It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Here you go! This site is like random. www.stumbleupon.com... tell em how you like later.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

Cool. I found it. Thanks.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Christians in this thread: "God is real, there is proof and if you deny it you are not thinking rationally."

Atheists in this thread: "God isn't real and if you deny this you are not thinking rationally."

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle?

Given that there is ZERO scientific proof for the existence of a deity, I doubt it. Of course there's the off-chance that a deity really exists (although it's probably a lot different than what most religious followers think he/she/it looks like) but right now, saying there is no proof for his/her/its existence and that you therefore don't believe is the only RATIONAL and LOGICAL thing to do.

If this weren't the case, you could also say a giant purple turtle farted and that created the universe...no one can prove you wrong, but you can't prove you're right either. In essence, you could make up anything you want as long as no one can prove you wrong with 100% certainty. Doesn't change the fact that you're still making stuff up, or following people who follow people who made stuff up

If it makes you happy to be a blind, obedient sheep...by all means, everyone has the right to believe whatever they want and be happy. But don't for a second consider your belief a FACT...'cause it's NOT!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think if there is a God, he simply set the ball and let it roll, or is busy making other universes right now, and would rather not focus on one tiny little ape species on one little rock.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That's what I think? Have you ever study Islam and all the scientific wonders in the Quran?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Mage

That's what I think? Have you ever study Islam and all the scientific wonders in the Quran?

Yes, but I don't think it's true, just because some of it might ring true with what we consider science today doesn't mean the entire idea is true.
I really doubt any god would want to be worshipped in any capacity.
But, if a human God were to be true, it would probably be allah, due to the surprisingly accurate scientific ideas in the Quran.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I agree, if you lived by me I could give you a great book for science in the quran.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I think if there is a God, he simply set the ball and let it roll, or is busy making other universes right now, and would rather not focus on one tiny little ape species on one little rock.

That's another important point. Let's say there was really a creator who created the whole universe...don't you think it's incredibly egoistic and arrogant of you to assume he should care for your prayers?? I mean, trillions over trillions of stars and planets, billions of people, but you really believe the creator gives a crap about your wish for a new VW Golf GTI??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Sorry for my late response!

Thanks for replying!

Sure. When I stand, I realize that it is by the grace of God. When I feel love, it is by the grace of God. Everything I experience is by the grace of God.

Why do you give God credit for these things?

In my own opinion, I give natural reasoning credit. when I stand, I realize that I can only do so because of so many years of evolution. When I feel love, I realize I can only do so for the same reason.

Kind regards

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Given that there is ZERO scientific proof for the existence of a deity, I doubt it. Of course there's the off-chance that a deity really exists (although it's probably a lot different than what most religious followers think he/she/it looks like) but right now, saying there is no proof for his/her/its existence and that you therefore don't believe is the only RATIONAL and LOGICAL thing to do.

You know XYZ that whole proof thing is really just a matter of perspective.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MrXYZ

No, there can never be proof of any god, even if a giant being came down from the skies and proclaimed it.
There can be evidence of a god however.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

In my own opinion, I give natural reasoning credit. when I stand, I realize that I can only do so because of so many years of evolution. When I feel love, I realize I can only do so for the same reason.

Well then your mind is made up and you should have stated that.
Not that it's a big Deal. It does suggest a tenedency.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There was a user who said the exact same thing. The videos he uploaded were really informant for both parties. His name is Romantic_Rebel. He like anime and games I can tell from his avatar. I wish everyone would make peace on this site.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ah, my mind is not made up! I shall quote something I said:

In my own opinion

Opinions are not facts and can change when evidence is presented. If you have evidence that the things previously stated should be contributed to God rather than any natural cause, I would love to hear them so that I can change my opinion to match reality!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MrXYZ

Not really if you're honest...scientific proof and evidence is clearly defined. Obviously if you cheat and don't use the same rule set (scientific proof, logic, rationality) you apply to the rest of thing when looking at religion, you can always just call whatever belief you have a "fact".

But according to our current scientific knowledge, there is no RATIONAL, LOGICAL, SCIENTIFIC PROOF when it comes to creator theories. It's all guess work, wishful thinking, and indoctrination.

Of course some will say "my personal experience is proof"...but that's a cop-out. If that's how you evaluate things, you could make ANY claim you want, and no one can ever prove you wrong. I could claim a giant purple turtle spoke to me in my sleep and told me the universe is nothing but its fart...and you know what? You couldn't prove me wrong. Doesn't make my statement correct, but just like with all religious statements, you can always pull the "my personal experience is all the proof I need" card...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Mage
reply to post by randyvs

There was a user who said the exact same thing. The videos he uploaded were really informant for both parties. His name is Romantic_Rebel. He like anime and games I can tell from his avatar. I wish everyone would make peace on this site.

It's hard when others make threads about people who don't believe the things they do then tell them they're going to be tortured forever.
I find most religious people quite nice, including you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Thank you, I'm flattered by your complement.
Second line!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Perspective? Are we redefining the definition of proof?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

I think he means for him life itself is proof of god, while others find it proof of evolution, the formation of the universe, etc.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

Why not if it supports your world view?
Right? RIGHT??

Btw, if I seem aggro towards believers, that's not my intention. I firmly believe everyone has the right to believe whatever he/she/it wants as long as it makes him/her happy...and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

But I'm getting really tired of those threads trying to convert people, or try to scare them into believing (like this thread). If it makes you happy, fine. But please stop selling fairy tales to people who prefer facts and rationality over wish believe. It's the same reason why I HATE missionaries. They go to poor countries and scare uneducated people into believing, and often those people believe simply because they gain something (food/water/education/medicine) from it.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join