It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught heading into tornado. Amazing footage *Video*

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Anyone who studies UFO's would know that many strange occurances have been around Thunder/Lightning Storms.

Personally, I do NOT think it was a bird or an insect, certainly a UFO. Possibly weather related. Maybe some kind of natural phenomena we don't see often or know of yet.

Don't tell me that those experts could calculate these sizes and speeds when in fact it was just a bird. No WAY!!!

Good thread. S&F.

g

[edit on 4-7-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I'm curious, since this is in Oklahoma, can anyone find a species of white bird that would fit the bill?

Hey Loam, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have to be anything white. My personal opinion is that it is not a bird, but something smaller and closer to the camera such as an insect, or a dandelion, anything small really. I'm going to quote this from ziggystar60, as it is a good example of something reflecting light, making it seem like a white object.

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I have seen many posters in this thread claim that the white speck you see in the OP video can not possible be a bird or insect. I hope they will take the time to watch this little video I just found...

This is what the person who uploaded the video had to say about it:

No its a bird.. A very common mistake here on youtube!! The bird was spotted with the naked eye first and then aimed at with my camera!! I got some other examples in this small vid. most of them are bugs reflecting sunlight!!! Some are seeds.. Al look white but the are just light reflections..

Most interesting parts can be seen from around 0:30:

I think those objects look remarkably similiar. Therefore I think it would be foolish to rule out a mundane explanation, because it doesn't look like a bird or insect.

Originally posted by grantbeed
Don't tell me that those experts could calculate these sizes and speeds when in fact it was just a bird. No WAY!!!

This is getting frustrating, and I don't mean to take single you out, but everyone posting something similiar should consider this.
If I told you that I had a video expert analyse this video, and they concluded that the object was a 2cm honeybee flying at 3 m/s, you would expect me to provide evidence right? So why just blindly accept this guys word as fact? Is it because it would agree with something you believe? I personally think there are unidentified objects flying around, but that doesn't mean I'll blindly accept this as fact.

There are more than a few descrepencies with this guys story, and he does seem to make it sound as dramatic as possible. Such as getting fired (when he was a freelance photographer, who carried on taking photos
), how he just "walked out" when he first saw it (why would you do that?), the suggestions of the 'object' going behind the cloud, and how Art 'mysteriously got his number'. That along with the fact he is selling the video, and trying to get funds to make a documentary, leads me to feel that his story should be questioned, and not blindly believed.

I have emailed Skeet Vaughn via his website (which was posted earlier) to confirm if what Lan says is indeed true. Until I have evidence, I'm not going to promote anything from the video as fact, given the circumstances.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
just a humble question from me, if it's a bird, shouldn't it be flying away from the storm?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by reinado87]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Curious and Concerned.....

My personal opinion is that it is not a bird, but something smaller and closer to the camera such as an insect, or a dandelion, anything small really.

As per my earlier post, DepthOfField posted a really good explanation pertaining to the appearances of bugs on film, still frame, flash issues, etc...

Based on that & other observations, it could well be something smaller than a bird.

I find myself equivocating between "bug" & "bird".....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't know what to think. It does in some ways look like a bird but it's flight path seems to curve a little at the end in a way unusual to a birds flight. Also it seems to be going at high speeds and the crew said they did not see it with the naked eye. I'm stumped, I don't know what it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Some of it just looks like the light shinging through the cloud, some stuff on this site is really clutching at anything they can find to give a little hope to their suspicion

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OMG its a bug

where are the neg stars? moving on...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It is a seagull, and yes surprisingly seagulls live at the dump sites here in Oklahoma.

Sorry, but yes it is a seagull.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As usual no answers just questions:

1- At what speeds does the human eye stop detecting motion? 9000 mph? Lets debunk this thing with a little ingenuity instead of just claiming that it is a bird or what have you. It is clear from the video that nobody filming that day saw the object in question, because if they did it would be a whole different story. So if we can prove that the object in question given the specifications from the video analyst (whether or not the numbers are correct or not is irrelevant at this juncture) can be seen with the naked eye, well then we know this guy is not telling the truth. So lets start there, can something moving like this be detectable with the human eye?

2-Why would somebody who makes money with the footage he has shot wait two weeks to review the footage? I would want to know if the footage has value immediately after I shot it. I think there are a lot of holes in this guys story that should be questioned...

I could see this one going either way, and I thank the OP for posting it!

One more thing, could something like this: www.cabrillo.edu... be of any use in these type of situations?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
It is clearly a bird. You can see the wings flapping if you watch in slow motion - or frame by frame. It is so obviously a bird, I cant even believe the people uploaded this claiming UFO.

I will try and get some screen captures up.

ETA: Grabbing screen shots probably wont help. As the object is so tiny. You just have to hit puase many times and watch frame by frame starting around 4:00. If you do this, you can see the wings flapping.

[edit on July 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

I guess they should have taken the video to you instead of aerospace engineers.

They are real experts, and they don't find it to be a bird. lol
No you cant see wings flapping,
nice imagination though,
Imagination is important.

If anyone watched the entire video (clearly not many of you did)..
you would hear the findings. byProfessionals.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Another aspect of the Bird theory is that animals are very sensitive to barometric pressure, especially very low pressure systems inherent to tornadoes.

Having grown up in the midwest, If you have ever been near a tornado system, you can actually feel the low pressure, which causes almost a mild headache.

That and the greenish hue of the clouds always alerted us to a tornado.

Birds are excellent navigators and their natural ability to sense these pressure changes would also make me suspect as to why it would fly so close to a forming tornado system.

Remember that Animals aren't stupid ! Especially when it comes to survival.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by nh_ee]

I can't watch the video on dial up.

However, you are right, birds sit out a storm in a nice safe place. Some do play in the thermals preceding a storm like this and migratory birds will sometimes use them to fly ahead of a storm, but I know of none that would fly in it.

Also, if it's flying across the storm center in a straight line, it wouldn't be a bird that was "thrown" from his hiding place and fleeing either. Not only would the bird NOT fly toward the worst of the storm, but they couldn't resist the strong turbulence. It's flight would've been very erratic and even the fasted bird couldn't change that..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
[edit on 4-7-2010 by Qonscious]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There's no way its a bug. Its a white orb that fly's across the sky at 3:42 - 3:44. You should of cut out the entire beginning part of the video, and consider putting it into slow motion. Other than that i think its an alien craft, or maybe even a "Rod".

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Ahmose.....

nice imagination though,

There is no proof there was scientific analysis of the video.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qonscious
There's no way its a bug. Its a white orb that fly's across the sky at 3:42 - 3:44. You should of cut out the entire beginning part of the video, and consider putting it into slow motion. Other than that i think its an alien craft, or maybe even a "Rod".

Qonscious.....

.....maybe even a "Rod"

There is no such thing as a "Rod".

A "Rod" is a hoax that has been willfully perpetrated by Jose Escamilla, as a means of selling his movies to people who have not looked into that subject properly.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog
Well I must have kept blinking because I've no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at.
Could you post a screenshot of the object???? All I see is clouds.

It first appears at 3:42-3:44 - a streak of light or something from right to left. Quite interesting, and I am a bit of a skeptic on such things.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone

Not sure what to make of this, I was watching the vid with my eyes peeled and saw something else which caught my attention and to be honest im suprised it hasnt been noticed by anyone.

'Something else' can be seen moving across at (in my view) high speed (right to left) from around 3.22 onwards

I have tried to highlight the area in a screenshot taken below

i883.photobucket.com...

any thoughts anyone???

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by triplecross

I was just looking at that myself. The wing-flap is even more obvious than on the white object.

It is very clearly a bird. Which puts to rest the arguments that "birds don't fly near storms".

Tell that to the seagulls I saw flying 50 mph in advance of Hurricane Charley , 2004

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Bird's tend to fly in the opposite direction of danger. They wouldn't be flying at or against the wind as is portrayed in the video. The spin of this funnel is turning against the objects path. A bird would be blow off course or in the opposite direction.

As for it being a small plane you get the same effect, the plane would be tossed around like a rag doll in tornado winds. That is why storm planes usually fly over a storm or at a good distance from the storm.

And you can never tell which way a tornado is going to travel, you usually give it a ton of clearance thus the guy repeating on the video get ready to move.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpanet
As usual no answers just questions:

1- At what speeds does the human eye stop detecting motion? 9000 mph?

There is no such speed that the human eye stops seeing objects. It's all relative to the object itself. For example, we can see comets, which travel far faster than 9000mph. Although, whether you could see an object of the alleged definition, is questionable. 9000mph is approximately mach 11, which I think should still be visible to the naked eye.

Originally posted by Ahmose

nice imagination though,

If anyone watched the entire video (clearly not many of you did)..
you would hear the findings. byProfessionals.

If anyone read the entire thread (clearly, not many of you did
), you would see that there are plenty of descrepencies in this guys story, therefore it should be questioned whether this part of the story is real. You do not hear the findings by professionals, just some guy saying that it is. Do you have evidence from these experts that Lan neglects to show us?
Otherwise, you should cut the snarky comments, it makes you look rather ignorant.

Originally posted by Fakshon
Bird's tend to fly in the opposite direction of danger. They wouldn't be flying at or against the wind as is portrayed in the video. The spin of this funnel is turning against the objects path. A bird would be blow off course or in the opposite direction

The rotation of the base cloud bears no indication to the wind speed and direction at the position of the storm chasers. The winds where they are are not extreme as some posters are indicating. You can clearly see a bird at 3.22, travelling in the opposite direction of the funnel cloud rotation, so obviously the winds there were not buffeting that bird. Therefore, there is no way to conclude that the object shown could not be a small object close to the camera because of the wind. The wind could easily be travelling in the opposite direction, ie from right to left. The object isn't necessarily travelling into the storm anyway, more parallel to it if it is something close to the camera.

Unfortunately, I still have no reply from Skeet Vaughn, so cannot gaurantee the authenticity of the claims made in his name. If I had this evidence, it would have been of utmost importance, and would definitely have shown it in the video. Then again, I wouldn't be trying to sell it either, so I can't say why Lan would have left that out.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join