It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer drug was infected with HIV and knowingly sold

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I believe this happened in 2006. Has anyone ever heard about this before? It is shocking! Apparently Bayer knew that medicine was contaminated with the HIV virus. The FDA told them they needed to pull them from the shelves in the U.S., so Bayer then gave it to Europe, Asia and Latin America after basically receiving our government's blessing to do so.

The contaminated medicine was called Factor 8 which was an injection given to hemophiliacs. Thousands of people contracted HIV because of this.

At the time none of the corporate executives were indicted, and I doubt if they ever were. We all know how evil Big Pharma is but this is just mind blowing.

Here is a video of the MSNBC interview with an attorney:

More sources and links:

Wikipedia entry

Hep C victims caught in waiting game

www.factor8movie.com...

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 7/3/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Vigilante justice just might have a place in the medicine that Bayer needs...

This is incredible seeing this...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I doubt it and this should be flagged as a hoax. It's a known medical fact that the HIV virus can last about 45 seconds out of a host and maybe a max of a couple of minutes under perfect conditions.

Check facts before posting stuff like this.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm sorry but that is such BS. That is polite as I can get. Acquiring HIV is a blood to blood infection. Lets kill ignorance now. No offence OP, but please investigate the disease to knowledgeable levels. You sound obtuse. Are you considering an internship with the Westboro Baptist Church?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What are you talking about?? The virus was in a blood-based injectable drug. This was in the New York Times and Bayer knew that people contracted HIV because of it. Obviously they aren't admitting that they knowingly passed it along to other countries though.

You want sources?

Wikipedia entry

Hep C victims caught in waiting game

www.factor8movie.com...

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 7/3/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This has been accepted fact for years now, and ATS of all places has people jumping on it calling it a hoax....

Sure, and this is probably a hoax too

Big Pharma researcher admits to faking dozens of research studies for Pfizer, Merck

Dr. Scott Reuben, a former member of Pfizer’s speakers’ bureau, has agreed to plead guilty to faking dozens of research studies that were published in medical journals.

Dr. Reuben accepted a $75,000 grant from Pfizer to study Celebrex in 2005. His research, which was published in a medical journal, has since been quoted by hundreds of other doctors and researchers as “proof” that Celebrex helped reduce pain during post-surgical recovery. There’s only one problem with all this: No patients were ever enrolled in the study!
Dr. Scott Reuben, it turns out, faked the entire study and got it published anyway.

It wasn’t the first study faked by Dr. Reuben: He also faked study data on Bextra and Vioxx drugs, reports the Wall Street Journal.

The Day of London reports that 21 articles written by Dr. Reuben that appear in medical journals have apparently been fabricated, too, and must be retracted.

Sure, one of those drugs - vioxx - only killed 88-140,000 people compared to AIDS' millions, so maybe it has more credibility...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

Really?

So all of the labs out there "looking for a cure" can only get hold of the virus for 45 seconds to a few minutes before its "poof! worthless!" ?

This has been a well known issue for quite some time now, calling it a hoax is a little late in the game.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by airforce47

Really?

So all of the labs out there "looking for a cure" can only get hold of the virus for 45 seconds to a few minutes before its "poof! worthless!" ?

This has been a well known issue for quite some time now, calling it a hoax is a little late in the game.

What do you expect? This site is full of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by airforce47
I doubt it and this should be flagged as a hoax. It's a known medical fact that the HIV virus can last about 45 seconds out of a host and maybe a max of a couple of minutes under perfect conditions.

Check facts before posting stuff like this.

Ok, so lets check facts.

May I ask how long it takes, on average, for haemophilia blood products to reach the end user?

Sencondly, care to upload a youtube video in which *you* extract blood from a HIV infected person, and then use the same needle to extract your own blood after waiting 5 minutes. Nothing to worry about, right?

Edited in case there are people out there that actually may wanna try that stunt just because airforce4 said it was safe:

It should be noted that HIV can survive for several days in the small amount of blood that remains in a needle after use, because the blood is trapped where air cannot dry it out. As a result, used needles are very risky for HIV transmission; they provide a direct path into the bloodstream. Ideally, used needles should never be reused, but if they are, they should always be cleaned with bleach or alcohol before re-use. See the section on Injection Drug Risk Reduction for additional information on this subject.

In other words, don't do it. Also, from the same website:

Hemophilia treatments: Hemophilia is a genetic disease in which people (almost all men) lack the ability to clot blood. To control the condition, hemophiliacs take Factor VIII, a clotting factor. Each dose of Factor VIII comes from the pooled blood of many donors. Currently, over 90% of hemophiliacs in the U.S. have been infected with HIV because of receiving contaminated Factor VIII in the early years of the epidemic. Factor VIII is now heat-treated to kill the virus. In addition, there are new synthetic products that do not pose any risk for HIV and which accomplish the same function.

Source:
www.sfaf.org...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by daniel_g]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I personally knew a family with a hemophiliac that died years later from taking the contaminated product.

So take your skepticism and inject some....if your so damn sure it wont harm anyone.

The lawsuit started in the 90's.

The issue was: Bayer recalled contaminated product and shipped it oversea's to recoup money, where the laws did not prevent it being resold.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
A pill is NOT going to give you HIV! Period. Get a grip please.

You must have fresh blood to blood or other BODILY fluids to pass this infection on.

Please let this thread die. Totally nonsensical.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I can not say if HIV was present in those drugs, simply because I wasn't there...

However..since it is a drug that is used trough injection for haemophilia patients there is a possibility contiminated needles were used..

Also I found the following

"In a laboratory, HIV has been kept viable (able to infect) for up to 15 days, and even after the body fluid containing it had dried. However, these experiments involved an extremely high concentration of the virus which was kept at a stable temperature and humidity. These conditions are very unlikely to exist outside of a laboratory. HIV is very fragile, and many common substances, including hot water, soap, bleach and alcohol, will kill it."

Source

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

You must have fresh blood to blood or other BODILY fluids to pass this infection on.

Yup, because you can inject pills into your bloodstream...
Not everything bayer makes is a pill.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There is no drug in the world that is going to pass on HIV. How many teenagers contributed to this thread?

This ignorance is beyond conspiracy.

If I wanted to kill people, I would utilize anthrax or another biological agent to hurt others (no I would not even consider such a thing).

HIV is not blistered in packets or given in pill form. Freaking dumb anaologies.

And no, I don't wish sickness upon anyone. However, the contributors here seem to have no problem spreading disinformation.

Please graduate middle school.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

What the heck are you talking about? This is not a pill, it's an INJECTION CLOTTING MEDICINE MADE FROM BLOOD. Have you been following the thread at all?

(P.S. When I first made the OP I accidentally typed Bayer Aspirin and removed it within minutes, but obviously you have not been reading the thread.)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Please, all of you who are hurling uncomplimentary comments toward the OP, please read the links. Wikipedia has a fairly exhaustive account of the thing. I very much doubt that former health ministers would be indicted for such a thing if it were not actually the case. Read.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
I personally knew a family with a hemophiliac that died years later from taking the contaminated product.

So take your skepticism and inject some....if your so damn sure it wont harm anyone.

The lawsuit started in the 90's.

The issue was: Bayer recalled contaminated product and shipped it oversea's to recoup money, where the laws did not prevent it being resold.

I knew about it. Investigation led me to this and many other horrible facts.

Boycott THESE people. I did, years ago. It may save your life or that of someone you love.

And they ended up paying France quite a sum, did they not?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

lol

You made me make my first and only second line comment to get my LOL posted.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

What the heck are you talking about? This is not a pill, it's an INJECTION CLOTTING MEDICINE MADE FROM BLOOD. Have you been following the thread at all?

(P.S. When I first made the OP I accidentally typed Bayer Aspirin and removed it within minutes, but obviously you have not been reading the thread.)

We have what is called universal precautions. Blood is checked and then re-checked. Your blowing up a situation. Yes, unfortunately, I will admit the medical community can not catch everything. However, there is NO outbreak causing AIDS exponentially by your reasoning. The medical community is far more responsible than you suggest. Yes, I am aware of some of the egreigious errors. But please stop amplifying this issue. Give me some statistics by the CDC or you have no merit.

Also keep in mind there is Hep A, B, C, syhphillis, Gonnorhea, etc. Really, which is worse?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
reply to post by brilab45

:

Please hang up the phone, you are out of your league.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join