It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The energies of the cosmos, on your birth-

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by starpower11
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Hi, once again, LeoVirgo. I really enjoy your work, and it makes me wonder about lots of things regarding astrology. Have you ever thought about writing a book, or authoring some kind of chart with your findings?
Just a thought.

Also, there are a lot of people that I'd like to find out their moon signs for. You revealed that mine was in pisces, when in fact, I've, for years, calculated it to be in aries. (June 21, 1984, 11:55 a.m., Harvey, IL, Cook County)

Another complication: I don't know my exact sun sign since it is on the cusp. Does that mean I can't claim a sign?

Will you please tell me how you come up with your calculations? I'd like to be able to calculate it instead of bothering you all the time, Lol.
Are you offering classes anywhere?

Thank so much in advance!

Most defiantly! That was my hope -to get others to check out how I come to all of this information.

Now remember...Astrology (modern) uses a 'fixed' wheel. What ever the positions were a couple thousand years ago...they fixed these to dates and this makes a blunder because the Sun from Earths perspective DOES NOT stay within the same signs during the same dates forever. If it did, we would NOT have a changing of 'ages'. And remember....its due to earths wobble that all of this seems to change and that we have what is called a 'great year' of 26,000 years that takes earth to 'get back to' the same point of perspective. For example, over this 26,000 years period, as the Earth wobbles, it changes 'north stars' several times before it gets back to the 'same north' star years before. So first, understand the difference in astrology and astronomy in the way they calculate. Astronomy of course you know, is the true positions of things from Earths perspective. The Navy and many other careers depend on its accuracy.

So where I began to really check out the differences....was downloading a Astronomy program called Stellarium (its free). There is another great widget that you can use besides Stellarium called 'starry night sky education' that you dont have to download BUT....it lacks something important which is it doesnt show the boundaries of the constellations so its hard to tell if something is truly a cusp or not. But I do get my pics from starry night sky....after I take down the detailed info from Stellarium. Now one thing about Stellarium that I have to double check with starry night sky is the moon. Sometimes there can be a glitch in Stellarium that the moon seems to get stuck in the last date I processed and if I reenter the date again, it will change. So I have to double check still and I will double check on your moon position since you brought that up.

Now if you are using astrologies 'degrees' for the movement of the moon to find your sign of your moon....again, there can be misleading because astrology does not account for 1)the true size of all the signs (the are not all the same size) and 2) it only includes 12 signs when the Sun is in 13 signs through the year and planets and the moon can be in more then 13 signs. Example....Ive done some positions for dates that people had their moon in 'Cetus'. Course, you would never hear of such a thing in Astrology.

On Stellarium and Starry night sky....there is a place you can type in any date and it will take you to that perspective of the sky on that day. If you download stellarium, let me know, I will give you further tips to help your hunting that makes it a bit faster.

Now if you have any interests to compare the difference in astrology and astronomy. Look up any astrology site that will give you the position of the planets, moon, and Sun right now. Write it all down. Then go to 'heavensabove.com'. This is an astronomy site to check daily positions and changes over days.

www.heavens-above.com...

Go down to the astronomy section...try clicking on the sun and moon page. You will see at the top of these pages...there is options for 'previous and next'. This allows you to see what day the Sun and Moon chances signs. Next go to 'planet summary data' and this will show you where all the planets are day by day.

You may notice if you look at this for November 1st...that the Moon is in Sextans. Astrology does not include things like this. Today, the Moon sits outside the wheel in a sign where the Sun does not pass through. Tomorrow the Moon will be in Leo. Now, compare the info that astrology sites are giving with what the true positions of today's cosmos are. Do you find any reason that we should of ever fixed the positions when the change over time from our perspective on Earth?

As the Sun rises in Leo at my birth, Astrology tells me Im a Virgo. This could only be so if I was born a couple thousand years ago when the Sun would of been in Virgo on August 30th. A couple thousands year from now...if I was to be born on August 30th...its likely that I would not longer come as a Leo but as Cancer.

This should be a good start for you....let me know what ever you need, Im happy to help!

I would really love to write a book. I have so many thoughts for it. I guess I just need to get my butt in touch with a publisher and see if someone will back my idea. I want to publish 2 books....one to explain the differences, meanings, history, of both astrology and astronomy. Included some myths and legends connected to the cosmos. I would like the other book to come with the first one that is more like a astronomical almanac of sorts. Just a lists of positions from many many days.

I have some things to learn myself...like making charts onto a wheel. I have a really cool wheel that has 3 wheels in one...but I havnt learned how to connect the spheres on the wheel or how to mark it all together nicely. I can place each sphere on the wheel at the right degree...but you know how a birth wheel has the spheres all connected by lines and sometimes this shows patterns or shows what spheres are in oppositions to each other ect...I have not worked on that alot.

Hre is the wheel though that I hope to use more....the inner circle is 'tropical wheel' which is what modern astrology uses. Then look at the middle circle marked at the top as 'sidereal'. It is closer to being right...but it still has all the signs as the same size and leaves out Ophiuchus. Then notice the outside wheel....how different the sizes are and that there are 13 signs. Now...even if one was to mark this wheel with all the spheres...there is still an issue that there needs to be even more signs attached on this wheel that sit as 'outside signs'. Sometimes planets and the Moon enter signs not on these wheels....like today we see the Moon in Sextans. I do have a hand made wheel that I made a nice outer section that borders the main wheel to note any spheres outside the path of the Sun.

My main argument is that way back when....people did not use a 'fixed circle'. They counted on what they could see in the sky and they personified the cosmos by true observations.

Let me know if you need anything at all...Im happy to help.
LV

edit on 1-11-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
April 19 1991

Early morning (5AM-7AM)? in Vancouver BC

Funny thing is that I did read a detailed Aries account and it sounds like me word for word. Maybe a placebo effect or I really am an aries. :p

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by starpower11

Go to here....

www.starrynighteducation.com...=4&LatD=33&LatM=31.260000000000048&LatRG=N&LonD=86&LonM=48.179999999999836&LonRG=W&HH=11&Min=55&AmPm= 1&MM=6&DD=21&YY=1984&DST=Yes&SD=No&LocMMA=&LabStar=Yes&Lab=Yes&Cons=Yes&Hor=No&SG=&PW=410&PH=358&Az=255&FOV=90&Alt=25&Elev=3&LocN=Earth&Explore=No&

Now enter your b-day and time. It helps if you have the 'daylight' box and 'horizon' box unchecked...it helps for viewing. Now click on the "E" button at the bottom of the sky screen to take you east. Maneuver with the left arrow and up arrow to move through the 'signs' of the zodiac till you see 'Pisces'....there youll see your Moon. Give it time to load after each click of the arrows.

Just to note...it sits close to Cetus and through Stellarium one can look to see just how close to the it is to the borders. Now...I will admit, I have some issues with the astronomical borders and I myself take into account is a sphere seems to be in between 2 signs without the use of a manmade border. But for giving others positions they can check on, I need to use a system so I do follow the astronomical borders that are given by the astronomical union.

edit on 1-11-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

April 19 1991 Early morning (5AM-7AM)? in Vancouver BC Funny thing is that I did read a detailed Aries account and it sounds like me word for word. Maybe a placebo effect or I really am an aries.

Hello

There are about 20% of astrology signs that still match with astronomy's positions. You are more an Aries then anything but would suggest to investigate into Pisces.

The Sun at the times your gave is on a cusp of Pisces and Aries. Though, it is more on the Aries side then Pisces. By the end of this day...it moves off the cusp and enters Aries (according to astronomical borders). You can note that in the image I posts that the Sun sits very close to the stars of Pisces and Aries does seem to be a bit away from the Sun...even though the astronomical borders that have been made show a line between the 2 signs that shows the Sun sitting on a cups between the 2. I will just note, that if I was to go by the distance from the Sun to the closest group of Stars....I would call you a Pisces and say your Aries is of your past. This would still explain why Aries resonates with you....for you carry that 'sign' with you, from a 'psts'. I know Im kinda beating around the bush here. I would say, since the Sun does sit in between the 2 signs and the astronomical cusp shows the Sun ON the cusp....you are of 2 signs...Aries and Pisces (final answer
). Pisces may offer you things to work on, to face, to think about...more so then being 'natural' to you. Plus, I must note, we are really of all the signs...but I think that there is a 'reason' why we come with certain energies as we incarnate. Some sort of deeper aligning that we are in need of. So only you can really seek what Aries and Pisces means for you. Also, Pisces is our 'current age' we are in.

Mercury rises in Pisces before the Sun as Pisces rises before the Sun, in the East.

Venus in Taurus and as Taurus rises after Aries, Venus is then following the Sun in its rising.

Moon and Mars in Gemini. The Moon sits over Orion at your birth. When ever you see Orion...know the Moon sat 'atop' of the figure.

Jupiter in Cancer.

Pluto sits outside the wheel in Serpens (outside the wheel is signs that the Sun does not pass through).

Uranus and Neptune in Sagittarius.

Saturn in Capricorn.

To calculate the moon phase...type in month and year at the below link.
stardate.org...

My best to you!
LV

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thankyou ever so much for taking the time to look at this for me LeoVirgo. A fantastic thread and a fantastic gift you are giving all us ATS'rs

Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Hi, LeoVirgo! I read everything you wrote in the two posts to me, and it was very informative. In fact, the first night I ever read a post from you or actually stumbled upon this thread, I downloaded stellarium, and it was very confusing like I didn't know what to do. I still have it on my computer, but I don't know how to enter dates and times in it at all. I even looked it up in the help section that night.

Everything you've told me about the history of astrology has rang so true, and ever since I have began to look at myself as a moon Piscean, a lot of things about me, my past, my future, and my perspective and interpretation of the things around me have made absolute and perfect sense.

There are a lot of software programs that allow you to create an e-book for free, and there are numerous websites on which you can easily sell your e-book to a hungry audience. One such program you can use to create an e-book is Open Office. You could even use Adobe Acrobat Reader, I assume. I know one site you can sell your e-book on this called "click bank."

A lot of the things you have written here can be used as text for your e-book since it is your own writing anyway. You can copy a lot of the things that you posted here and paste it in an order that makes sense in a document on whatever program you decide to go with to create an e-book. Create an artsy cover page, or book cover, and copyright it, there you have it!!

But back to the astrology, you're saying that if I use Stellarium, I would be able to see the exact constellation the planets sit in at various times instead of having to settle with being born on cusp? Because with the education site it was hard to tell, just by looking at it, exactly which constellation the planet really resided in, though I really enjoyed the visuals.

I will take whatever tips you have to offer for using the Stellarium program that I downloaded just before I first contacted you. Thanks so much, LeoVirgo.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Thanks for the encouragement starpower. I actually spent hours last night looking at literary agents...considering different avenues. I wonder if I can copyright my idea somehow?

So when you open up Stellarium....first you need to log in your 'location' or birth place. On the left side of the screen you should have a tool bar. There should be one on the bottom too. Scroll your mouse over to the left and see if a tool bar pops up if its not already there. At the top of the bar is a 'location' button. Its pretty easy....just click on the map of where you want to view from.

Then look for the 'clock' button on the left. Click that and you can then type in any date you want. Just to note....if you want to 'go back' before 1AD make sure you put a minus sign before the 'year'. Example (-350).

Once you have your date in...on the left side again there is a button for "Sky and viewing options". Click on that and you will see a option for "Markings"...click on that and then 'check' the box for 'boundaries'.

Now go to the bottom tool bar....you will notice a 'sign' that looks like a mountain with the Sun behind it. You can click on that to take away daylight so you can have a more clear look at the stars. You dont have to use that though...I do. If you want to take away the horizon so you can scroll through the sky easier...click on the button that looks like a 'horizon with two circle things above it'. This makes it easier to grab the screen with a click on the mouse and move it around so you can scroll through the sky. Now see the little button on the bottom that looks like 'man running'....that will pull up the constellations in the sky. The button on the bottom that says 'orion' and has stars under it will offer you all the names of the constellations in the sky.

You can then go to the left again and see a 'search' button. You can type in anything there...to go straight to it without searching by grabbing the screen and scrolling. Type in 'sun' for search. From there with the Sun....if you move through the signs (grabbing the screen and moving it from a down to up/right positions) you are able to view how the planets would rise after the Sun. If you want to see what planets rose before the Sun...grab the screen and pull down to the left. Youll get the hang of this 'grabbing' thing.

If you want, once you have the 'sun' at the center of your screen. Pull your horizon back up....in the east direction....pull your daylight back up...and then click on the button that looks like a 'fast forward button on a VCR'. You can click it once for very slow movement....or click it more then once and it speeds up the movement. Be careful, you can make it go really really fast. This allows you to look to the east at your time of birth....and watch how the spheres would of rose in the sky that day.

Hopefully this will give you a great start! If you hit something that you dont know what you did or hit but it seems to of thrown you off ....just close Stellarium and open it back up. It should refresh it all again to start over.

Let me know if you need anything at all

Edit to add....make sure you do the 'boundaries' thing...for this will show you why I say you were born on a cusp.
edit on 3-11-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hello

I do not really know what time I was born, but I am able to give date.

9/12/1994

I wonder what is significant on the day

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

hi mine is:4th July 1990 INDIA AndhraPradesh,WestaGodavari District Palakollu,Time 10:18 A.M

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
female 01/03/1978 South Dakota, United States somewhere between 6:00 am to 6:50am

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
November 10, 1968, Michigan. Time unknown.Very cool thread!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

I mean 9/12/1994, Boston, MA. idk the time, and im male

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Hi there!

9/12/1994

Sun is in Leo at your birth, sitting under the back paws of the Lion.

Before the Sun rises on the day, Gemini rose into the Eastern sky bringing Mars, then rose Cancer, then rose Leo.

Mercury and Venus in Virgo (your past/old sign).

Jupiter (king of planets) sits above the scales in Libra and Pluto also in Libra.

Moon is in Ophiuchus (a sign astrology ignores) for most of the day. At 5pm the Sun sits on cusp of Ophiuchus and Sagittarius. After 6pm the Moon has moved into Sagittarius. Depending on the time of birth depends on the exact location of the Moon...but I will say that I find the path of the moon for the entire day just as important then exact position of the Moon at birth. The path that the Moon travels tells its own story for you.

Uranus in Sagittarius.

Saturn and Neptune in Aquarius (our coming age).

Moon phases for this month can be calculated below with entering month and year...
stardate.org...

Image of Sun at your birth...

My best to you!
LV

Edit to add in Pluto and Neptune.
edit on 5-11-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by prabhs

Hi there!

4th July 1990 INDIA AndhraPradesh,WestaGodavari District Palakollu,Time 10:18 A.M

Sun in Gemini (2 in 1) at your birth with Jupiter (King) and Mercury also in Gemini.

Before Sun rises on this day, Taurus rises with Venus sitting at the Bull's forehead.

Pluto on cusp of Libra and Scorpio.

Moon in Scorpio.

Uranus, Neptune, and Saturn in Sagittarius.

Mars in Pisces (our current age).

Cancer is your past/old sign (the sign astrology says you are). Cancer may indeed resonate with you and Gemini is more offering you what you need in this life.

Your moon phase can be calculated below with entering month and year...
stardate.org...

Gemini sits to the above left of Orion....so if you ever face Orion (which is easy to identify) you can then turn your view a little to the left and be facing your gateway.

My best to you!
LV

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yesIAM

Hello there!

01/03/1978 South Dakota, United States somewhere between 6:00 am to 6:50am

Sun in Sagittarius at your birth. Venus also in Sagittarius sitting atop the head of Sag.

Before the Sun rises this day, Moon and Pluto rise in the East in Virgo. Then rises Libra bringing Uranus. Then rises Scorpio. Then rises Ophiuchus (the sign ignored by astrology) bringing Mercury and Neptune.

Jupiter comes on a cusp of 3....Taurus, Orion, and Gemini.

Mars in Cancer.

Saturn in Leo sitting next to Regulus (the heart of the Lion).

You can figure your moon phase below by entering the month and year...
stardate.org...

Here is an image...

All my best!
LV

Edit to add...thought you might like a pic of Jupiter (king) on the cusp of 3...that is pretty rare.

edit on 5-11-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Hello there!

November 10, 1968, Michigan.

Sun is in Libra on your birth along with Neptune also in Libra. Your past sign would be Scorpio and it may resonate with you in a more natural way...while Libra suggests what you are in need of in this life or what this life has intended for you.

Before the Sun rises on this day, Pluto rises while sitting outside the wheel in a sign called Coma Berenices (named after an Egyptian Goddess). Jupiter (King) rises at the same time as Pluto but Jupiter sits in Virgo. Mars and Uranus then rise in the East sitting very close to Jupiter...them both also being in Virgo. Mercury also in Virgo.

Venus in Ophiuchus in the general direction of the center of our galaxy.

Saturn in Pisces (our current age).

Moon in Gemini (sign of 2 in 1).

You can calculate your moon phase below with entering the month and year...
stardate.org...

Here is a image for you...

My best to you!
LV

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Taken me a while to get back, thank you very much for this.

I was amazed as i have always been a Virgo but after reading into Leo WOW that is me all over. Im a Leo/Virgo
Cheers and much appreciation for sharing youre knowladge with us.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Your very welcome...Im glad so many others have found this perspective and information as useful as I have. I have really appreciated peoples feedback on what they think of it all.

Thanks and your welcome (everyone)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hello again, LeoVirgo. You have really helped me to come into insights about astronomy/astrology. I did the techniques, toggling back and forth between sites, and stellarium, and am happy with what I found thanks to you. There's this other software you might find useful, called sky globe. They have a free download, but I haven't used it. It doesn't seem to work on my computer, but that's okay because the techniques you showed me are fulfilling.

Thanks again,
Starpower11

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Hello starpower

I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and offering feedback. It has been a deep journey of 'self' for me and as well has brought me to see a unity amongst us that is very deep with the cosmos and all things around us. I personally have found it to be amazing and am glad that others are finding this too for it reassures me that its not all just in 'my' mind.

What I have found interesting is from a global/unity view of the cosmos and mankind's journey. We have Mars in Ophiuchus (the healer or cause of chaos...the choice to tame the animal/impulses within or the choice to release the animal and allow it to control us)....Jupiter the King in Aquarius (our coming age) will move into Pisces over the next couple of years (our current age) bringing realization of hard truths to us...while Saturn (counselor, guide) is in Virgo, the seed of purity, the see do rebirth...and will move into Libra for balance....while Venus the bringer of light/wisdom/truth supports Saturn in Virgo...and will move into Libra leading the way to balance. I find it all very beautiful and await to see what happens over time with the energy.

My best to you
LV

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join