It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Are you people just not into self preservation or what?
I can certainly imagine myself, after death, resting
peacefully in my grave, with nothing to ever come and
bother me. Even after a lifetime of belief in God.

The thing I can't imagine and am glad I will never have to...
Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep,
by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead.
Then as an Angel is rushing by my comfortable grave, he pauses and points
the way to Judgement day.
This after a long life denying God because I was duped by a fad. Atheism.
The fool says," there is no God" then comes death. then judgement.

The thing I find so ironic about Atheism, is that it is also is a part of prophecy.
You literally are predicted as a great falling away.
If it weren't for Atheism the Bible might be in error.
God fortold of the day when arrogant men would scough at
God fearing people.
So what all can you tell me?
Maybe death dosn't exist either?

One thing that can't be argued, we are all intelligent enough that we should have
it sorted out by the time we do sleep. So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
Your life is literally in your hands.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I used to think that there was no life after death.

Until I had a encounter with what I term as a "ghost".

So obviously, I have my doubts about "death" now.

The thing seemed fully aware and conscious of me.

There must be some form of afterlife. And perhaps you really can spy on people and walk through walls??

Talk about heaven!

I know who I will be spying on

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Atheists don't usually believe in an afterlife, so there's no point in worrying about "Judgement day".

What you're trying to do, like Christianity often does, is to appeal to us through fear. Well, we aren't going to have any of that.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Atheism is not a religion. So stop while you're ahead. Please don't use any book of size, color or form to try to scare people to convert to whatever religious belief you follow.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I never really liked the idea of set religions and I belive in afterlife as my consciousness and soul leave this body and also believe in some sort of higher power because without it I wouldn't be typing this.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What you're trying to do, like Christianity often does, is to appeal to us through fear. Well, we aren't going to have any of that
reply to post by PieKeeper

The truth about what I was appealing to is more than evident.
You can say it was fear, but what was it really?
I know you can say it.
So you don't believe in judgement day. That's not any information to me.
You do believe in death. Do you know what happens after life?

Romantic Rebel
I know Atheism isn't a religion. I am not one who believes you must have religion to be right with God.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What? Another random bible versus you don't know it really stands for and most likely it lost all it's meaning!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
The truth about what I was appealing to is more than evident.
You can say it was fear, but what was it really?
I know you can say it.

You're appealing to fear, just like the god-fearing puritans did.

That's the evident truth I see, unless you have some other secret truth you aren't making clear.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Come-on now! A person of your ability in discernment can absolutly see that I'm appealing to common sense. Do you know what happens after we die? See the truth is the truth. There is only one truth. You must be pretty sure of yourself to be an Atheist. So what happens after we die?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Come-on now! A person of your ability in discernment can absolutly see that I'm appealing to common sense. Do you know what happens after we die?

No, and you don't either. Since there is no evidence for an afterlife, to believe that there is one is silly.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm still having very good dreams.

Thank God this wasn't another damn Platapus or Banana related thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree with your points.

God does not believe in atheist either.

So no big deal.

But as you stated they will discover one day

[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
[8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The thing I can't imagine and am glad I will never have to...
Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep,
by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead.

If the reason you (or anyone) are following God or religion or whatever is so you won't have to face the scenario outlined above, then I feel sorry for you.

You say there is only one truth. And from what we know in our physical states, I would have to agree with you. But do we know that that holds true in a NON-physical realm, if there is one? Do we fully know the boundaries of a non-physical existence, if there is one? Who's being arrogant here?

The thing I find so ironic about Atheism, is that it is also is a part of prophecy.

Then, as a believer, you should be thankful that atheists exist. If we all took your advice and found your truth, the bible would be in error. You wouldn't want that, would you?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

God doesn't believe in Atheist? Then that means there are no Hell for Atheist. By your logic we're already saved and living happy without religion.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for the thread! It's an interesting subject.

To start off, I would just like to state I do not have enough evidence to support any type of life after death. If I was given more evidence to believe in such a thing, I certainly would believe it! If you have evidence, please supply it so that I can review it and make my own conclusion on it.

You do believe in death. Do you know what happens after life?

As far as I am aware, what I will experience after I die will be what I experienced before I was born. I wouldn't mind it, because I wouldn't have a mind.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Rom.16

1. [18] For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I believe I'm more complex. But hey I know Christian's who go to Church, are simple and listen to their pastor all the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper

Come-on now! A person of your ability in discernment can absolutly see that I'm appealing to common sense. Do you know what happens after we die?

No, and you don't either. Since there is no evidence for an afterlife, to believe that there is one is silly.

I wish I were so lucky to sit and believe that crap.

Sadly I have seen what must have been a 'ghost'.

What am I going to do? Pretend it never happened? Yeah right.

Whatever I saw, it proves you people don't know crap about what you are talking about. It proves you are all full of it. IMHO.

Like I would ever believe the ignorant crap that comes out of the mouths around here...

When you see a ghost hopefully you will be reasonable and realize there is more to this universe than we originally thought, or you are in complete denial and afraid of the truth yourself.

It has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with physical reality.

I just really hope you see a ghost too. Then you will realize how 99% of people don't know crap about this world and it's "physics".

Even the religious nuts don't even know wtf is going on.

Life and Death are still a mystery. Trust me, no one has figured it out yet...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There can be only one truth. Something I learned in philosophy class. How important to learn this saves from a lot of trouble in the future. Nice post!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

You have captured the essence of this thread and it most certainly has nothing to do with fear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join