It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Why would they have to know that to prove evolution?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

I will be with you in a minute. I need to respond to XYZ. Thank you for waiting. If you can't I understand.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wait...so you call my Israel prophecy argument "weak", yet it completely destroys your initial claim?? What does that say about your "prophecy"?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Conclusion

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Here we go again

Again, proof isn't in the eye of the beholder!! If you can prove something, others can test it and verify it. You can TEST evolution because we have fossils, carbon dating, and a ton of other evidence. Of course no one has ever witnessed one species changing into another, if you think that happens in a time scale you can "observe" yourself, your understanding of evolution is very poor. But we have fossil proof and plenty of evidence to support evolution.

The same can't be said about religions

Then surely scientist must know just how many base pair of DNA change over a generation. Do you know?

Typical rates of mutation are between 10-10 and 10-12 mutations per base pair of DNA per generation.
Source is www.talkorigins.org...
I'm sure you'll find an excuse to ignore this information though.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

The 10-10 and the 10-12. I do not understand that. is that 10 to the 10 power and 10 to the 12 power?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Interesting reply! I'd like to quickly respond.

Then surely scientist must know just how many base pair of DNA change over a generation. Do you know?

As far as I am aware, mutation rate is different for each species. I can try to explain further if you are interested!

Fossils have no transitional forms... i.e. the missing link.

As far as I am aware, there are many of them.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Here we go again

Again, proof isn't in the eye of the beholder!! If you can prove something, others can test it and verify it. You can TEST evolution because we have fossils, carbon dating, and a ton of other evidence. Of course no one has ever witnessed one species changing into another, if you think that happens in a time scale you can "observe" yourself, your understanding of evolution is very poor. But we have fossil proof and plenty of evidence to support evolution.

The same can't be said about religions

Typical rates of mutation are between 10-10 and 10-12 mutations per base pair of DNA per generation.
Source is www.talkorigins.org...
I'm sure you'll find an excuse to ignore this information though.

The 10-10 and the 10-12. I do not understand that. is that 10 to the 10 power and 10 to the 12 power?

Yes, if you had visited the link, it would said that more clearly.

link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Evolution has been proven.

No what's been proven is really just adaptation with a decal over the original label.
Adaptation encoded in our dna by what?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by randyvs]

link   

Why would they have to know that to prove evolution?

For the mathematics.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Evolution has been proven.

No what's been proven is really just adaptation with a decal over the original label.

Oh, ok, twist it to whatever you want, it's evolution, and it shows that life gradually changes over time which would lead to multi cellular complex life.
I'd love to know how you explain the fossil record that shows simple life developing before complex life.
The funny thing is, it doesn't disprove god, it just disproves primitive human concepts of god, and thats something people like you just can't take.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I still think it's hilarious that so many believers criticize evolution and its evidence/proof...yet they continue to believe in a theory that has NO proof whatsoever

Newsflash: Even if evolution were based on zero facts, it still doesn't validate your own belief...sorry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

As far as I am aware, mutation rate is different for each species. I can try to explain further if you are interested!

No just for humans is fine.

How many change in a generation on the norm?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So how many base pair change in a generation? I do not know what 10-10 and 10-12 means.

link   

What??
2nd line.

link   

That's akin to an atheist saying take a picture of god or he doesn't exist.
It's ridiculous in the highest degree, we've been here for about 2000 years as a society, probably less than that, and you want us to measure how long it takes for our entire species to evolve.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

So how many base pair change in a generation? I do not know what 10-10 and 10-12 means.

It's to the power of, can you not read or are you ignoring my post on purpose?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply!

Human mitochondrial DNA has been estimated to have mutation rates of ~3×10−6 or ~2.7×10−5 per base per 20 year generation. ; these rates are considered to be significantly higher than rates of human genomic mutation at ~2.5×10−8 per base per generation.

Source and Source

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I know that they have done it for a plant over 30 generations. So they have not done it for humans yet? Okay. I guess it would take some time.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami

Thank you for the reply!

Human mitochondrial DNA has been estimated to have mutation rates of ~3×10−6 or ~2.7×10−5 per base per 20 year generation. ; these rates are considered to be significantly higher than rates of human genomic mutation at ~2.5×10−8 per base per generation.

Source and Source

Kind regards

Forgive my knowledge of those numbers. Is there anyway you could tell me how much that is? Like 1000, or 20 billion?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I know that they have done it for a plant over 30 generations. So they have not done it for humans yet? Okay. I guess it would take some time.

Humans are quite a bit more complex than plants mate.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

sorry to interject (and meant to do so earlier but got caught on the phone- about the daily evidence question)but I cannot resist, so here is a few points to ponder-

"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."-Mark9.37

By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?-Is53.8

She gave birth to a son-Rev12.5

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join