It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught heading into tornado. Amazing footage *Video*

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I was under the impression that a cameraman hoaxed the second sighting, and admitted as much (and was fired as a result). That has been verified, I believe.

I'd also like to SEE the handwritten "report" given that the object was 30 feet long, 18 feet thick, etc. All we have so far is this one video, which by itself, doesn't tell us much. There is no way to tell if it's 1 cm or 30 feet.

Anyone have a copy of that report?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Amazing how people believed that so caller report without actually verifying it's existence. It shows who the real sheep are..

[edit on 5/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
I would so love to agree with the fact that it is an insect.

But, it disappeared into the clouds. Where did it go if it were a bug? It didn't merely fly off camera - before it got to the end of the window area, it just disappeared, as if it was going into the clouds. Maybe the bug just got so far away it was small? Or maybe it was a larger object? Not sure what to think, you guys should go watch the end of it's flight though and say what you think. I am inclined to think UFO on this one.

After closely studying the video, I have come to the conclusion that the object DID NOT go through the clouds.

Right when the object reaches the center of the view, it makes a very slight turn (as mentioned in the video). Like most flying objects, when they turn or bank, their profile changes slightly. Depending on the angle you are viewing it from, the profile can be smaller or larger. In this case, the profile got smaller, and because the object was already small to begin with the camera had trouble representing such a small object in so few pixels. Also because the object is white in color, and because of video compression, the colors of the sky bleed onto the object itself. This cause the object to be camouflaged against the sky, creating the illusion that it went into the clouds.

This same effect happened at the very end of the objects appearance. Since the object is slightly traveling away from the camera, the object was at it's smallest size at the end of the video. It is so small that it is very hard to represent the object in only a few pixels. Because of that, it camouflaged itself with the clouds, creating the illusion of being in the clouds.

Also, the camera was focused on the clouds. That means anything closer would not be inside the cameras depth of field. This means the object was out of focus. When objects are small and out of focus they seem to almost be slightly transparent on the edges, and any background colors will show right through it. This can also cause the object to appear to be going into the clouds.

Also, since the object is traveling slightly away from the camera, and right in the middle, it is possible that the object became more in focus when it was in the center of the cameras view. Sometimes, when objects are out of focus they appear larger and more blurry than they are, and when they go into focus they become smaller, and more clear. This would explain why some people think the object goes into the clouds in the center of the view. The object becomes more in focus, and smaller, making it hard for the camera to represent the object in so few pixels, and making appear it is going into the clouds.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by eennoo]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have to say, this is a really good video. Normally I'd say "Are you guys stupid? it's obviously "

But after exploring several theories, here's what I came up with.

Theory one: That someone threw a stone.

This one fell apart pretty quick. As there is no arc to the object's trajectory. It moves at a slant, but this is mainly do to it disappearing towards the horizon.

Theory two: It was a bird.

This one is also very flat. For one, I've watched it frame by frame as people have suggested. And I can see no "flapping" motion. The only thing that could be closely compared to any shape change, would be the pixelation from the compression that occurs. Not to mention, birds move fast, but not that fast. This bird would have to be moving at mach 10 to get across the screen that fast, whether moving diagonally across the screen or towards the horizon. Or, the bird would have to be the size of a fruit fly, which would allow it to move at average speed, but be very close to the camera.

Theory three: It was a bug.

This was my first thought. All those people that were CONVINCED that rods were gigantic creatures living in the atmosphere, have had their hopes and dreams dashed when it was discovered that they were really just bugs flying in front of the lens. However, something in this video is different, which changed my mind.

There is something called atmospheric perspective in the world. This is the idea that objects become more gray and less detailed as they get farther away. This object starts out very saturated on the right side of the screen, and also more detailed. By the time it reaches the left side of the screen, it is smaller, grayer, and less detailed, supporting the idea that it is indeed moving into the background very quickly.

My ruling is: UFO.

Aliens? Who knows. But it sure isn't a rock, bird, or bug.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

So how big do you think the object is?

By the way, it IS a bug. There are many examples of the same thing on YouTube, and most of the time it's filmed closer to the ground so you know it is a bug.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by eennoo]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Oreyeon

How do you know that it was analysed by an aeronautics engineer?.......how do you know that it was analysed by anyone?

Because, there is another video on Youtube of this, that came from a documentary and they had an analysis done on the video. It's not a bird. I'm not going to take the time to look it up. If you're a skeptic that wants to believe, go look it up. If you're a skeptic that just likes to be a skeptic for the sake of being skeptical and loving arguments, then I feel sad for you. Either way, real or not, bird or not, we'll never know. The way some of the people on here think, even if a craft landed in their driveway, the aliens got out and knocked on the door, asked for directions, and then took off again, all while being recorded on security camera, with all of the neighbors witnessing the event, it would still somehow be a hoax, or CGI, or Project BlueBeam, or some elaborate stunt for a hidden camera show. It's going to take an alien invasion, and the annihilation of the human race before anyone will ever get it. Even then it's questionable. I don't know though, we are the superior species after all, we are so civilized, and advanced, and smart, yet we cannot figure out how to get along and live in harmony, showing respect for all living things, while avoiding the rape and death of our own world. My only skeptical question is why would they visit us in the first place? Is it to laugh as we flounder, flopping around like fish out of water, while we struggle to cling on to an almost meaningless existance? I mean, what do we live for these days anymore? Money? Work, be a slave, make money, let some other d-bag take that money, and do it all over again the next day? Maybe get lucky and check out a few years ahead of schedule? Those are the lucky people. The ones that don't have to put up with the great sadness that is the Human Species.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
People, please! I don't know what this thing is, but it is NOT a bird! To show what actual birds look like, flying in stormy weather, I have uploaded a video clip I took just a couple of days ago. Please note that the birds are not flying at that high a speed, nor do they glow, nor are they flying in such a straight line.

birds flying under storm clouds

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Oreyeon

How do you know that it was analysed by an aeronautics engineer?.......how do you know that it was analysed by anyone?

Because, there is another video on Youtube of this, that came from a documentary and they had an analysis done on the video. It's not a bird. I'm not going to take the time to look it up. If you're a skeptic that wants to believe, go look it up. If you're a skeptic that just likes to be a skeptic for the sake of being skeptical and loving arguments, then I feel sad for you.

I've tried to search for it, and couldn't find it. Have you seen it, or are you believing for the sake of just believing, because it agrees with your view point on the topic? Since you seem able to rule out birds, can you explain how you came to this conclusion, instead of telling someone else to find something you have apparantly come across. And I feel sad for you, given your apparant lack of appreciation for humanity, and general negative outlook on others. Sure humans aren't a perfect species, but there is much good in this world if you know where to look and how to appreciate it.

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Either way, real or not, bird or not, we'll never know. The way some of the people on here think, even if a craft landed in their driveway, the aliens got out and knocked on the door, asked for directions, and then took off again, all while being recorded on security camera, with all of the neighbors witnessing the event, it would still somehow be a hoax, or CGI, or Project BlueBeam, or some elaborate stunt for a hidden camera show. It's going to take an alien invasion, and the annihilation of the human race before anyone will ever get it.

This is a false generalisation, and a weak form of an argument if you ask me. I have been one of the more vocal sceptics regarding this video, yet this does not mean I am blind to the possibility of an alien craft. I know you aren't reffering to me in particular, but calling out likely hoaxes or falsities does not mean people don't "get it". It is called denying ignorance.

I have always been interested in UFO's, and recently witnessed, along with others, a metalic looking orb hovering above the cloud level in broad daylight, but was unable to get any images of the object before it dissapeared when a cloud concealed my view of it. I don't know what it was, as I couldn't explain it with any obvious reasoning (unlike this video), and concede it could have been anything. But I'm not going to just believe videos such as this are mysterious flying craft without genuine reason to believe so, ie evidence for bold claims such as supporting videos and analysis.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
People, please! I don't know what this thing is, but it is NOT a bird! To show what actual birds look like, flying in stormy weather, I have uploaded a video clip I took just a couple of days ago. Please note that the birds are not flying at that high a speed, nor do they glow, nor are they flying in such a straight line.

birds flying under storm clouds

My opinion is that the object is not a bird either, but something closer to the camera. The video in the OP does seem to have more ambient light, than the one you have posted, though. To see the way birds, or insects or any small object can glow, see the video I quoted on the previous page. But star for you for looking at this objectively and making an effort to investigate instead of wishful believing.

[edit on 6/7/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

At approx the 3:40 mark...(in regular speed) at the speed the object in question flies through the screen and the distance it travels in such a quick pace....there is no way its a bird.

Only when the video is slowed down and then we look at frame by frame does it maybe appear to be flapping its wings. Im not sure at what resolution you guys are looking at this at or what editing software your using to look at this at regular speed and see flapping wings, but even in the video is it mentioned that the object was traveling between 9000 and 16000 MPH.

What birds can travel that fast?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
reply to post by greeneyedleo

.....even in the video is it mentioned that the object was traveling between 9000 and 16000 MPH.
What birds can travel that fast?

OMG.....

Then it must be aliens!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I'm getting sick of repeating myself so I'm not going to bother anymore haha easier to just say it was aliens in a 30 ft craft 'cos the expert sed so!'

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Gotta agree with Ladygreeneyes, it wasn't a bird. I sometimes wonder if anyone has any sort of depth perception. I know I do and have stated so after looking at pictures in this forum.

If that was a bird flapping it's wings (yes I did pause the tape several times) I'm a monkey's uncle.

Could have been a hoax, but it's no bird, or in my opinion, an insect.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings
Gotta agree with Ladygreeneyes, it wasn't a bird. I sometimes wonder if anyone has any sort of depth perception. I know I do and have stated so after looking at pictures in this forum.

If that was a bird flapping it's wings (yes I did pause the tape several times) I'm a monkey's uncle.

Could have been a hoax, but it's no bird, or in my opinion, an insect.

Depth perception is generally made possible by having two eyes focusing on the same object, giving us a 3D view which our brain can analyse. Depth perception from a 2D video or picture is nothing more than an illusion, especially in this one since there is no camera movement to cause a parralax effect, and there is no real evidence at this stage regarding the actual size of the object.

Claiming your depth perception is better than others regarding 2D images is a little arrogant in my opinion, but maybe you do have some visionary skills that others lack. But if things in the video have been fabricated, such as proffesional analysis and supporting videos, I think it is far, far less likely to be anything larger than a bird. That is going by logic and evidence, not percieved enhanced perception.

[edit on 6/7/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
i've read this thread a few times and done a little digging,

it seems that most are pointing to a bird, a ufo or insect,

i myself go for the ufo side,

now the way i see it is, this thread needs an independant witness to sway the vote,
i think i have it,

it seems to be a report from Mutual UFO Network Eastern MUFON Skywatch Investigations

and says (just a little quote)

Jim Hickman-Director, Aerial Phenomena Research Group has received data from the Norman National Weather Service on the July 11, 1997, radar images showing a possible UFO. Several of experts were consulted to come up with this version. "These radar images were obtained from the Twin Lakes (near Oklahoma City) National Weather Service radar at 7:18 PM CDT on 25 May, or about three minutes before the "object" was videotaped. Reflectivity is shown, which relates to rainfall intensity in order of increasing "warm" colors (blue to green to yellow to red indicates increasing intensity). The "object" video was shot looking northeast from just to the left (west) of the dot representing Loco, OK (near the center of the zoom. This location is about 75 miles SSW of the radar site. Due to earth's curvature, the radar beam was at a height of about 6,500 feet above ground level at the video location. Also due to the earth's curvature, the radar was unable to "see" anything below this height. These displays are presented only to show the relative positions of nearby thunderstorms near the time of the "object" sighting.

www.rense.com...

(the loca, oklahoma report is the 7th one down)

the only problem i have with this report (as far as i can see) is the date, it says 25th may - but i believe memorial day is 26th may,

it may be evidence - it may not be, but i thought i would post it for the experts to examine anyway

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
here are a few of my personal favorite pictures of allegedly taken by nasa.
thougth i would share.
www.youtube.com...
fourth line

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

The YouTube video you linked to shows a sequense of six photos, (from STS088-724-65 to STS088-724-70) and they are all tracking the same object.

This is image STS088-724-66:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9ff2f7ea847.jpg[/atsimg]

The dark object in the image is a piece of space debris:

Identification
Identification
Mission: STS088 Roll: 724 Frame: 66 Mission ID on the Film or image: STS88
Country or Geographic Name: OCEAN
Features: PAN-SNGLNT., SPACE DEBRIS
Center Point Latitude: Center Point Longitude: (Negative numbers indicate south for latitude and west for longitude)
Stereo: No (Yes indicates there is an adjacent picture of the same area)
ONC Map ID: L-05 JNC Map ID: 51

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It does look similar to this video. Was there an explanation as to what this one is? Im not buying Jose and the ROD theory tho. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have been an avid UFO video watcher and watch every documentry I can. Considering the case where UFOs filmed by Nasa like going into thunder storms the fact that we seem to catch a UFO here entering into a tornado does not surprise me. It could be that they are studying our weather or need to recharge their batteries. Evidence suggest that there craft use very high voltages. Maybe they like storm chasing too and are doing it in their own way.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ok - after a little side-tracking posts, i'll get back on subject,

just been checking dates for a few hours and come up with this (amongst others)

May 25, 1997. Near Loco, Oklahoma. In what might be called a "video replay" of the above phenomenon, L. Lamphere caught a similar fast-moving "object" near a tornado-spawning storm. He and his team had a digital video camera trained on the storm and were taking time-lapse still photos

www.science-frontiers.com...

even though the o/p's vid states, in the first few seconds - "on memorial day"

anyone else put any light onto this ?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
It is clearly a bird. You can see the wings flapping if you watch in slow motion - or frame by frame. It is so obviously a bird, I cant even believe the people uploaded this claiming UFO.

I will try and get some screen captures up.

ETA: Grabbing screen shots probably wont help. As the object is so tiny. You just have to hit puase many times and watch frame by frame starting around 4:00. If you do this, you can see the wings flapping.

[edit on July 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

yeah, a bird breaking the sound barrier. Try again.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by JPhish]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join