It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer drug was infected with HIV and knowingly sold

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm not amplifying the issue, I'm reporting the facts. Have you seen me hyping up anything here or implied we should go break down the doors of these corporations and lynch the people responsible? No. But I'll be damned if I discover something like this and keep it hidden from people on ATS who actually care. I had an aunt die from AIDS.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
How many teenagers contributed to this thread?

We have what is called universal precautions. Blood is checked and then re-checked.

The tools that checked if donated blood was HIV positive were nonexistent before 1992. Heat treatment was nonexistent before the hemophilia HIV scandal. This thread is about people who should be behind bars but aren't, not about a current drug in the market that carries HIV.

Now I, an engineer mind you, rather talk with teenagers than someone who doesn't even comprenhend what this thread is about.

Here is a link from a respected source:
aids.about.com...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by daniel_g]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I figured I'd get no responses. Your just conspiritorial screamers. Nothing to back up your ignorant statements. Take me on. I am ready and willing to give you statistics and hard core medical information. Run, babies, run.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

Well, we have an engineer whom can barely grasp grammar and spelling. I feel better.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Well, we have an engineer whom can barely grasp grammar and spelling. I feel better.

Engineers are not english teachers. Any other ignorant comments?

Also, you want a report from the CDC? No problem:
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yes, when you write your next copyright for your next invention, I would suggest brushing up on your english. Your a four year degree dude with many limitations.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Yes, when you write your next copyright for your next invention, I would suggest brushing up on your english. Your a four year degree dude with many limitations.

Engineers don't write copyrights, the patent office does (or someone else, I don't know and I don't care, but the fact is engineers don't). I currently have 2 active patent applications and my english hasn't been a problem.

Now, do we get back on topic? I gave you a CDC link, what do you say about that?

Not enough? Here is another:
www.cdc.gov...

Scroll down to Transmission Category and then read the fine print below the blue boxes.

btw, it's "you're", not your. If you are going to criticise someone else's spelling you should at least try to keep yours error free, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You know, with at at least a graduate degree, you would write your own thesis and communicate your basis of knowledge to your upper management. Then your corporate affilliation would fill in the blanks for you. Afterall, they own your creative skills.

Why not do it on your own? SAIC, Westinghouse, Los Alamos or what affiliation do you have to make you a smart guy?

You sound green behind the ears to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Next thing I know you're telling me who to marry. Guess the CDC links are worthless cause they didn't come from a phd...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I'm done with you. You have no material credibility to the cause of this thread. Wish you luck in your endeavors. Remember, crucial research will set you apart from your comrads. Set the bar higher for yourself or you will not do so good. Best of luck in life.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by airforce47
I doubt it and this should be flagged as a hoax. It's a known medical fact that the HIV virus can last about 45 seconds out of a host and maybe a max of a couple of minutes under perfect conditions.

Check facts before posting stuff like this.

Really??????

Please inform the family of Ryan White

A hemophiliac, he became infected with HIV from a contaminated blood treatment and, when diagnosed in December 1984, was given six months to live.

I guess checking facts is a little more difficult than you thought?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

We have what is called universal precautions. Blood is checked and then re-checked. Your blowing up a situation. Yes, unfortunately, I will admit the medical community can not catch everything. However, there is NO outbreak causing AIDS exponentially by your reasoning. The medical community is far more responsible than you suggest. Yes, I am aware of some of the egreigious errors. But please stop amplifying this issue. Give me some statistics by the CDC or you have no merit.

Also keep in mind there is Hep A, B, C, syhphillis, Gonnorhea, etc. Really, which is worse?

Am I reading the wrong thread?

or are you?

I do not see anyone saying this was a pill. I do not see anyone saying AIDS is distributed in blister packs. I see no one saying that AIDS is spreading exponentially due to this. I do not see anyone saying this is an ongoing event. I do not see anyone talking about a current outbreak. I see no one talking about anything that could be solved by TODAY'S screening processes. Who is making what worse?

Am I losing my mind or have all these things been said and then edited out just to make you seem crazy?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Well of course I like you K J. My understanding was that HIV could be spread by medication. Did I miss something?

I quess I get really tired of disinformation when it comes to HIV. I admit to becoming caustic. Esplain Ricky. What did I miss?

Your friend.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I figured I'd get no responses. Your just conspiritorial screamers. Nothing to back up your ignorant statements. Take me on. I am ready and willing to give you statistics and hard core medical information. Run, babies, run.

Here

As a result the NHS bought blood from US suppliers who used what became known as "skid row" donors, such as prison inmates, who were more likely to have HIV and Hepatitis C.

The report said: "It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that commercial interests took precedence over public health concerns."

It added: "Whether the lack of urgency over much of this period arose from over-hesitant scientific advice or from a sluggish response by government is now difficult to assess."

Nearly 2,000 haemophiliacs have died as a result of exposure to the contaminated blood in what leading medical expert Lord Winston called "the worst treatment disaster in the history of the NHS".

Some 4,670 patients who received blood transfusions in the 1970s and 1980s were infected with Hepatitis C, of whom 1,243 were also infected with HIV.

source

OK, come at me with your facts and statistics but please, do not go one some rant about all kinds of crazy things I never said. I have already seen that show and I am not interested in act II.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Well of course I like you K J. My understanding was that HIV could be spread by medication. Did I miss something?

Yes, you did. The medication is a BLOOD BASED serum that is injected intravenously.

I quess I get really tired of disinformation when it comes to HIV. I admit to becoming caustic. Esplain Ricky. What did I miss?

Your friend.

Calm down a bit then and read. You went on and on about pills and blister packs and spreading epidemics. None of those things were said. This is a blood based medication. That means it is a medium in which HIV can survive. It is injected into the blood stread - how HIV is spread. Any other questions?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

The issue was: Bayer recalled contaminated product and shipped it oversea's to recoup money, where the laws did not prevent it being resold.

Well put Zzombie. This alone makes Bayer guilty of gross negligence. I'm still sitting on the fence about the HIV part though, till I can do my own research.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Par for the course. Remember it was Bayer products that killed the Jews during the Holocaust. If I remember correctly, their German factories were not bombed because they had American shareholders.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

No questions. I will review my inane statements tomorrow and make the appropriate apologies.

Thanx for your pointedness. Guess I sometimes get a bit geared up. Been suffering with HIV when it was called GRIDS.

Too many pain medications and a thread that got my attention. Got a bit tweaked.

Thanx K J. Will repond tomorrow. Have a good night.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

No questions. I will review my inane statements tomorrow and make the appropriate apologies.

Thanx for your pointedness. Guess I sometimes get a bit geared up. Been suffering with HIV when it was called GRIDS.

Too many pain medications and a thread that got my attention. Got a bit tweaked.

Thanx K J. Will repond tomorrow. Have a good night.

Maybe your personal dealings with it have gotten in the way or you have seen too many other things that maybe I have not. It just made no sense to me to call it a hoax and then go on about pills and blister packs and anything currently spreading exponentially. I was really confused by your response but maybe you are in a more sensitive place. Sorry to hear about your suffering. I cannot claim to see things from that same vantage point. Just try not to let it make you get upset over things that were never said. There is enough craziness on ATS as it is, don't ya think?
Be well and the closest thing to prayers I have are positive thoughts so I will keep you in those.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I'm done with you. You have no material credibility to the cause of this thread. Wish you luck in your endeavors. Remember, crucial research will set you apart from your comrads. Set the bar higher for yourself or you will not do so good. Best of luck in life.

Sorry to derail the thread, I just have to say. You're the most ridiculous person I've ever come across on ATS, and that's saying a lot. My jaw literally dropped reading the last 10 of your posts. Can you hear yourself? In your dozen or so posts, you have contributed literally nothing to this thread except idiotic assessments, and misplaced insults.

Reality check - you have not asserted yourself as an expert by any means. Portraying yourself as such just adds to the quickly mounting pile of embarrassment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join