was not a survival enthusiast.

Let's face it, probably half of our members, no matter if they'd served in the forces or not could do what this guy has done so far. I would certainly not go as far as bigging him up as some ex SF guy.

The news has only ever reported him as working in a factory from the age of 19, then theres stories of him camping with his girlfriend in his 20's (no mention of joining forces). After that it seems he got tangled up in the doorman and criminal world.

So no special forces here, if he was he probably wouldn't have left the mess that they found up at the farm yesterday.

CX.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I agree there is no way this guy is ex SF just and enthusiast anyone with a SAS survival manual or any survival manual for that matter who like to watch the odd ray Mears program. They keep saying though that they have “advisors” and am just wondering if this is SF not actually involved. I could be completely wrong i am just speculating.

Also anyone want to speculate as to how his “circumstances have changed”

[edit on 8-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

From someone who IS trained I have to say that the crap you get online regarding escape and evasion is crap...

Talking of crap, he has to crap and pee... I myself would carry my waste on me to leave no sign and to add to that, without speciaist training and extreme discapline mxed with personal skills. Fieldcraft et al then this guy has gone wayyy above average in his evasion....

He is no bouncer... I would stake my life on it no matter what te msm says... Gifted amateurs would not last this long.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

What do you mean by saying your “Trained”

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOXMIS
If it is true the SAS are being used to help track this guy down then you should really be asking yourselves why the military are involved in what is a civilian matter?

I'm just throwing this out there. But is the fugitive by any chance military-trained? If he is? Maybe that's the reason why.

CX

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by CX

I agree there is no way this guy is ex SF just and enthusiast anyone with a SAS survival manual or any survival manual for that matter who like to watch the odd ray Mears program. They keep saying though that they have “advisors” and am just wondering if this is SF not actually involved. I could be completely wrong i am just speculating.

Agreed

I can't see him hanging around in the woods for too long, the weather forecast says it's going to rain a few times over the next few days, if his shelter building is not pretty much perfect he'll have no choice but to break cover and look for something more solid.

If he had an interest in survival, i wonder if he took a BOB of any kind with him?

I'd imagine he'd want to get back with some of his friends who will most likely tuck him away for as long as needed, this guy is going to have a few fans in the criminal underworld by now.

That said, i have noticed a couple of comments on the net and Twitter saying that he has now flooded the place with police...which will not go down well with some of the more dodgy characters up north.

As for the advisors, i think it's pretty safe to say that we aren't going to know for sure if they have SAS helping out. I do think the police are talking rubbish about the claim that Moat is now threatening harm to the wider public.....did you see the way she was back pedalling earlier when grilled on the subject?

CX.

[edit on 8/7/10 by CX]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

They want this finished asap, the guy has now threatened the general public and the police have called in the army to route him out, which would be good thing,

If you seen the pictures in the mail and other national papers you see they are army, not police, some look like hired muscle (poss SAS) the weapons they are welding are something else, they range from 9mm h&k's (normal British police issue) to GS6 and 0.50 Sniper rifles with some rather impressive silencers, the garb they are wearing are not standard issue for police either by the looks of things.

Its about time they dealt with this guy, it seems he has mental issues and problems with steroid abuse, but he has shot an officer so i don't think there is much hope for this to end with him being still alive

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

The weapons police use vary form force to force i know that allot still use the HK MP5 the met and other some other English forces use the HK G36C and even their clothing seems to different form force to force. I haven’t seen any fifty calls however I have seem some very impressive fire power. Like i say the regiment have probably just sent down a few advisers form CRW.

CX

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

I think the gear you are seeing on the telly is pretty standard for the firearms units these days, yes it's the Gucci gear but it's definately not something that only "hired help" or SF would use.

They did state yesterday that there were plain clothed firearms officers around there too, again...nothing unusual.

Plus i'd be suprised if there were .50 cals there, i'm no sniper but i'd imagine you'd have to be a little carefull when using something that powerful in the middle of public.

CX.

[edit on 8/7/10 by CX]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

The guy he killed (the ex's new boyfriend) wasn't a Policeman! This has been known since day 1, so quite why you and others are harping on about it still proves you haven't been folowing the story properly, which brings into question your squishy "hew just needs a hug" attitude.

The guy is unstable, he is known to have hit his ex on many occasions and he uses steroids. He got sent down for assault and while in there, his missus starts seeing a karate instructor from Slough. Moat has a long standing grudge against the Police and even accused them when they arrested him previously of shagging his missus, long before this episode.

I suggest you go and read a non-paper based news source for an accurate and unsensationalised story, the Mail et al will hype this up to the moon and back, leaving out the "boring" facts.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

In the mail today, you see the army wandering down through a small road, the guy standing in the middle of the shot has a g36, 09mm pistol, and a sniper rifle on his back, seems a bit of excess fire power for a police sniper, they say this guys been on steroids for a long time, excess usage and abuse of this type of drug will make him a bugger to bring down with a 9mm h&k, most likely the reason why there is that amount of fire power available to them

wee mad

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In my 22 years of military service with the british army and IDF i have done a few escape and evasion "things" myself.... Which is why im sure that this guy has too... I am also sure that he is laughing at the police armed with 9 mm mp5's which a wet blanket can stop at 100m (less but wont say how much)...

Police wise what we have is a few kids with socialogy degrees without a clue about anything but getting law abiding citizens speeding fines andnothing about real crims in a realife situation outside the classroom...

Bring back the proper coppers who used to cuff your ears then take you home for another spankng.... What we have today is social workers who prey on evil motorists..

I hope Raul escapes with his lfe at least.. But....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Haha, another person who actually believes we have some super-network of camera's everywhere.

Surely this proves we are not monitored everywhere we go?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

According to the msm report... Then we have the letters which all exclaim this guy wants to die killing cops yet he has not gone out in a blaze of glory taking a few out with him huh?

All we have is what the cops and media tel us which seems to be Conditioning us to his death....

In a escape and evasion i would not have the time to write long letters and neither would he...

He shot one of their own allegedly (no pics)... No dogs either... Wtf is going on huh?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No I mean what regiment. You say you done E&E training who with?

There was a pic in a paper of the shot cop btw

[edit on 8-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I was a fusilier and idf but above that you know better...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Police wise what we have is a few kids with socialogy degrees without a clue about anything but getting law abiding citizens speeding fines andnothing about real crims in a realife situation outside the classroom...

Bring back the proper coppers who used to cuff your ears then take you home for another spankng.... What we have today is social workers who prey on evil motorists..

I hope Raul escapes with his lfe at least.. But....

As someone with a sociology degree I take slight offence, but agree with your statement about the Police. They seem to have made a comedy of errors in letting this guy get away. Right from the warnings issued by his former jail and failing to get him after he had robbed the chip shop.

For some reason though i want him to get away and escape. i know he should face punishment for his crime, but I'm still kind of willing him to evade the police.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If there is pic then so what?

It does not answer the rest but givrs more publuc justification for his death...

We have no death penalty... Maybe the jackboot cops do huh?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I think this guy is going for suicide by cop. You said you were a fusilier who got seconded to the IDF, what you do in the IDF never really herd of anything like that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join