It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer drug was infected with HIV and knowingly sold

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I guess you better just label me stupid and take me off that friend list then. I was really hoping you would say something, anything that had to do with facts and reality in your effort to debunk this thread. You are not even willing to try, yet you keep posting angry empty little posts. I was more than willing to hear you out, be convinced, look at your evidence, listen to your story - 3 posts ago.

Why can you not even answer the simple question about how Ryan White got infected? Why do you refuse to do that? Whatever. Go be angry and I will stay stupid. Thanks for all the help.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Please lets let Ryan White out of this. His story will live on. No need for me to Wikepedia him. He was a brave young man.

Nope, it matters. If you believe the story of how he became infected, then there is no reason to not believe this story. It is the same damn thing. The difference is that the blood was taken outside the US.

Sorry about your girlfriend. Then You know loss a great deal.

I know plenty of loss and have about every disease covered. I have watched more than a few people die right in front of me, many of them slowly. This topic is heated for you. July 4th is heated for me. I was still attempting to really understand you but you blew that off for more ranting so forget it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Please lets let Ryan White out of this. His story will live on. No need for me to Wikepedia him. He was a brave young man.

Nope, it matters. If you believe the story of how he became infected, then there is no reason to not believe this story. It is the same damn thing. The difference is that the blood was taken outside the US.

I know plenty of loss and have about every disease covered. I have watched more than a few people die right in front of me, many of them slowly. This topic is heated for you. July 4th is heated for me. I was still attempting to really understand you but you blew that off for more ranting so forget it.

Well, good. Your heated up.

Ryan White was en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty simple answer. Glad your pissed. Shows what your made of.

I can not give you an opinion on Ryan White. I can give you an opinion on my partner that passed.

The greatest legacy Ryan White left us is funding for HIV meds.

I'm fortunate to be retired military and they take good care of me.

You have anger......we all have anger. I would love to be a bull in a china shop.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Pretty simple answer. Glad your pissed. Shows what your made of.

I can not give you an opinion on Ryan White. I can give you an opinion on my partner that passed.

You have anger......we all have anger. I would love to be a bull in a china shop.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I will respectfully disengage from this thread; as is it is making my blood pressure rise and others too.

I refuse to engage in conspiracy. That's for other folks, not me.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I will respectfully disengage from this thread; as is it is making my blood pressure rise and others too.

C'est la vie. You're an irrational, ignorant buffoon who refuses to actually read about the topic here and understand it has been admitted to by the company. No one wants you to contribute to this thread anymore anyway, because you do not know how to contribute, only how to detract. It seems ignorance has gotten you into other predicaments, too.

There is no conspiracy here. There was HIV found in Factor 8 medicine. Bayer did not put it there deliberately (as far as we know), but when they found out it was in there they pulled it from the U.S. and gave it to other countries deliberately. What's so hard to believe about this? The proof is in black and white and Bayer admitted to it. If you can't accept that, you're just a fool.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

C'est la vie. You're an irrational, ignorant buffoon who refuses to actually read about the topic here and understand it has been admitted to by the company. No one wants you to contribute to this thread anymore anyway, because you do not know how to contribute, only how to detract. It seems ignorance has gotten you into other predicaments, too.

There is no conspiracy here. There was HIV found in Factor 8 medicine. Bayer did not put it there deliberately (as far as we know), but when they found out it was in there they pulled it from the U.S. and gave it to other countries deliberately. What's so hard to believe about this? The proof is in black and white and Bayer admitted to it. If you can't accept that, you're just a fool.

You look like somethng I could pick off a tree and eat. You are an absurd propagandist that has no clue about lifes matters. Yes, you are are fruit. Thank you for your special attention to this matter, as I am sure you studied hard for your philosophical degree. Fools come in many orange jacketed peelings. Just, you taste too sour for my likings. Hope you don't rot in the binge or are carried through an animal/human intestines. Kinda sounds thats where your headed.

Glad you will graduate middle school soon. I'm sure the short bus put a strain on your emotions.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I did not say I was heated. I merely pointed out that the topic is heated to you as this date is to me so lets both put that crap back on the shelf, k?

Pretty simple answer.

I asked YOU to tell me how he got infected, not post a link. I know how he got infected. I want to see you type out what you believe happened. If you believe the wikipedia page, then you know damn well that the OP of this thread is correct.

Glad your pissed. Shows what your made of.

I never said I was pissed and I am not sure how that shows anything about being made out of anything. Nice to know it would make you happy to have me pissed though. Shows what you are made of I guess.

I do not want your opinion unless you actually have one. I really want to know if you UNDERSTAND how he got infected.

Actually I would say it was bringing attention to the need for better screening of donated blood was a far better legacy but you seem blind to that.

I never said I had anger. All I said was that you cannot use loss as a response to a question of facts. When I ask why a story is correct, talking about a lost loved one does nothing to answer that. All I did was point out that you nor I are special in experiencing hard times. Got it. Things suck. I feel bad for ya, really. I just stopped needing to hear about it after the first 3 posts of playing nice, asking nicely, almost begging you just to educate me. All you wanted to do was talk about why you are sad. Bummer. I mean that. I am sad too. Ask me a question and I will answer it anyway. See my point?

Now, can you EXPLAIN how Ryan White got infected? Do you understand how he got infected? You call him a saint and tell me not to even mention him yet you could not just answer the question. It took several tries just to get you post a link and I did not need a link, I already told you how he got infected.

It is important to know if you understand that he was infected from contaminated donated blood. Do you dispute this?

[edit on 5-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
There is no conspiracy here. There was HIV found in Factor 8 medicine. Bayer did not put it there deliberately (as far as we know), but when they found out it was in there they pulled it from the U.S. and gave it to other countries deliberately.

There's a good link to a page about Factor VIII in a post by K J Gunderson on the previous page, but it might be worth reiterating a bit here:

Factor VIII is a clotting factor found in human blood. In the 1980s the only way to make it was to isolate it from donated human plasma. Because it's such a small fraction of human plasma, the way they did this was to pool plasma from 10,000 or so donors and isolate it from that mix.

In the mid-1980s (in the US) they began heat-treating Factor VIII to kill the HIV virus. Before then it was entirely up to the screening tests to make sure there was no HIV in it.

Of course, back then the tests weren't nearly as good as they are now so there could be months between a person being infected and the antibodies showing up on the tests.

Since every batch required about 10,000 donors, there was obviously a reasonable chance that one of those people could be infected and not yet have antibodies -- i.e. the Factor VIII produced from that batch would be contaminated with HIV.

The conspiracy on Bayer's (and a couple other companies') part had to do with two things: one, they were accused of having bought plasma from high-risk groups, thereby further increasing an already unacceptably high risk of HIV-infected Factor VIII. Two, even after they phased in heat treatment to kill HIV in Factor VIII treatments, for a brief period some companies continued to also produce un-heat-treated product and to ship both the new untreated product and their backlog abroad to other countries, knowingly exposing foreign patients to a blood product that had a very high risk of containing HIV.

As far as I know, all the accusations stem from back then, but it is a worthwhile cautionary tale about the (im)morality of certain pharmateutical companies.

To reiterate: this is not about HIV supposedly being a manmade virus, or about it being deliberately introduced into medicine by Bayer. It's just about them refusing to swallow their losses once a better, safer mechanism of ensuring an HIV-free blood product came about.

edit for grammar

[edit on 7/5/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
but it might be reiterating a bit here:

Amazing as this is...I do not think it can be reiterated enough.

second line.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

K J, you are dragging me out to the plank here. Please read my signature.

There is NO conspiracy. Ryan White died a hero. I thank his spirit. He was a great love to many that have passed and is keeping alive many through his programs.

Love is all. Thats my last wordage. I'm not engaging in conspiracy at all. Period.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I AM DONE! Want to believe that viruses are in your breakfast cererals; well by all means toast your ill beliefs!

LOL! Yes, please leave us to discuss our breakfast cereal conspiracies!! WE DO NOT NEED OUR FRUIT LOOPS DEBUNKED!!!! Next, we intend to discuss how the CIA has wired video cams in our toilet seats so they can spy on our poop . . .

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

I AM DONE! Want to believe that viruses are in your breakfast cererals; well by all means toast your ill beliefs!

LOL! Yes, please leave us to discuss our breakfast cereal conspiracies!! WE DO NOT NEED OUR FRUIT LOOPS DEBUNKED!!!! Next, we intend to discuss how the CIA has wired video cams in our toilet seats so they can spy on our poop . . .

Well, since the mods let this slip by, I wish you only intestinal unfortitude and a soft ring around your toilet. Please take a bottle or two of magnesium citrate. It might make you feel better!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

K J, you are dragging me out to the plank here. Please read my signature.

I am trying to drag you out into reality.

There is NO conspiracy. Ryan White died a hero. I thank his spirit. He was a great love to many that have passed and is keeping alive many through his programs.

Yet you do not believe that he died from contaminated blood? Tsk tsk.

Love is all. Thats my last wordage. I'm not engaging in conspiracy at all. Period.

Sorry to hear that you are not even willing to explain yourself. I really think you just do not understand here. The medication was made from donated blood. You know Ryan White got this from donated blood so what is the difference?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
K J,

This is my last respose. U2U me and I will tell you my conspiracy concerning HIV.

I will not go public and I will not sound as absurd as the previous posters

I don't like these other yuk's thats been responding (except the female). Mr. Orange (could be french) is an aspe.

My response will come to you tomorrow. It is late and I am tired. I need light topics for now.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

There is no drug in the world that is going to pass on HIV. How many teenagers contributed to this thread?

This ignorance is beyond conspiracy.

If I wanted to kill people, I would utilize anthrax or another biological agent to hurt others (no I would not even consider such a thing).

HIV is not blistered in packets or given in pill form. Freaking dumb anaologies.

And no, I don't wish sickness upon anyone. However, the contributors here seem to have no problem spreading disinformation.

Please graduate middle school.

I just cannot decide whether you are pretending to engage your mouth (or keyboard) before you get your brain in gear, or whether you are actually being serious... ???

The OP did say... injected... an no, not even the most ignorant amongst us would try to inject pills from blister packs.

You are talking about ignorance... why do druggies get HIV from sharing needles?? The needles take more than your expert opinionated 45 secs while being reloaded and passed to the next user... but, guess what? They spread HIV.

You in your almighty "know it all" attitude suggest that HIV is only spread via blood-to-blood contact... tell me, do you bleed during intercourse? For some strange reason HIV spreads via sexual intercourse whether you are bleeding or not.

Why do you think they screen blood at the transfusion centres? If the virus dies according to you within 45 seconds, then you can take blood from an HIV+ person, and after a day you can pump it into an accident victim without worries.

Please, for your own health (and our sanity), please go and read something about the topic before you cry HOAX! Or do you work for some pharmacuetical company by any chance??

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You look like somethng I could pick off a tree and eat. You are an absurd propagandist that has no clue about lifes matters. Yes, you are are fruit. Thank you for your special attention to this matter, as I am sure you studied hard for your philosophical degree. Fools come in many orange jacketed peelings. Just, you taste too sour for my likings. Hope you don't rot in the binge or are carried through an animal/human intestines. Kinda sounds thats where your headed.

Glad you will graduate middle school soon. I'm sure the short bus put a strain on your emotions.

LMAO, I'm a fruit? I'm not the one who had a male companion.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Well, since the mods let this slip by, I wish you only intestinal unfortitude and a soft ring around your toilet. Please take a bottle or two of magnesium citrate. It might make you feel better!

LOL! You get points for that one...

And to think that humor could be found in such a stubborn debunker!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I'm sorry, who are you?!

I am IRRROOON MAAAAN.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What disgusts me with all this is the fact that it was sold abroad with the knowledge that it was contaminated and with the alleged consent of the US governemnt.

If any case of HIV can be directly attributed to this then surely employees of both Bayer and the US government must be guilty of some crime and should be tried accordingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join